Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i'll just keep using moom window snap. it suits my needs. "split view" is hardcore reinventing the wheel, both here and in windows when they touted it a couple years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also why would you not have retina. your post causes me great displeasure.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jfc man...

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

the change from Helvetica Neue to San Francisco as system font is worth a solid 3-5k words.
the new system font changes everything. all over again.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

As a Millennial I posted:

did they rip off microsoft's windows 10 feature of allowing you to roll back to the previous, better OS or will that be coming 3 years from now

iOS 9 is the best iOS version yet.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Internaut! posted:

lol iOS 9 safari content blocking disabled in canada

works for me

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I got crystal since it's free now and I'll wait for someone to do a comparison article before I pay for one

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

very interesting. please keep us updated on the situation as it develops.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I had some issues trying to update my phone OTA this morning but it eventually worked

updating iPad at home took about 2 minutes

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cremnob posted:

oh my god im enjoying this adblocker fall out on twitter so much

who should I follow for this

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"welcome to hell," lol.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

oh they made the corner radius a bit bigger. what a travesty.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my 5s runs faster and better than ever

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple earned the accusation that iOS updates ruin phnoes after the fiasco that was ios 7 on the iphone 4.

but updates on my 5s have been really great and there's no sign that'll change any time soon. ios 8 and 9 made this phone faster if anything. so they've cleaned up their act on that front imo.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

also last week I had a house party and instead of making a playlist, i used apple music for 90% of the music and it made perfect selections every time. flawless. insanely great. thank you tim

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

your animations dont get stuck halfway now? when you swipe on a messenger notification and use your thumbprint to unlock it doesnt get stuck halfway between the lockscreen and numpad? your homescreens dont get stuck half an icon into the next screen, disabling all attempts to select an app? the new old search screen doesnt take forever to populate with news and all that poo poo before you can actually search with it? im jealous of your functional phone

nope. none of this

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"hosed up"? they've raised the bar by doing away with the idiotic "tradition" of camping out in mall parking lots

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

apple must be just thrilled with him

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Tim is a merciful king.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah my MBA feels faster/smoother with el crapitan

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

every apple service is mega hosed today and yesterday lol

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

get an SSD

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my stepdads beer posted:

this thing has an intel hd3000 that'd be a waste of money at this point
not really. you'd be turning a barely-usable workstation into a very fast workstation

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

10.11 is extremely good.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

graph posted:

I LIKE HOW elcrap turns off the threefinger tap to lookup
i noticed that. was worried they made it a force-touch feature. but you can turn it back on thankfully

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ya the company bought us a bunch of "new" 2014 iMacs last year with 5400rpm hard drives and builds take 8x as long on those things vs my MBPR. and you can't upgrade them because the case is sealed shut with glue.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

those things are horrific to type on. the apple ones are much better

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mechanical keyboard > apple keyboard > any other keyboard > offbrand apple keyboard knockoffs like the logitech k360

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the magic mouse was already a POS and adding a charge port to the bottom doesn't make it much worse than it already is imo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

my g700 can be used while plugged in but I would happily lose that if the battery lasted a month instead of a day or two

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

FMguru posted:

he straight up said the people who went from tesla to apple were losers who tesla dumped because they sucked
sounds like a toddler having a tantrum

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

use isub you fuckin sperg

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

what's the opposite of buyer's remorse? I haven't been this satisfied with a product in a while (iPhone 5s)

Last Chance posted:

same, i love mine. i could easily skip the entire 6/6s line and be just fine.

same here op

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

I hope the apple tv gets lots of cool innovative apps and becomes the best device
i hope people buy the apps

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

installed the retail tvOS on the dev kit. it's very needs suiting. really hope someone releases an air video client. thank you timb.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

our app requires the user to login or signup on first launch. Apple Canada rep complained to us about having to type in logins. So we added a "play as guest" button that creates an account with a random email so they don't have to type anything

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we only did it to appease them. timb is a vengeful lord.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

finally something I can agree with THC on

you won't like this: if there's an air video client for atv4 I will buy my parents one for Christmas even tho I bought them atv3 last year.

always be buying great new products from Apple

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

and now you constantly whine about it being slow and bad.

now? hes been complaining about it for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

128 is enough for a machine running os x as long as you dont plan to keep your pirated anime collection on there. but windows will quickly eat up half of that space with update files and other bullshit. having windows and osx both on there is asking for trouble

• Locked thread