Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

zen death robot posted:

you could have purchased one that wouldn't be obsolete/usless in 3 years for the same price and it wouldn't have been a giant nerd badge as well

oh no my $400 watch will be obsolete in 3 years at which point i will prolly be able to sell it for $150 easily. this will destroy my finances

- someone literally starving

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

do you actually have a list of your favorite apple ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-UuIEOcss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCKm2sdkA4A

poty
Jun 21, 2008

triple sulk posted:

the exercise part of the watch is entirely useless if you don't walk or run a lot. the stand detection doesn't loving work correctly either because i've stood for 20 minutes or so while cooking and it alerts 10 minutes before the new hour. you need to actively swing your arms around for the thing to actually understand you're standing.

youre standing up wrong

poty
Jun 21, 2008

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/08/20/apple-disables-dashboard-default-osx-el-capitan/

rip dashboard you had a couple of good widgets but nobody had cared about you for years

poty
Jun 21, 2008

im all the bad music

so all of the music

poty
Jun 21, 2008

are you off today. make up your f mind

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lifehack: you can buy the current one now and then sell it when you replace it with the 3rd gen

poty
Jun 21, 2008

yesssss

poty
Jun 21, 2008

maniacdevnull posted:

Apple devices do not have nfc capabilities, the only offer the apple pay stuff but not full nfc

"they only offer the best implementation of the useful thing you can do with it, they missed all the other confusing garbage that only nerds like"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i cannot believe i have to wait 14 more loving days for apple to blow my mind all over again

poty
Jun 21, 2008

just buy whatever you wanna buy like next week because theyll upgrade you to the new one for free during the first 14 days or 30 i forgot

poty
Jun 21, 2008

boy if there is something i care less about than tech journalists talking about tech its tech journalists talking about themselves

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

According to a new report out of Variety, Apple is looking to enter the TV and movie production industry in a way similar to how Netflix has recently done. The report claims that Apple has been looking to hire both actors and directors to create production divisions that would produce exclusive long-form content in-house.

Specifically, Apple is said to have made a bid to hire the stars of the BBC series Top Gear, but Amazon won out in the end and secured Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond for its own original content.

i hope this isnt true. a radio station is just a way of bundling recommended playlists but this is like apple producing its own music

also top gear is an awful match for apples brand when you consider how the press loves to clickbait the gently caress out of any tiny controversy.

can you imagine the headlines the next time clarkson jokes about all germans being nazis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tovsumS7CXU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

kids today dont know poo poo about good music

poty
Jun 21, 2008

poty posted:

kids today dont know poo poo about good music

im being ironic of course lol if elitedaily.com isnt your homepage af

poty
Jun 21, 2008

why did apple not include the news app on ios 9 beta. i wanna use it nowwww

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

uh, they did?

you probably have it shoved in your "apple junk" folder because it was newsstand before.

i googled it and its only enabled for the us locale :( 👎🏿💔🇨🇭⛔️📵⁉️

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i did feel the adobe guy was over the line when he said he was gonna "fix this chicks resting bitch face"

poty fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 10, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow cremnob i also follow linda dong on twitter

check out this sweet list of places in japan she posted http://www.lindadong.com/blog/japanfavorites

poty
Jun 21, 2008

its me im bel v on the comments

poty
Jun 21, 2008

what the gently caress is an nvidia shield

poty
Jun 21, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

i think it is/was a handheld device by nvidia that failed, so they turned it into a set-top box with the same name and specs?

PleasureKevin posted:

the handheld was extremely big and heavy and wasn't really meant to go outside the house, instead letting you play games comfortably on your couch, which there was no other way to do before.

sounds like a winner

poty
Jun 21, 2008

THC posted:

try reset pram idk

no dont hes a human being

poty
Jun 21, 2008

tim cook is gonna be on colberts show this tuesday fyi

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wow who would have guessed that cintiq (and possibly android???) users would be misogynists #pencilgate

poty fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 13, 2015

poty
Jun 21, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

reminder: I'm upgrading from this:

to a 6s

did you just wake up from a 10 year coma

if so congrats

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Stux posted:

*dorps mug on gorund, it shattedrs immediuately *

*startes at starbucksk barisita*

this is unancceptable.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i heard they had to change the aluminium for the 6s because testers phones would bend when trying to 3d touch stuff

poty
Jun 21, 2008

that story with the flowers and the chocolate was heartwarming thank you for your service in difficult times pressurekevin

poty
Jun 21, 2008

guys im trying to download the update can you loving wait until im done thanks

poty
Jun 21, 2008

can anyone read the macstories ios review by tom collins and post the good bits

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Puppy Galaxy posted:

lol updating to ios 9 made my 5 slow, animations are all jerky and poo poo and everything is unresponsive.. thanks steve

mods please ban this troll

poty
Jun 21, 2008

cremnob posted:

from purify guy

i use ghostery (the list peace is based on) on mac safari and i like how many garbage trackers it kills but yeah it breaks some sites

poty
Jun 21, 2008

leave it to hollywood to blow the rights to the most amazing story in the last 50 years in making a propaganda piece full of lies and gossip

poty
Jun 21, 2008

pram posted:

if the website is broken with ghostery just stop using it. or use an incognito window

yeh thats what i do. i dont blame ghostery im just saying its a fact that it breaks sites

poty
Jun 21, 2008

lol the twitter bloggers got to marco

poty
Jun 21, 2008

but if you remove my 30 javascripts so google can spy on my visitors how will i feed my children

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i foresaw apple music being poo poo at first and saved my 3 month free trial for later

the fact that it launched on a june 30th was a huge red flag. its obvious that it was rushed so it could make the last loving day of the fiscal quarter so eddy cue or whoever could get a fat bonus. steve didnt put up with this kind of poo poo btw

it should get better now the grind for iOS 9 and mac os is over

that said i dont think spotify is any better and it doesnt have taytays songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i cant see how the best tech podcast would be better than the worst podcast about a topic that is actually interesting such as slates working

• Locked thread