Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I charge slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

what possible advantage could that have over just using the phone

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

same, but with my piss jug

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

BONGHITZ posted:

apple is the greatest company on the planet, i want apple to run the government

ios is great, osx is great and good

what the- this gleaming white voting machine only has one button! tim cook looks on and smiles grimly

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

I use the Inbox app instead of Mail, and Google instead of Siri or Search or whatever the gently caress its called.

and it looks like theres a native google keep app now so i dont have to use the reminders app

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the fbi already admitted they have a lineup of phones they want to use the same software on

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

last niught my 5s froze so bad i had to do a hard reset on it, should i restore it? heard it only takes a few minutes

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

apple is sending me a reminder every day that my icloud storage is almost full. i dont care, any way to get them to stop reminding me?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

THC posted:

pay $1 a month for 50GB icloud storage

or delete and disable icloud device backups and icloud photo library

yeah every email says i can just upgrade. nice telemarketer tactics tim.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i dont care about the politics of icloud. theres still over 400MB of space left and i just want to stop the emails. how do i stop them. or is turning it off literally the only way

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

infernal machines posted:

you know in your heart what you must do

good to know that if i want to avoid annoying upselling tactics i should buy android

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

people use it all over

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i tried using itunes store wishilist to keep track of albums i was interested in but hadnt been released yet but apple deletes items from the wishlist when they \go from preorder to released

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Stymie posted:

basically phones started to get too big with the 5 and steve used actual testing and evidence to support this fact which is why the 4s remains the superior form factor

there's a lot of people that fancy themselves special with big salad fingers but they're just buying into big screen marketing because of a lack of critical analysis

stymie the ergo expert: i know you fancy yourself left handed but youve actually been bamboozled by the specialty scissor industry's marketing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

no knobs. terrible

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i keep bringing up and showing off my new gadget and everyone wants to play with it?? mods???

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

theultimo posted:

music.ipa seems
fine but Jesus gently caress podcasts.ipa is still horseshit

a while back i opened music and it froze on a splash screen advertisement for apple music subscription and i had to force restart it to get to my actual music. its real bad. google play music is 100x better

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i have something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-USB-W...NsAAOSw7FRWXTxT and havent had any issues outside of iphones naturally flaky bluetooth implementation

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

is google music a good alternative to itunes match?

google music is great, you don't need to pay to use the match feature and it will never delete your music like apple itunes, which will delete every mp3 file on your computer. i just need sundar to update the ios app for the new podcasts playlists which i hear are very good!

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

fart simpson posted:

also about twice a week apple music will hang on the app loading screen and then i have to go into ios settings and turn off wifi, go back to apple music and let it finish opening, then turn wifi back on. happens on my boss's iphone 6s too

you just have to force close the app and reopen it man. just like i have to toggle night shift mode on and off about every other morning because it gets stuck on

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

steve jobs was so centered and accepting of his cancerous fate that he underwent a liver transplant

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

My iPhone has been getting stuck in 1x mode lately when it comes out of no service so I have to toggle airplane mode to force it to reconnect to LTE.

this happens to me sometimes. thank you jony for making it easy to toggle airplane mode with the bottom control center

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ghost Farts posted:

How long will it take for The Verge to like dongle? 2 days
Will dongle be a success? Yes
Total Apple dongle sales: 500 bn USD
Total Samsung dongle phones over the next two years: 3000
Total deaths of people who starved while waiting for the new iPhone 7 Plus Pro: 15 dead
Will this cause waiting Apple users to leave the lines? No
Will dongle come in rosegold? No
Will Apple introduce a dongle to attach two dongles to one dongle?: Yes
Will Apple introduce dongle as "incredible, awesome, amazing"? Yes
Will the media refer to the introduction of dongle as "donglegate"? No
-If yes; will Apple retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Tim sacrifice Jonny (make him introduce dongle/move him to sales)? No
Will LG subsequently introduce a donglephone that supports 8 dongles simultaneously? Yes
Will Google do anything silly like try for modular dongles? Yes
Will a fake dongle cause a series of fires? Yes
How long will the dongle trend persist? ~15 years
Will Steve Jobs rise from the dead to prevent dongle?No
In the long run, will dongle be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those user casualties are- just because they're likely doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a truck while fiddling for dongle.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house catches fire due to a fake dongle.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since Apple doesn't make a habit of targetting poors who walk or buy fake accessories, they're very small in number!

3) An Android user working at a hackerspace gets electrocuted when he plugs a dongle into an electrical outlet.

4) A Chinese preparing a shipment of fake dongles sold on Aliexpress is killed when the shipment explodes.

5) A non-certified tech repairing an iPhone 7 Pro Plus is killed when a dongle shorts.

6) A YouTuber bleeds to death from a paper cut while unboxing dongle.

7) A techbro chokes to death on a dongle that fell into his Soylent without him noticing.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of dipshit poors and idiots supporting non-Apple approved solutions that aren't exactly "innocent" and whose death would rightly please Apple. I'm an Apple user who jailbroke his iPhone and work for a ridesharing but for goldfishes startup, but I acknowledge I'm also a tremendous idiot hellfucker because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of user casualties will not be innocent.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

that app store dev whos account was killed by Apple has recordings proving apple has been lying about the whole thing. his only mistake was paying for a dev account for a scummy relative. the company, it's a piece of poo poo

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

GameCube posted:

my freaking iphone wouldn't charge today no matter which cable I used and I had to reboot the phone to fix it. what a freaking piece of crap the apple iphone is.

same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. it coincided with my car charger dying, maybe it has a self preservation thing that shuts off the port if it gets weird power input

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

there's a big button on the bottom of that page that says more configurations. it maxes out at 32/1tb

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

my phone does not have the force-touchy so I can just pull down the alarm. it even has a little bar on the bottom of the alarm box to let you know about it.

yet again the SE proves to be the superior iPhone.

does just pulling down on that notification actually work for you? with ios x I've started to have to sort of slide the shade up and then pull it down to get to actions, took me a while to figure out

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

apples spaceship is 2 years behind schedule because they wanted subtle fire exit signs http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/7/14535676/apple-spaceship-campus-perfectionist-requirements

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

carry on then posted:

it's pretty good for playing a specific song if u wanna hear it, too

is there a way to get it to play a specific album?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

r u ready to WALK posted:

when you watch low frame rate video at the cinema they insert black frames to counteract motion blur from your eyes tracking moving objects, on a home display in a well lit room 24fps looks like juddery garbage in comparison when it just does a hard transition from frame to frame.
motion interpolation was an attempt to counteract eyestrain from all that judder, unfortunately it is really good at revealing bad acting, props and cgi effects.

:thunk:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

cis autodrag posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ripoff posted:

does an egpu accelerate the screen of the laptop/desktop in a target display mode over thunderbolt 3 or does it only accelerate external monitors connected directly to the gpu through hdmi or displayport or w/e?

either way it's a neat technology, but it'd be cool as gently caress to smash together a 5k imac with a huge gpu and have a poor man's imac pro

on Windows laptops the egpu will help the built in display with some performance loss compared to an external but OSX doesn't support it at all

• Locked thread