Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

lol

this probably just means wifi implementations on apple devices will support more of the optional cisco wifi poo poo on the client side that make wifi slightly less lovely

yes, like better wifi AP migration as you walk and talk down the hallway, and not being forever stuck on 2.4 GHz if that's the only signal you were able to get when you first looked at your phone in the parking lot. wifi is a poo poo protocol that has no features to support extended coverage and handoff. Cisco has a lot of features to try to fix that, but they work much better with a device that's aware of them and playing along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
top gear is just drooling at supercars, fake and lame "story" segments, and wankery about British motors (lol). so a good show for 14 year olds, I guess.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this codec attempt is totally going to be different from all the other ones

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
consortiums are where failed technologies go to die

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

so apple will just put h.265 support in their devices then google, netflix, etc will end up using it or their content will run like trash on it?

iPhone 6 already does h.265 for FaceTime

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the only reason iPhones don't do everything in h.265 is because your dumb desktop won't be able to play them.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Athletic Footjob posted:

they're great - Tony the Tiger (thanks autocorrect???)

feel the bern

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
iTunes is bad

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
a friend at Apple explained it to me: any software from the eddy cue division is bad. iTunes, podcasts, the App Store.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

bobbilljim posted:

i listened to the weeknd BEFORE his first album was out, JEEZ

I don't know who this is

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Triglav posted:

he's a friend of drake

drakes the guy who made this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxgqpCdOKak&t=3m0s

drake started from the bottom as a child tv star, now he's here selling cds

drake was the guy who was babbling incoherently at the last Apple event, so I know who that is

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

jony neuemonic posted:

osx being released on non-apple hardware. the clones are back. :toot:

all new macs to have blu ray drives

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

the weeknd was at the same apple event god drat

I still don't know who that is

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Athletic Footjob posted:

i just realised that force touch could be a useful addition to the lock screen passcode extra security for weirdos that don't like touchid. deep pressing the numbers for extra combinations.

I'd like to sit in on the Apple design meeting where you proposed this and then got yelled at for 15 minutes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

i googled it and its only enabled for the us locale :( 👎🏿💔🇨🇭⛔️📵⁉️

🇺🇸america🇺🇸

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
or maybe, and I'm just guessing here, they haven't done the work integrating news sources from other countries yet and it's not purely because they hate dirty foreigners.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
did you know apple's event was a misogynistic hate fest?

Why it's not OK for Apple to Photoshop a woman to make her smile during a live event
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-photoshopped-a-womans-smile-2015-9

quote:

the audience applauded, Twitter erupted as many onlookers questioned Apple's decision to include that demo in the presentation.

There are plenty of arguments about why people should stop telling women to smile. Some women consider it a form of harassment — a phrase that they hear barked to them aggressively as they walk down the street.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/future_tense/2015/09/09/apple_event_adobe_manipulates_a_photo_of_a_woman_to_make_her_smile.html

quote:

Unfortunately for Apple, putting the right bodies on a stage won’t do much to allay accusations of sexism if women aren’t making decisions backstage, too. Watching the Adobe demonstrator make his subject grin would likely induce flashbacks in any woman who’s ever been asked by a stranger to contort her face into a shape that better pleases the men who have to look at her. The next time Adobe wants to show off its latest apps on a photo of a woman, it’d be better off giving her a set of bloody fangs instead.

a bunch of other tumblerinas have their panties in a bunch over Apple's abuse of women. they even have a hashtag. expect tim to resign in disgrace at any moment

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Linguica posted:

sorry you're so offended by what other people are saying. maybe you should try chilling out

stop telling me how to feel!

mods, please ban for microaggression

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

theflyingexecutive posted:

isn't it better to make a photo of a woman smile

actually it's a form of rape. i wouldn't expect you to understand

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

"needs more cats" exclaims millenial-pandering clickbait-journalist with a finger on the pulse of internet trends

with bacon!!!!1

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

i'd really like it if she had a professional account so i could read her insightful stories and things she finds informative and not 50 tweets about how she has a cold/cats/air conditioning problems

she works for vice now so her professional tweets are now also retweets of sjw anger posts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

apple pencil is the best

Dong-approved

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Ben Grahams Ghost posted:

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/11/9310119/tim-cook-apple-iphone-6s-event

"Even in years when Apple isn’t taking the really big swings, like an entirely new product category or service, its control over the levers of both hardware and software allow it to iterate in more meaningful and important ways than anyone else."

I bet nilay is starting to regret the re/code tie up now if he didn't already

mossberg called again. apparently he gets a phone call from Apple media rel every time the verge writes a story and they yell at him. he left a message to "act like an adult and stop loving this up"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

what the gently caress is an nvidia shield

imagine an ouya but worse

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol, Apple is killing web ads for the most affluent consumers

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
your girlfriend is your second hand

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

at first it was hardware kb snobbery, then it was hipster anti tech snobbery, then it was frugality snobbery (they're like $15 on ebay and accidentally throwing one away didn't affect me much), and now it's just shame, soooooooo looking forward to having a real phone

I hope you aren't this bad at other life decisions

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

you can always tell an "artist" who is bad at drawing hands

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
rip Canada. should have joined the union when the dollar was at 1:1

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
welp, ban cremnob

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
there is no engineering solution to stupidity. Apple makes the best phone for people who aren't completely retarded. those that are will sit on their phone or drop it or put it in the microwave and then will suffer the consequences. trading off making the phone worse for normal people in order to protect the idiots from themselves is something only idiots want

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
shaggar is just going to keep repeating "bends with normal use". lol if you idiots think any amount of evidence is going to stop him from doing that

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the new font is great, content blocking is great, new multitasker is great. thanks tim

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
marco is a whiny bitch idiot and possibly a mailbox head

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr. Apollo posted:

change your region to usa in settings

are you saying there are public transport directions in Sydney if you do this?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

it's too light on app names but looks better at larger sizes

agreed but it turns out I find apps by the icon anyway.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

prediction: big ad companies will form some sort of standard for non-poo poo ads that sites can promote so they look non-lovely but it will also be a massive data sharing exercise and will include mandatory email, text and phone # access

prediction: Google CDN will host your site, serve inline ads that are impossible to filter, track all users

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

cremnob posted:

somebody benchmark all the ad blockers so we can see wahts the fastest, uses the least memory, etc

where is a tech journalist when you need one? oh yeah, they all work for clicks so they can't do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
waiting for the ballmer movie to hit theaters

• Locked thread