Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol aids I find that funny because my posting persona is a limp-dicked dril knokoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cremnob posted:

lol nilay has a predictable twist on the recent conversation about ads ruining the web. it's safari's fault and not all the ads and scripts

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/20/9002721/the-mobile-web-sucks

ugh apple is making phones with only a single gigabyte of ram, our advanced platform of pictures and text is too much for these puny devices that outspec a laptop form a couple years ago

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

typekit will become the most valuable as people refuse to block it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

typekit is good and it made me mad ghostery blocked it

you can unblock it but they do sell the user data

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

its not cool. i put my fancy fonts and it looks good and then i realize some idiot poo poo is blocking it and making the fonts look like poo poo. ghostery is ruining my personal vision

laffo if your site doesn't gracefully degrade all the way down to lynx

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Boxturret posted:

:toot: B A N C R E A M K N O B :toot:
at this point you're more annoying than cremnob is

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

don't think I want apple products with chrysler quality levels

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"Mr. Betts abruptly left Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV last year to pursue other interests. The move came less than a day after the car maker’s brands ranked poorly in an influential reliability study."

sounds like an awesome hire

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ugh what is this garbage company only make 3.5 billion a month get that poo poo out of my portfolio

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

does tim cook put his name on every single patent like steve did

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple made a brave attempt at combining streaming and your own files but it's better if you use one or the other

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

uninterrupted posted:

looks like a cool way to hid your shame of buying an apple watch

p sure paying $100,000 for some no-name watch that's probably an off the shelf ETA movement in knockoff rolex case is more shameful

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fabricated posted:

'the bad news on apples stock is only beginning'

it's going to go down for a while until the 6s comes out and they sell 80 million of them then everyone will be amazed

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

why did he design sneakers that look think ugg boots then

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

his other shoes just look like a cosby sweater hosed a nike roshe run

[currently going for $700+ on ebay]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

qirex literally cant help himself
I'm making an important point that kanye west has terrible taste

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

really hope that instead of an ipad pro the 12.9" display is for a retina macbook air

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ok then how about "I hope the 13" pro becomes lighter and a lot less sucky"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Last Chance posted:

lol anroids meaningless playstation controller buttons always make me laugh.

"why yes, i'd like to square right from this app. "

"me? i'm more of a circle guy myself"

the playstation buttons actually have a system [unlike android]
the triangle points up
the circle is on the outside because the controller is a circle on the outside
the square represents the square part in the middle of the controller
x is at the bottom because it means "no" in japan [circle means yes]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

qntm posted:

which is why in the ps3 ui, x always means "accept" and circle means "go back" :confused:

they typically switch it for the US market but there's a handful of poorly localized japanese games that have O = yes and X = cancel and it's confusing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

good news for fatties

quote:

Apple is now offering a 42mm Link Bracelet Kit for the Apple Watch for US$49.

The kit has six additional stainless steel links for wrists that exceed 205mm. Crafted from the same stainless steel alloy as the case and the Link Bracelet, these links extend the 42mm stainless steel Link Bracelet by an additional 40mm.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think the air is the correct tablet size

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I'm looking forward to replacing my iPhone 5 with an iPhone 6s.

me too, I waited an extra year because I wasn't blown away by the 6 but at this point I want my apple pay and touchid

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I liked a lot of top gear but they were starting to get really repetitive in the last several seasons

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the botswana one was ok but the source of the nile special was crap

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

apple vs everyone else http://aomedia.org/
(for values of everyone else not including a single consumer electronics company or major movie/TV company)

turns out the people who don't want to pay mpeg license fees are the ones who aren't in the patent pool

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pretty sure all these "open" codecs are just that way because mpeg hasn't bothered scrutinizing their methods

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I like the os x app store because it reminds me of using my old 400mhz g4 on dsl

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all I really want is amazon streaming [seems likely under "apps"] and hdmi-cec [who loving knows, not getting too optimistic]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah there's a prime video ios app and it even supports airplay, I was watching the sopranos using it last night because my blu ray player was being lovely

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

picture of qirex standing proudly in front of his bluray collection

the only blurays I own are blade runner and the raid 1 & 2 but I use my netflix disc subscription a lot

I will add star wars if disney every bothers re releasing the originals [or just giving a million dollars to the despecialized guy]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don't think there's ever been a time where terrible-rear end pop music didn't dominate the charts, all the stuff you remember fondly from the past probably wasn't even that commercially successful or was a brief outlier

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you're racist if you don't like boring pop r&b

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is that screenshot from an iphone 3gs?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

so if it has no local storage why is there a 64 gig model

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wacoms have an eraser on the back but according to this video only people so good at art they never make mistakes will be using it anyway

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

would be pretty cool if they just supported the dualshock 3 since it's bluetooth and has motion controls built in but that's not Made for iOS™ so welp

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

no big deal as long as they can still write advertorials about how awesome microsoft is

technology: everything is great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

we should have heeded the warning, when apple inflicted U2 on everyone

the Age of Style is over

apple has always been dadly as gently caress about music
http://www.applemusic.info/

• Locked thread