Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Mulva posted:

Since when is The Weeknd or Glass Animals dadrock!?
there's some newish stuff in there but there's also a lot of
coldplay
foo fighters
jack johnson
john meyer
u2
etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

was going to order a 6s but it would have to be sent to my apartment and I'm not staying home from work to get a phone

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

i saw a bad video and i guess the 6s+ takes like 80lbs of force or something to start bending while the 6+ takes 30lbs to start

bespoke 7000 series aerospace aluminium at work

they probably just did this because they got a better deal on the new aluminum all tim cares about it making process more efficient

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also I don't like hard cases I want tone with some grip so I'll probably just go for the apple leather one

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

have we got a resolustion on the iapd p(r)o(o) yet?

can you not reach apple.com from new zealand?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

the new font is gorgeous

it's too light on app names but looks better at larger sizes

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prediction: big ad companies will form some sort of standard for non-poo poo ads that sites can promote so they look non-lovely but it will also be a massive data sharing exercise and will include mandatory email, text and phone # access

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the other option is that it will start being genuinely non-lovely but will then slowly walk its way back to status quo

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

new media is pretty efficient at squeezing labor out of 'journalists' in return for basically nothing

the good news is that we're probably only a couple years from most online content being generated by software

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I am convinced that in another year or so every forward thinking man will be wearing a dumb pleather hot topic stud bracelet with an ill-fitting blazer

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nah I still got hair

and I probably can't bench as much as sir jony

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fabricated posted:

No, it isn't. :)

all the swiss companies are just pivoting upwards, stuff like tudor [rolex] and zenith [lvmh] used to be actually cheap but they've "rediscovered their heritage" and now everything they make is like 3x what it was 5 years ago

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

by 2050 all swiss watch companies will market directly to the 1000 richest people on earth and their cheapest models will be $100,000

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

triple sulk posted:

this was in the first iOS 9 beta (used two fingers i think) but they removed it to keep the functionality exclusive to the 6s. lol

it might also have been because dragging with 2 fingers on a phone screen sucks since they left it in for the ipad

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm finding my 6s pretty needs suiting but the hugeness still feels a bit off, might be the case I got the apple leather one and it's pretty much as slippery as a naked phone anybody got a deece soft-touch case? [no silicone poo poo] [must be kawaii]

also I was pretty surprised I could just walk up and get one sunday at 5pm, I just did an "appointment" and it took fewer than 10 minutes until I was out the door.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

only 13 pages, pathetic

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingexecutive posted:

if you are phone needs grip and the camera wobbles, might i suggest the official apple leather case?

out of the box the leather case is nearly as slippery as the phone but it breaks in OK

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

after using 3D Touch for a week it's become a requirement for any new devices

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

why won't apple make a wireless kb with all the buttons? looks like the mouse doesn't support force touch too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Triglav posted:

no usb-c means no thunderbolt 3 means no displayport 1.3 means no target display mode means apple is doomed
I'd have bought an imac forever ago if they could do target display mode sorry apple my work makes me use a thinkpad and I'm not keeping an extra monitor around just for the 2x a month I work remote

edit: lol @ loser commonwealth currency whinging

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

nobody actually cares about gruber or marco fyi

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I use a logitech k750 at work and like it ok

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people actually use that?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Smythe posted:

discovered a big rear end stain on my shirt today smdh

whose rear end was it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if I listened to music that wasn't 20 year old mixtapes and had wifi at work I'd probably pay for it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

:agreed:

that said I went to 3rd party mice in like 1999

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

tech blogosphere civil war erupts in the least important conflict of our time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

seems like as good a way as any to burn a quarter of a trillion dollars

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the biggest impact on exports to china has been since almost the second new anti-corruption rules went into place [srsly]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that used the wrong taco fuckin El Paso crispy poo poo 🌮

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

no hdmi cable included

lmao

just use the one from the apple tv 3 you're replacing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm buying a new apple tv for sweet hdmi-cec action, now my tivo is the only thing that lacks it [and even their brand new one doesn't use it]

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

TiVo has been dead for years, their engineering department was gutted a long time ago

I haven't seen a company squander market domination like that since palm

there's still parts of their UI in standard definition in 2015

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

one of their industrial designers was carrying a block of modeling clay across the shop but tripped and dropped it and it landed with a little bit hanging off the edge of a desk

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

windows laptops are more economically efficient by going in the bin as a final assembled computer

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the ipad is really good at some stuff and even an old one is still really good at that stuff I'm only going to eventually upgrade for force touch since it's not like there's much left to do wrt them being smaller, thinner or faster

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

As a Millennial I posted:

is that 6s, or 6ses

iphones 6s

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

my favorite pencil is the rotring 800

eagle 314

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple could sell a shitload of iPads pro with some Xcode extension that lets you demo iOS with session recording and screen sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

right now we literally mount an iPhone on a stand with a camera pointed at it to do user testing

• Locked thread