Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

lol aids I find that funny because my posting persona is a limp-dicked dril knokoff

makes sense, i imagine people with aids dont usually find aids jokes funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Those calorie counts are really off

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo4BpgfWiBE&hd=1

rooster teeth ftw

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ironic that the guy with 5000 posts in the xbox one thread cant count properly either

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

emoji posted:

As I walk through the valley filled with nerds and gays I take a look at my watch and realize I have AIDS

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

oh my loving god please ban cremnob

cut off his head and 2 more shall take his place

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The AIDs is coming from inside the thread!!!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $10.7 billion and net quarterly profit of $49.6 billion

???

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
apple, not cremnob

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
buy our overpriced garbage and we will give you some more overpriced garbage for free

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
can you easily switch between 2 Apple IDs on a single iOS device?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DaNzA posted:

how much storage/processing power/battery life should be devoted to the other account? how are you going to handle notifications for each users that's coming in at the same time? what sort of security do you need to separate the users memory usage?

most importantly how many users do you think will use this feature to make the resources devoted to this 'worth it'

lol, you are saying that as if two people will physically be using it at the same time

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Last Chance posted:

family sharing owns and is Good for the average consumer. hint: no one except poor turbo nerds give two shits about having multiple apple accounts on the same device

i dont know how family sharing works so maybe that is the thing im looking for

guy buying same app for the third time: loving poors lol :smuggo:

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

the icons oin android for buttons are stiltl cumb sorry, confirmed by apples dropping the bad squar eform the home button. andoird sitll fial os that has 3 buttons for litleirally no reason.

instead of having seperate buttons like android, the way apple does it is give you one button that you need to press in a combination of morse code like presses to get it to do what you want

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

would

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

how do i get the adblockers??

cool post from 10 years ago

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Awia posted:

actually the ipad mini is the right size

does it have the right ram though?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my loving gosh

why the gently caress does one device with bluetooth and NFC built in need an add-on to communicate with another device with bluetooth and NFC built in

god drat it

DOA

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

Anyways nice job I'll take it on the chin

like his mother

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hi I'm Jonny Ive and welcome to Jackapple

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

the m8 doesn't have a fingerprint scanner

just take photos of your finger with the camera

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

still more secure than samsung's

imagine something like, called DongPass

you supply photos of your dick and then have to pick it out from a scattering of similar dick pics to log in

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"no penis found in photo, please try again"

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
that would be ownage

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lol

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

emoji posted:

Thank you for posting in FYAD once in 2009 so I can probate you whenever I want.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the ipad mini is too small, and the ipad air is slightly too big, there has to be a better way

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
just need to wait for tech pioneers xiaomi to bring out something bigger than their mi pad 2

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
rMBP 13 vs rMBP 15

what say you

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lets say it will mostly be a desktop replacement, with occasional need to take out of the home but not often

in my heart, i know the answer

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
the thing is im not sure if i even need the beefy machine anymore

the occasional time I will work from home I will have it docked to something regardless of which one i get, and lets say that working from home it may aswell be a dumb terminal

outside of work i use my phone, ill probably get a tablet after the march event, and the laptop will be for anything else that doesnt go well with that other stuff

but do i need a quad core beast with dedicated gpu? idk, maybe not. my steam library gathers dust and i dont pc game

i just dont know

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 8, 2016

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll be honest, I'm actually talking about the XPS 13/15, but all the arguments are still the same

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna buy that ROG RIG (up the ROG)

I'm probably gonna buy the 1080p XPS 15, but it doeset have gorilla class covering like the 4k model. In need a retina model in between 1080p and 4k

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ducking he'll this keyboard is bad

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dodoman posted:

Get the 4k model valeyard, it is worth it.

Also there have been reports of defects with the 1080p panel, check the notebookreview forums.

I've seen reports of ghosting on the 1080p, my only issue with 4k is there is no 4k content. Netflix don't do 4k over web (yet), it seems like having the UI scaling is a must. It's like once you have 4k you need to end up making it act like 1080 all the time

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well hidpi works fine. It's the third party apps that are the issue

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know that when I think of Belkin, I definetly think of high quality

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
May as well start your kids on at least a 5.5 screen, need to start the evolution process to get bigger hands for bigger and bigger screens

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
After only a week of using my big phone, my small phone feels very weird to hold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I get a step, HE get a step

• Locked thread