Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

k-zed posted:

At this point Smythe is like one of those moderators Lowtax imposed to destroy LF from the inside when it got too popular.

Tolerating outright death threats from the likes of Amethyst, joking with AIDS, or tolerating and using words like "retard" and "human being" not only makes him a bad moderator, but a bad person.

Actually, many would argue that posters like yourself, who see the dreaded human being word, cringe IRL and desperately plead to make the bad words go away are the cancer killing this forum. Sadly YOSPOS has been allowed to fester in it's own fail AIDS for so long that people think this is normal for the forums or something when its not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Constant Hamprince posted:

true. yospos has a near-terminal case of the fail aids and 6 hour probations are the only cure

I unironically think they should permaban the ppl who only post in yospos and never anywhere else. they are 100% all hosed up idiots who post nothing but whitenoise trash in lower case because Its A Fyad Lite

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd settle for a good company making stuff rather than these fail halfass silicon valley companies

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried it and Apple Music is the same as iTunes with a new coat of paint, which was always a piece of poo poo except for a brief time when it was better than Windows Media Player so people used it a lot. Nowadays people just hook their phone to a stereo to run Pandora or Spotify. Except me, I'm the guy playing music in VLC because I'm too lazy to use something else.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

artists could just decide what songs belong together, bundle them, and sell them to people, instead of letting computers throw things together or w/e and tech companies skimming money off musicians

Spotify's equivalent to iTunes's premium playlists things are pretty good but then again the only ones that get updated regularly are by Tiesto and Armin Van Buren so I hope you like trance music

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinterest Mom posted:

Things are looking different inside IBM, too. Once a company of blue suits, Wintel personal computers and BlackBerrys, Big Blue is on track to become the world’s largest corporate user of MacBooks. On Wednesday, the company began to apply lessons it has learned, introducing a service intended to help other companies adopt Macs.

What does IBM actually do exactly

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qirex posted:

I'm making an important point that kanye west has terrible taste

Those look cool idiot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stux is awesome because his posts are impossible to read so you doesn't take extra effort to ignore him

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSV1UFbhJ-A

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact that, to this day, people think Apple when they think of Adobe products boggles the mind since stuff like Premier and Aftereffects runs like a tire fire covered in dogshit even when you have a beefy graphics workstation, let alone some Mac that's going to be outperformed by a Chromebook in about a year

Same goes for Solidworks really, if not more so. TFW you start getting pretty high up there in the vertices count and complex operations begin to take for freaking ever

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Triglav posted:

weighs fifty-three potatoes

Hmm. I don't think it's almost 20 pounds.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

emoji posted:

I listen to tech podcasts because of organic brain damage.

I think about the folks in my favorite Apple Review Podcast/Morning FM radio station like they're part of my family.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uncurable mlady posted:

i don't listen to podcasts because if I want to listen to autistic nerds talking about technology I could just talk to my coworkers

I figured you'd just turn on a voice recorder

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

echinopsis posted:

the current pope is a legit threat to the shittu status quo so it's fair precaution given how much America loves killing people

Get this LF posting gently caress wad out of the Apple thread

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i scanned through the last 100 or so posts and idk why the gently caress the retarded apple spergs in this forum always want to discuss the tiny details of how buying stuff manufactured in another country works. we get it, you're a stupid fag. we don't need you to spell it out though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just lol if you don't use whatever phone was cheapest on Craigslist when you break your old one. Caring about phones is for subhumans

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DaNzA posted:

you are like one of those drivers who drives and parks really badly and complains about it when the car is all beat to hell and scratched up with the tail lights smashed, bumper crumpled in and rear view mirror half hanging off the side

":qq: why wont they make a stronger car :qq:"

and then you get the cheapest chrysler from craigslist

Actually I'm one of those weird people who don't sell their last year's model to get a brand new one every year, because I'm not a retard

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

When I come home, I ask whats for dinner. I expect 2 answers. 1 answer is about what's for me, the Alpha Male. It's going to be good, or she's going to be black and blue. Then I expect the answer for what she's having. There's only 1 acceptable answer. Do you know what it is human being? It's Tubesteak. I love to program computer.

Still loling about this post.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stymie posted:

they have major manufacturing sites on land stolen from palestinans and should be boycotted as part of the boycott, divestment, and sactions movement

my dad went on a business trip to the Israel Design Center once and he had to wear a kevlar vest and a hard hat in case of mortar/rocket attack. lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The range on most wireless headphones is horrible but I guess that's not a problem for a phone where it's probably never going to be further than like 10 feet. Still aren't the transmitters for wireless headphones a little more power-consuming than regular headphones. Especially if they use Bluetooth. Won't that make the battery life shittier.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Simply not possible that the worthless trash iPad pro outsold the worthless trash Surface. I'm not sure if an iOS device is worse than a ARM Windows one but they're both worthless for anything important.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want the future where we use micro nuclear batteries in everything

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

code45man posted:

Any accessories for properly labeling each of my kids' pencils?

I can't believe people buy smartphones or tablets for their kids.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Even personal laptops is a little insane but at least they might actually need that depending on the school

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm an insane redneck so even regular cellphones were useless in my home town until like 2010.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it's funny how a few YOSPOS guys think computer janitor is a cute nickname, when in reality it means you're a worthless drain on society just 5 years away from being fully replaced by scripts and teaching Tim from accounting how to reboot the server racks.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TFW in 5 years illegal immigrant workers will be able to do your 6 figgie job for $200 a week

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I replaced my used android phone with a 6S and it's nice and all but the normal search app is freaking Fail and Siri is bad too. But there's an iOS version of the google app android uses that does all the same stuff, but not as badly and doesn't have to open (as many) other apps as the Apple one. Anyway thats my Apple AIDS Story. Oh yeah and I'd be way more impressed with Touch ID if it wasn't used as a bandaid for Apple asking me to enter some kind of password every 10 seconds

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The iOS version of Awful is like, insanely better than the Android one though. What gives.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pseudorandom name posted:

That's a screenshot of a phone without Touch ID enabled.

it only goes to 15 minutes on mine. and that's to install free apps.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
insane 3rd opinion: iOS and Android are both insanely bad

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shifty Pony posted:

i never used game center before so i opened it and...

shaggar was right :stare:

You get to set a username, but your real name and email is on your profile and it can't be made private. Also you can't stop apps from accessing it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apple makes some of the worst paid software ever

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Google Play is a lot better than Apple Music and has better UI Han Spotify, but the official playlists aren't as good as Spotify.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Office of Personnel Management already lost enough personal info for a security clearance, like 3 years worth of references and past addresses and stuff, on top of my full finger and palm prints, so I'm that one insanely edge case where I don't care about biometric security because everything besides my retina and dickprint has been stolen. FTW.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you're going to use it as an actual desktop replacement, then get a PC that's the same price and twice the power but doesn't look as sexy I guess?

If you're going to replace a desktop you only ever browse the web with, then you could just buy a Chromebook for $199 and call it a day.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are they really doubling down on no headphone jack. Lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I use the Inbox app instead of Mail, and Google instead of Siri or Search or whatever the gently caress its called.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks.

I like my iPhone 6 and I don't think it's too big, but I can reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. If it was any bigger I'd hate it.

iTunes was good when it was better than Windows Media Player but then they started doing stuff like patching it every day and when it patched, it'd overwrite my settings which meant when I plugged my iPod in to charge, it would format the iPod and not sync anything to it even though I turned that setting off. Which dipshit at Apple though it was a good idea to even have that as an option back when the biggest non-huge-iPod was like 16GB and most people had huge, huge libraries that it couldn't possibly fit

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
STFU bitch.

• Locked thread