Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

PleasureKevin posted:

the iwata thing was like "hey everyone, if i could just have a second. today the CEO of nintendo died. he oversaw the Wii and 3DS. i just wanted to say thanks Iwata. so thanks Iwata."

there was like 20 people there maybe. coincidentally there was some get together of people from the international megacorp gaming company i worked for there, including my um main middle manager dude and i said hi after that.

in my subjective opinion it wasn't as catastrophic as you would naturally imagine a goon doing it, and believe me i would tell you if it was. i once wet my pants at a sleep over, i'm an open book about these things.

i still know the apple store guy i gave the flowers and chocolate apple to. he hasn't teased me about it so i presume it didn't seem pathetic there either.

i feel like both jobs and iwata stood "at the junction between the arts, technology and business" as edward land would say. that's extremely my poo poo. not just inventing or innovating on something, but pushing the needle of popular culture with that technology. i guess it's like, sure, carl marx invented communism, but it was stalin who took it all the way and made it happen!

jesus christ

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

el cap is not a day one install for me most likely

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Pope is visiting New York and Philadelphia next week, and UPS is halting deliveries in certain regions of the two cities. The delivery halt runs from Thursday, September 24th through Saturday, September 26th. Since the next day is a Sunday, package deliveries won't take place in the affected areas until Monday, September 28th. UPS is implementing this plan as a security precaution.

lmao. owned by the pope. papal ownage. the holiest of ownage.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this was in the first iOS 9 beta (used two fingers i think) but they removed it to keep the functionality exclusive to the 6s. lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i am going to wait until i can walk into a store and buy one.

same

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

epic shipping chat in the apple thread. gas

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apparently they're waterproof to some extent

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

qirex posted:

I'm finding my 6s pretty needs suiting but the hugeness still feels a bit off, might be the case I got the apple leather one and it's pretty much as slippery as a naked phone anybody got a deece soft-touch case? [no silicone poo poo] [must be kawaii]

also I was pretty surprised I could just walk up and get one sunday at 5pm, I just did an "appointment" and it took fewer than 10 minutes until I was out the door.

everyone wants the rose gold and no one gives a poo poo about the other colors so you can get them anywhere

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the 6s is noticeably heavier than the 6 and not in a good way

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol if u dont already have it installed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hahahahaha gently caress

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tanith posted:

wait, the 6s+ is $1200?

moon dollars of some sort

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaa hooooly poo poo

please, i cant take it. gas

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i dont want 2 live in a world where people selfie themselves w/they dead grannies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

praise smythe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao @ a loving 5400 rpm drive in the 4k imac

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cant w8 2 use the new magic kb and trackpad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Management posted:

comes included with your new iMac

with a 5400 rpm hard drive

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

force touch is really good

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

usb c is useless for the general public for another 2-3 years minimum and by that point you would replace your computer. and if you wouldn't replace it by that point, then you aren't the kind of person who needs usb c

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

idk everything I see coming out now has usb c

thats because youre a not a nontechnical woman or child and pay attention to things

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the magic keyboard is amazing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

its cool and good and better than heavy rear end blue switches

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DaNzA posted:

and they purposely put the wire on the bottom of the mouse so people can't use the mouse as a wired thing

it actively does not work if it's plugged in, but only requires a couple of minutes of charge time to function for an entire work day

the keyboard works without bluetooth if you connect it via the lightning cable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

its a really good kb

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

like it just works. connects seamlessly, types seamlessly, feels great under the hands and takes up no space. super portable. u can do real work on the go. amazing. revolutionary.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Dodoman posted:

it's a loving keyboard, my wireless logitech kb does that.

but is it insanely thin and light?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good thing it doesnt apply to this one then

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

well good news for you that these ones are different and fantastic

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mmm yeah look at that. its like the ghost of steve is helping you type. glorious. amazing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

poty posted:

holy poo poo

that was my reaction too op. its great.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

praise smythe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014