Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

it's almost like their QA is loving atrocious and that nerve damaged foxcon employee working up the courage to throw himself off the roof who built it just shot a big jizzy load of thermal compound in there and called it a day

yeah that dude needs to get his poo poo together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've tried to get the plus the last 2 times but they were out of stock and I'm all about some immediate gratification when I go to the Verizon store. Maybe this year I'll replace my 6S with a 7+. Either way, my needs with be suited and I'm sure the phone will feel great in my large masculine hands.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

when i wear my sisters jeans so my rear end looks cute for my boyfriend bruce to pinch before he fucks me hard and calls me fag, sometimes the corner of my phablet comes out of the pocket. and you know what? thats alright by me. that way people can see that ive got a big hunk of gold in there and they know im packing processor power.

your boyfriend sounds kinda gay

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

nah it just means the fbi exploited something on a phone using 3 year old technology and an outdated os that wouldn't work on newer phones to begin with

and the local pd/fbi were dumb enough to lock themselves out of the icloud backups which are not encrypted and a common method for apple to provide data from court orders

now apple can fully encrypt icloud backups and there's no way to get data from more modern devices going forward thanks to the fbi being stupid

yes it seems like the fbi might have won the battle but lost the war here. I also think Apple probably had something to do with this whether directly or indirectly. Stymie is right

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine caring which specific company makes the processor in your phone, even enough to look it up out of curiosity. Jesus Christ.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
It's good someone reset that markov bot that kept asking amethyst where he worked over and over, hate when they get stuck like that

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

My Linux Rig posted:

lol who wears a watch these days?

women and old men, and douchebags

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

i'm sad cremnob got probed, i was really looking forward to his spin on how yesterday's numbers are in fact good for apple

same. please consider this my formal complaint lodged in opposition to the cremnob probation

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
iGun reveal not going as expected

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
that's so loving stupid

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
RCP-90 supremacy

Apple software is bad, especially Apple Music and iTunes. It's just not bad enough to justify switching to anything else

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

theflyingexecutive posted:

I don't know a ton of 18yos who care about port availability

that's all i cared about when I was 18 iykwim

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

no, they're all garbage and sad

similar to thine posting

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i used to subscribe to spotify but the interface irritated me so i switched to apple music. its ui and general functionality is emphatically much worse than spotify, but i dont care enough to change back

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

hahahaha eat poo poo tim you dongle craving accessories whore

jimmy iovine and dre are gearing up to destroy apple too

dongle craver would make a good user name

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

I couldn't tell from the ad, does he have an illegitimate French daughter?

this is neither here nor there but your Twitter is good

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I was on a plane the other day and some goon lord with an iPhone in front of me was cycling through all these different dongles and special cases with all these accessories attached to them and it made me feel bad. our dongle future is now

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

im the....iso-triad?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Farts posted:

How long will it take for The Verge to like dongle? 2 days
Will dongle be a success? Yes
Total Apple dongle sales: 500 bn USD
Total Samsung dongle phones over the next two years: 3000
Total deaths of people who starved while waiting for the new iPhone 7 Plus Pro: 15 dead
Will this cause waiting Apple users to leave the lines? No
Will dongle come in rosegold? No
Will Apple introduce a dongle to attach two dongles to one dongle?: Yes
Will Apple introduce dongle as "incredible, awesome, amazing"? Yes
Will the media refer to the introduction of dongle as "donglegate"? No
-If yes; will Apple retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Tim sacrifice Jonny (make him introduce dongle/move him to sales)? No
Will LG subsequently introduce a donglephone that supports 8 dongles simultaneously? Yes
Will Google do anything silly like try for modular dongles? Yes
Will a fake dongle cause a series of fires? Yes
How long will the dongle trend persist? ~15 years
Will Steve Jobs rise from the dead to prevent dongle?No
In the long run, will dongle be good or bad for the world? Good

We have to look at what those user casualties are- just because they're likely doesn't make them innocent! Lets take a look at a few possibilities:

1) A civilian walking down the street to market gets killed by a truck while fiddling for dongle.

2) A civilian asleep in their house is killed when their house catches fire due to a fake dongle.

OK, these two are regrettable innocents being killed- but since Apple doesn't make a habit of targetting poors who walk or buy fake accessories, they're very small in number!

3) An Android user working at a hackerspace gets electrocuted when he plugs a dongle into an electrical outlet.

4) A Chinese preparing a shipment of fake dongles sold on Aliexpress is killed when the shipment explodes.

5) A non-certified tech repairing an iPhone 7 Pro Plus is killed when a dongle shorts.

6) A YouTuber bleeds to death from a paper cut while unboxing dongle.

7) A techbro chokes to death on a dongle that fell into his Soylent without him noticing.

etc, etc. The list goes on. My point is that there are a lot of dipshit poors and idiots supporting non-Apple approved solutions that aren't exactly "innocent" and whose death would rightly please Apple. I'm an Apple user who jailbroke his iPhone and work for a ridesharing but for goldfishes startup, but I acknowledge I'm also a tremendous idiot hellfucker because of what I do. And I think the vast majority of user casualties will not be innocent.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

my spirit animal is a sweet potato

uncurable mlady posted:

cremnob banned with normal use

good work everyone

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to buy a iPhone 7 in a month or 2, although my iPhone 6S is only about a year old and still works perfectly.I might get a 7+ if it's in stock when I go to the Verizon Store to buy it, but won't inconvenience myself if not and just get a regular 7. I don't care in the least whether it's got a headphone jack or how much RAM it has

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

BiohazrD posted:

vibrating hole

text me

Smythe posted:

Nah. The Nexus 6P is the best smartphone on the market. Just get over it say "suits my needs" without any more of this pathetic reaching. The SE isn't even an Apple flagship, lol. Deal with it, dude.

android is sub-optimal but lol at buying the cheapo apple phone. way to miss the entire point

zen death robot posted:

i didn't get thet jet black one because apple straight up says it scuffs easy and it had a 2 month wait

same. i am going to upgrade from my 6s black to a 7+ gold. since verizon has apparently gotten rid of all their upgrade incentives that don't involve paying them extra $ monthly for 2 years I just bought it through apple and will get another upgrade in a year's time.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
*nerd hits ipo lottery and goes to buy a new ferrari*

umm do you have anything smaller and slower? i dont need this much power and my hands dont fit on the steering wheel

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
you dont buy cars like that for yourself. you buy them so other people know you have one. in any case this is all really stretching my car analogy

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

and sometimes you needed a super high lifted diesel pickup with premium leather interior and no step on the passenger side so you gotta help her get in cuz you have a really small D

nah man thats all backwards. you gotta have a husky hog swinging in your britches to get a big rig like that

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

:uhaul:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
when my new iphone 7+ gets here im going to smash my months-old 6s with a hammer and throw it into the trash (not recycle)

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Citizen Tayne posted:

Have you considered buying an iPhone SE, the best phone on the market? It doesn't bend with normal use.

my 6s is as-yet unbent, however it will be bent shortly from ab-normal use, specificlally from when i destroy it intentionally

also i did not consider purchasing the steve edition. steve is dead and ive moved on to the tim phone

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
the vestigial phone only exists to help those coping with the transfer of power from steve to tim. it is like training wheels for the real iphone.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
ive spent several weeks in both Kansas city and st louis and I liked Kansas city better

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

atomicthumbs posted:

I dropped my Nexus 4 and it landed flat on the screen with a pebble sticking up past the bumper to shatter it. I swapped the logic board into my brother's Nexus 4 that had a broken logic board, so I had one extra-broken phone and one working one. It worked great, and wasn't even very hard. Plus, it taught me how to open the phone up so I could replace the worn-out battery when it came time to do that.

Androids have fringe benefits even if they are crappier in all other respects

They help you waste your time with broken android phones? Idgi

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Currently listening to music while my 6s charges. I'll have to evolve beyond these archaic practices later this week

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sdrIAXNo1s

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Stymie posted:

lol ios 10 is such a joke now, why would you install it?

It's really good. It's the most advanced mobile operating system ever.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

flakeloaf posted:

and as a followup, what could you do to break a 3.5mm connector that wouldn't break a lightning connector

bend over and I'll show you!! lol

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

GameCube posted:

nobody listens to Beats Radio.

it's bad

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

the iPhone 7+ is extremely pro and ownage. further proof that 80% of yospos are horrible jaded dipshits

Hell yeah. Posting from my 7+ now, brother. Once you go plus it's hard to be satisfied by a lesser device

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

uncurable mlady posted:

my needs are hella suited by the iPhone 7 Plus

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mishaq posted:

lol that diet mountain dew exists

*furiously shaking skeleton* my nigga have you tried jim beam

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
My iPhone 7+ doesn't have a headphone jack and I don't care at all.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

the 7+ is the best phone would recommend a+++

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

C.H.O.M.E posted:

space pen is? cool, imo