Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

poty posted:

the mx master is good except bluetooth takes a few seconds (like 30) to wake up when the computer does. for a few months i thought bluetooth was broken and used it with the dongle

I had this but worse and exchanged it and the new one works perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Uh yea Safari always unless you need to view a webm or dev something

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Lol if you value your phone data besides pictures which you have elsewhere and same for cloud data.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Everyone who needs to charge it, which is everyone

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

qirex posted:

you charge from a wall charger, convenient usb port on your desk or a battery

All of which are less convenient than the laptop or are the laptop itself (convenient usb port on your desk) and require additional plastic garbage to be bought.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The screens are definitely softer now and I made up bullshit wrong with my phone to get it swapped for a new one because it had so many microscratches. All my old iPhone screens are perfect and were subjected to all kinds of abuse for years.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

yeah it's better that your screen shatters because of a slight drop rather than get scratches you can't even see when the screen is on. definitely.

You can easily see it because it makes text fuzzy which is more distracting than a crack and your phone will break anyway if it hits right.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's Dropbox. Disable that trash which generates thousands of fs events even when 'idle'.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Lol at apple news running straight up malware networks

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's not actual Facebook it's a phishing thing within Apple news.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It's 2017 and Messages.app Version 10.0 (5500) still can't display messages in order even after force quits lol. It's a sqlite database. Sort much???

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I know this might be news in YOSPOS but human brains are more sophisticated than computers and if you have a 'trivial' face recognition solution that works for everyone you should patent and license it out to big companies.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
How many potato is that?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
*Spends an hour listening to a podcast with less content than a 90-sec article*

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Prosumer is an aesthetic it's not aping the pros.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Ban poors w/o at least 1TB SSDs.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

I have Netflix and prime and if I'm missing out on some hit new show on a different then too fuckin bad for that show. I'm with the management on this one. I want to pay for things but I simply don't partake at all if they don't make it easy. No show is so good that I need to pirate it to live the phenomenon or whatever.

Lots of people prefer better than Dollar Tree DVD tier content.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

akadajet posted:

"4K HDMI(30Hz)" wtf

Apple's official $70 USB-C dongle with HDMI-out also only has this.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The palm side of black people's hands aren't pigmented nearly as much if at all which may be news to some.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Apple Maps doesn't have ads except for 100% of results coming from the Yelp API and requiring that app.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

apple takes leaks and security very seriously. this gimmick is even dumber than your other one.

You should see how much of a joke access to the big databases are.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

guessing their customer data and poo poo

Yea

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I would definitely assume it's opt-in and they probably started from a game iOS project template.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I need Intel because I take lycopene, zinc, l-arginine, lecithin etc daily.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
People don't care who writes software they're not like music artists.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Turn off retard quotes people

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dodoman posted:

But then who would quote you?

U

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
iOS 11.1 preview

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Doc Block posted:

if the app is available in the country you move to, it should just automagically download them no prob

His post was about when it's not...

Also they pull apps for no good reason sometimes and there's no way to keep them if something happens to your phone.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Weed Sierra Trip Report: Broke the poo poo out of my AD auth for my standard user account with all my data on it. Have to log in with my local admin and turned on one drive to replicate back in all files and stuff I need. Huge pain in the rear end.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I am not very concerned with compatibility on the Strange Edge Case Software I use such as Office and Terminal

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Do they make a non-Apple laptop with usable two-finger scrolling? No. That's why it will always be worth the cost if you're not poor.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

qirex posted:

these are apple's first quick-charge capable phones iirc, you need a good charger for that to work

You would think the phone's internal charging circuit would um, take care of that if it had any sort of engineering behind it.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Apple is selling ads themselves in their news app in dedicated native UI elements which is new. Before it was just placeholder elements that were like 'get the most out of apple news' or something. Glad to see them becoming the new Google.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
It has nothing to do with it pulling apart from sheer force the cable jacket just disintegrates if UV or anything in a normal environment touches it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
For my personal computer I use a Kinesis Freestyle2 Mac edition with the last great MBP, the maxed out discrete Nvidia 2014 model.

• Locked thread