Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

one of my favorite apple ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98Eyl5Et0w

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

:allears:
apple is really the only mobile os to get apps exactly right. anroid apps are janky as gently caress in comparison

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

titan is coming

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i think it means that apple makes more with itunes/services that ms does with oem installs, office consumer editions, and windows phone combined.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

6 posts bitching about every 1 cremnob post. yep it's cremnob that's making the poo poo posts.

fat greasy nerds have always gotten mad at apple and people that like apple. nothing new.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

stop doxxing me you fucker

if by "doxxing you" you mean "reading your dumb posts" then i'm already on it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Perplx posted:

ad blocking will just lead to ads being embedded in domain of the page you are on

right now you goto theverge.com and load like 15 javascript files from 15 different domains

after ad blocking becomes too popular google etc will make a "cloud acceleration service" or a "website asset pipeliner" or some poo poo that will basically be a reverse web proxy

so theverge.com will actually be hosted by google and will serve out a single /scripts.js with theverges scripts and all 3rd party scripts concatenated

its going to be advertised as a speed up service at first but really its going to be the only way to make money because it bypasses all adblockers

yep, they've already started working on it.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

uncurable mlady posted:

alternate theory: all mobile web sites will create apps that are just webview wrappers and don't get caught up by the safari content blockers, and if you view the page on a mobile browser you can't get to any content unless you install the app

yep.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

Steve Jobs kicked rear end and without him none of these loving nerds would have done poo poo with Apple back in the day

jobs was a Good Man.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sue posted:

Apple Music's biggest problem is trying to be your old iTunes library at the same time.
They should have made a new app.

hmm but what if you wanted to listen to a playlist that has apple music and itunes songs

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah they're missing out on an entire section of money spending people with linux

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

I was comparing it do the dumb case that MS got hit with over IE, retard.

its you, you are the retard.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

family sharing owns and is Good for the average consumer. hint: no one except poor turbo nerds give two shits about having multiple apple accounts on the same device

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

here dad, when you wanna use the ipad to check the sports schedule. just make sure to switch users by tapping this button and selecting your account instead of moms. then go ahead and ask siri

this is Very Important

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Valeyard posted:

i dont know how family sharing works so maybe that is the thing im looking for

guy buying same app for the third time: loving poors lol :smuggo:

why would you buy the same app three times?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol anroids meaningless playstation controller buttons always make me laugh.

"why yes, i'd like to square right from this app. "

"me? i'm more of a circle guy myself"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

its a step up from the mandatory hardware buttons
ehhh, still a usability nightmare. i mean even in smythes screenshot, there's a big square button in the center which obv. means "stop" right? but then there's an identical square button in the menu below. does that also stop the audio? if not lol. if so, also lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

every android app has screen real estate dedicated for those buttons. so andoid users need giant phone screens to make up for the fact that 10% of the screen is always useless
lol

even thoe samsungs with the ugly small physical rectangle button? do those double up on buttons?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

titan is coming

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Amethyst posted:

except that's what it does on android too.

Last chance the retard was like "durrr what this button do? Oh i'll like to square please. hahahahah anroid"

difference being of course that iphone has one button that makes sense and anroid has multiple buttons with meaningless confusing symbols. the first time you use the iphone home button, you know what it does.

on anroid, youd have to remind yourself what the hell circle means compared to a square.

dont get me started on the useless back button.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

andoid also had a dedicated hardware search button lol

lmao

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

"last chance and all the record numbers of people switching from android are retards "

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my coworker asked the same thing and i went into detail about it. but i wish i should have just said " nope" and not wasted my time

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

Oh, and the fingerprints stay on the device! Trust us!

pffft sure they do... everyone knows apple collects fingerprints because they're trying to find a suitable surrogate for their steve jobs clone. i'm talking to my lawyer about this on wednesday..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

literally the dumbest naming convention and this is at a company that used to make something called a Centro 662AV or some poo poo

??? it's just called "macbook" would you prefer "mactop 4200c" ?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

iPads Nuevos

its Los iPads nuevos. mg

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

poty posted:

why did apple not include the news app on ios 9 beta. i wanna use it nowwww

???

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

nexus 6? is that sort of like the iphone 6? never heard of it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my stepdads beer posted:

how do you all 'dock' your rmbps when you're at home or work? thunderbolt cables all over your desk or you do continue to use the laptop screen all day like a filthy hunched animal or what

two cinema displays plugged into the 2015 rmbp sitting on a stand. the two cables go behind the displays into the thunderbolt ports. wireless mouse and keyboard. no cables on the desk except for a lightning cable to charge my iphone.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wild EEPROM posted:

BA
N C
RE
M N
OO

BBA
N C
REM
N O
B B

ANC
R E
M N
O B
B A

NCR
E
M
N
OBB

ANC
R E
MNO
BB
A N

CRE
M
NOB
B
ANC

R E
MMN
O B
B A
N C

REM
N O
B B
A N
C R

EMN
O B
B A
N C
REM

NO
B B
AN
C R
EM

:toot:

if anyone ever bans cremnob i will immediately buy cremnob's account back

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

did they even change anything in the new phone or is it just a 6 that costs more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTEB8cdQwo&t=130s

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i do like that apple still doesn't just trot out a bunch of idiot nerd specs in order to dazzle easily impressed dullards

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

what the gently caress?! no it's nothing like that at all you sick gently caress!

please leave.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

good job defending the guy who compared the holocaust to an old cell phone

good job not leaving. which reminds me, please leave.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

' i am so shocked wtf! you freak! freaks posting weird poo poo in yospos. must .. feign surprise!'

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

it's almost like...some things are really dumb as poo poo to say no matter where you post them :aaaaa:
yes yes, now get out.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

most sites use media queries in CSS to basically say "if resolution <= 767 then show this CSS:" but some have separate mobile pages and a script to redirect you if your device resolution is within some range. those are the two ways i know of.

that is a quote from mr bill gates

i think its more like user agent sniffing. but that way should probably die.

also this thread is giving me great pleasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

great post

agreed

• Locked thread