Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Internaut! posted:

stebe would definitely have appreciated all the elegance and thought that went into that gas station bouquet

hey where's ios9 and el capitan

el cap is september 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Internaut! posted:

what the poo poo? how is that gonna work with iOS not being in lockstep with OS X? like the new Notes.app has all kinds of new features that isn't on the Mavericks version, prolly other apps have new stuff too

jfc do I have to manually back up my data in 2015 like an animal?

huh? ive been using el capitan and ios 8.4 for months now no problems.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Linguica posted:

Unironically the most important feature in El Capitan is that they added an option in Safari to make ⌘-numkey change to that numbered tab

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to apple.com because Safari believes that's an appropriate thing to do when you hit ⌘-1

numbered tabs? huh?

edit: wow, never knew about that. thanks timb

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

As a Millennial I posted:

did they rip off microsoft's windows 10 feature of allowing you to roll back to the previous, better OS or will that be coming 3 years from now

why would they do this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Keyboard > "Show Lowercase Keys"

Nice.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lets check out some reviews of apple's first (non beats) android app on the play store

Why is there not an option to give -ve stars! They could have at least followed the Android design patterns. I hope this app gets kicked out of the Play Store soon. #HatedIt

Poor functionality I attempted to switch to ios (apparently zombies ate my brain) and my iPhone 3G would not accept my data. Also, my micro USB would not fit.

Avoid at all costs I installed this app and on the same day my neighbour was hit by a bus on the main road. Coincidence? I don't think so. Uninstalled.

Apple is a fad and I can't wait for it to crash and burn Hey Tim, I really hope you have your retirement plan already because I don't think Apple will survive any longer with the "innovation" you're pumping out. What I'm trying to say is, an hero Tim Cook, an hero.

i was going to copy more but theyre more boring than i thought they would be

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Sep 16, 2015

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Management posted:

prediction: Google CDN will host your site, serve inline ads that are impossible to filter, track all users

accurate except facebook will too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fabricated posted:

he'd still be here if he had spent some of his zillions of dollars on actual medicine instead of crystals and diet books

good stuff here guys, lets keep the laffs goin. favorite failed cancer treatment joke?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

anyone?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what a little bitch

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

its also coming os-wide to el capitan

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

how many people are going to actually use them?

well the adblockers are hitting the top of the app store charts..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Puppy Galaxy posted:

right but what percentage of iphone users are ultimately going to buy them 6 months from now when everyone who knows/cares about it always has one? most of my coworkers aren't using ad block on their PCs

i dont know the future what the gently caress are you asking me for

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I can't even tell the difference, nerds

its a different typeface used everywhere that's the difference .

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my body is ready for thin phone insertion

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

whoa

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DaNzA posted:

wait you can jailbreak to add pressure sensor?

it's like the same idiots who complained that there's no facetime on 3gs and they wanted to jailbreak to add that functionality because using the back camera for video chat is somehow a usable thing

it also meant that they had to clone the ecid/deviceid or whatever from another iphone 4 and hack that onto the jailbroken 3gs in order for the device to be even registered, but of course that breaks a bunch of other stuff too on both phones

???

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah imagine talking about boring nerd things like exchange rates and shipping dates in a computer forums. actually just imagine yourself leaving you dipshit

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Soldier of Fortran posted:

im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

lol nice try but stymie will activate his privacy protection subroutine whenever someone tries to get him to show off his 4s with ios 5.

i do have a 4 with ios 6 installed and apple's homepage now brings safari to its knees :( it froze entirely the other day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my ipad 1 with ios 5 does a little better, but imessage wont activate properly on it anymore :(

itunes match still works, but any apple music ive added to my library is grayed out

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

i scanned through the last 100 or so posts and idk why the gently caress the retarded apple spergs in this forum always want to discuss the tiny details of how buying stuff manufactured in another country works. we get it, you're a stupid fag. we don't need you to spell it out though

huh?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

eh, you should be getting replacements for your earpods if you've broken them and are using another backup pair for some reason

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Amethyst posted:

vergescore 8.5
http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/29/9411441/apple-mac-os-x-el-capitan-review

0.3 less than windows 10. wrap it the gently caress up applailures

ahh yes, the long awaited vergescore, the lighthouse in the mist of good tech journalism

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

it was all sarcasm just in case your detector is broken

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zen death robot posted:

what do you consider a good browser that isn't available on windows?

safari

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Stymie posted:

if apple builds a car i don't think anyone short of the completely delusional will finally deny that apple is a pale shadow of its former self, chasing consumer whims and disinterested in building quality products

iirc a few years ago jobs said he wanted to build a car "if he had more energy" :(

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

they were too lazy to redesign the mouse lol.. they just shoved a battery where the double-A battery used to go and put a port where the battery case opened.

come on apple

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Binary Badger posted:

Hey just remember that's the 21.5 inch only, the 27-inch uses dedicated AMDs all the loving way

Of course 4 GB VRAM is gonna help some programs..

BTW ho ho ho over new Apple perRIPherals... Gonna love the service calls on keyboards, mice, and trackpads with no user-replaceable batteries.

Tragic Keyboard - $99

Tragic TrackPad - $129

Tragic Mouse 2 - $79

no user replaceable batteries on any of them, plus you gotta charge 'em with a lightning cable like your stevePhone like a little bitch

Of course no new extra USB ports to charge all this crap

Oh good a use for the two dozen or so iPhoney chargers people get to accumulate after upgrading five zillion times

:qqsay:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dodoman posted:

is it a hybrid drive?

No.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i upgraded my ram on my 2013 non retina iMac

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

thats an iphone dock right?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah it's an iphone dock you dummies. someone just shoved their mouse on it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

thank you for fact checking a nd defending the honor of the aids infected mouse.

your welcome bitch

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

discovered a big rear end stain on my shirt today smdh

not surprising

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i like apple music just because i don't have to go into private mode if i want to listen to Some Weird Artist over and over and dont want everyone to know

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Magic Mouse is Good

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cremnob posted:

as i expected the beef with marco and the chick has continued and has gone down toward anti-women in tech whicch is pretty epic cause it ruins marco's "brand" even more

even nilay has decided to get in on it (hes another marco hater)

ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hes right. the magic mouse is great and feels good

• Locked thread