Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
iirc there are different ways to determine the size of the viewport or w/e when the display is high dpi cause theres like the effective resolution and then the actual pixel resolution and theres probably a way for the browser to use both in css. so maybe sites that are responsive are using the effective resolution and the sites that aren't are using the real resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

i took flowers and a chocolate apple to my nearby apple store when steve passed.

i also went to a local... "gamer bar" when iwata died and made a made a small speech to everyone there lol.

source ur quotes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Linguica posted:

ios9 on my ipad mini 1 has just slaughtered it. just scrolling in Messages is so slow now it's like a bad joke. what is this loving garbage tim

its a version of failos after 6.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idk who that marco dude is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol that marco dude is a giant retard

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh did he start tumblr or something?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ZShakespeare posted:

lol marco backed down because gruber bitched because the app blocked his ad network.

if someone bitched about my ad blocker I;'d block their site

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
can ios ad blockers do content injection? for example if someone were to request jquery version X from goog's cdn could you intercept the request and replace it with a local static copy of that version of jquery or maybe redirect to another cdn?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Triglav posted:

no but there's little reason to block static.google.com since as far as i know all they do is serve jquery and bootstrap and poo poo from there. trackers are on analytics.google.com, ads are on ads.g or doubleclick.g or whatever

I don't think they don't track from the cdn just cause its not analytics.google.com

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ludwig van Halen posted:

nah
I'm pretty sure all you can do is give safari a list of urls like easylist to block

oh, is it safari only? that's retarded.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
so ios users are seriously getting excited about paying for browser adblocking? I thought it was os wide. that's a letdown

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
otherwise it wouldn't fit the phone which has bent with normal use.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no they didn't.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

epic shipping chat in the apple thread. gas

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

apple peaked with the duodock

:swoon:

wow those sure are some bad computers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i don't think so theres a laptop and its not in a docking station and then theres a bad computer that the crt is sitting on.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
where? the laptop is not even docked

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:stare:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its one of the many reasons i will not be buying an iphone huge and bendy edition.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its huge but its not bendy and doesn't have failos 9 on it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 6 is so gigantic they added a special command to shift the screen down so you could touch it all.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

yo if youre on the elcrap beta

shake your cursor real fast. lol

I don't run Linux so post a video

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol the lag is insane

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
elon musk is right and apple is just chasing everyone else with really bad products like the iwatch and huge phones. a bad car sounds perfect for them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

new 4K and updated 5K iMacs today. also

lol they finally get around to figuring out rechargeable batteries but they still cant figure out how to ditch Bluetooth

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Perplx posted:

new imacs are pretty lame, skylake but no thunderbolt 3 or ddr4

thunderbolt is doa

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

its a hundred and thirty fuckign dollers lmao

lol and its not even a real keyboard or mouse

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

why won't apple make a wireless kb with all the buttons? looks like the mouse doesn't support force touch too

why would it need force touch? does it still only have 1 button?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao jonny ives is a retard

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

iMac 4K:

broadwell, not sky lake
no dedicated graphics option at all
no USB Type C
5400 rpm
Fusion 1TB upgrade has just 24GB SSD

but hey it's a 4K all-in-one for $1500

the people who buy macs aren't gonna be able to tell the difference so why not cheap out on some components here and there?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

triple sulk posted:

usb c is useless for the general public for another 2-3 years minimum and by that point you would replace your computer. and if you wouldn't replace it by that point, then you aren't the kind of person who needs usb c

idk everything I see coming out now has usb c

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
very slowly. which is how mac users like it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
altho tbh the skylake igp is probably more than enough to do it just fine.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oh wait its not skylake. hrm...,

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

Hey just remember that's the 21.5 inch only, the 27-inch uses dedicated AMDs all the loving way

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't think you can upgrade ram on any macs.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
thin keyboards mean bad keys most of the time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the laptop keyboards apple has been shipping w/ its imacs for the last few years are the worst ever.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

it doesn't look different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it probably makes sense in cremnobs head

• Locked thread