Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I wish Joe Biden could be VP forever and I wish his handlers would let him mouth off every once in a while. That was seriously supposed to be part of the package deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The secret service should still keep him out of groping range though.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

I hear what people are saying about Bernie, I really do, but I also can't imagine not wanting to sign up for four years of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05VnURkqjXs

Agreed 100%. I am going to watch that whole thing right now, I am so glad you posted it ahaha.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Probably Magic posted:

I hear what people are saying about Bernie, I really do, but I also can't imagine not wanting to sign up for four years of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05VnURkqjXs

I am up to the part where he slips in the comparison to Sarah Palin and death camps and I am thinking about going back to watch that VP debate too. It's not as good because you could tell Biden was (wisely) holding WAY back from just destroying and humiliating her, but that made it entertaining in its own way.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacemang_spliff posted:

That's probably true. Obama needs to put him out there more often to laugh at Republicans because that gif a couple of posts up makes me feel that all is right with this gay Earth

I'll be really surprised if he runs but yeah lol

I watched both Biden VP debates just now, the Palin one isn't really worth rewatching. It was riveting at the time because no one knew if Palin was going to meltdown on stage or hold her own or what, but seen today it's not that interesting (JB choking up, as linked earlier, is the most powerful part obviously). Ryan v Biden is still good though and this gif really captures it :)

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Winner is Jew posted:

Biden has always dropped the best insults in debates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPOAKXBi9Pw

I don't really like this one, it's obviously pre-written material he was just waiting for a good chance to use. In his Ryan debate he is just extremely well-informed and seems utterly comfortable with all his policies and knowledge, and Martha Raddatz has to hold him back from just spitting FACTS all the time. Then whenever Ryan tries to recite empty party slogans like a magic spell, Biden just looks over at him like "what the gently caress are you even talking about dude? Really??" then back to the moderator with a big grin "Haha can you loving believe this guy? Getta loada this!"

That's what made "please proceed, governor" so devastating, it couldn't have been scripted or choreographed. Bernie Sanders is super well-informed too, and passionate and well-spoken about important issues of equality etc, but I just don't know if Bernie can express a fraction of the condescending disdain that Biden pulls off so well.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

That's not Bernie's style. He just rips people another rear end in a top hat instead. So I look forward to debates if he can ream people with facts and sticks to the topics, which he always does.

I guess that's good for a presidential candidate, but he could probably use a running mate with a bit more panache... might I suggest, oh, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Name a President and I will bring out their innocent dead.

Better yet, name a president (besides you know who) and someone post about his or her election please! Non-US presidents too hence the gendering.

• Locked thread