Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Watson Your Back, Holmes

about to go bowling with some goons do you have any good bowling tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watson Your Back, Holmes

i keep hearing bowling is dead but like lol cmon

Watson Your Back, Holmes

for example, should I clean my bowl before or after bowling?

do pins really sound better when they're struck?

what happens if you lose?

oliwan

by Nyc_Tattoo
you lose, you die

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

why always a bowling ball? try a bowling cube and get a real edge on your opponents!

ty manifisto

verily carefree

try to get a strike, or dont, what am i your boss

smoobles

you might think aiming your bowling ball toward the pins is the surest path to victory, but it's not; direct your ball toward your opponents face and you'll win every time.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
put one upside down on your head and use trimmers to cut everything under it. it's coming back in fashion

----------------

Watson Your Back, Holmes

these guys are awful btw

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
in the military, after they give you a buzzcut, they make you wear a military grade bowl at all times so your hair won't grow back. times are lean, and they have become popular in head butting contests, like rams, or pneumatic presses

----------------

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Start by showing off how unafraid of trying new things you are to your cool new friends and start lining up trick shots and go for it man

Like throw the ball across 3 lanes diagonally to snooker another bowling ball into getting a strike

Or spin the ball on your finger like basketball

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if you get the ball in just at the edge of the gutter without actually going in the gutter, you'll get a MULTIBALL event and it makes bowling easier

----------------

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
wipe your hands on your jeans before your pick up your ball so it doesn't slip out of your hands backward.

Watson Your Back, Holmes

wow yall are so helpful all this advice is so thanks

Watson Your Back, Holmes

Byob stands for bring your own ball right??

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
no it stands for byob. it's a recursive anagram

----------------

the unabonger
make sure to let go of the ball. theres a very high possibility of you flying through the wall of the bowling alley if you try and roll it and forget to let go

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Watson Your Back, Holmes posted:

Byob stands for bring your own ball right??

close. be your own ball

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i flunked out posted:

make sure to let go of the ball. theres a very high possibility of you flying through the wall of the bowling alley if you try and roll it and forget to let go

----------------

Hello Meow
dont enrage the pins or else they'll throw the ball back at you and you'll be evicted from the bowling alley for upsetting the pins

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if you throw the ball with enough force to shatter the pins, you get to own the bowling alley. that's why they're steel and glued together these days

----------------

Marxism
Make sure you Lube up your fingers before you stick them in the holes. If you let go at the wrong time with unlubed fingers you fingers will go flying off in a spray of blood, this is known as a "Flying Tina Fey" and is considered to be a mistake for amateurs but a cunning tactic for Pro's.

Mapparu

throw ball at your opponents and say sorry for your bad aim. eventually knocking out all for competition you'll win.

Hello Meow
if you're strong enough to throw the bowling ball like a baseball it still counts as a bowl

Hello Meow
Serious bowling tip: Don't bowl sober, and don't bowl with a group smaller than 4 people.

Lil Cunty

get matching shirts made with your team name on the back

God will do the rest

ty crap

ty landy

ron color
focus on your approach, how you transfer momentum into a good roll is gonna make the biggest difference. do a couple of practice strides until you get the one that feels right. make a big deal about it if anyone talks while youre practicing

ron color
how was bowling

Watson Your Back, Holmes

Smythe is bad, Alan Smithee is p bad, KirbyKahn not bad but not good and I'm winning obvs from all the advice

yoober

here's some good advice do not wear a bowling shirt ever
if it looks like it may have been used as costume in two and a half men: don't wear it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Take the rock to the hole, op

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You will see most people throwing the ball in an amateur under-handed fashion. Do not comply and follow suit, instead bowl over-handed. This will give you a decisive edge over your opponents, allowing you to bowl harder, bowl better, and bowl longer than everyone around you. Sexy people will follow you around like you are a rock star and you will receive lucrative endorsement contracts from the biggest names in the bowling industry! Good luck, and try not to Munson it all up

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

thewireguy
Two in the pink, one in the stink. (Poop is lube like pine tar on baseballs)

thewireguy
Okay, serious post. I don't have the curving throws down, which I heard you only use two fingers for, and do weird twisty poo poo, but all I try for is to go straight, and I just lift my arm like I am going for a handshake and let loose and it pretty much goes where I aim.

Piso Mojado

Qwerinty posted:

if you get the ball in just at the edge of the gutter without actually going in the gutter, you'll get a MULTIBALL event and it makes bowling easier

lol

Pedantra

by Lowtax
as the child of a bowling alley owner the thought of people disobeying the rules of bowling in destructive & unsafe ways always makes me cringe

----------------

thewireguy
I always sign up for an extra person and use that turn to do stupid stuff like going left handed or doing a spin before I throw it. I also gently caress around with darts, 3 at a time, like a baseball from far away. Just have fun dude. :)

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

gently caress it dude let's go bowling

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
Don't gently caress with the jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

thewireguy posted:

I always sign up for an extra person and use that turn to do stupid stuff like going left handed or doing a spin before I throw it. I also gently caress around with darts, 3 at a time, like a baseball from far away. Just have fun dude. :)

trick shot: roll a ball down the lane as fast as you can, then throw a dart in each of the holes without missing before it gets to the pins. it's the only possible way to get a perfect score

----------------

• Locked thread