Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

This thread basically exists in lieu of an IRC channel.

which, considering #gattai exists and has for years is kind of funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Roy in Smash 4 is Good, Fun, and Powerful, and I am sad he is not allowed at EVO.
Wait what? gently caress that poo poo Roy's our boy.

Speaking of Smash 4 at least seems to have some of its poo poo together because even though the game's 20x slower than melee it plays with 2 stocks and 5 minute games.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Twiddy posted:

Wait what? gently caress that poo poo Roy's our boy.

Speaking of Smash 4 at least seems to have some of its poo poo together because even though the game's 20x slower than melee it plays with 2 stocks and 5 minute games.

Roy, Ryu, and Lucas are banned due to only being out for a month

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TheKingofSprings posted:

which, considering #gattai exists and has for years is kind of funny

I thought that was just where adtrw's banned pedos hung out.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Boom x 3 still posts here, actually.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

This thread basically exists in lieu of an IRC channel.

okay yeah that makes sense

Need to step up my emptyquote game, so I too can become powerful.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Smash is AIDS, the real poo poo is the motherfreaking Ultra Street Fighter IV and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- streams! Ftw!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Boom x 3 still posts here, actually.

Owned

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dmboogie posted:

Need to step up my emptyquote game, so I too can become powerful.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I have thus regained my position of having the most posts in this thread and it is safe for me to go to sleep.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

gratz

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thank you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Smash is AIDS, the real poo poo is the motherfreaking Ultra Street Fighter IV and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- streams! Ftw!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Hell yeah! Win Man has my back.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am trying to think of a good 26 episode series to watch throughout the upcoming Fall semester. Stuck between goin' old school (been a while since I've watched Outlaw Star) or finding a newer show I just haven't found time for.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Melee's actually a good game, I have no idea why the creators didn't just try to improve that engine and actually balance out the characters.

Well I know why, but I can still find it a dumb decision.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Shinjobi posted:

I am trying to think of a good 26 episode series to watch throughout the upcoming Fall semester. Stuck between goin' old school (been a while since I've watched Outlaw Star) or finding a newer show I just haven't found time for.

Outlaw Star. It's one of the best shows I've ever watched, period. Plus, Aisha is so cute! :3:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a dead channel the majority of the time, nobody posts.

Someone make a new anime irc

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

If you haven't watched Ouran High School you should watch that. I'm surprised by how much I like it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

WickedHate posted:

Outlaw Star. It's one of the best shows I've ever watched, period. Plus, Aisha is so cute! :3:

I could never get past the ships growing arms and punching each other.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

who let the imp mod out of imp zone

he's getting his troll all over this chat

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

That's the best part.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Maybe I should re watch the Dio fight

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh yeah, Ouran is also really, really good, that's a great choice too.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's badass. :kamina:

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

If you haven't watched Ouran High School you should watch that. I'm surprised by how much I like it.
Looking back on it now that show was actually my first step into engulfing a fuckload of romance manga and anime. Gotta pay it respect.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

That's the best part.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

:stare: maybe I should watch that instead of Ping Pong.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's a dead channel the majority of the time, nobody posts.

Someone make a new anime irc

Endorph did like an hour ago, you're posting in it

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

:stare: maybe I should watch that instead of Ping Pong.
Watch both.

Unless we're just talking order. In which case uh.... Ping Pong first?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ping Pong confirmed prequel sequel to Outlaw Star.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Seafood posted:

Ping Pong confirmed prequel sequel to Outlaw Star.

Greatest franchise in anime history if true

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Twiddy posted:

Watch both.

Unless we're just talking order. In which case uh.... Ping Pong first?

I'm watching one more series and then jumping into LoGH since I should be able to finish it before my fall classes start.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i'm listening to zorak's anime podcast and i don't actually think zorak likes anime at all. like the other guy he's with who presumably didn't mod an anime forum for years is a shitload more positive than he is, and he's still pretty neutral

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Makes me fear for the Beef Chief's ani-love.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The zorkast should've been called the dorkast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

littleorv posted:

I'm watching one more series and then jumping into LoGH since I should be able to finish it before my fall classes start.

Buy the Blu-Ray

icantfindaname posted:

i'm listening to zorak's anime podcast and i don't actually think zorak likes anime at all. like the other guy he's with who presumably didn't mod an anime forum for years is a shitload more positive than he is, and he's still pretty neutral

Zorak got really jaded about anime afaik, one look at his old avatars https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Zorak should say he unironically enjoyed anime at one point (guess which one of the two his waifu was)

• Locked thread