Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am trying to think of a good 26 episode series to watch throughout the upcoming Fall semester. Stuck between goin' old school (been a while since I've watched Outlaw Star) or finding a newer show I just haven't found time for.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bad Seafood posted:

Ping Pong confirmed prequel sequel to Outlaw Star.

Greatest franchise in anime history if true

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A/C busted on a hot Texas day in July.

Gonna try to watch some anime. Probably naked. Hope I don't pop a boner.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

I also hope your boner doesn't burst

I must be cautious in my anime choice, then.

Prison School....is too risky.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

missing the ring

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Chief posted:

Ant-Man was really good

:agreed:

It was goofy and fun in all the right ways.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Devil Tesla posted:

Taichi is doomed

Tenchi is not tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

dogsicle posted:

G Gundam is has great music

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

like seriously i know we're all having a good time here but etrian odyssey owns and has tons of interesting mechanical interactions

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

At least half of why I love Big O is that it's just anime Batman the Animated Series with a giant robot and a robot maid.

no it's not holy crap were you even watching

R D

R DOROTHY

Don't loving forget the tomatoes, or the Big Fau, or the...foreigners, and the angel....stage....thing....

Look Big O was great okay and it was not Batman in any way shape or form.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Namtab posted:

I encourage you all to find your own ava gimmick

On the other hand, an avy of that style outing members as ADTRW posters would be kinda cool.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sometimes I wonder what would be worse: more American attempts at live action anime (Dragonball Evolution, however Ghost in the Shell/Akira/Battle Angel Alita turn out), or the slurry of young adult novels-turned movie franchise.

It's a tough choice to make, since DB Evolution had some hilariously horrible moments (RIP Asian redneck Yamcha)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

I think it is time to get back to watching Michiko and Hatchin.

This is a good choice.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Motto posted:

The Tom Cruise anime movie was pretty good (actually a novel/manga but whatever).

Good point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

I'm still bitter about Persona Q

I enjoy Etrian Odyssey AND Persona 4 but I didn't bother with Persona Q. I've heard it improves some of the formulas involved with both series, but man...just didn't care for a non-canon fanwank romp between Persona 3 & 4.

boom boom boom posted:

bullshit, All You Need is Kill was a novel. The Ring wasn't an anime movie either

It's close enough dammit.:qq:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Strange Quark posted:

It being canon or not shouldn't influence your decision to play a game, but it was actually canon.

You're fibbing. You've gotta be.

:siren:IN OTHER NEWS:siren:

I think I have found the holy grail of anime. Or an instrument of the apocalypse. Maybe both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG-EDFZO2v4&index=1&list=PLqdvPCulnMlr-Nba7mZITmMlpMzPsrbde

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You fuckers better watch that horrible yoyo anime I linked last page.

Learn the power of the Russell sleeper, defying the friction caused by its wooden axle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm watching it

I hope Shinichi becomes a master spinner

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tales of Graces F was fun as hell, and despite how unimaginative the story was I really miss the hijinks of its cast.

Xillia just couldn't strike the same tone for me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Also I really can't wait any longer for the new Lupin III show. I'm dyin over here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also, Graces f has Pascal and Sophie, whereas the other games decidedly do not.

Fukkin Pascal, man. What a hoot. And a holler.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pascal is the best.

She is also dense so I hope Hubert's feeling reach her someday.

:agreed: friend, :agreed:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nero was awesome and my greatest regret is that she was saddled with being another Saber look-alike.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

Yeah I've boxed off and on for 5 or so years now. I have some amateur fights though my record is not too great. My old gloves were very flat and were starting to hurt my hands.

dempsey roll and shonen spirit you loving nub

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Davincie posted:

everyone in this picture is at least 19 years old

Don't remind me. 2nd season was baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nate RFB posted:

March Comes in like a Lion is also by the H&C author and it's way better. That's less of an indictment of H&C than it is a recommendation for Lion, though.

I will take this under advisement. I wanted to like H&C a lot more than I did.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoubleDonut posted:

I decided to re-read Onani Master Kurosawa today. I really wish that would get licensed somehow so that I could easily own a physical copy of it.

Also that manga's nearly ten years old now what the gently caress

2006ish???? Really???

:stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It's odd to be giving gifts out on your birthday, but happy birthday anyway. Video easily earns this thread another 5. Even if I can only really give one.

Seriously though, give me the new Lupin III already Japan. Just me. I won't leak it, I promise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Same. Me eating ramen was pretty hilarious, since I've been a pretty picky eater most of my life. I got into a month-long study abroad trip to Japan last June, and the very first day I ended up going to a ramen shop with friends, shrugging and just eating. My family was shocked when the photos reached Facebook. Nearly gave my sister an aneurysm when she discovered I ate sea urchin, too. I mean, I was drunk when it happened but it wasn't bad!

My hankerin' for Japanese food has only grown in the past year...and I don't think there's much my broke rear end can do about it.:smith::hf::japan:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

Not my video. It's .jpg's of course.

Oh I know, but I'd never have found it without your generosity.:tipshat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

just surreal

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Endorph posted:

honestly ADTRW's pretty good about that looking back. there's a few clunkers each year (ramen fighter miki???) but for the most part all the anime are pretty memorable.

Ramen Fighter Miki was okay, but it getting made at all is kinda weird in hindsight.

Nifty OP, tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

K. Flaps posted:

Slightly crazed facial expression avatar crew represent.

Sorry guys, just mopey looking athlete avatar here.:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Can't believe I've never seen Laputa before. Fixing that tonight.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In return for my girlfriend getting me to finally watch Castle in the Sky, I am forcing her to watch Castle of Cagliostro. I hope this castle exchange gets her to take an interest in Lupin III because then we'll have more anime stuff to talk about.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I like Juri because I have brain problems

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sakura is cool too, but that's just cause I'm always rooting her on.:unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

This takes me back. Can't decide what was better: this parody or that first viewing of Higurashi. God drat that show was weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Before my laptop succumbs to Windows 10's charms, I want you all to know that Naruto: The Last was a weird loving movie that would have been better served being a 5 minute confession scene between Hinata and Naruto.

The bad guy covers himself in eyes in space though, so that was memorable.

• Locked thread