Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBHwTM3sRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pYMxXcx-fY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM98Wx9eG_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUlbySnrIxc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cq1ZISOX6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Gonna link more Konami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBPEJPO22pU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6c62308nGM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlBu2H9OfY

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
One more just so I have some Genesis representation in my list of shmups/shooters that was my childhood. Probably played this more than the rest combined anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIf46GaI7Qo

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

chumbler posted:

Do they have rules this time that will make each round not last half an hour? Like whatever on the whole "Is smash a real fighting game" thing, but good lord do their rule choices make it an absolute slog to watch.

Still probably better than Marvel, though.

I'm surprised they don't put it on a timer. Though I guess you don't need a timer for one-on-one matches.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Bad Seafood posted:

While it's somewhat of a rote subject, I'd actually be interested to know what everyone in the thread's favorite anime are.

Let's go with our top ten for maximum clickbait points. Order doesn't matter unless you want it to.

Let's see,

FLCL
Kyousougiga
Baccano
Steins;gate
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Tatami Galaxy
Gurren Lagann
Outlaw Star
Ghost in a Shell Stand Alone Complex
Princess Tutu

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dude789 posted:

Does Gintama stay goofy the whole way through or are there later arcs where it gets a bit more serious?

It has its serious arcs yeah. Some that even start off from a pretty goofy point, and then suddenly serious drama.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Speaking of MyAnimelist, they just got bought out by Dena of all companies. They're the mobile gaming company that Nintendo is teaming up with, and did FF record keeper.

EDIT: Well they also did the manga box app so not completely outta the blue.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 19, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Well, this basically woke me up from my nap.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

wait, there was a ps2 port of 6? i never realized

Never underestimate Koei to make a downgraded port that somehow has more characters/movesets. They made a PS2 version of the first DW Gundam too that never was released in the west, as well as a PSP version of DW7.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I never finished most of my Snes and Genesis library because I was bad at games and they were all hard. Also my Sonic 3 battery died so it never saved, which wouldn't matter much considering I got stuck on the barrel like everyone else. I was very consistent in getting to the 2 or 3rd to last level of a lot of games before finally running outta lives. Except Gunstar Heroes, which I actually beat multiple times, but it's not that hard of a game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Who cares about getting to the last level though, stage 4 of Contra 3 was awesome!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The Capcom Disney games were all fairly balanced though. Course it's Disney, but I actually saw the endings to those. It's a drat shame we didn't get Mickey and Donald 3 though, though at least it eventually came to GBA over here.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
the deus ex meme

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The only dancing Miho I know is from Girls Und Panzer and I haven't actually finished that.

Why is ADTRW so obsessed with her.

dotjpg is very powerful

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I tried reading it because a friend recommended it to me but I felt so goddamn uncomfortable reading it that I couldn't.

I mean, the same friend had recommended Steins;Gate to me so I'm sure that manga must be engaging but I just can't bring myself to read stuff that'll make me cringe.

Try Molester Man instead. That's a bit more palatable and both are by the same writer.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Phobophilia posted:

Ah yes, Masturbation Master Kurosawa and Molestor Man, classic examples of japanese manga.

They really are! :v:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It helps to know that Molestor Man is basically a variation of the Densha Otoko story, and the title is basically him getting mistaken for a molester in chapter one which gets resolved within the same chapter.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, I still need to finish Utena. I got 5 episodes into that and 3 into Gainer, and then I got distracted by a lot of things after that. At least I'm almost done with Zeta Gundam.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

It's about drat time someone has the courage to take Inuyasha down a peg.

I thought everyone already knew this? Well, my little sister knew everything about the show so it was just one of those things I felt the need to tease her about all the time.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I just realized one of my GetAmped skins is that chick from Chu2 S2.

How did Chu2 S2 ever end up anyways? I remember people talking about it a while in the beginning but then it sorta dried up halfway through.

It wasn't very good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

What is that thread in question? Sounds interesting.

Has KyoAni ever made something that was a hit with goons after Nichijou?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3698358

Also yeah, Sound Euphonium is good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Nichijou

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

I'm gonna be the Mori Clan this time, because I've never played them before.

They are red and have many nice boats, which is historically accurate.

My opinion of the Mori Clan is that they're boring. This opinion only comes from Samurai Warriors though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Srice posted:

I got DQV, but my little detour cost me a lot of time since the cops closed the highway and there were hella backups.

But it was closed due to big crashes, so instead of getting mad at taking 90 minutes to get home from work I'm just gonna imagine that I dodged a bullet, instead.

I did something similar a couple of years back, only with 999. And instead of cops closing in the highway, it was just going into Los Angeles in general.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

most popular: nico, maki

least popular: honoka

Good

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Endorph posted:

*raises hands to give energy to the stop posting bomb*

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Knorth posted:

Wow, Porco Rosso was really funny and cute. People don't seem to mention it as much when they talk about Ghibli but it's really enjoyable

It's the underrated good one outta Miyazaki's movies I feel like.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Considering I started with Wing like most people who watched Toonami, I feel like I like the idea of Gundam more than the actual execution most of the time. Well, Build Fighters has led me to embrace building gunpla anyways so it's all moot as long as there are more cool robots being made. As long as we can avoid Age-level travesties, I'm pretty content with cool beam sword fights and war drama.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Lot of witches in this thread. I am glad.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

WickedHate posted:

I didn't post witches but that's because I myself am a witch.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

dogsicle posted:

dqv is kind of a heavy game :(
going to quit for the night since i got the wagon

DQV protagonist had a hard life. DQV being like that is probably why I like it so much.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, I just completely slept through buster/old people/friendship chat.

Incidentally I've been having curry the last few days. Vietnamese curry to be specific.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Video games are cool. I keep going back to Musou and Harvest Moon though, so I don't have much to post about other than man, I'm really goddamn rich from all this golden flax and pots I'm making, and Nene is cool ninja chick. Though really the whole Toyotomi clan is pretty cool, except maybe Mitsunari, though that's mostly me not being a fan of fan-movesets.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The tone whiplash in that one always threw me off, which I guess was the point. Was not a big fan of it anyways.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, that and the whole fellow girl cadet getting shot right off the bat in the prologue should have tipped me off how that VN would play out.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

i am going to combine my quest to watch every anim with a new quest to play every eroge

Don't do it. You still have a long life to live with so much potential.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

Every non yaoi eroge

Allarion posted:

Don't do it. You still have a long life to live with so much potential.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

I changed my mind I don't want to be responsible for a VN megathread

A good decision.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I've also been playing Way of the Samurai 4. I got boiled alive, and then I murdered my clone from a previous timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blockhouse posted:

reading all this astro boy makes me want to watch the 2003 show but 50 episodes is a lot to commit to

Play the GBA game since it's basically a love letter to Astro Boy and Tezuka.

• Locked thread