Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

next person to post a youtube gets destroyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chumbler is going to murdered.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

anime board game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

is pop up pirate a board game

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Nope. That's just the way the Champloo universe works.

If by expanded you mean 'is there an entire episode about dueling graffiti ninja clans?' then yes, it is very much expanded.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

There's always weed.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Madcat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Vulture.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

all the clan names are dumb, much like the clans.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Theres only one line of battlemech worth talking about anyways.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mead was asked by Tomino specifically to do the Turn A design and was a fan of gundam to begin with, he had done art of it before.

It's actually cool because to come up wioth the sumo which is his original draft for the turn a he took turns sketching and deconstructing the main iconic gundams of the universal century and taking notes on all of them before coming up with his version.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

buster machine #7 appearing for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFppdq6vEPg

the buster beam is the dopest poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

diebuster rules so much...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

greyhound dogs are little horses

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I'm reading Bakuman again, but this time I'm being smart by skipping all the retarder romance between the main couple.

K flaps you should read a different comic instead like

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should read shiori experience

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should read ad astra - scipio and hannibal

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should read takemitsu zamurai

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should read keyman, that just updated today

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

I'm up to date on both shiori experience and scipio and hannibal... but I'm going to read takemitsu zamurai next time I read manga.

hooray!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should read Snow Ridge, Sword Dance by the author of parayte

its a really cool and short couple of vignettes about sengoku era japan from the perspectives of a man working in a daimyos court and a woman who seeks a swordmaster to let her get personal revenge

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

keymans in an odd place now cause it feels like it ended, it feels like its in the ending phase, but its not ended yet and i dont know where the author is planning on going with it

i dont think it can go much farther unless something drastic happens like a new time and a new place is established

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

you should also read takeochan cause i like it a lot

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the master of the house in takeo chan became ghost rider, in the newest chapter

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mark Hamill is Kamille Bidan in.... GUNDAM ZETA!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nope

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thucydides.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

For real though it is pretty good.

Link's Awakening is my favorite.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyH0-u70fbc

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

:D

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

also there's a fuckton of ww2 games, but there's never really been a game interested in actually focusing in on the ww2-setting and time period and delivering any sort of experience of that, it's mostly just a paint job for the cyberdemons.

Every WW2 game ends up being an action movie when what I really would like to see is The Steel Helmet or Come and See

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Company of Heroes 2 started out with the intention of being an exploration of the eastern front and ended up stealing all its set pieces from enemy at the gates in a laughable way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

this video is really funny to me because at one point the dude says like "Can you hear that Relic? That's the sound of Goebbels applauding you from HELL!' and I think that's still my favorite sentence from a youtube personality ever.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

I'd really like a game that just happens to take place during WW2, but is completely unrelated to it. The first two shadow hearts games are super cool because they take place parallel to world war 1, with the events of the war influencing the plot a bit but the characters only briefly interacting with it. in the second game you fight the japanese army for a bit, but that's the extent of it. i was hoping from the new world would be like that for WW2 but instead you get an american ninja who attacks with fish bones.

I think a good way to go about also would having characters be touched by the war in their past, either through direct participation or the civilian experience growing up, with their experiences in it shaping their outlook on life in the present day the game is set in, with those formative times still being experienced or relayed to the player.

I also think that is entirely too complicated for modern videogame storytelling to achieve with any depth or subtlety.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 20, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

eh, people make posts like that all the time but honestly plenty of games have done an okay job showing that sort of thing. a story doesn't have to be a totally comprehensive indepth look at something to handle it well, it just needs to use that element effectively. shadow hearts 2 is a game about punching god in the face and making it with a hot japanese MILF, but it still does a pretty good job showing the pain of someone who's lost someone close to them: not constant crying or 'i'm sad,' but a sort of casual apathy that makes it hard for them to enjoy their life even when they know they should.

shadow hearts is a good series y'all.

The new Wolfenstein is a cool character study of what the fps war hero would probably be like to have lived through everything that is ascribed to them, BJ shows a really fatalist outlook on life with a tiny spark of hope driving him forward and even repeats a breathing mantra in his own head to keep himself going several times in the campaign.

I just remember a lot of people and reviewers complaining about that aspect of it because it was too cheesy when I was pretty surprised how far down they went.

The intro to that game is also just the coolest way I think I've seen a timeskip framed in media.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

everybody should play wolfenstein if you look shootmans cause I think its the bees knees

also a really cool soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUINujrrwY

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

in japanese shooter games that had a lot of heart that was ignored anyways theres also binary domain, which is really cool

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Binary Domain is pretty much the only good third person shooter released in the last few years.

its that and vanquish, coincidence??

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

vanquish doesnt really have a lot of heart though, its just a cool fun to play game

which is also nice to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

And splatoon

im starting to notice a pattern here

• Locked thread