Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The single contribution level is pretty impressive but the thread having over 19,000 posts is kinda blowing my mind. If it had stayed open for another day or two it could have beaten the Dragonball thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

Good luck, with the job.

May you secure a position that allows for much anime posting.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I finally put the CR manga app on my phone; is there stuff that only shows up on the app or am I just noticing things because the format is different? I don't remember seeing another single dad manga in addition to the new one but there it is (I'm gonna read it too).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

what is it called

Father and Son

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I will read this.

:hf:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i can see it on the site

I think this:

Cake Attack posted:

I think the app orders them different so you'll notice things that formerly faded into the background
is probably the case.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Darn I have to stop reading manga and actually do a little bit of work today.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want to read more single dad cooking manga but am tired of squinting at it on my phone and the website reader sucks all the joy out of reading it. Kinda wishing I still had that lovely tablet I swiped from work; it wasn't good for anything except comics but it was great for comics.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've already read all of Cooking Papa that's translated :(

Sweetness & Lighting is what I'm reading on CR right now and it's adorable :3:

but ugggghhhh CR's reader

I'm also waiting for the new volume of What Did You Eat Yesterday? to arrive, I hope it shows up soon and doesn't get rained on.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 18, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Chief posted:

Ant-Man was really good

Was it? I thought about going today but went to the grocery store instead :v:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

chihayafuru

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone kissing sounds like a pretty good plot for the third season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
They go for the same card and whoops first kiss, so much blushing! :kimchi:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Porky x Desktomu OTP

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm really bad at picking favorites because my list turns over pretty quickly, but here are some shows that I really liked a lot and watched more than once and/or could watch again right now:
House of Five Leaves
Mononoke
Samurai Champloo
Hozuki no Reitetsu
Mushishi
Chihayafuru

I think GANGSTA. and Gatchaman Crowds are going to end up on there by the end of this season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tetsugaku Letra is so good. I wish it was licensed so I could buy it, but until then I wish the scans came out a little faster. It got an update today though!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

i'm glad other people read Tetsugaku Letra. with how slow scans can be it always seemed super lowkey to me

maybe i should read the manga threads more often

I think I've only ever seen one other person post about it. It was possibly you!

I think they were still working on Volume 3 when I picked it up, feels like it's taken forever to get this far.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

It's a good hole

Th-this is my hole! It was made for me!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

it sucks that all the good new anime airs later in the week, i want something to look forward to on Mon/Tues

Monday show:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know what ASMR is :confused:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

merry is cute but i'm waiting for some of the other guys that presumably get their own episodes. even so it's still a weird short, when i'd probably enjoy some generic bl show with the same characters more. :shrug:

e: like the fake interaction with the viewer isn't good. i have lots of thoughts on the lonely female otaku show.

I do wish they'd put out some new BL shows instead of weird pillow boys and more Junjou Romantica.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I liked Love Stage but it was pretty rapey. I've never liked Junjou Romantica but the spinoff wasn't quite as bad (remembering from the manga, still haven't watched much of the show). Edit: wait I think that one had a really REALLY rapey couple that the scan group refused to translate their chapters haha. SO it only seemed like it wasn't as bad because I didn't read those chapters.

:negative:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I haven't read the manga but the anime apparently toned some stuff way down and there were other scenes where Izumi gets assaulted but I don't remember what all they were, it's been a while since I looked at anything about it. Non-rapey BL exists, really don't understand why the same old lovely tropes keep getting trotted out (I do actually; lots of people who read/watch it are also lovely people and like it).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Watching some Sidonia S2 today.

Tsumugi :ohdear:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Triggerhappypilot posted:

edit: guy on the right just wants to be an idol, doesn't he

Those are some photogenic terrorists.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
the pigeon...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

GorfZaplen posted:

I think it's really hosed up that Toki is last on the poll.

:agreed:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Being a gainfully employed adult, I purchase my anime & manga when possible instead of pirating it like I used to as a student but gently caress paying $50 for a DVD.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

yup.

I guess that could work but someone told me rips look terrible on a TV. My PC has a bluray player so that could work.

I try to watch what I can on Hulu/Netflix or somewhere else that legally streams anime with commercials.

:confused:
I don't have a monitor at all, my computer is hooked up to my TV so I use a keyboard from the couch like an old person with WebTV. I've never had any problems watching streams or rips.

And yeah I do the legal stream thing more than buying physical copies, most of my entertainment dollars go into paying for manga because I want more stuff to get official translations. I get digital copies when I can though because my house is enough of an otaku lair already.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 20, 2015

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chichikogusa is my favorite dad manga but it makes me cry pretty much every chapter.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ikumen After is a pretty great dad manga but the dads kiss each other so some folks might not be into that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

did they ever start updating this one again

It got an update last month! Two chapters this year so far :negative:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought about making a dad manga thread once but realized I'd just be revealing my DILF list to the public and thought better of it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can get Ikumen After directly from the scan group's site. It's on some LJ page but is easy to find by Googling.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Girl by Sahara Mizu is also very good. It's been a long time since I read it and I'm kinda thinking about reading it again.

Sweetness & Lightning and Father & Son are both on Crunchyroll so that's an easy place to start.

Cooking Papa is an awesome papa and he will teach you to cook (he isn't single though).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

forever honey, sad dad

omg I hadn't read this one :cry:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
How many years have they been on the boat because I stopped reading right before they got on.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Somebody give me a thread title.

Also I'm probably just going to copy those two posts for the OP but I'll put mangaupdates links to them at least to make it easier to find poo poo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

.jpg posted:

you're already dad

Going with this because I'm going to use the Kenshiro thread tag.

Also I haven't read the one with the alien wife but it isn't tagged as being about a dad, do they have a kid? I will put it in anyway but was just wondering. edit N/M I forgot to expand the tags and see childcare is one.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think that's fine, it's a pretty diverse list and good to have stuff on there for people who like that sort of thing. Also I forgot to expand the tags when I was looking before and it does have one for childcare so good enough!

behold, a thread

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 21, 2015

• Locked thread