Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Srice
Sep 11, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

for real though the anncast is a very good anime podcast

Yah my experience in the wild world that is listening to anime podcasts is if the hosts have a job or sidejob that is anime related, it has a good chance of making them way more tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Podcasting is fun but co-host chemistry is vital to the experience.

More vital even than actually knowing what you're talking about.

Yeah absolutely.

Being funny is also a plus and can really substitute for the lack of knowledge, but I have listened to way too many podcasts where the hosts think they're much funnier than they are.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought that was just where adtrw's banned pedos hung out.

I remember when ADTRW was modless someone said that people should go in there instead of making a chat thread, and Dick Spacious went in there and they hate him so much he was immediately banned.

I'm going to guess that besides being a haven for banned pedos, it's probably full of weirdos that go through ADTRW to find posters to bitch about because that is what happens to every irc channel for a forum.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Why does D_T not post in ADTRW, that dude is awesome

I am p sure I have seen him post in the Monster Musume thread, because of course he would

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

a kitten posted:

zac hates everything

I listen to it regularly and heck, that's a huge exaggeration.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

It's because Ive done absolutely nothing at work all day except post from my phone for the past 1.5 months.

Work phone posting ftw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

I'm phone posting before my job orientation rn

Good luck, with the job.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's off to a good start so far, with a dude brutally slaying a 10 year old in Street Fighter combat.

Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Someday I will try to really bite into fighting game stuffs.

Maybe with the upcoming Street Fighter 5

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I hope everyone at/watching EVO has a good time.

As for me, I am getting hyped for The International.

esports, they're neat I guess.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I do a bit of Dota gambling so I am so ready to lose my hats later this month!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh Snapalope posted:

Honestly I'm hoping for both MVP to make it to the main event. Second wild card, I would say CDEC probably will take it.

That would be p cool.

This year is looking good, even the wildcard matches are gonna be fun. I'm expecting a lot of surprises and all sort of neat secret plans that will then dominate the meta until the next patch :v:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

I came in to sign papers for half an hour and am getting paid for four hours of work and phone posting

God bless America

Orientations are the best.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Bro, MOBAs are pure-strain AIDS.

I've been playing them since the Dota 1 days so I'm afraid I can't be cured.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh Snapalope posted:

Apparently a lot of teams were "saving starts" for TI during the previous few LANs. TI never fails to disappoint in terms of new picks and strats; Remember the TI 4 hot picks suddenly came out of nowhere and just smashed face.

Yah.

I just hope this year's finals aren't as lame, but I feel confident that we'll get something way more hype than a wet fart this time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I'm praying for you Srice.

ty friends

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I don't like Mobas and never played one because I know I'd suck at em.

Lots of people only play bot matches and nothing else.

I have a friend of a friend who does that and he doesn't want to just join in and play with us since he thinks I would yell at him or something :smith:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wouldn't! He barely knows me but my friend has told him over and over that I would not but it's not assuring enough or something.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am exhausted as heck right now, but a portion of it is my own fault.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

They wont stop talking about GunxSword in the Gundam thread

Good

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

I got infected by brain AIDS so now I think kancolle is good

*Slowly loads Tec-9*

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I haven't seen it but since the manga is really popular I can't imagine they don't want a season 2 sometime.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

My favorite bad Seiji Kishi moment is when I watched a few episodes of the Dangan Ronpa anime and he decided that the anime should show game menu stuff while collecting evidence *and* during the trial.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I only ever watched a few episodes of Kill La Kill, and remembering that usually reminds me of the bizarre experience of being accused of being a Kill La Kill defender by a crazy Gundam person.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

the wildest rear end posted:

unfortunately, i know thats a lie...

If someone has archives they should dig up the Nichijou thread.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I remember the first page had some people being all UGH THIS MOE poo poo IS THE WORST THING I'VE EVER SEEN, I COULDN'T LAST FIVE MINUTES and such

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It aired at a time when a lot of people in ADTRW were terrified of women.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

so, any time in the past ten years?

Oh ho ho

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

littleorv posted:

ADTRW is good imo

Oh gently caress it's Ganandorf.

Yah

If I didn't like the place I wouldn't post a lot in it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

lol what the gently caress nichijou is the least moe thing kyoani has ever made

The people that get insanely mad over anything they consider moe don't consider that, all they see is a show featuring schoolgirls.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dude789 posted:

Chihayafuru.

It's obscure enough that people who can't stand anime won't have heard of it, and that people who can suitably appreciate anime think it is good.

It has the huge advantage of being a sport anime about something a lot of people wouldn't call a sport, tho I'm sure someone out there has some hate.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dude789 posted:

Time to ask the hard questions.

Would the anime forum rather see a third season of Chihayafuru, or Mushi-Shi?

Chihayafuru, easily.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mushishi is good, but the episodic nature means that I am more invested in seeing more of Chihayafuru, though ofc the ideal is more of both.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I had a period of time where I read superhero comic stuffs and while there's some good stuff, there's a lot of poo poo and then the poo poo starts to infect the good stuff and aaaaaaaaaa

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

dogsicle posted:

Jem is anime

I'll allow it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I biked a lot and made it back home shortly before it started raining hella hard.

Now it's time to lounge around with video games and anime for most of the day.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Anime Chat Thread, it's time to address the hard questions

Like how can we get Bryan Cranston to return to anime

Bottom option.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Me last night: Okay, I haven't had the chance to watch anime for most of the week. Time to hit up a bunch of new season shows!

*Power goes out*

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Definitely one of the first things on my list, I enjoyed the first series and I'm glad to hear that season 2 is still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

• Locked thread