Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

how does Bomberman Hero have one of the best OSTs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkVTavDbJM4

This gets me so man wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I held out on redial because I was looking for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fm_z9FoR5U

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The SaGa games have good music.

I've only played Final Fantasy Legend I, but stopped because it was hilariously indecipherable, translation-wise and mechanically. Maybe I should skip to Romancing SaGa, but I hear they're all obtuse.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

The Legends game rule, in Legend I you can eat robot meat and become a Mazinger Z, and then kill God with a chainsaw.
That is rad. I should got back to that game then.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Chibi Robo was so good. Also sad.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikH3Gn4PdrI

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I might check Evo out. I recently got stupidly entranced watching a KHII speedrun for a marathon called "limit break." The world of professional play interests me. I also like how genuinely enthusiastic they get over video games.

Unrelated, but I haven't seen episode 2 of Gangsta yet because I was waiting for it to get on Crunchy Roll. I checked today, and apparently it isn't available in my region. gently caress.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

How do you get that good at fighting games? I have trouble entering in commands, let alone actually stringing them into meaningful combos. And then my thumbs get blistered.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hello ma'am, I'm here to fix your normie problem.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

And I'm going to mow you down with the edge of my blade.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

When do Kaiji and Akagi face off?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

the blue shape on the left hand

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

What if they made a comic book movie that wasn't actually based on a comic book?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I've managed to bite and claw my way back to rank A+ in Splatoon, so I decided to take a short break and pick up Smash Bros. again and try to get as good as I was when I was 12. I played as Robin, and got my rear end kicked for a while before I started to tip the scales. I'd like get good enough to do decent in For Glory, with in-air down smashes and poo poo, but man I can't wrap my head around it.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Endorph posted:

majora's mask is one of like 2 games to actually achieve a palpable atmosphere and mood
what is the other game?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Shadow Hearts is a JRPG on the PS2. It's the sequel to a game called Koudelka, which was pretty much RE1 meets a (not very good) rpg. Koudelka is like Evil Dead, where as Shadow Hearts is like Evil Dead 2, if you get what I mean. The major thing behind Shadow Hearts is the Fate Wheel, or whatever it's called. Basically, you time button presses on a spinning wheel to determine the success of an attack, and it's really satisfying. Shadow Hearts 2 also introduces a juggling mechanic of sorts, where you can keep enemies in the air and have your party members run into them. Also, the protagonist, Yuri, can transform into different monsters that give him different stats. All the characters generally have some sort of gimmick to them. Speaking of Yuri, he's a real fun protagonist. I'd describe him as Joseph Joestar meets Dante from Devil May Cry. The series has a ton of heart, great atmosphere and excellent gameplay. Also, you can collect gay trading cards for a sidequest in Shadow Hearts 2.

I mentioned atmosphere earlier, and the best way to get what I mean is, well, listen to this battle theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8rIVqZs6y4

So good.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

To expand on From The New World, it still retains some horror elements but they are largely in terms of enemy design or in certain sidequests, but the rest of the game is more or less comedy combined with a mostly uninteresting story (or rather, it's interesting for the first half maybe, then completely stops being interesting until the second to final dungeon), but FTNW has the best combat in the whole series so it is still worth playing through.
At least Dead Fingers Talk is good

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Tatsunoko fight looks real bad and slow, geez...

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Wrong link, but yeah Dead Fingers Talk is real good, and so is a lot of the music in all 4 games.

They operate on a scale of inverse horror/good gameplay. The more horror-y the series was, the less good the gameplay was, and vice versa
That happens to me way too often.

Also I just want to leave Ladder to Heaven

Oh, and if you're familiar with Chaos Wars, a game with notoriously bad voice acting, Shadow Hearts characters appear in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

Yuri is referred to by his Japanese name because :effort:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Another obscure PS2 game I recommend checking out is Skygunner.l It's sort of like the 3D movement sections of Starfox, but with different weapons that have different affects on enemies, and the ability to chain kills together. It has five playable characters, and they each play pretty differently.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I don't know why, but "hostages" reminded me of a game that everyone should know about.

Metal Wolf Chaos

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

I really wish there was a reasonable way for Americans to play Metal Wolf Chaos

Bad Seafood posted:

To this day I don't understand why that game was never brought over.
Maybe we can convince from to port it, so that true patriots can finally play the most American game ever made.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

The Devil Tesla posted:

Pretentious Hipster Irony Zone
That sounds like an anime

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Haman Karn
Bulma
Cynthia Lane
Ranka Lee
Sheryl Nome
Frau Bow
Miho Nishizumi
Saori Takebe
Yukari Akiyama
Mako Reizei
Roux Louka
Raraiya Monday
Kurisu Makise
Akiho Senomiya
Botan
Android 18
Elle Vianno
Adette Kistler
Black Rose
Eureka
Gidget
Haruhara Haruko
Asuka Langley Sohryu
Aiyanami Rei
Allenby Beardsley
Nyaruko
Milia Falyna
Mylene Jenius
Relena Peacecraft
Lady Une
Nico Robin
Nami
Lacus Clyne
Four Murasame
Lucrezia Noin
Dorothy Catalonia
Coconna
Sochie Heim
Yukimura Aoi
Melda Deitz
Dianna Soriel
Ryoko
Ayeka
Dorothy Wayneright
Milly Thompson
Meryl Strife
Shirai Kuroko
Misaka Mikoto
Girl from My Neighbor Seki-Kun
:agreed:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I just noticed labeauf's gross ponytail.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

actually it's le bidoof

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

would

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

After some deep meditation, I have concluded that Cutie Honey is art.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Elfen Lied is an aristocrats joke anime

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

lol it's 2027 in Deus Ex and weed still isn't legal!? wtf

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is there an orchestrated version of The Theme of John Cena?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Uh, how the gently caress has no one mentioned Ms. Toriumi yet

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I will probably watch episode 4 of Gangsta, not just tonight, but in a few minutes. Unless I decide to play Deus Ex instead.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I stopped watching the second Aang showed up.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

but you kept watchign after the pony
Wh- why you put a pony in??? At least Aang is bootlegged anime, what is this poo poo

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Someone I know is convinced the best way to experience P4 is through the anime and that is really disturbing.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

http://918thefan.com/2013/siege-spots-a-retrothoughtasis-of-persona-4-the-animation

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Today I have fallen from Rank A+ in Splatoon to nearly rank B+. This is just like when Kaiji was sent to hell.

絶望した! Splatoonは絶望した!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ah... purity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

When do Nico and Worick make out?

• Locked thread