Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I love how Jane's Fighting Ships was created to list the world's ships and their capabilities for wargaming purposes. It's like a Grog Monster Manual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just picked up Dreadnought. Good golly and I thought Castles of Steel was huge. :stare:

It's a great book and as a whole does a good job of showing not just the revolution in naval tech, but also the slow steady slide towards the first world war.

But I hope you like whole chapters devoted to the upbringing of obscure German foreign ministers!

Also god drat Wilhelm II was a little poo poo

• Locked thread