Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I never did an audiobook before, but I want to hear Norm read it. Will try on audible and report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sintax posted:

I never did an audiobook before, but I want to hear Norm read it. Will try on audible and report back

i have (1) credit on audible i hope norm narates teh fuceke tinggig

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
norm's got some weird vocal fry thing going on all the time now i wonder why

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
oh is it the anti-anxiety pills

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cnut the Great posted:

norm's got some weird vocal fry thing going on all the time now i wonder why

I think Norm is the only person who's vocal fry I'll gladly put up with.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh really, huh? I bet if he wasn't a cismale you'd feel differently. Typical.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I wish he would speak up

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Norm and Merchant were a bit odd. It was a good show, but I expected a bit more chemistry. Norm's long gag at the end was incredible, however.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Harveygod posted:

Very good. If only you could work in a Man Grate, it would be perfect.

man, those are great

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

Norm and Merchant were a bit odd. It was a good show, but I expected a bit more chemistry. Norm's long gag at the end was incredible, however.

I don't know what it was about it, but the whole bit where norm whispered "brexit" into adam egets ear had me in stitches

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
i've never seen extras or hello ladies, but i assume merchant was acting like he does on his shows. kind of like super dave osborne acting like funkhouser during his episode. merchant mentions listening to some of his older podcasts, even stating that all his guests have been white males save for roseanne. then he sort of snickers when norm asks him if he has ever heard of albert fish.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

WaryWarren posted:

i've never seen extras or hello ladies, but i assume merchant was acting like he does on his shows. kind of like super dave osborne acting like funkhouser during his episode. merchant mentions listening to some of his older podcasts, even stating that all his guests have been white males save for roseanne. then he sort of snickers when norm asks him if he has ever heard of albert fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ_L3b7osx4

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hello Ladies is the pinnacle of cringe comedy

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Steve can do dirty humor but all the child rape and killing the queen humor seemed to be crossing the line for him. I don't think he was offended but he wasn't willing to join in with that so it made things uncomfortable. He is mostly a straight laced guy. But he was good as a foil at least.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cnut the Great posted:

oh is it the anti-anxiety pills

Well we know it's not the oxycodone because his son's friend ate them all :anttony:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
you know it's not surprising norm doesn't drink. if you're loaded up on xanax all the time you don't need to get drunk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

WaryWarren posted:

I've listened to plenty of his radio shows and podcasts with Ricky Gervais, and I think it's fair to say Merchant is always kinda snarky and commenting on others' jokes rather than making his own jokes per se. Which is not bad when he's comfortable with his counterpart (eg Gervais), but can feel strained when paired with somebody else.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Norm's on sportscenter now talking about his book

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i liked this joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oChDQTTfIL0&t=4028s

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

norm was on Stern again too I think. is there no way to listen to loving howard stern online except the loving satellite bullshit?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Last Chance posted:

norm was on Stern again too I think. is there no way to listen to loving howard stern online except the loving satellite bullshit?

New stuff, probably not, though they do put up clips on their sound cloud account (links are posted to their site's blog, all the time).

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bought his book and stated reading it last night. Did he really get molested by a guy who lived in their farm :(

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got it on my kindle to clarify

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
maybe the child farm molestation story was a special perk for purchaing the kindle version

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yes he really got molested. You can't say "based on a true story" if it isn't true

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

canpakes posted:

I bought his book and stated reading it last night. Did he really get molested by a guy who lived in their farm :(

Yes and he got on snl by bribing Lorne with liquid morphine and syringes

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

canpakes posted:

Yes, but since he's Canadian his molester was really polite about the whole thing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Infidel Castro posted:

Yes, but since he's Canadian his molester was really polite about the whole thing.

Lured into the van with promises of poutine and canadian tire money he later became angry at himself for not holding out for a bag of milk as well.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Last Chance posted:

the pitch of the voices are altered. good luck finding norm's interview in this four hour and forty-two minute video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPv3DycmIw

edit: interview starts at 1:40:40

Ferdinand Bardamu fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 21, 2016

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

WaryWarren posted:

the pitch of the voices are altered. good luck finding norm's interview in this four hour and forty-two minute video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IPv3DycmIw

edit: interview starts at 1:40:40

Better quality: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cI61Fgm_yA

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Norm is good

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

canpakes posted:

He went into it a little bit in this interview (starts at 26 minutes): http://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/episodes/358/

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Man, that guy who molested Norm, I mean... he was a real jerk.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Ridiculous!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Episode 2 is up! It's Bill Hader.

Maybe relevant info: it's for Amazon Prime users only.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LWIPQF6?vs=1

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 24, 2016

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
FYI, it's up on YouTube now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good episode, and holy poo poo I can't wait for the Letterman one. It already sounds like a blast.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
meh episode. no jokes and the guest is a nice but painfully boring man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I enjoyed this one more for the SNL stories, and the highlighting of people you never hear about otherwise.

Maybe it wasn't the jokiest episode, but I really enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealCrunch
Jun 23, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I think I enjoyed this one more for the SNL stories, and the highlighting of people you never hear about otherwise.

Maybe it wasn't the jokiest episode, but I really enjoyed it.

I liked the Alec Baldwin story.

"You can probably just ask her"

• Locked thread