Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

m2pt5 posted:

Edit: Is it just me, or do most of the monsters in the Candy biome scream "EAT ME!" as they charge at you? That's a little creepy, man.

They don't just shout "EAT ME", if there are more than one of them, they'll fight over who gets eaten first. "EAT ME" "NO EAT ME". That's some creepy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Damone posted:

I would suggest that the Boomerang class descriptions gets changed to: Bombsbombsbombs. Bombs? Bombs! And sometimes chickens happen.

:how:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Arsonide posted:

They don't just shout "EAT ME", if there are more than one of them, they'll fight over who gets eaten first. "EAT ME" "NO EAT ME". That's some creepy stuff.

i want a serious sam biome

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I've only been playing since the Steam release, so while I've picked up a lot, I'm no expert - is there a way to get the sign recipes without buying them from the store? If not, I suppose I'll have to buy them, then.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Decided to play this game on a whim, a week later and I already got the cubits to buy three extra classes and a new flask.

Also, if I can recommend one thing to do with your Cubits first (if you didn't end up in a class you hate), is to buy a new flask. The starting one is pretty mediocre since the Elysian Jug is a direct upgrade in that it gets as many charges but refills ALL of your HP.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

Decided to play this game on a whim, a week later and I already got the cubits to buy three extra classes and a new flask.

Also, if I can recommend one thing to do with your Cubits first (if you didn't end up in a class you hate), is to buy a new flask. The starting one is pretty mediocre since the Elysian Jug is a direct upgrade in that it gets as many charges but refills ALL of your HP.

Been saving my cubits for the one that activates automatically when you are low on health, but it is like 20K cubits. I hear that turns Dracolytes into beasts when combined with the life leech pet and life leech emblem. I have the pet, and I'm already hard to kill, so I can't imagine what it'd be like to randomly get twice as much life leech and double damage in combat. Probably bad rear end.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Arsonide posted:

Been saving my cubits for the one that activates automatically when you are low on health, but it is like 20K cubits. I hear that turns Dracolytes into beasts when combined with the life leech pet and life leech emblem. I have the pet, and I'm already hard to kill, so I can't imagine what it'd be like to randomly get twice as much life leech and double damage in combat. Probably bad rear end.

That sounds like an insane combo. I haven't found anything with Life Leech for my Dracolyte yet though, what does it normally show up on?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Which class is better at destroying blocks, Boomer or Pirate? I want to be able to blast mine forever

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

The Jumpoff posted:

That sounds like an insane combo. I haven't found anything with Life Leech for my Dracolyte yet though, what does it normally show up on?

I know two of the cat pets you can get from soul cages have life leech, and I have the better of the two. (E: In the Treasure Islands category under Allies.)

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

myschef posted:

Would just like to give a heads up that this game is made by Trion. I'd be wary of spending any money in whatever cash shop they have, as they charged me for about 3 months of Archeage after I cancelled the first month. Also fishing pacts.

I'm hoping we can have some chester molester drama and guild splitters in this funny block game. Also EU and US servers both down or is my poo poo hosed? :sigh:

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

The Jumpoff posted:

The Prowling Shadow ally comes from those pirate merchants in the Treasure Isles biome - find one selling cat soul traps for 300 glim, and that will have about a 10% chance to drop a Prowling Shadow.

Berious posted:

I'm hoping we can have some chester molester drama and guild splitters in this funny block game. Also EU and US servers both down or is my poo poo hosed? :sigh:

The devs noticed the servers running hot, so they all hauled rear end into the offices on a Saturday to fix it, because they're awesome. Servers will be down briefly, but they're giving us more free poo poo.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

I know two of the cat pets you can get from soul cages have life leech, and I have the better of the two. (E: In the Treasure Islands category under Allies.)

Awesome, I'll look into that.

Question to anyone with Candy Barbarian experiece: What stats should I be looking for? I know probably HP and HP Regen, but should I be prioritizing Energy Regen or attack speed? Or some other third attribute?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, I decided to test this out today. Managed to get to level 9 before the maintenance hit, seems pretty fun, in a very simplistic way, so far.
What are some good things to aim for in the beginning? I've done the tutorial missions up until the "hit mastery level 5", which means I'm a bit free to do whatever I want at the moment.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 18, 2015

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

So, I decided to test this out today. Managed to get to level 9 before the maintenance hit, seems pretty fun, in a very simplistic way, so far.
What are some good things to aim for in the beginning? I've done the tutorial missions up until the "hit mastery level 5", which means I'm a bit free to do whatever I want at the moment.

If you haven't hit it yet, be aware there's a quest that makes you buy an item from the shop, so save the free chest for that (although it reappears daily? I think.) Though, by the time you reach that quest, you should have enough cubits to buy one of the cheaper mounts, which is faster than the mount you start with.

There's also one that makes you join a club. I thought the club beggars sounded pathetic, so I saved up and made my own club. Goonclub covers that, though.

Blast mining is totally a thing, bombs will blow away most of a vein of shapestone in one, other ores may take two or three.

You get a free pair of wings at mastery 20, and the most likely way to get some before that is by buying them from the store or winning them on a stream.

The "go to a sky realm" quest is a really advanced quest, much more than the level you're likely to get it at - you can't even use the portal before level 26, sky realm portals can only be placed in club worlds, and only used by members of that club.

Fishing is a good way to collect glim and other things; you'll get enough uncommon fish that you should always turn a decent profit, those uncommon fish drop good things like glacial shards and bottles, and rare fish deconstruct into 1000 glim and ancient scales, which are needed to craft advanced poles and boats. I like to fish in the background while doing other internet stuff, I just listen for the bloop then alt-tab and hit F quickly to reel in. Also I leave my inventory window open while doing it so the camera angle doesn't spaz out.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 18, 2015

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I had enough coins to buy a fast raptor when I got that quest thought you might want to consider saving it for another class if you end up not liking the one you started with (gunslinger :argh:)

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Some pubbie told me about a Trove mount giveaway on mmorpg.com. Just go over there and make an account and it should be fairly obvious, if they have any keys left that is. They had close to 20k day before yesterday. It gives you a cool dark purple 90% speed mount with flames and stuff.

Edit: The keys are for the Insanisteed, link. Grab one fast!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ambaire posted:

Some pubbie told me about a Trove mount giveaway on mmorpg.com. Just go over there and make an account and it should be fairly obvious, if they have any keys left that is. They had close to 20k day before yesterday. It gives you a cool dark purple 90% speed mount with flames and stuff.

Edit: The keys are for the Insanisteed, link. Grab one fast!

No keys left.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

Berious posted:

No keys left.

Yep, that and the Cursed Kami steed both ran out pretty quick. I got in on both of them, though.

Also, the Insanisteed can be crafted in the Shadow Arena, but it's expensive.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
this server downtime is very annoying, the only reason I want to play is because I can't

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Ahundredbux posted:

this server downtime is very annoying, the only reason I want to play is because I can't

There's always maintenance on my days off...
EDIT: Servers are back up!

The Jumpoff fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 18, 2015

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

The Jumpoff posted:

Awesome, I'll look into that.

Question to anyone with Candy Barbarian experiece: What stats should I be looking for? I know probably HP and HP Regen, but should I be prioritizing Energy Regen or attack speed? Or some other third attribute?

Keep in mind that I played candy barbarian when it came out and not since then. Don't go attack speed because you get a buff that gives you that from your candy. You want energy regeneration so you can consistently get your buffs hp is good and physical attack is good it's mostly a matter of weather you want to be a more support or attack class

Edit: because you have the only heal in the game that affects other heroes you're ultimate is really good

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Decided to try this out only to be told there is a queue of over 30 minutes to login. Is that normal?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Lol no. It just released on steam

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Overture posted:

Decided to try this out only to be told there is a queue of over 30 minutes to login. Is that normal?

Their servers were also on fire this morning, necessitating emergency maintenance, so they may have throttled the login que a little harder today so that things will stop exploding over the weekend.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
This game is loving adorable. My goodness.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Their servers were also on fire this morning, necessitating emergency maintenance, so they may have throttled the login que a little harder today so that things will stop exploding over the weekend.

Servers are still on fire, it seems. Just lost connection along with a healthy portion of other people.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Arsonide posted:

Servers are still on fire, it seems. Just lost connection along with a healthy portion of other people.

Yup, just crashed and burned again.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Arsonide posted:

Same, and now I just get "disconnected from auth server" :psyduck:

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Someone Awful! posted:

Same, and now I just get "disconnected from auth server" :psyduck:

Meaning the auth server is down

Bwank
Nov 12, 2007

GUYS I DON'T SEE THE BIG DEAL HERE. WHY IS EVERYONE MAKING A FUSS OVER THIS????
:derp: :derp: :derp:
Aaaaaand it's down again.

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
I was wondering when this game was going to get a thread. Game owns bones. I've already got Gunslinger, Boomeranger, Dracolyte and Pirate Captain unlocked and each one is fun.

Oh, and for anyone who doesn't know, construction mode can't break dungeon blocks (aside from glass), but bombs can. Use bombs to quick clear.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Downtime expected to be "under two hours."

Ugh.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Downtime expected to be "under two hours."

Ugh.

I actually like that about Fasti - he doesn't give two shits about delivering bad news. He's very honest about what is happening and how long it will take them to fix it. The flip side is that this honesty causes more rage within the community from people who think they know how to run a server being hammered by 100,000 players.

On the bright side, when we get back there will be a poo poo ton of fully grown bottles in the club world. :suicide:

Hahaha:

Trove Forums posted:

It could be worse. We could be waiting on Cube World.

Arsonide fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 19, 2015

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Arsonide posted:

I actually like that about Fasti - he doesn't give two shits about delivering bad news. He's very honest about what is happening and how long it will take them to fix it. The flip side is that this honesty causes more rage within the community from people who think they know how to run a server being hammered by 100,000 players.

On the bright side, when we get back there will be a poo poo ton of fully grown bottles in the club world. :suicide:

Sure, I'd rather know than not. And I can understand, they're getting crushed by way more players than they expected, and this happens with like every MMO at launch. I'm not mad at the developers, I was just having fun and want to play more!

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
How feasible is this game to play alone? I mean is it possible to get away from everyone else and do your own thing without seeing other players as you explore/kill stuff?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Arsonide posted:

Actually, that message first said "1 hour" they sneakily changed it after half an hour or so. Same for the downtime earlier today, it was constantly expanded.

Like, I know what stuff like this is to work with, but I don't think these devs are any more "honest" about it than other devs.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 19, 2015

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Underwhelmed posted:

How feasible is this game to play alone? I mean is it possible to get away from everyone else and do your own thing without seeing other players as you explore/kill stuff?

It's entirely possible to get away from players, you just need to be a bit observant. You're likely to run into players around the Origin point of the world and the surrounding dungeons, but if you go further out you'll quickly be by yourself.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Underwhelmed posted:

The only thing that requires a club is getting into the Sky Realms, and even then, someone in a club can summon you in there. It's kind of a pain in the rear end to get a summon, but it is possible. As far as not seeing other players, the adventure worlds are HUGE, so you can quite easily just run in a random direction and never run into a player, despite other players being in the world.

The entry point of each world has something called a "rally sword" that lets people teleport to you, but if you look at it and hold your use key as you enter a world, you can disable that ability, so pubbies will not be able to teleport to you. Friends and club members will still be able to though, so if you keep your friend list empty and stay out of clubs, you can hermit it up.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Underwhelmed posted:

I've only played up to level 10 but you can definitely solo 3 star dungeons that far along if you're paying attention.

Its much more fun with others though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Vadun posted:

I've only played up to level 10 but you can definitely solo 3 star dungeons that far along if you're paying attention.

Its much more fun with others though

Seconding this. I want an invite to the Goon Club so I can actually play with people who will at least attempt to stay together.

• Locked thread