Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Darke GBF posted:

Right now I'm just kind of doing whatever quests I can find and seem to be appropriate for my level. It's fun.

Yeah, if you just go smash monsters it's a good time. There's just a lot of garbage in the Hoarfrost areas (or at least used to be, they may have removed some of the quests), so people who get stuck in completionist mode have a very bad time when you suddenly there's 800 quests and most of them are a waste of time. If you tried to do every Hoarfrost Hollow quest I'm pretty sure by the time you get to Ainle you're already leveled past it.

hakimashou posted:

Is this a koreagame?

Its all animes and it has something called kraken like archeage?

Yeah, it can get kinda grindy but certainly no worse than Elite. Talking to NPCs is very anime, but the game itself runs on the Source Engine and the combat is visceral and fun to engage in. Certainly worth a download, though. Unless you need to buy special underwear or haircuts you can easily ignore the cash shop until max level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The Christmas event started today:

quote:

No sleigh bells, no reindeer, snow's on the other side of the planet and Santa's out soaking up the sun. It might be July, but that's not stopping us from holding an epic sale and event, bringing back several of our classic and retired Outfitters, massive sales on popular items and more! Check out the full details below and grab whatever you need!

The Hidden Holiday Gift Boxes are back! They're called 'Hidden' for a reason, because you can't buy them, trade them or tear them out of the bodies of your slaughtered foes. Instead, these boxes can be randomly found by destroying pieces of the environment in Season 1 and 2 Battle and Raid Missions.

You'll want to tear down everything you can to find them all, because the prizes are something special. Red, white and green Dye Ampoules, Merc Recovery Potions, Blessed Magic Elixirs, AP Capsules and more, you'll get a random item for free on opening the gift box!
There are also a few other events for people who spend real cash on the game. I'm all "whatever, nerds."

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

And the $25 Exquisite Enchant Rune is back after 3 years :v:

For everyone who hates RNG they can now save their items but not so much for $

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Couple screenshots I think sum up this week

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
God I forgot how much fun Karok can be. Killing a boss by hurling its own minions at it was the highlight of today.

So there is no active goonguild in the west?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Hahahaha jesus christ. I just found out you can get NX officially from Nexon using Dogecoin.

Also you should play on East if you can. I don't think West even finished the first ultimate objective event yet which is quite telling of their population.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 25, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have no idea what that means.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I have no idea what that means.

West server is dead. There's a boss rush event going on since a few weeks ago. You get coupons for nice items after killing a boss x times and East just cleared all of them in 3 days.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
West cleared them in about 3 days as well. Its just West goons that are dead or, like me, in other guilds instead.

Unless East doesn't reset the bosses each week and just cycles to the next one immediately or something.

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 26, 2015

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Game is saying 'You cannot create a party. You are in no condition to board.' Every time I try to make a boat. Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out, it was a red mission because I had not done the prerequisite.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jul 27, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

ShadowMoo posted:

Game is saying 'You cannot create a party. You are in no condition to board.' Every time I try to make a boat. Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out, it was a red mission because I had not done the prerequisite.
Are you on East or West? Even if you don't join a goon guild, you should tell us where you are so goons can add you to their friends list so you can be friends.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
East has cleared both event sets in a week. How far is west towards Reggie?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

ArchWizard posted:

Are you on East or West? Even if you don't join a goon guild, you should tell us where you are so goons can add you to their friends list so you can be friends.

I am on west.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Anyone on play east coast servers while from the west? Moved to the west a year ago but I got my stuff all over the eastern servers.

Wondering how the general experience is for someone playing on the other server.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Drakes posted:

Anyone on play east coast servers while from the west? Moved to the west a year ago but I got my stuff all over the eastern servers.

Wondering how the general experience is for someone playing on the other server.

I know several people who play in east from the west coast and even Australia and poo poo. I think as long as your connection is stable it's not too bad, you'll just have to learn the delay.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Which server is better to play on, east or west?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I would go on eat but I don't feel like starting over.

Anyone wants to friend me on West just look for Hardslab

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
How do you use these event cupons?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

ShadowMoo posted:

How do you use these event cupons?
Click on Event at the bottom right, then Exchange Shop.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Bakalakadaka posted:

I know several people who play in east from the west coast and even Australia and poo poo. I think as long as your connection is stable it's not too bad, you'll just have to learn the delay.

Yeah I tried some raids earlier and seemed alright, can be pretty hit/miss depending on who is hosting. I was pretty much at 3 bars/blue most of the fights.

And christ Fiona got really confusing when it came to her defensive options between the deflect and various counters with the small shield. Maybe I'll level up Vella for what seems to be simpler counter options.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

To be honest I think vella is kinda janky now adays. Her dodge is tied to backlash, which is horrible, so anytime you want to double dodge you have to try not to accidentally backlash and move the wrong direction. But otherwise she is pretty decent, and a great soloer.

Sword Lann has a cool counter now, anytime he dodges his next smash is free stamina and gets increased crit chance and damage. Lynn has a ton of really good dodges and invulns too. Spear lann dodge is actually good now, and dead simple: Whenever you push space you dodge, no roll/block/heavy stander/backlash bullshit. It's always dodge.

I'm in Texas and play on East. It's mostly to do with the Peer2Peer rather than the servers. A LOT of hosts are just horrible and shouldn't be hosting at all. Once you figure out the raids, you should host as often as you can, if you can.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 28, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

darkhand posted:

To be honest I think vella is kinda janky now adays. Her dodge is tied to backlash, which is horrible, so anytime you want to double dodge you have to try not to accidentally backlash and move the wrong direction. But otherwise she is pretty decent, and a great soloer.

Sword Lann has a cool counter now, anytime he dodges his next smash is free stamina and gets increased crit chance and damage. Lynn has a ton of really good dodges and invulns too. Spear lann dodge is actually good now, and dead simple: Whenever you push space you dodge, no roll/block/heavy stander/backlash bullshit. It's always dodge.

I'm in Texas and play on East. It's mostly to do with the Peer2Peer rather than the servers. A LOT of hosts are just horrible and shouldn't be hosting at all. Once you figure out the raids, you should host as often as you can, if you can.
Vella is a lot less janky since the mini-revamp, but the dodge->backlash chain is terrible. Cheesing a ranged boss by backlashing it to death is fun; dying because you backlashed when you didn't mean to is bullshit. Chainblade Vella has a good dodge that rarely screws you over, but Bitter Cold, the skill that's supposed to let you keep your smash chain status between dodges, is buggy and frequently eats my combos. Then there's the fact that Frostbite and Glacier Terminus will randomly get eaten by bosses and their invisible invuln frames.

For several months, Fiona was better than she's ever been. She seems more complicated than before, but the classic block->counterattack or heavy stander->heavy stander counter tricks still work most of the time. Unfortunately, with true unblockables making a comeback with season 3, she's back to being arbitrarily hamstrung by devs who forgot why true unblockables had to be nerfed in the first place.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
I think I'm just bad at reading bosses while using the small shield to figure what to block or heavy stand. The addition of deflect just throws more things into the mix for me, like really wondering when I should be using it and if I keep failing with it I may just disregard it and possibly screw myself when theres this boss where it'd be REEEALLLY handy if you knew how to use it. Then wondering what bosses I should consider taking the heavy shield on.

Right now I'm really turtling hard with a heavy shield cause I don't know what the gently caress after not playing this for about 2-3 years. Pulling out the small shield and trying to get blocks for counters has been a poor experience.

But eh my Fiona had like 25k AP from over the years when I logged back on, my Vella is 20 and still has 13k AP left.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can block 95% of the game with "perfect" small shield guards. I played through all of Season2 without touching a large shield at all. And Season3 is "easier" pattern-wise, just harder hitting.
Some stuff you can't block: The pirate red blade bullshit in the Ship Graveyard, it's a ranged attack that spins on the ground. Beokros ice crystals, they're either really hard to perfect guard or you need heavy stander, same for Siglint lightning circles.

Don't forget that shield dash has full invulnerability AND gives you slashing high. You just need more experience. I don't know where you are in progression wise, but I remember when I first did unknown area raids I thought they were impossible. Now it's like cruise control and you end up taking 0-3 hits total. Fiona takes a giant poo poo all over a ton of bosses in her own way. You're not going to be zooming across the map like lynn or arisha, but you're going to be an immovable object covered in razor wire and you have a ton of knockdown potential. Havan and Lavasat are especially fun imo.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 28, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I did some Ben Chenner tonight.

Also: I don't know why but on my last run the Wood Elf Captain exploded into a hundred copies of himself upon death.

Crisis on Infinite Elfs.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Drakes posted:

Yeah I tried some raids earlier and seemed alright, can be pretty hit/miss depending on who is hosting. I was pretty much at 3 bars/blue most of the fights.

And christ Fiona got really confusing when it came to her defensive options between the deflect and various counters with the small shield. Maybe I'll level up Vella for what seems to be simpler counter options.

As a career sword Vella, I say don't play sword Vella because she has lots of bugs and weirdness and really low damage. Fiona is much easier to counter with, and you could also try pillar Karok or Arisha for your countering needs.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Pillar Karok is hilariously awesome with the countering.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Windows 10? More like Windows Nein:

quote:

Hello all,

At this time, we recommend against installing Windows 10 as there may be unforeseen issues which could prevent you from playing Vindictus.

We have already begun extensive compatibility testing and are working diligently with our development team to introduce an update for the game that works with Windows 10. However, as with any new major software update, it may not be fully supported for at least a few weeks. If you do choose to upgrade to Windows 10, please be aware that intermittent problems may occur, including your game ceasing to launch or function properly.
Welp, so much for upgrading.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I already tried windows 10 on my laptop and couldn't play Vindictus so I had to revert it to 7 so I can DUAL BOX. But hey they have a year after it releases to make Vindictus work with it!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

you can also just reserve your windows 10 and install it once they say they've gotten it working with it.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I did something dumb yesterday I guess. I made a pretty average Regina weapon because I was tired of sitting at 17k attack. Built it pretty cheap then spent 30mil on enhancement stones and couldn't get it past +5 before running out of money :(

I had a bunch of skill reset caps so I risked my +10 arma ts and got it to +12. Pretty happy with it.

Lately I was buying infinities trying to get them close to +15. But I think the arma ts should hold over a while.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

A high enhanced 80 weapon is probably your best bet at this point unless you are loaded and can go for a full orange 90. And it's really easy to restore 80s now as well, between the lowered cost, raid ap bottoming out at 50, and the 50% VIP bonus that stacks with everything.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah I'm glad for VIP. I always hated leveling with VIP and never having ap. The Regina's look like digshit anyways.

I'm extremely jealous of how people have +15 Regina's already or even armas though.

With some enchants I should be near 20k atk. Just my small upgrade of 1k made a huge difference in Ben chennar. So that definitely breathed some more life into the game for me.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

A high enhanced 80 weapon is probably your best bet at this point unless you are loaded and can go for a full orange 90. And it's really easy to restore 80s now as well, between the lowered cost, raid ap bottoming out at 50, and the 50% VIP bonus that stacks with everything.

Basically this. +10 80 with scrolls will get you over the damage cap for the majority of the game you're going to be playing.

darkhand posted:

Yeah I'm glad for VIP. I always hated leveling with VIP and never having ap. The Regina's look like digshit anyways.

I'm extremely jealous of how people have +15 Regina's already or even armas though.

With some enchants I should be near 20k atk. Just my small upgrade of 1k made a huge difference in Ben chennar. So that definitely breathed some more life into the game for me.

TBH, unless you go all orange parts, purple regina weps generally give up a bunch of stats on 80's.

Which class do you play as again?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I play sword lann. Just running around in pirate gear with no enchants. Getting wep enchant and wb/enthu should get me like 1500 more atk, then I'll be in a pretty good spot.

Mostly working on atk first then speed/crit. Then probably balance and def.

S3 kinda widens the gap between poo poo geared and well geared lanns since crit/gliding is such a huge portion of dps. 80crit res is no joke.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 29, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Welp, so much for upgrading.

Welp, so much for Vindictus in the near future.

(Not downgrading just for this softcore grinding simulator)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

I play sword lann. Just running around in pirate gear with no enchants. Getting wep enchant and wb/enthu should get me like 1500 more atk, then I'll be in a pretty good spot.

Mostly working on atk first then speed/crit. Then probably balance and def.

S3 kinda widens the gap between poo poo geared and well geared lanns since crit/gliding is such a huge portion of dps. 80crit res is no joke.

For Sword Lann, I really think skipping reginas unless you have all orange is completely viable. Like I said, 95% of the game is still being played at s2/s1 so you don't need to switch to lovely regina stuff.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Welp, so much for Vindictus in the near future.

(Not downgrading just for this softcore grinding simulator)

Apparently the patch today has fixed Vindictus with Windows 10, and folks are reporting that all the wonky workarounds needed to get it to work previously are all unnecessary now - just launch it like normal and it works fine. In fact, people are saying the game runs even better than before, but until I upgrade to Win10 myself I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nyfrin posted:

Apparently the patch today has fixed Vindictus with Windows 10, and folks are reporting that all the wonky workarounds needed to get it to work previously are all unnecessary now - just launch it like normal and it works fine. In fact, people are saying the game runs even better than before, but until I upgrade to Win10 myself I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

If it's worth anything, I think the people who I play mabinogi with said that mabinogi works on win10 now as well, so maybe. I'm not upgrading for a couple week either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Does anyone know for sure whether shard replacements will reset the enhancement level on a piece of gear? It turns out a +10 3* full purple Regina chainblade (albeit without any enchants) is not that great compared to what I had, but I don't want to lose the enchant level on it by subbing in those orange shards I found.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 31, 2015