Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I have found that I really love playing a pillar Karok. I've tried all of the other classes (characters?) and its true that there seems to be one true class for everyone's playstyle. I love charging into the middle of a group of enemies, throwing my pillar at a dude over on the other side then grabbing a vampire and bending them over backward with a sharp *crack* and punching another one so hard they fly off the map.

It's so goddamn satisfying to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

ArchWizard posted:

Does anyone know for sure whether shard replacements will reset the enhancement level on a piece of gear? It turns out a +10 3* full purple Regina chainblade (albeit without any enchants) is not that great compared to what I had, but I don't want to lose the enchant level on it by subbing in those orange shards I found.

Only changing the main shard colors will mess it up, there is some confusion between people on the intricacies of that though. But Changing the secondaries is always fine.

Karok is really fun and good. He's really fun to probe how hard a new dungeon is too since he's pretty hard to die with. A lot of people will say his dps is not good. But you probably won't ever group with supremely good players for it to matter. And his utility with boss clash is insane.

I think swordlann is still the hardest "top dps" to be good at because he has traditional smash combos. Where as arisha and hurk just chain smash forever and their defensive stuff doesn't hinder them.

If you ever looking into an alt from karok I would try hurk, his gameplay style is pretty similar.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 31, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Karok is a really cool and unique class that doesn't get played enough because he is a gigantic black dude instead of an anime waifu. I don't main Karok because Vella is my poo poo but he is my favorite alt.

Clash is one of the coolest skills in the game because you get to RULES OF NATURE most raid bosses. Also you get to hold hands with the newest boss all romantic like before you jump up and chaos dunk her face.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Karok's clash is more appreciated than ever now that it's one of the few lockdown skills that doesn't have a 20 minute cooldown.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Karok's clash is more appreciated than ever now that it's one of the few lockdown skills that doesn't have a 20 minute cooldown.

It's the poo poo in Regina. EVERYBODY HOLD HANDS

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
What's a good way to get the Clash in? I'm always miss timing the hell out of it.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

It's pretty much like Dodge frames. If you have "display when attacks are available" it pops up when he's doing a clashable move. There's also the tab key that supposedly autograbs, but it's pretty buggy. Beokros is probably the easiest to grab

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Is there a way to increase the font size in this game beyond just chat? It is very small for me.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
What guilds are you guys in now? Also are you lot in a mumble or anything?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

SoggyGravy posted:

What guilds are you guys in now? Also are you lot in a mumble or anything?

No mumbles or anything I'm aware of. A number of goons on East are in Lion Heart.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
wierd, when I search for guilds Lion Heart three come up as 1 member but there is no space in the name.

UPDATE: Found it and applied, had to search just for Heart for some reason...

SoggyGravy fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 8, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

SoggyGravy posted:

wierd, when I search for guilds Lion Heart three come up as 1 member but there is no space in the name.

UPDATE: Found it and applied, had to search just for Heart for some reason...

Yeah the guild search is kind of bad and weird. Let me know what your ign is and I'll let you in. Can also whisper Holodeck/Hoiodeck/Sausages.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

Bakalakadaka posted:

Yeah the guild search is kind of bad and weird. Let me know what your ign is and I'll let you in. Can also whisper Holodeck/Hoiodeck/Sausages.

Got in, thanks for the quick response though!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The deadline to turn in ultimate objective coupons is in a day or so. Also, the Vindictus Twitter has hinted that something good is in the works for Evie. I don't know what, though. I bet it's going to be a disappointment.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
The Evie revamp is overdue and when it hits it will be glorious.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

The deadline to turn in ultimate objective coupons is in a day or so. Also, the Vindictus Twitter has hinted that something good is in the works for Evie. I don't know what, though. I bet it's going to be a disappointment.

If you're a scythe user, it's okay. Can now double blink without the stupid hop meaning you have crazy mobility, drain is now a passive, and a new active attack called Arcane Gate that does a ton of damage and basically gives you 10 seconds of stealth/invuln on a 2:30 cooldown. We also get stamina skills, which will help scythies a lot.

If you're a staff user, this is basically the second coming of jesus. Mastery bonuses no longer cancel each other so we can cast spells in any order without losing bonuses, we can build focus now while moving, flying sparrow had it's range doubled so we can actually dodge stuff, all spells hit with an explosion now for AE damage, new ranks, etc. Oh yeah, and then there's Raze. Imagine for a moment your characters most powerful SP skill and the damage that it does. Take that damage times 2.5. Put it on a 2:30 cooldown. Now remove the SP cost entirely, and turn it into a gigantic 7-second long laser beam of death. That's the new Evie staff skill. This video isn't the best example around as it's a weak boss to start with, but, behold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkWW-mGRmM

If that's not enough, mana amber has been redone to a full shield that blocks everything without a chance to break or to throw us across the map, and mana shields now regen faster and take into account a players defense, meaning there's a decent shot at Evies tanking as well if not better than Fifis.

It's a nice revamp.

Nyfrin fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 17, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Sacrifice is passive, drains are passive but can be done manually for enhanced damage, I think snaps are passive(?). Scythe ultimate also stacks the drains with each combo too. Looks like a good change, she was already kinda smash-and-run-away, and her new stuff just enhances that kind of playstyle for scythes.

Scythe will probably still be very much a richman's class cuz the animations will be the same, but that's the price you pay for her potential for max anime princess.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 17, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

darkhand posted:

I think snaps are passive(?).

Scythe will probably still be very much a richman's class cuz the animations will be the same, but that's the price you pay for her potential for max anime princess.

Snaps are the same, they just don't stack now, back to invisible loom only forever and always probably.

Still will probably need 50-60 aspd minimum. Time to sell everything I own for a set of WB CBP.

Have we been getting any skill reset caps for revamps? I could probably my tens of thousands of AP from scythe into staff and see what the shiny side is like.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Snaps are the same, they just don't stack now, back to invisible loom only forever and always probably.

Still will probably need 50-60 aspd minimum. Time to sell everything I own for a set of WB CBP.

Have we been getting any skill reset caps for revamps? I could probably my tens of thousands of AP from scythe into staff and see what the shiny side is like.

I am reasonably certain class revamps come with a full reset capsule but this is nexon after all.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Just started a couple characters on East. An Evie, Saygin (This is actually a pretty old character, but still really low level), and an Arisha, Yohyoh. Looking to join a guild, but not sure which to apply to. Both characters are pretty low-level, so they're unlikely to be able to contribute anything for a long time.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can join my solo guild Dopethrone, get a few hundred ap in capsules

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's a bummer that this game has always insisted on gender-locked classes. i know they're supposed to be "characters" but its still pretty weak to me. i wanna use a big sword but i don't wanna be that guy :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Do the Evie changes fix her spells/slopes issue?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Parasite Evie: The Third Buffday.

quote:

Welcome to the Evie Revamp update! The third of our warriors has been given an overhaul, including new abilities and massive improvements to some of your favorite spells. Evie isn't the only one with the new toys either, as Fiona and Karok have been given Ultimate abilities for each of their weapons, and everyone can make use of the new Incinerate feature! Check it all out below!
Evie Staff Changes

Evie's Vindictus' purest spellcaster, and her powerset is getting more than a few upgrades. Easier management of the Elemental Masteries, a new, incredibly powerful spell and a very simple change to Evie's most core spellcasting function: Focus.
New Staff Ability: Moving Focus

Evie's primary weakness as a spellcaster has been a simple one: It's hard to cast spells if you're not standing still, and being unable to move as the fifty meter monster brings his fist down is seldom a good survival strategy. But Evie's been training hard, and she's finally worked out the kinks in her technique, and can now Focus while on the move!

While moving, pressing the Smash/Focus key will start to Focus at Lv. 2, building up her arcane power towards the most powerful spells. While she must stop moving in order to cast her spells, this gives her much needed mobility while charging up for her most powerful spells. This new ability is built into Focus itself, requiring no new training, quests or AP to be spent.
New Staff Spell: Rage Conductor

Evie now has a fifth tier of Focus and features a brand new spell, the almighty Rage Conductor. No fire, no ice, no lightning, just pure, raw power, channeled and unleashed at anything in Evie's view. Evie is protected from basic attacks while beginning Rage Conductor, and when completed it strikes as a coherent beam, hitting anything in its way several times per second and lasting up to 5 seconds.

As this requires Focus Lv. 5 to cast, training Rank B Focus is needed in order to cast the spell at all. The power unleashed by Rage Conductor is massive, but it's taxing as well, and can only be done once every 150s. Then again, with the power on display, there's few that can stand in its way without quickly regretting it...

Skill Name Rage Conductor
Requirements

Level 50
Focus: Rank B
34,000 Gold

Max Rank Rank A
Activation With Focus Lv. 5: Move Back
Effects

Consumes 65 Stamina on use
Generates 10 SP
Creates a non-elemental coherent beam attack that can be controlled by turning Evie
Lasts for 5 seconds and deals damage every 0.2 seconds.
Cannot be damaged while starting the spell.
PvP Changes:
Can be damaged while starting the spell.
Lasts for only 2.5s.

Compatible Awakenings

Increased Damage
Increased Knock-Down Chance

Notes

Can only be used with a Staff

Additional Staff Skill Changes

Mana Amber:
Pressing the Dodge key while standing still will now activate this ability.
The intial activation period will block stronger attacks
New Visual Effect
No longer restores STA while active
Flying Sparrow:
STA Cost increased to 32 (up from 20)
Movement distance increased by over 200%
Starting Focus while using Flying Sparrow will start at Focus Lvl. 2 when Flying Sparrow ends.
Fire Mastery:
Mastery Stacks no longer fade after casting a Lightning or Ice spell.
Each buff stack increases the damage and knockdown chance of fire spells; maximum of 2 stacks.
The 3rd cast of a fire spell will consume the buff stacks and apply the burn effect "Set Ablaze".
Fire Bolt:
Projectile speed increased.
Fire Shock:
Now penetrates through targets and obstacles, allowing it to hit multiple enemies at once.
Fire Storm:
Grants 15 SP per hit (Changed from 25 SP total)
Can now deal Critical Hits
Ice Mastery:
Mastery Stacks no longer fade after casting a Lightning or Fire spell.
Each buff stack increases the damage, knockdown chance, and freeze duration of ice spells; maximum of 2 stacks.
Ice Mastery buff stacks will not be consumed until the freeze effect has been applied to an enemy.
Ice Blow:
Grants 5 SP per hit (Up from 4 SP per hit)
Rank 8 Ice Blow allows easier freezing of Level 80 Monsters
Lightning Mastery:
Mastery Stacks no longer fade after casting a Fire or Ice spell.
Each buff stack increases the damage, knockdown chance, and stamina recovery of lightning spells; maximum of 2 stacks.
The 3rd cast of a lightning spell will recover additional stamina and consume the buff stacks.
Guided Lightning:
Grants 8 SP per hit (Up from 4 SP per hit)
Lightning Bolt:
Grants 21 SP (Up from 18 SP)
Lightning Wave:
Projectiles now are guided towards enemies.
Grants 12 SP per hit (Up from 5 SP per hit)
The following Spells, when they reach their maximum range without hitting an enemy, will now explode:
Firebolt
Ice Spear
Lightning Bolt
Lightning Wave
The following Abilities can be trained to a new Max Rank:
Mana Shield: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Focus: Up to Rank B (was Rank C)
Ice Blast: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Ice Spear: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Ice Blow: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Lightning Bolt: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Lightning Wave: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Guided Lightning: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Fire Shock: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Fire Storm: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Transform Erg: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Clipped Wings: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Regeneration: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)

Evie Battle Scythe Changes

Evie's gotten a lot more than a few nifty new spells, though. Her Battle Scythe skills have been overhauled as well, giving her a few new attacks, better synergy between some of her attacks and a major change to two of her core Scythe abilities, Life Drain and Sacrifice.
Major Scythe Revamp: Life Drain and Sacrifice

Life Drain is the easiest way for a Scythe Evie to regain health, and it's received a major improvement. All Smashes will cause the drain effect, with those performed during a combo granting a stronger Drain, without Evie needing to do a thing besides continuing to strike. If she does use a Grab attack after a Smash attack, then the drain will be even stronger, helping to restore some of the wounds sustained in the melee.

Speaking of passive improvements, the Sacrifice ability is no longer an Active ability. Instead, it has been converted to a Passive that allows the ability to trigger peroidically if she has an active Spirit Wisp, automatically destroying the Spirit as she releases her debuff and giving Evie the massive power boost. This should make Scythe Evies less reliant on cumbersome Active abilities, letting her get back to the hacking and slashing with her brand new combo.
New Scythe Skill: Horrific Scream

Evie's newest Scythe combo is an expansion on the basic Demon Splitter one-two, allowing Evie to keep her Scythe on the move, cutting through the Fomors like a field of wheat. After the Normal Attack and Smash Attack to start the Demon Splitter attack, an added 3rd Smash hit combo can be used, slamming the Scythe down on any enemies still on their feet. If the hit connects, a Life Drain and a Spirit Bind will be applied on the monster and replenish 80 Stamina. This new skill can also be activated after using Blade Shift after 3 smash hits!
Skill Name Horrific Scream
Requirements

Level 35
16,000 Gold
Demon Splitter: Rank 9

Max Rank Rank A
Activation

Mouse: [Left Click] - [Right Click]x3 + [Right Click]
Keyboard: [S] - [D]x3 + [D]

Effects

After the Demon Splitter attack, slams the Scythe to the ground for massive damage.
Regenerates 80 STA when complete.
Afflicts the target with Spirit Bind.
Cannot be Drained.

Compatibale Awakenings

Damage Increase
Knock-Down Damage Increase

Notes

Can only be used with a Battle Scythe

New Scythe Skill: Arcane Gate

Evie also brings a powerful new skill to the table, Arcane Gate. When cast, Evie uses her Scythe to open a portal and leap through it, disappearaing from sight and becoming largely invulnerable. While invisibile, she can quickly hop back into reality with a Smash attack and then use the Smash key to become intangible once again.

But there's more than that. Each successful attack afflicts the target with Life Drain, Spirit Bind, Mark of Death and Bloody Thread, one at a time. If all four ailments are successfully applied, the next Smash will release all four of the effects, dealing massive damage. While this ability has a hefty SP cost and a sizeable cooldown, the damage unleashed and the excelent mobility makes it more than worth the price.
Skill Name Arcane Gate
Requirements

Level 40
30,000 Gold
Blink
Void Star

Max Rank Rank A
Activation

Initial Cast: Ability Quick Slot
Attack:
Mouse: [Right-Click]
Keyboard: [D]
Disappear:
Mouse: [Right-Click]
Keyboard: [D]

Effects

Drains 750 SP on cast.
Causes Evie to Disappear from sight, becoming largely invulnerable.
Smash attack will cause Evie to leap out and strike, afflicting the target with Life Drain, Spirit Bind, Mark of Death and Bloody Thread, one at a time.
Smash Attack will cause Evie to disappear again, allowing her to strike again.
On the fifth strike, Releases the four afflictions for heavy damage.
2 Minute Cooldown, decreased by 3s for every disappearance

Compatibale Awakenings

N/A

Notes

Can only be used with a Battle Scythe

Additional Scythe Skill Changes

Blade Shift:
Rank 9 and Above: Can use Demon Splitter's additional attack after Blade Shift.
Can now use earlier after a Blink.
Can only Blade Shift once per Blink.
Blink:
Is now easier to trigger between attacks.
Can cast by hitting the Dodge button only once.
Can cancel a Blink with a Normal Attack.
Can immediately use a second Blink after the first one, at a cost of 5 additional STA.
PvP: Costs 24 STA (up from 15)
Dimensional Loom:
Can now be trained as Skill and increased from Rank F up to Rank A.
Requires Level 40 to train and costs 18,000 Gold.
Hell Quake
Requires Level 28 to train and costs 12,000 Gold.
Mark of Death
Damage over Time effect persists even after the bonus damage is triggered
Duration increased to 30s at Rank F, scaling up to 44s at Rank 6 (up from 15s at Rank F and 30s at Rank 6.
Soul Skewer
Requires Level 32 to train and costs 15,000 Gold.
Void Star:
Now counts as a Smash attack, gaining the benefits of Smash Mastery.
At Rank 9 and above, can be activated during Eagle Talon with the Grab Key, which will create a Void Star at the location of the your last target.
Blink: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Blade Shift: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Void Star: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)

General Evie Changes
General Skills

Mana Shield:
HP of Mana Shield now increases based on the current skill rank, up to 2,200 HP at Rank 8
Mana Shield now uses your DEF.
Revive:
After a Successful Cast, Evie gains the "Thankful Thoughts" effect, increasing Movement Speed by 5% and restoring 3 STA/s for 1 minute. Does not occur if Evie is interrupted or takes damage during the Fatigue animation.
Stamina Mastery:
Can now be trained.
Battle Respiration:
Can now be trained.
Mana Shield: Up to Rank 8 (was Rank A)
Holy poo poo, Evie can block or dodge with a single Spacebar press. Good job getting on the same level as every other character I've played. Sucks that Blade shift can only be used once per blink, though. Blade Shift is fun.

quote:

New Ultimate Skills

Just because Evie's gotten a huge number of changes doesn't mean that our other warriors aren't getting new toys to play with. Both Fiona and Karok have received an Ultimate Skill for each of their weapons, powerful abilities that can shut down a boss and deal massive damage, but suffer from a large SP cost and hefty cooldown.

Fiona Longsword Ultimate Skill: Crushing Assault

Fiona is a master of using both sword and shield as weapons, and her Ultimate skill is no exception. With Crushing Assault, she charges forward and, if hitting an enemy, unleashes a withering assault that makes even the hardiest foe want to stop for breath. While her foe is being carved up with her sword, and battered senseless by her shield, she is immune to damage from other creatures, perventing the assualt from being interrupted..

As with all Ultimate Skills, Crushing Assault costs 1,000 SP, and generates a 20 minute cooldown once used.
Skill Name Crushing Assault
Requirements

Level 52
28,000 Gold

Max Rank Rank A
Activation Active Ability Quick Slot
Effects

Consumes 1000 SP on use
20 minute cooldown
If the first attack hits, will strike the same target repeatedly with sword and shield.
Cannot be damaged while using this ability.
Cooldown resets at the start of a battle quest.

Notes

Can only be used with a Longsword equipped.
Can be used with both Small and Large Shields.
Cooldown Resets at the start of a new Battle Quest

Fiona Long Hammer Ultimate Skill: Blooming Violet

Those Fionas that prefer something a bit heavier can now use the Blooming Violet Ultimate Skill. Where the Crushing Assault attack is a frenzy of slashes and strikes, the Blooming Violet attack isn't as simple as all that. After a few prefunctory strikes to stun her foe, Fiona drops her shield, grips her hammer with both hands, and winds up for a swing to send the enemy into orbit.

Fiona might not be holding her shield for most of this attack, but there's little need to worry about defense. As always, using an Ultimate skill makes Fiona invulnerable for the duration of the attack.
Skill Name Blooming Violet
Requirements

Level 52
28,000 Gold

Max Rank Rank A
Effects

Consumes 1000 SP on use
20 minute cooldown
If the first attack hits, will stun with a pair of hard strikes, and then wind up for a brutal, two-handed swing.

Notes

Can only be used with a Long Hammer equipped.
Can be used with both Small and Large Shields.

Karok Battle Pillar Ultimate Skill: Extermination

Karok would be severely disappointed if he didn't join the Ultimate Skill party, and we aren't ones for displeasing the massively muscled brawler. With his Battle Pillar in hand, Karok can use it to launch a withering series of attacks, first with the pillar itself, and then his fists, pummeling his foe into submission by any means neccessary.

Not that anyone could stop him once he gets a good head of steam going, but he won't need to worry about taking damage during it. Not only is his foe stunned for the duration of the assault, but he's immune to damage, focused entirely on thoroughly tenderizing his foe.
Skill Name Extermination
Requirements

Level 52
28,000 Gold

Max Rank Rank A
Effects

Consumes 1000 SP on use
20 minute cooldown
If the first attack hits, will stun his foe, battering the target first with his Battle Pillar, and then with his fists.

Notes

Can only be used with a Battle Pillar equipped.

Karok Cestus Ultimate Skill: Internal Disruption

Of course, Karok sometimes prefer to forswear swinging an entire tree around in favor of an armored gauntlet, and his new Ultimate for the Cestus is elegant in its simplicity. He punches, punches, punches and punches some more, turning his target into a oversized speedbag, finishing up with one final strike guaranteed to make your enemeis regret fighting the giant, even more than normal.

Skill Name Internal Disruption
Requirements

Level 52
28,000 Gold

Max Rank Rank A
Effects

Consumes 1000 SP on use
20 minute cooldown
If the first attack hits, will stun his foe and follow it up with a series of rapid-fire punches, culminating in a heavy, final strike.

Notes

Can only be used with a Cestus equipped.
It's nice that Fiona is getting her ultimate SP attack, but I think it would be better if Vella got her penultimate SP attack. Because gently caress Glacier Terminus what a piece of poo poo that is.

quote:

New Feature: Incinerate

Getting tired of throwing your plunder at the vendors around Colhen just for a little gold? Meet Flovian, an experimental magician with a new spell that gives you the chance to turn that vendor trash into something really useful.

All you need to do is take what you'd normally sell for Gold to Flovian in the Colhen Docks and give it to him to Incinerate. The items will be destroyed and reward you with either some of the gold that you would have gotten just by selling it to a random vendor, an AP Capsule, some Seals, some Spirit Remnants that Flovian would be glad to take off your hands... and possibly something more.

The more you have Flovian Incinerate, the better your odds are of getting a random Cash shop item, including EnchantmentRunes, Goddess Graces, Merc Recover Potion Pluses and more. These are not items you'll be able to easily buy for gold, so even if you lose a bit of the vendored items, the chance at getting an AP boost, Seals and some useful Cash Shop items is more than worth it!
I hope the odds of getting something good aren't terrible or I'm going to be... incin-irate.

quote:

New Feature: Daily Missions

It's easy to reward the major actions, the heroic moments, the nail-biting challenges... but at the end of the day, the fundamentals are just as important, and it's high time to reward them. With the new Daily Missions, visible through the Event menu, you'll get a small number of challenges every day to complete, focusing on simple things, like making a campfire, using an HP Potion, obtaining items from battle and the like.

For each one you complete, you'll receive a small prize, maybe a Stimulant, maybe some Seals or a minor boost or some AP, but they all add up. Complete them all, however, and you'll be rewarded with Daily Mission Tickets that you can trade in for prizes in the Exchange Shop, including Fine Bath Soaps, 12 Hour Buff Necklaces and more.
I'm not quite convinced these tickets will be worth the effort. As a proud goon, soaps are not something I use. I guess I should go for the title that takes fifty coupons, though. Titles are neat.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

It's nice that Fiona is getting her ultimate SP attack, but I think it would be better if Vella got her penultimate SP attack. Because gently caress Glacier Terminus what a piece of poo poo that is.

Lol Vella is never gonna get anything good GARBAGE TIER CLASS FOR ALL ETERNITY.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

darkhand posted:

You can join my solo guild Dopethrone, get a few hundred ap in capsules

Will do.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Been playing Arisha for a few days, and I think I've got the hang of her, but can anyone tell me how to teleport mid-Ruin Blade? It says in the tooltip that you can warp to a marked enemy, but I haven't been able to do this successfully yet. It seems like it would make it way easier to set up the big hit on some of the more frantic bosses.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I played this game a long rear end time ago but burnt out somewhere in the ice caves because every mission had a million sub objectives, some of which relied on random drops and my OCD compelled me to get all the points in a level before moving on to the next which meant I got super over-leveled and bored.

I thought I might come back since apparently progression has been smoothed out and there are new characters to try. Its been so long since I last played that I can't really remember how it used to be but things do seem fairly fast.

I'm playing as the spear woman, she is pretty cool but her town walking animation is a loving travesty. What kind of armour is she supposed to use?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuno posted:

I'm playing as the spear woman, she is pretty cool but her town walking animation is a loving travesty. What kind of armour is she supposed to use?

You can pretty much use any armor you want, but for the most part while leveling anything but Evie and Arisha you want to use heavy and/or plate armor. At high levels it depends on whether you want to spend crazy amounts of money on enchanting but I wouldn't worry about that unless you get to 90.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kuno posted:

Wait, for a min I thought you were talking about Lann :v:

Lynn is melee so stack STR stuff like heavy and plate. Later on you can wear Light armor but w/o enchants you might as well get the extra DEF from plate.

FWIW, they removed BP so now you can rush from 0 to 70 in 2-3 days but a week should suffice for reg people.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks that's what I figured.

I'll probably go for heavy rather than plate. I could be wrong, but looking at the heavy armour sets vs the plate armour sets in the marketplace it makes me laugh that it seems like all the female plate armours feature more or less zero plate, but for some reason the heavy armours are fairly reasonably armoured (if a little anime) and feature actually quite a lot of... well plate. Some of the light armours even seem a lot more protective than the plate sets.

I've still been getting all the oaths and bonus missions in each level but it seems to be going through a lot quicker, I don't know if they upped the amount of drops or something, also it feels like each dungeon is shorter maybe?

I think spear lady is more fun than the sword dude I used however many years ago. I'm a sucker for polearms in games though, they are so under used compared to swords, sword and shield, really loving big sword and Japanese 1000 times folded hanzo steel sword.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well Vindictus really broke out of the mold of MMO archetypes, and each weapon has a pretty unique styling. Like sword and shield in most MMOs is clunky and slow and really just a graphically representation of +block percentage or some nonsense, but fiona is pretty fast now-a-days and hits hard as hell. Or you would think the greatsword guy would be slow, and maybe setup big charge attacks to do damage, but he really has a crazy chain combo system. So definitely don't be afraid to explore other classes to their potential.

And yeah most dungeons are shortened by 1-2 stages.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

darkhand posted:

Well Vindictus really broke out of the mold of MMO archetypes, and each weapon has a pretty unique styling. Like sword and shield in most MMOs is clunky and slow and really just a graphically representation of +block percentage or some nonsense, but fiona is pretty fast now-a-days and hits hard as hell. Or you would think the greatsword guy would be slow, and maybe setup big charge attacks to do damage, but he really has a crazy chain combo system. So definitely don't be afraid to explore other classes to their potential.

And yeah most dungeons are shortened by 1-2 stages.

Unless you're hammer fifi and then you die a little inside.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So, from the sounds of it this game has gotten less grindy over time then? I played waaaay back when there was only like 3 or 4 characters and I remember the grind being kind of obnoxious.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So, from the sounds of it this game has gotten less grindy over time then? I played waaaay back when there was only like 3 or 4 characters and I remember the grind being kind of obnoxious.

It's less grindy in general. It's still pretty grindy if you want to go whole hog with enchanting and enhancing (because you have to grind for the money to afford that poo poo), but with the way new 90 gear works you can get passable gear pretty easily at level cap.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

S3E2 is coming tomorrow.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Patch Notes from EU: http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1502428-Update-1-62-Season-3-Episode-2-Patch-Notes&p=7255089&viewfull=1#post7255089

It does not look like we're getting Priest Outfitters. Lion Heart is going to be very sad.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Eu already has it but I knew we would just get another garbage outfit anyway.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Vindictus S3EP2: two fat dudes in a hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Anyone else finding that the main site is dead? I saw a bunch of complaint threads but otherwise business as usual.