Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15qmRzn2Pc

Maintenance happened and we have an update.

Version 3.0

quote:

Ver. 3.00 Update Note

Table of Contents

Character Friendship System
Miscellaneous Changes
You can get more friendship with Charon. Also, bugfixes and a change to the premium marketplace license. I dunno, I feel like the big three point oh should have more to it?

Vending machine event is back

quote:

Mystery Vending Machine Event

Event Period: 5/16 - 06/20

Exchange Shop 05/16 - 06/27
Pretty typical vending machine event. Get tokens in the mail, spend them on missions, complete the missions to get coupons, or a mystery box if you complete a [Limited] mission. Exchange coupons to get your favorite goodies, like clone outfit crafting boxes, runes, Grade 2 Mysterious/Abyssal Shards, crafting/reforge mats, Steels, and the Superior Elixirs needed for 115 gear. Also, other junk.

I should have saved the sprint shoes joke for this post gently caress poo poo gently caress

quote:

Lucky Sprint! Event

Event Period: 5/16 - 06/20

Event Info

Obtain the Lucky Sprint buff by conquering raids Battle of Rocheste (Cesar) - The Winds of Lochlann (Irusan).

The sprint boon has a total of 5 stages. 1 stack is added for completing each raid.
The sprint boon is provided to all characters of Lv. 115 or below.
Once the event begins, the sprint boon resets each day at 7AM UTC.
It's the usual. Run raids from Cesar to Irusan to earn a stacking buff that lasts until reset. Only notable boost is to LUK.

The gathering dungeon event is back

quote:

Shayla's Gathering Dungeon Event!

Event Period: 5/16 - 6/20
Same event as always: get entry tickets in the mail, use the tickets to run the dungeon and get essences. Spend essences on cosmetic gear. Not sure, but it doesn't look like there's anything new in the shop.

In the Court of the Crimson Canine

quote:

Canine Command! Assist Captain Crimson

Event Period: 5/16 - 5/30

Event Info

This is a per-Character event (Lv. 1+)
Event resets each day at 7AM UTC.

How to Participate

Follow the story once a day to receive your reward.
Begin through Colhen's Strange Traveler.
Receive gifts for taking care of Crimson.
Talk to the Strange Traveler every day. He'll tell you to go to the merc lounge and do something for the puppy, Captain Crimson. Do what the traveler said and receive a reward box containing a friendship gift destiny box and another random reward. It's a decent reward but maybe a bit more of a hassle than it should be. I found you can blow through it pretty quickly by running both parts of the story through the Story Window (M).

The next GM Coin event: To Catch A Scavenger

quote:

GM Coin S2: Scavenger Hunt

Event Period: 5/16 (Tuesday) after weekly maintenance - 6/20 (Tuesday) before weekly maintenance.

Gather around and play the Scavenger Hunt!

Acquire GM Coins by finding hidden items in Colhen, Rocheste, and Malina.

Who will find them the fastest? Who will be clever enough to figure out where to look?
Follow the clues posted on the Discord. Find the item in-game and take a screenshot. Then post that to the Discord. Meh.

Speaking of meh rewards, the code for the last GM Coin event has been released: GMFAVBOSS2023. 10 more coins. Spend them on the title again or save them for a nicer reward.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have new events.

A very special dungeon event

quote:

Special Dungeon Event!

Event Period: 5/30 - 06/20

Event Info

+1 Additional Departure will be added to the Special Dungeon.
Conquer the Special Dungeon during the event to obtain 1 Special Dungeon Event Box.

- The Special Dungeon Event Box expires on 7/4 at 7AM UTC.

- You can obtain up to 10 Special Dungeon Event Boxes per week.
One extra win for [S] dungeons each day, and every time you win you get a box. The box can contain gold & silver bracelets, runes, brynn elixirs, Jardin Steel, dye ampoules, and other such things.

Your goose is cooked, gnoll chef

quote:

I'm No Chieftain

Event Period: 5/30 - 06/20
Another "feed the gif" event. This time it's a smoll chieftain. Get meatloafs (limit 20 per account per week) from normal battles, Red Moon battles, Niflheim, and RAR. Feed the loafed meats unto the chieftain to make him grow up and give you rewards. Rewards include AP, a dye ampoule destiny box, a junior chieftain pet destiny box, and however many Resenlian's Battle Completion Scrolls you can stand grinding for. If you want more chieftain pets it's a fine event. If you have them all, it doesn't seem like a great use of time.

A nice change to this event is that the smoll chieftain's food bar is account-wide, so you only have to level him up once. But that also means that most of the rewards can only be obtained once per account.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 31, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkqMm90mkNI

New dev talk. Here's what they have scheduled for KR:
  • June: New normal raid. It's a Dimensional Rift raid, so no plot connection. It looks suspiciously like a Ruin Hunter from Genshin. And it attacks by punching, kind of like a Ruin Guard from Genshin. And by spinning and charging into you head-first, like a Ruin Hunter from Genshin. It's also another raid with a chain hook gimmick. I'm not looking forward to it because Naberius's chain gimmick is terrible, even post-nerf.
  • July: New playable character. It's a dude. Spear and shield user, though it's not clear whether he'll be able to use the small shields already in the game. They say he's gonna be a super-manly heavy-hitting bad boy, even more bad than Hurk. But in a good way.
  • August: New Space Time Distortion raid. New boss's gimmick is that he uses different weapons at different thresholds, and near the end can quickly switch between weapons. When the new raid comes out they're going to decrease the difficulty of Taros by increasing the revive count to three. No other changes.
Other matters:
  • They're killing off Mag Mell. Virtually nobody likes it and the few people who do are farming it to get fat on rewards. The guy says 0.1% of players earn 80% of the seals, which is really something. It's loving up the game but devs don't want to waste money trying to fix it so to the chopping block it goes. rip Mag Mell, have fun burning in hell with Onslaught.
  • The Battle Circuit system is very popular, unlike Mag Mell, and works well, unlike Mag Mell. Thus, unlike Mag Mell, they're going to continue making it better and more convenient.
  • They intend to release two major balance patches by the end of the year, with the second patch being designed to fix problems introduced in the first patch
  • Free coupon code for NA/EU players: VINDIFUNSUMMER. The reward is a dye ampoule destiny box, a 7-day VVIP capsule, and five Resenlian's Battle Completion Scrolls. Not bad. They all expire August 22.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jun 1, 2023

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Thank you ArchWizard for your continued service updating us about this dead game more concisely than my guild discord does lmao. (I have never touched mag mell gently caress pvp I ain't here for that)

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNUu6wSKPOA

Maintenance happened and we got an update.

Update 3.01

quote:

Ver. 3.01 Update Note

Table of Contents

Character Balance Changes
Miscellaneous Changes
1. Lots of changes here:
  • Lann - Big damage boosts all around
  • Kai - Some damage boosts, some nerfs
  • Lynn - Damage adjustments, but they don't say whether they're increases or decreases
  • Spellwhip Arisha - Lots of damage boosts and Breathless Rush no longer ticks down when idle
  • Delia - You get slightly more SP when you block (:shrug:)
  • Miri - Transforming into dragon form is faster when you're in a party, maybe for DPS reasons?
  • Letty - Some damage buffs, but mostly nerfs
  • Latiya - Some damage buffs, mostly nerfs
  • Charon - A few tiny buffs, but mostly huge nerfs
2. Plenty of bugfixes. The battle bug fixes are pretty good because they either prevented Karok from clashing or just straight-up broke raids. They also fixed the bug where the sound effect for getting hit would play even if you successfully blocked. However, they also added yet more restrictions to buying NX stuff.

Free epaulet time

quote:

Strange Traveler's Epaulet Tutoring

Event Period: Tuesday 6/20/2023 - Tuesday 7/18/2023
Log in on each of your characters to get en event epaulet in the mail. Run Red Moon, [S], or Niflheim to get Epaulet Stones, max 20 per character per week. Use 5 Stones and 20k gold to enhance the epaulet, up to +15. Enhancing increases the ATT, DEF, CRIT RTE, BAL, and LUK stats on the epaulet.

This seems like a shitload of work for relatively small bonuses—which don't even last that long—and that you can only get by running content that either sucks because it's boring (Red Moon), sucks because the drops are poo poo (Special), or sucks because hardly anybody hosts boats for them (Niflheim). I feel comfortable skipping this one.

Hero pass is back again

quote:

'23 Summer Hero Pass Event

Event Period: Tuesday 6/20/2023 at 7AM UTC - Tuesday 7/25/2023 at 7AM UTC
Do Hero Pass missions, earn Hero Pass exp, get Hero Pass rewards. As usual, there's a premium line that gives nothing worth paying for, because the unique spring voice emotes are available in the free line. Ultimate reward is a outfit clone crafting box (free) and a Premium Enhance Rune (paid). It's funny because I keep getting those from events and I let them expire because enchants are so hard to get without paying for them outright. And the good enchants are so expensive that it's hard to afford to buy them outright. So for a guy like me, time-limited runes aren't a good reward. Definitely not something I'd want to pay to get.

Anyway, for those of us who've done the hero pass a bunch, I've got bad news: They wised up and figured out the Hero Pass was too easy to max out. Used to be that you could gain a level every day by dicking around and then running a single RAR. Now you have to do actual battles. Logging in for sixty minutes and running RAR twice only gets you 10 exp. To earn the other 10 needed to gain a Hero Pass level, you need to run 10 level 60+ battles, run two Redeemer raids, run two AA battles, run Taros once, run a level 105 raid four times, or run a level 110-115 raid four times (and yes, the two brackets count separately). This sucks, man. Why'd they have to make this a hassle?

Redeemers: The Painful

quote:

No Pain, All Gain!

Event Period: Tuesday 6/20/2023 - Tuesday 7/18/2023
The usual Redeemers event. Rookie Redeemers lasts longer, gives more revives, and gives fat stat boosts while in-battle. Also, winning a Redeemers raid gives a bonus box containing very good rewards. It's a pretty good way to get that Hero Pass exp if you don't mind the difficulty.

Sharing is Caring

quote:

Sharing is Caring Event

Event Period: Tuesday 6/20/2023 at 7AM UTC - Tuesday 7/25/2023 at 7AM UTC

Event Info

This event is only here for 5 weeks!

Fees related to Equipment Share and Equipment Transfer for players above Lv. 110 will be discounted!

Costs will be 30% off during the event.
What it says: using the Equipment Share system costs less gold for a while.

The next GM Coin event

quote:

GM Coin S2 - Image Odyssey: Name or Narrate

Event Period: Tuesday 6/20/2023 after maintenance - Tuesday 7/18/2023 before maintenance

Pick 1 of the 3 images, and write up the title/lines/description!

What would fit right into Vindictus while being funny and witty?

Time to be as clever as you can be!
There are three images through that link there and you're supposed to come up with a funny caption for one, and submit it. I don't envy whoever has to judge the entries.

By the way, the code for the last GM Coin event got posted: VINDISCAVENGER23. Ten more coins. Have fun with them, or don't.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioV_aK5dY-I

Maintenance happened and we have two new events.

Time in a Box

quote:

Temporal Box Event

Event Period: Tuesday 7/4/2023 - Tuesday 7/18/2023
Log in and stay logged in to receive boxes. Open the boxes to get goodies like VVIP, runes, dye ampoules and extractors, blessing stones, element stones, and New Era mats. Not bad.

Normal raid event

quote:

Alchemist's Lost Coin

Event Period: Tuesday 7/4/2023 - Tuesday 7/18/2023

Event Info

Earn 1 Alchemist's Lost Coin via mail each time you complete the raid battles below.

You can obtain up to 30 of these each week.
* Alchemist's Lost Coin is valid until 7/25/2023 at 7:00 AM UTC.
Run normal raids from Cesar to Irusan to earn Alchemist's Lost Coins, limit 30 per account per week. Exchange coins for potions, which are actually boxes. The gimmick here is that potions give rewards, but not necessarily as good as you'd like:
  • VVIP Potion (20 coins): 3-/5-/7-day VVIP capsules
  • Runic Potion (20 coins): Enhance or enchant runes, or unstable versions of same
  • Mysterious/Abyssal Potions (15 coins): 1-3 Grade 2 shards
  • Questing Potion (10 coins): Resenlian scrolls or departure licenses
  • Ability Potion (10 coins): 1k - 3k AP capsules
  • Health Potion (1 coin): 1-3 Exquisite HP Potions
My main complaint is that you have to bust your rear end to earn just a few rewards and they're not even that great. It's also pretty wild to charge 20 coins for VVIP when the last spin event was giving out so many 3-day caps that I earned about two months' worth of VVIP while hardly doing any work at all. If you're already raiding regularly then this event is a nice bonus, but it doesn't excite me enough to make me want to raid a lot.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0PmDhkb4c

Maintenance happened and we got a new raid.

Version 3.02

quote:

Ver. 3.02 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. Episode & Battle Update
2. Friendship Skill Update
3. Improvement Update
4. Miscellaneous Changes
1. New raid. His name is Emmett, he's at the Dimensional Rift with Nab and Cessair, and he's a level 115 raid. He drops 115 gear mats; an essence to craft "Sanctuary Earrings;" and a rank 4 scroll, "Forgotten," which is for head and leg armor. Also, Irusan now drops "Revenge," a rank 4 scroll for weapons.

Page on the raid write-up
Page on the bonus departure event

Fun fact: this boss is a reference to Jewish mythology, not Celtic.

Wikipedia's page on Golems posted:

A golem is inscribed with Hebrew words in some tales (for example, some versions of Chełm and Prague, as well as in Polish tales and versions of the Brothers Grimm), such as the word emét (אמת, "truth" in Hebrew) written on its forehead. The golem could then be deactivated by removing the aleph (א) in emét,[8] thus changing the inscription from "truth" to "death" (mét מת, meaning "dead").

2. Lettys and Latiyas can now learn their friendship skill. You can now advance friendship with Charon to the max.

3. 64-bit client framerate improved. Or so they say. Various bugfixes. Adjusted the jiggle physics on certain outfits and yes, they really did use the phrase "jiggle physics" in the notes.

4. Changed when you get the tutorial quests for compositing and material synthesis. Level-up gear boxes now contain more stuff. Potions and blessing stones.

Vending is icumen in

quote:

Summer Vending Machine Event

Event Period: 7/18/2023 after maintenance – 8/22/2023 before maintenance

Exchange Shop: 7/18/2023 after maintenance - 8/29/2023 before maintenance
Vending machine event is back. Fifteen tokens per character per week. Spend tokens to get missions, complete missions to get coupons. Coupons can be exchanged for a clone outfit crafting box, runes, a 100% success enchant box, Mysterious/Abyssal Grade 2 shards, level 105 reforge mats, steel, and various consumables. Pretty good, as usual.

Another dice event

quote:

Whirling Dice Event

Event Period: 7/18/2023 - 8/8/2023 (3 weeks)
Log in and stay logged in to receive up to three "Whirling Dice Gift Boxes" per day. Gift boxes contain a game die and a potion destiny box. The dice can be used to play the game, and the potion destiny boxes can be used to obtain potions that buff BAL, CRIT RTE , or LUK by 2 for a while. Playing the dice game can get you Superior Enhancement Elixirs, AP capsules, element stones, steels, grade 2 shards, departure licenses, and 30 Brynn Elixirs.

It's not a bad event, considering it requires no work to get the rewards. As a nice bonus, the rewards are almost all account-shareable so it's not a big deal to play on whatever character and then move them where you want them.

Summertime, and getting GM Coins is easy

quote:

GM COIN S2: Sun-Kissed Summer Snap Event

Event Period: 7/18/2023 after maintenance - 8/22/2023 before maintenance.

Ah, it's finally summer!

What would a summer vacation in Vindictus look like?

Take a screenshot that captures the summer atmosphere, and participate in the event through Discord!

LAN party Vacation with the Mercenaries!
Another GM Coin event. Take a screenshot of your character with a "summer outfit or background" and post it on the Discord. And speaking of GM Coins: the last event has concluded and the code has been released: 2023VINDIODYSSEY. This code gives 30 coins, which is a lot. Very nice.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2RcMo0jpNQ

Maintenance happened. No new events but the Vindictus main page now redirects to a teaser page with this video. A video that was uploaded a week ago. Welp.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have two new events.

An event for furries

quote:

The Naughty Puppy's Daily Missions

Event Period: Tuesday 8/8/2023 - Tuesday 8/22/2023

Exchange Shop Period: Tuesday 8/8/2023 - Tuesday 8/29/2023
Complete all of your daily missions to get a Playful Pupper Box. The box contains a Paw Print Luck Scroll and a Bone Coupon. The scroll gives +3 to LUK for one hour. The coupon can be exchanged for goodies:
  • Naughty Puppy Ears (Head Outfit item) - 4 coupons, 1 per character
  • Title - 4 coupons, 1 per character
  • Outfit Dye Ampoule - 3 coupons, 1 per character
  • Divine Blessing Stone - 2 coupons, 5 per character
  • 50 AP Capsules - 1 coupon each
That title is so tempting but it's a lot of work to get, maybe, depending on how the daily missions shake out.

An event for scalies

quote:

Flopping Fish Event

Event Period: 8/8/2023 after maintenance – 8/22/2023 before maintenance

Exchange Shop: 8/8/2023 after maintenance - 8/29/2023 before maintenance
Join a fishing boat and buy Sturdy Fishing Rods, 200 per character per week. Every rod catches a Flopping Fish Coupon and some other random thing. Random things include Premium Bath Soaps, dye ampoules and extractors, graces, blessing stones, New Era mats, Exquisite HP Potions, AP caps, and Life Erg crystals (???). Coupons can be exchanged for goodies, and the best goodies are:
  • Premium Armor Enhancement Rune - 75 coupons, 1 per account
  • 7-Day VVIP capsule - 70 coupons, 1 per account
  • Unstable Enchant Rune - 65 coupons, 1 per account
  • Unstable Enhance Rune - 60 coupons, 2 per account
  • Goibhniu's Stone - 50 coupons, 1 per account
  • A new title - 40 coupons
Much easier title to get but you gotta pay for the rods, which are expensive. And I'm sensing a bit of tension between the event where you bust your rear end to earn a title and the event where you AFK to earn a title. Oh well.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Aug 9, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance did not happen last night but we have a new event. It's for Achel, who's coming out next week.

Celebratory Achel package giveaway

quote:

Achel's Celebratory Package Event

Event Period: Tuesday 8/15/2023 - Tuesday 9/19/2023
Log in at any time before the end of the event period to get a box. Outfit destiny box, unique title, 30-day inner coupon, permanent storage expansion ticket. Only an Achel can open it, and all contents bind so you can't move the rewards to anyone else.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0aJ5_5qCh0

Maintenance happened and we have a new character: Achel.

Update 3.03

quote:

Ver. 3.03 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. New Character Update: Achel
2. Battle Circuit Improvements
3. Item Changes
4. Other Changes

1. Achel's here. His weapon is called the Hasta and is crafted by weaponsmiths. His shields are called Grand Targes and are crafted by armorsmiths. He can be used in Partholon Vanguard and you can meet him in the merc lounge. His favorite gifts are First Aid Kits and Metal Polish. By wildly extrapolating from the first conversation with him, I've determined that he's both an rear end in a top hat and one of those "RETVRN" guys who wants to emulate the Spartans or Romans. Not that those two groups don't overlap a lot.

2. The battle circuit system is no longer in beta, whatever that means.

3. Players have more control over what kind of enhance glow is displayed for their weapons and armor. This can also be changed in outfit presets. They've nerfed the poo poo out of level 90 components so they only give 1 power fragment when dismantled. Sucks because Regina and Abom are way easier to farm than any level 95 or 100 battles. On the plus side, components for level 105 and up give way more fragments, so running 105 raids will have a slightly better rate of return. Finally, dismantling a component that's untradeable will result in untradeable power fragments. According to the devs, people were rigging the power fragment market by buying up components and dismantling them. This should put a stop to that.

4. No more orange glow when you get an orange drop in a battle that's no longer a raid. Also, graphical glitch fixes.

Indomitable warrior, come out to play-ay

quote:

Achel: The Indomitable Warrior

Hello! This is the Vindictus team.

We'd like to introduce you to the 23rd hero of Vindictus, Achel!

This is a male character who uses the Hasta and the Grand Targe.

The Hasta is a spear that was traditionally used by the warriors of ancient Connacht, which consists of a long, thin body and a sharp point. Its design is specialized for stabbing consecutively, but it is long enough to handle wide slashing arcs as well.

The Grand Targe is a shield meant to forms a pair with the Hasta. It is designed to not only defend against enemy attacks, but also to deliver devastating swings.
Achel's main shtick is that he can push his body to the limit to do his best, and he can only maintain that state for short lengths of time. So, doing well as Achel means using your self-buffs at the right time and using the moves that reduce the cooldown on the self-buffs.

The obligatory level-up event

quote:

Step by Step Level Up Event

Event Period: 8/22/2023 - 9/26/2023
Log in to a character who's level 30 or below to receive a nesting box. The box contains goodies. AP capsules, potions, graces, cosmetic coupons, steels, and a title. And, of course, if you're on an Achel, you'll get his unique equipment sets.

Summer 2023 Golden Time event

quote:

Summer 2023 Golden Time Event

Event Period: 8/22/2023 - 10/24/2023

Exchange Shop Period: Tuesday 8/22/2023 - Tuesday 10/31/2023
This is a combination golden time and hot time event. Complete missions to get golden tickets, limit 160 per account per week. Exchange 40 coupons at a time to get a reward and a bonus coin. Exchange bonus coins in pairs to get more rewards. Most of the rewards are the same, but there are several bonus coin rewards that are new and are marked as such:
  • Clone Crafting Box Destiny Package - Gives you a tail, wing, or object clone box (your choice)
  • Resenlian's Gift Package - Contains a dye ampoule, 7-day wings, and two Resenlian Battle Completion Scrolls
  • Max +15 Armor Enhancement Swap Coupon Box - Randomly gives you a coupon that can instantly take a piece of armor to the enhance level listed on the coupon. Could be +11, could be +15 (it's probably going to be +11)
  • Max +3 Quality Alteration Coupon Gift Box - Same deal, but this time it's for equipment quality. Can give a coupon that increases quality by 1 star, 2 stars, or 3.
  • Mysterious & Abyssal Shard Grade 3 Box - Gives five Mysterious Grade 3 Shards and five Abyssal Grade 3 Shards. Pretty generous.
  • Silver Bracelet Package - Gives you a silver bracelet of your choice, either having a diamond slot or a sapphire slot

Also, the hot time. 24/7 boosts to exp, AP, and expertise gain for the entirety of Golden Time. Good stuff. Weekends are even better, with rewards being given away if you stay logged in for a couple of hours. More bonus coins, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, steels, Grade 3 shards, and an equipment outfit destiny box.

This BOGO prize wheel event is beaucoup

quote:

BOGO Prize Wheel Event

Event Period: 8/22/2023 after maintenance – 9/26/2023 before maintenance

[Event Info]

Obtain 3 BOGO Prize Wheel Tickets when you complete Daily Missions.
Spin the Prize Wheel using BOGO Prize Wheel Tickets to receive items.
You have an equal chance of winning each item on the Prize Wheel.
Do your daily missions to get spin tickets. Spin the wheel to get goodies in pairs. Every spot gives a package that contains an AP capsule and some other reward. Other rewards include Mysterious & Abyssal Grade 2 Shards, Brilliant Traveler Tickets (the ones you use to buy the Secret Box from the Strange Traveler's Shop at inns), 1-day VVIP capsules, and so much more. Really, the list of rewards is huge.

The obligatory gathering dungeon event

quote:

Shayla's Gathering Dungeon Event!!

Event Period: 8/22/2023 - 9/19/2023
Nothing has changed with this event. There aren't even any new cosmetics to buy, as far as I can tell.

The soon-to-be-obligatory sharing event

quote:

Sharing is Caring Hot Time Event!!

Event Period: 8/22/2023 - 9/26/2023

The Sharing is Caring Hot Time Event is back!

Equipment Share and Transfer costs will be 30% off during this event.
This event is for users Lv. 110+, as you must be Lv. 110+ to use the Equipment Share and Transfer system.
Good event for people who end up liking Achel enough to raid with him a lot or even to change mains.

GM Coin Event: Season 3

quote:

GM Coin Collection Event Season 3

Event period: 2023/8/22 – 2024/1/16

Exchange Shop Period: 2023/8/22 – 2024/1/23
Debase and abase yourself on the Discord to get coins that can be exchanged for goodies. The main change to rewards is that the outfit box now has a cop outfit.

The first GM coin challenge

quote:

GM COIN S3: Achel Guide Challenge

Event Period: 8/22/2023 (Tue) after maintenance - 9/19/2023 (Tue) before maintenance

A new character, Achel, has arrived in Vindictus!

Once you've mastered Achel, create the best strategy guide or walkthrough!

Share all your useful tips, skills, etc. with beginners.

The user who creates the guide that gets the most votes will receive a special reward!
Play Achel, make a guide, post it on the Discord. If more than 50 guides are submitted, we all get coins. I feel like you should not need fifty guides to figure out how to play a specific character in this game.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 23, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have a new event.

Water balloons are back, baby

quote:

Beat that Heat with Water Balloons!

Event Period: 9/5/2023 after maintenance – 9/19/2023 before maintenance
Log in to each of your characters and talk to the Strange Traveler to get water balloons. Every day, you can buy ten for 1,000 gold by going through the story. They're a secondary weapon, like spears. You throw them at enemies to kill or freeze them. They can be used in normal raids but not Redeemers or RAR.

There are two rewards associated with this event. First, there's a title for using 70 water balloons. You don't need to kill with them, or even hit anything. So have fun with that. Second, once you have that title, you can talk to the Strange Traveler again to receive a 30-day Reilly's Toy, 3 Unbind Pots (very rare and useful) and ten golden time coupons. But if I'm reading this right, you can only get that bundle once per account.

Maintenance happened and we have a new dev team leader.

Meet the new boss, hopefully not the same as the old boss

quote:

Greetings from DEV DOL and the new Director, DEV Allanon
Short version: the Vindictus Director, DOL, is resigning his position after seven years because he feels like he hasn't made Vindictus good enough. So, he's putting another dev from the team, Allanon, in charge. Allanon's been involved with many popular game features like QB, Circuits, and the Wardrobe system. He says his main priority is to get rid of the cruft that makes the game a drag. His experience comes from joining the dev team in 2015 and playing the game for the first time and realizing that there's way too much bullshit that the other devs and old-time players have simply accepted despite sucking poo poo. So, for the past several years he's been working on adding QoL features, and he wants to ramp up that effort now that he's director.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Actual good news?????

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Actual good news?????
Maybe. There's a new mini-DevTalk where Allanon answers some questions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElI0gEn8QaA

As mentioned before, his two main goals are reworking features that seemed like a good idea at the time but now look bad, and streamlining the game so it's less tedious. In the first category, he specifically mentions extraneous stats like ATT Surplus and Additional Damage as features he believes have—shall we say—outlived their usefulness? He also wants to re-evaluate whether Final Fortress and Alban Festival are any good. For the second category, he mentions QoL stuff like making 105 raids easier, letting players skip the cutscenes in Redeemer raids, and giving players a shared wallet on their account to make passing gold around nice and easy. Holy poo poo. That last one would be great.

He talks about having players fill out a survey, which can be found here: https://forms.gle/eE8e5uCix5Zv6R9Q7. I complained about Counterforce, which he'd better deal with if he's serious about fixing stats that suck. Alas, I forgot to suggest that friend lists should be account-wide. Maybe someone else can do that for me.

He says there will be a huge NX giveaway to celebrate stuff, but so far it's only being promised for the KR server.

They're working on adding Hero Plus Mode to battles, which is a new difficulty level designed for players who want skilled play instead of facetanking and mashing the dang ol' potion button and VVIP grace button. The idea is to let you do a harder version of a battle in exchange for higher drop rates. But you also have to spend two departures per win instead of one.

There's a coupon code at the end for a nice gift: YOUAREMYHERO. It gives a box containing an outfit destiny box, three outfit dye ampoule destiny boxes, and a 30-day VVIP capsule. The outfits are all gacha outfits, which is pretty good.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

They're working on adding Hero Plus Mode to battles, which is a new difficulty level designed for players who want skilled play instead of facetanking and mashing the dang ol' potion button and VVIP grace button. The idea is to let you do a harder version of a battle in exchange for higher drop rates. But you also have to spend two departures per win instead of one.

This is actually something I wanted even down to using 2 departures lmao. I'd rather do half as many fights that take twice as long.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

This is actually something I wanted even down to using 2 departures lmao. I'd rather do half as many fights that take twice as long.
Allanon says he doesn't intend to make it too much harder because he doesn't want raids to tire players out, and I think making raids twice as long would go against that. His example was disallowing hold skills, so I guess It'll be less about increasing numbers and more about adding restrictions to players. But, I don't really know what else he can change besides simply making bosses stronger. I suppose they could make it "Redeemers-lite" by also limiting revives and pots? :shrug:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have a new raid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLqMjKHrPYU

Update 3.04

quote:

Ver. 3.04 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. Space Time Distortion Common Updates
2. Space Time Distortion: Hall of Fallen Knights Update
3. Other Changes and Additions
1. New Space-Time Distortion raid. The battle is called "Hall of Fallen Knights". Departure count is shared with Taros. Having a rhod compass equipped adds one to your departure limit, somehow. There's also an extensive write-up of some system involving rhod compasses and I don't give a poo poo because I don't have the stats to do Space Time Distortion, nor do I have the money to buy a rhod compass.

2. New raid. Same restrictions as when Taros came out, like only being revivable once. There are new rhod compasses and enchants and I think you're expected to pulverize any Taros compasses to replace them with these. They're pretty good because they boost CRIT RTE and ATT Surplus. For now, anyway. Don't know what will happen once Allanon casts his baneful eye upon garbage stats.

3. Bugfixes and minor changes. They also added ten new emotes that are Kayna themed.

Say good knight, Gracie
Another Space Time Distortion boss is here, Eisen Ritter. He looks like some kind of, I dunno, man-at-arms? And oh man does he use a lot of different arms. He spams AoE explosion attacks. He even tries the Braha thing at one point. There's a completion event, Defeat the Fallen One, Eisen Ritter! Beat the new boss to get "Fallen Space Time Tokens". Exchange tokens for goodies like a 100% r6 rhod compass enchant destiny box, or a new title.

Another Redeemers/Ein Lacher event

quote:

Special Lecture! How to get Stronger: Redeemers and Ein Lacher

Event Period: 9/19/2023 - 10/24/2023
Run Redeemers, get more revives and buffs if you're a rookie. Which you are. Get it together. Win a Redeemers raid to get a "Redeemers Training Box". May contain runes, shards of grade 2 and 3, or Jardin Steel. Finally, you can get gold in Ein Lacher even if you get hit four times.

September GM Coin event

quote:

September GM Coin Event: Besties Forever! Event

Event Period: 9/19 (Tuesday) after weekly maintenance - 10/24 (Tuesday) before weekly maintenance.
Take a screenshot of your character with a friend, a pet, or one of the animals sitting around town. Post it in the Discord. If sixty people do this, everybody gets GM coins. And speaking of getting GM coins: the players just barely managed to submit fifty Achel guides, so we all get our coins. Use the code ACHELGUIDE2023 to get 10 GM Coins.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There was no maintenance this week. No new events, but we got an announcement that Mag Mell is shutting down near the end of the month.

Mag Mell getting sent to Mag Hell

quote:

Mag Mell Arena Shutdown Notice

■ Mag Mell Arena

> With Season 18 marking the end of its service, we will be shutting down the Mag Mell Arena on 10/24 (Tue) during our regular server maintenance.

- 'Mag Mell Arena' will be removed from 'Depart (Shortcut Key G)' menu.

- Mag Mell Arena's related missions will be removed from the list of Guide Missions.

- 'Content - Mag Mell Arena' will be removed from the Help list.

- Any of the 6 Crystal Decoration items you might own will not be removed, and you will be able to use them even after the shutdown of Mag Mell Arena.
Personally, I won't miss it. I tried it once and thought it sucked. I don't know if that many players think it's good; it's so common to see advertisements in mega chat for people to join just to trade wins for seals. Speaking of which: you've got a few weeks to get in on that, and until the beginning of next year to exchange those seals for goodies. The goodies are are admittedly quite good.

One other matter: I need to update the OP with info on Achel. A little summary of how he plays. Does anyone here want to write something up?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 4, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened this week and we have two new events.

Smells like autumn spirit

quote:

Find the Autumn Spirit! Event

Event Period: 10/10 - 10/24

Exchange Shop: Event Period: 10/10 - 10/31
Run normal raids from Cesar to Emmett to earn "Hidden Autumn Spirits" (limit 25 per character per week, max 50 for the duration of the event). Using a Hidden Autumn Spirit gives two more coupons: "Autumn Spirit's Blessing" and "Trace of Early Autumn." Autumn Spirit's Blessings can be exchanged for goodies like Superior Enhancement Elixirs, runes, and an emblem destiny box (limit 3 per account). Also, Resenlian scrolls and Exquisite HP Potions. Trace of Early Autumn can be quick-crafted into a title, but you need thirty of the damned things. That's a lot of raiding. Also, the page here says you can only craft one, but it's not clear if they mean per account.

Race Me

Gremlin Race is back. Log in for an hour to get a reward, and this time there is a reward every single day. As usual, you can receive lots of useful things like shards and stones and steels and permanent cosmetic coupons and an object and an outfit box.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgjRD6iOG-A

Maintenance happened and we have an update. I had a more extensive writeup but I lost it, so all y'alls get a shorter one this time.

Update 3.05
Update 3.05 removes ATT Surplus and Additional Damage caps from most raids. They also adjusted QB requirements upwards. Devs worry that caps make it less fun for strong players to enjoy their big numbers. That strong players with big numbers make raids less fun for weaker players with smaller numbers doesn't seem to matter much. Oh well.

Characters have been rebalanced somewhat. Several characters got substantial buffs to their damage because an analysis of raid combat data showed they were underperforming.

Shared Wallet is here. Hooray. Towns are decorated for Halloween and there are Halloween greetings in the merc lounge.

Autumn Vending Machine
The usual. Get tokens, spend tokens on missions, do missions to get rewards.

Anniversary Event
Vindi is thirteen years old. Log in for thirty minutes per day to get rewards. They're good rewards.

Baby Gremlins' Snack Party
Run normal battles to find the Dyewood and beat it to get snacks. Turn in four snacks to the Strange Traveler once per day to get a wrapper. Turn in wrappers for goodies. There's an outfit box. There are also emblem boxes. Kind of a lot of effort.

13th Anniversary Community Event Part 1
Post on the Discord, telling them who your favorite NPC is. If enough people do that we all get a reward. 7 days of VVIP, a 7-day Unlimited Inner Armor Pass, and a 7-day Unlimited Hair Pass. The VVIP is decent but that's all.

GM Coin S3
Take a screenshot of yourself in Halloween Colhen or while wearing a Halloween costume, then post it to the Discord. If enough people do that then we all get GM Coins. The last event got enough submissions so here's the code for that: VINDIBFF2023.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 25, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have a couple of new events.

A daily mission event

quote:

Autumn Skies Daily Mission Event

Event Period: 11/7 (Tue) - 11/21 (Tue)

Exchange Shop: 11/7 (Tue) - 11/28 (Tue)
Do your daily missions to get an "Autumn Skies Box". Open the box to get a coupon and a candy. Coupons can be exchanged for a baseball cap box or Superior Enhancement Elixirs (each 3 per account). If that stuff doesn't interest you, there are also fatigue potions, Superior Campfire Kits, and Exquisite HP Potions. They're okay rewards, I suppose. Nothing really exciting unless you're upgrading Orna equipment and desperately need the elixirs?

13th Anniversary Part 2. Part 3? Haven't there already been two events?

quote:

13th Anniversary Community Event Part 2

Event Period: 11/7 (Tue) - 11/21 (Tue)
Enough people participated in the first part of this event for us to proceed to the second part: go on the Discord and post your favorite line from Vindictus and why. If enough people do that, we'll get that package that was promised to us.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POhdMp2qTHw

Update 3.06

quote:

Ver. 3.06 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. Season 4 Episode 7 Extra 2 "Jarnir"
2. Friendship System Content
3. Emotes
4. Wardrobe
5. Objects
6. Others
1. There's a new raid, like I said. The battle is called "Grave of Swords" and the boss is Jarnir. It's located at the Dimensional Rift. (That's three non-plot-related raids in a row, wow.) Jarnir drops Orna mats, an essence for a new belt, and the "Victorious" ES, which is for off-hands of any sort. They've also added two other scrolls. Emmett can drop Ancient, which is for belts. Irusan can now drop Prophetic, which is for chest armor.

2. The rest of Achel's friendship stuff has been added. Stories, achievements, dance emote, etc. Also, as I suspected, there was a delay in adding this stuff, because my main got him to 1-100% quite a while ago. They're giving away five Suspicious Potions to each account.

In very good news, they're making friendship stuff easier to get. The daily limit on bond gain has been doubled. Bond gain from all sources is also doubled. Devs said they did it because everybody complained about how long it takes. I hope they eventually listen to the people who have been complaining that the rewards need to be better, too.

3. They added the Achel Dance emote, as mentioned above. They also added his voice emotes to the friendship seal shop. That's it. When are they gonna bring back the /rave and /cheerleader emotes, huh?

4. Minor wardrobe bugfix. Something about abnormal facial expressions.

5. Minor object bugfix. Something about abnormal facial expressions.

6. New Start Game screen. They also claim to have fixed the problem introduced a few weeks ago where the game would randomly move you to channels 1, 2, or 3. Nothing about the bug where you'd randomly get kicked out of the guild house.

FAKE EDIT: I'm still getting moved to channels against my will. I also just got booted from the guild house. Muy disapointamente. I also accidentally let a 15-day VVIP capsule expire. That's not related to the channel change or disconnect problems; it just really pissed me off and I want to vent.

This grave will be your tomb

quote:

Grave of Swords: Jarnir

Today we would like to introduce our new raid, the "Grave of Swords."

You can depart for the Grave of Swords in Toward Taratha at the Dimensional Rift region.
They did it. The devs finally discovered the concept of "a sexy lady, but with muscles". Anyway, this page tells you what to expect during the battle, but there's no substitute for experience. Just get in there and start fighting. You're allowed to spam pots and graces, after all. And, of course, there's an additional departure event.

Fortune's Favored Raid Event

quote:

Fortune's Favored Card Event

Event Period: 11/21/2023 - 12/19/2023 (4 weeks)

Exchange Shop 11/21/2023 - 12/26/2023 (5 weeks)
Run normal raids, from Cesar to Jarnir, to obtain cards. There are three cards you can obtain if you haven't hit the limits for them.
  • King of Wisdom - Your typical exchange coupon. You can get 20 per week. You can use them to buy Superior Enhancement Elixirs, Premium Armor Enhancement Runes, Grade 3 Shards, Intermediate Element Stones, VVIP, and Exquisite HP Potions.
  • Queen of Grace - Collect 17 and quick-craft them into a title. You can get 1 per day.
  • Magician of Mystery - Town buff item. Use it to randomly get one of these buffs for thirty minutes: ATT SPD +2, BAL +2, CRIT RTE +2. You can get 2 per day.
It's an okay event. Rewards aren't too shabby. If I were to level a complaint, it would be that they want you to participate too frequently. If you're busy you'll have a hell of a time getting that title. In most events with a title you'd just buy the title with event coupons. Here it's got its own thing going on that requires you to go on raids for seventeen days. Per character. In a game that's been encouraging people to make alts for years. Then again, this might incentivize hosting low-level raids on lovely alts and make those boats easier to find. Could work out?

Say Goodnight Moon it's technically a different joke get off my back

quote:

Happy Thanksgiving, Moon!

Event Period: 11/21/2023 - 12/05/2023
It's another "feed the jpeg" event. Run level 30+ normal battles and Red Moon to get Moon Phase Binoculars. Use the Binoculars to make your pet moon grow. Reach milestones to get rewards, which aren't half-bad. If you want collectibles, there's a rabbit lop ears outfit box. There are also dye ampoules. Best practical gift is an enhancement rune. Would be a good event normally but it conflicts with the raid event.

Get it together, soyjak

quote:

GM Coin S3: Memedictus Event!

Event Period: 11/21/2023 (after maintenance) - 12/19/2023 (before maintenance)

2023 is already coming to an end!

How was your year? Did anything fun happen?

Recreate something you've experienced or a meme you saw, in Vindictus!
Make a meme and post it on the Discord. If enough people do that, we get GM coins. No NSFW stuff is allowed, so my old idea to paste dril quotes on Vindi screenshots will remain unfruitioned.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 22, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JwjCyHrRG4
New Dev Talk. The quick version:
  • A new male character is in the works and they intend to have him out in KR by December. His name is "Sou" and his inspiration is the "grizzled old samurai who is very loyal" archetype. He dual-wields the katana and wakizashi and is good at iaido.
  • KR is supposed to get a new raid in January, for Bres. It's plot-relevant! Finally, this stupid story will go somewhere again! Maybe!
  • Character balance patch in KR in February or March. What they do will depend on feedback from the latest balance patch and the September survey. They read every single survey entry, including the short answer sections. I feel sorry for the poor bastard who had to read my bitching about Counterforce, especially since he knows that deep down I am completely right but that Allanon does not care.
  • Lots of people asked for just about everything you can imagine. What Allanon wants most is to overhaul how character growth and farming work, because everybody agrees poo poo sucks and needs to be redone to make the game satisfying for more people.
  • Speaking of character balance: the devs have a complex system for acquiring and normalizing combat data, and a multi-stage process for implementing changes. But we're in the first stage, which is mostly about getting characters' average damage to parity. Then, the devs might remove skills that nobody uses. The devs might give characters new skills, but this will always be done in the interest of fun, not balance.
  • Everybody, even the devs themselves, want more non-combat activities. But they haven't figured out what yet.
  • Fixing game performance problems is nearly impossible because of engine limitations. Allanon would like to explore a new engine/engine rewrite, as well as a mobile version of the game.
  • There's a code you can enter to receive a gift: SOUNDOFHERO. It contains a "Tieve's Affection" box, which has a 7-day VVIP capsule, a 7-day Cadet Badge, some divine blessing stones, and some graces.
It's honestly amazing how many different topics Allanon touches on here. I didn't mention many of them because he either isn't going to change them much, or says it's not going to change in a long time.

The NX reward event is also here
This was mentioned in the Dev Talk before this one and now it's arrived for us. Log in to the Nexon website to see how many free coins you get as a reward for the NX you spent this year. I am entitled to zero coins because I've been boycotting NX since Fatigue was added. Also, there isn't anything I really want to buy.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 23, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have two new events. But really, one event is so huge that it could be several events on its own.

A fishing event

quote:

When You Fish Upon a Star Event

Event Period: 12/5/2023 (Tue) - 12/19/2023 (Tue)

[Event Info]

- Fishing maps (Night, Sunset) appear with 1:1 probability during the event.
- Starcatcher Fishing Rod is available for sale at the fishing boat during the event.
- Fish with a Starcatcher Fishing Rod during the event to obtain 1 star and 1 box.
Join a fishing boat, buy fishing rods, start fishing, get stuff. Successfully using a rod will get you a star (there are three kinds) and a box. Boxes contain useful things like battle consumables, blessing stones, New Era crafting mats, and AP capsules. Stars can be exchanged for Premium Bath Soaps, unstable runes, goib stones, power infusion mats, ampoules, and Resenlian battle completion scrolls. Crappy stars can also be exchanged for better stars, and thus for better rewards.

It's an okay event, I guess. Could be better. Probably fine that there's nothing collectable in here, like a title. That makes it easier to decide how to spend one's time.

No, More Heroes!

quote:

Vindictus Always Welcomes New Heroes!

Event Period: 12/5/2023 (Tue) - 01/02/2024 (Tue)
Like I said before, this is a massive multi-part event.
  • Hot Time - More exp, more AP, free equipment dyeing, faster expertise gain, bonus boss drop on weekends
  • Daily Gifts - Log in and stay logged in to get goodies. Tons of good stuff, starting with an equipment outfit destiny box. There's also a permanent storage expansion ticket. Then some consumables, AP capsules, and dye ampoules. Those are alright. This sub-event finishes up with permanent makeup, hair, and inner armor coupons.
  • Strange Traveler's Jumping Event - Talk to the Strange Traveler and get a box containing a jumping potion box. If you have any characters below level 105, they can use the potion inside to immediately jump to 105. They'll also get a nesting box that can be opened at levels 110 and 115. Not bad. There's also a unique title in the level 115 box.
  • +15 Weapon Rental Event - Lets you rent +15 Ardri weapons on any of your characters. It'll be fully enchanted, infused, and mat-synthed as well. A good event for two kinds of players: people who are behind on upgrading their gear, and alt-havers. Especially nice since rental gear costs nothing to repair. As a nice bonus, you can get two of every weapon, because one is enchanted for more BAL and the other is enchanted for more CRIT RTE. Very good for getting your stats to the right place to join a raid.
  • Welcome to Ein Lacher and Redeemers - It's the usual event for these game modes. You can get gold in Ein Lacher even if you get hit four times. Rookie Redeemers is better in Redeemer raids. The most interesting thing to note is that you will get Rookie Redeemers in Brigid if you have less than 100% completion. You might not if you're like me and haven't done much Redeemers since they upped the progress rate on Brigid.
  • A Giveaway - Enter code WELCOMETOVINDI to get a welcome package. It contains a 15-day VVIP capsule, a 15-day Cadet Badge, and a battle support package containing merc pots, graces, and divine blessing stones.

Finally, there's a trailer for Sou out on the Vindictus KR YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l1DSvKiZCQ

I'm a bit embarrassed to have misunderstood what Allanon meant about Sou using swords of different lengths. This is not dual-wielding; it looks like he's switching between swords for different kinds of attacks. Which I admit is more interesting than I expected.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9uoq9gfeL0

Maintenance happened last night and we got an update.

Update 3.07

quote:

Ver. 3.07 Update Note

Table of Contents

1. Character Balance Adjustment
2. Battle
3. Items
4. Etc.
1. Bad news, folks: they nerfed people. Pretty hosed up to nerf characters in a co-op game. But only a few characters.
  • Letty - Most of her attacks are 8-10% stronger
  • Latiya - Eagle Stab is stronger, Rhino Rush is much weaker. Kind of surprised it took this long to nerf Rhino Rush.
  • Hurk - Some greatsword moves do more damage. Active: Ultimatum does a little less damage.
  • Lann - Sword Lann's getting "toned down", with a few of his attacks doing less damage
  • Tessa - Moonstone brand adds more damage
  • Kael - A few of his moves do 10% more damage

2. Hero+ Mode is here for level 115 raids. So far that's Irusan, Emmett, and Jarnir. Transformation and ults can't be used in Hero+ Mode. There are no breakoffs. The enemies all have more HP. There's no tenacity (because no ults). It's impossible to stun enemies. Bosses hit harder. Bosses have new attack patterns.

There are a bunch of other caveats to know:
  • You can't do Hero+ through Quick Battle, and you can't bring in pets or comrades
  • Hero+ costs double equipment durability, two departure counts, and double Fatigue
  • Winning a Hero+ raid gets you double gold, double exp, double Deific Devotion points, and of course double drops
  • If you want to use a Resenlian Battle Completion Scroll, you'll need two of them
  • Every Hero+ Raid has a new title you can earn

Completing a Hero+ raid doesn't give bravery seals. Instead, it gives something new called an "Extreme Seal". Extreme Seals can be exchanged for two bravery seals, but they can also be exchanged for Superior Enhancement Elixirs, Intermediate Element Stones, and a new soap: "Hero's Aromatic Bath Soap". It's basically a Fine Aromatic Bath Soap, but with +1 to CRIT RTE and CRIT RES for some reason. So it's better than a fine soap and you should seek them out.

There's also news about [Special] dungeons. They no longer change every day and you can choose which one you want to run. This also means you can do a raid train and run all three in a day. Technically, this results in fewer departures per week so they also improved drop rates.

3. More titles for the Ancient Title Destiny Box. Good. I like titles. They got stuff from old events. They have titles from obsolete battles, like the one for running Meet the Cave Spider thirty times. They've also got Onslaught titles, titles for wrestling kills, grindy titles for S1, S2, and S3 battles. Note that for grindy titles, you can still earn them normally and they modified just about all of them to require fewer kills or wins. So, you might not have to take them from the box.

4. Certain airtight items can be sent through the mail, so you don't have to put stuff like gacha outfits on the market to sell them.

Hero pass is back

quote:

Winter Hero Pass Event

Event Period: 12/19/2023 - 01/30/2024
Battle pass is back. Complete missions to get exp to level up the pass. Free path has a bunch of winter voice emotes. Ultimate reward is a Clone Outfit Crafting Box. It's still not worth paying for the premium line because it's really expensive, but at least it'll give you a 30-Day VVIP capsule, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, and two more outfit clone boxes. But my real complaint is that you don't get any exp for running RAR. There are four gimme missions and then you either run four raids, two redeemers, or ten level 60+ normal battles. Kind of lovely.

Secret Santa

quote:

Colhen's Secret Santa Event

Event Period: 12/19/2023 (Tue) - 01/02/2024 (Tue)
Complete all of your daily missions to get three "The Strange Traveler's Request". There are three days' worth of rewards. You can get an outfit hat, a balloon, and finally a title. Also, for some reason they announced Christmas changes here. Colhen is decorated for Christmas. The Colhen music is now that Christmas remix I posted last year. Mercs have Christmas dialogue and you can buy seasonal emotes with friendship seals.

On the road to jambalaya

quote:

Crimson's Culinary Clash!

Event Period: 12/19/2023 - 01/23/2024 (5 Weeks)

Exchange Shop: 12/19/2023 - 01/30/2024 (6 Weeks)
Log in and get a "Culinary Clash Participation Box", once per account. It has a time-limited chef's hat and the rules for the event. Run raids of any sort (normal, redeemers, RAR, [Special]) or Red Moon to collect ingredients and coupons. Use the ingredients to craft dock food. Exchange the coupons for gift boxes. You can open boxes to get dye ampoules, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, HP potions, AP capsules, and a permanent chef's outfit. I'd say this is a decent event. Not too demanding, lots of ways to participate. Lets you use Cooking, which doesn't see much action most of the time.

Next GM Coin event is up

quote:

GM Coin S3 Secret Santa

Event Period: 12/19 (Tue) after weekly maintenance - 1/2 (Tue) before weekly maintenance
After you finish an instance of the Secret Santa event, take a screenshot of your character wearing whatever you got as a reward. Post that on the Discord. If enough people do that, we all get GM Coins. Meanwhile, the last event got enough submissions, so here's the code: MEMEDICTUS2311.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 22, 2023

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Surprise giveaway from Allanon:

quote:

DEV Allanon's Happy New Year Event

Event Period: 2024.01.01 - 2024.01.14 (UTC)

Hello! I'm DEV Allanon.

Thank you for all your support and love for Vindictus over the years.

Looking back on 2023, it's disappointing that I could not reach all the goals I wanted to.

I hope you were able to achieve all your goals in 2023, and that the new year brings even more joy into your lives.

We'll work hard to make sure that our game brings you some extra happiness.

Happy New Year!

Thank you!
Log in to get a box with goodies in it. The box contains a title, a mask outfit destiny box that grants a cat mask or elchulus headgear, a blue dye ampoule destiny box, a 7-day VVIP capsule, and a letter containing the message I already quoted up there. It's an okay reward, but why blue dye specifically?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwz6FZrgyRk

Maintenance happened and we have a new event.

Fish Bun Fun Wheel

quote:

Fish Bun Fun Wheel Event

Event Period: 1/2/2024 (Tue) - 1/23/2024 (Tue)

Fish Bun season is back!

The Strange Traveler has begun selling extraordinary Fish Bun snacks.

The great Red Bean vs. Custard Fish Bun debate is finally over...

You don't choose the Fish Bun. The Fish Bun chooses you, through the prize wheel!
I don't know what they're talking about. Fish Bun season is not "back." I have never celebrated "Fish Bun Season."

Oh right, the event: do your daily missions to get Fish Bun Tickets. Use the tickets to spin the prize wheel. Every reward is a box that looks like a fish bun and it contains several rewards. There are four flavors of bun and thus four different reward boxes. Each bun contains a seal (type depends on flavor), an Equipment Durability Protection potion (quality depends on flavor), a 100 AP capsule, a Jardin Steel, and "Fish Bun God's Blessing." Blessings can be exchanged for goodies like Superior Enhancement Elixirs, emblems, a new title, Resenlian scrolls, and Exquisite HP Potions

It's an alright event. I like titles and emblems. It has decently good synergy with the ongoing winter pass event, too. It's weird that there's nothing here to eat for buffs, despite the theme.

UPDATE: drat near forgot that a GM Coin event ended. The code is VINDISANTA2312.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 4, 2024

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The PVP content is being removed, but did anyone ever even play it?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Schubalts posted:

The PVP content is being removed, but did anyone ever even play it?
Siege and arena are pretty popular for seal trading, just like mag mell was. I don't think anyone does fruit fight, since it's no longer required for a quest and festival trophies are the only reward. Alban Festival's been a better way to farm trophies ever since it came out. Personally, I didn't like doing any of that poo poo and I got my triumph medals and festival trophies by hitting up the guildhouse seal vending machine every day.

Hey, didn't Allanon say he was striving for transparency and openness? Why haven't we gotten an explanation for all this? For how long has DevCat been planning this? And is this why some raids drop artifacts?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure they're removing it because they know people only do it to trade seals and it's not worth the upkeep.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and there's a new quasi-event for Sou, whose release is scheduled to happen next week.

Free stuff for Sou-wanters

quote:

Sou Celebratory Package Event

Event Period: 1/16 (Tue) - 2/27 (Tue)

You’ll get the Sou Celebratory Package via mail on the character you first log in with during the event period. (Once per account)
Log in within the next month and a half to get a box that only a Sou can open. It contains an outfit box, a title, a 30-day inner armor pass, and a permanent storage chest expansion ticket. You know, the usual.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

They released a new mini-devtalk a couple of hours ago. It's all text so you might like reading it on your own. If you want a summary:
  • Allanon says that "the most important and urgent issue is to improve our structure through max level expansion.​" He does not explain what that means but promises he will provide another update soon.
  • Character rebalancing is coming in February or March and it's important because there are big gaps in character performance in Hero+ mode and Eisen Ritter
  • They're trying to add more player-suggested outfits and they're going to try and add more hairstyles. Hair's usually sidelined because it's hard to make but Allanon really wants more hair so they're gonna try for more hair.
  • They're trying to implement an event that will free up all long-inactive character names. They also want to add a "House name" that represents your entire account.
  • They want to improve Ein Lacher soon
  • They want to simplify the leveling process and their leading idea is to add a way to skip dialogue entirely
  • They want to "make a system where you can feel more connected to your character" and they're promising to do it next year
  • They want to add more channels to facilitate two-way communication between players and the devs, instead of relying on dev talks and the occasional survey
I'm excited for the House name concept because I bet it will lead to something I've wanted for years: the friend list being account-wide. As for everything else, I either don't care or don't know if I should care because it's irritatingly vague on so many points.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXk1LBvIqU

Maintenance happened and we have a new character.

Update 3.08

quote:

Ver. 3.08 Update Note

Table of Contents
    1. New Character: Sou
    2. Friendship Skills
    3. PVP
    4. Battle
    5. Items
    6. Misc.

1. Sou is the new hero. He wields "Oriental Blades", which can be crafted by Weaponsmiths. He also has two exclusive equipment sets. One requires Tailoring and one requires Armorsmithing. And of course he's been added to the Partholon Vanguard and the Merc Lounge. His favorites gifts are Energy Drinks and Fresh Iced Strawberry Brandy. Finally, there's a dev note saying that Sou was going to look very different compared to other playable characters, but they changed it after people complained. Anyone who rolls a Sou will get "Sou's Wrinkles", which is a face tattoo/scar item you can equip to make him look as old as he's supposed to be.

2. They added the friendship skill for Charon and Achel.

3. PvP is loving dead. Everything's gone, even Duels. Triumph Medals can still be spent in the triumph seal shop for one more month, or you can exchange them for Bravery Seals at a 2:1 ratio. However, they changed things around so you can get the unique rewards in other ways. If you want PvP gear for the looks, you can get it by spending Bravery Seals in Rocheste. PvP-related titles are now in the Ancient Title Destiny Box. PvP emblems can still be purchased and they won't be abandoned, judging from the fact that Sou's Oriental Blades emblem has been added to the pile.
You can buy artifacts with Daily Mission tickets. They also added new TP potions that can be purchased with Daily Mission tickets. These are not potions that give TP directly, but rather potions that give you more TP when you use transformation. Which is a problem if you buy a bunch and use them all and then realize you wasted them because you're not gonna use trans three times in the next twenty-four hours you got places to be goddammit

4. They fixed a few bugs. They also added practice mode for Redeemers and Space Time Distortion. The main reason to use practice mode is that you're allowed unlimited potion use and revives, and doing so doesn't even consume potions or graces.

5. New outfit slot for non-totem offhanders. Specifically Fiona, Arisha, and Achel since their equipment actually has appearances. The downside is that you need to buy an offhand destiny box from the supply shop, same as with brandishes. Finally, a lot of bugfixes, mostly cosmetic.

6. More bugfixes, also mostly cosmetic.

Sou What

quote:

Sou: Night Raven Swordsman

Hello, this is Vindictus.

We introduce you to the 24th hero of Vindictus, Sou.

Sou is a male character that uses the Oriental Blades, which consist of the Kodachi and Odachi.

The Oriental Blades are a pair of weapons Sou learned to use as a guard in the Heaven's Palace of Geongon.

Depending on the combat situation, Sou is able to use the Kodachi for quick and nimble strikes, or the Odachi for devastating attacks that cover a large area.

Combining these two with Sou's unique sword technique, Shattered Sky, demonstrates versatile combat techniques across the battlefield.
Sou's big gimmick is that like bow Kai, he can change between two different weapons during battle. Also, some of his active skills will have different effects based on which weapon he has out when he activates them.

Obligatory leveling event

quote:

Special Mission: Level Up to 115

Period: 1/23 - 2/27 (5 weeks)
Log in with a character below level 30 and get a nesting box. It includes everything you'd expect from a new character level-up box, including a new title for Sous only.

Bitches, Brew up some reviews
Play Sou, write a review of him. If enough people submit their reviews on the Discord, everybody gets a 3-day VVIP capsule. Yay.

Golden Time

quote:

PLUS Golden Time Event

Event: 1/23 (Tue) - 3/26 (Tue)

Exchange Shop: 1/23 (Tue) - 4/2 (Tue)
Good bonuses going on. More EXP, more AP, faster Expertise proficiency gain. Also, bonus drops on weekends. Run battles of all sorts to get golden coupon, and like before you can trade the coupons for goodies and bonus coins and the coins can be traded for even more goodies. There's also a login event that gives plenty of great rewards, including a surprising number of Grade 3 shards. Once again, the bonus coin shop has a special set of rewards that aren't available until later, but there isn't anything there that's really new.

Obligatory gathering dungeon event

quote:

Welcome, Sou! Gathering Dungeon Event

Event Period: 1/23 - 2/27
The event is the same as always. There aren't even any new goodies to buy from the essence shop.

Obligatory redeemers & ein lacher event

quote:

New Mercs Redeemers & Ein Lacher Event

Event Period: 1/23 - 2/27
Rookies have more time to get it together in Redeemer raids. You also get a bonus box when you complete a Redeemer raid. In Ein Lacher, you can get a gold medal even if you get hit four times.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 25, 2024

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have two more events.

AP Dice event

quote:

AP Savings Dice Event

Event Period: 2/6 - 2/27

Dice Use Period: 2/6 - 3/5
A rerun of Gallagher's board game. Stay logged in to get dice, then use the dice to move around the board and get rewards. Rewards include Shards, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, graces, and Exquisite HP Potions. Not bad.

Golden Pig event

quote:

Lucky Golden Pig Event

Event Period: 2/6/2024 - 2/27/2024

Event Info

Golden Pig Tickets drop in Lv. 30+ Normal Battle + Raid Battle during the event
Drops up to 20 per week. 60 total drops during the event period (claim via account mail).
Shareable within account. Expire on 2/27/2024 at 7AM UTC.

Another "feed the bitmap" event. Run normal battles or raids and receive Golden Pig Tickets. Feed them to the pig to get rewards. You can get more AP, more Shards, and more Superior Enhancement Elixirs. There's also a new title, dye ampoules, unstable runes, and a destiny box containing an object. If you've missed a previous object giveaway, you might find it in this box. Finally, if you max out the pig, you can keep feeding it for New Year Blessing Coupons. They're a buff item that will boost your ATT/M.ATT, ATK SPD, and LUK for two hours. It's an alright event. Synergizes well with the golden time ticket event.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 6, 2024

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omp9lw-lsiY

Version 3.09

quote:

Ver. 3.09 Update

Table of Contents
1. Vindictus: Season 4 Episode 8, "Sidhe Palace"
2. Character
3. Battle
4. Item
5. Misc.
1. New raid. It's called "Sidhe Palace" and the boss is named Bres. She drops Orna mats and two different ring essences. Equipping both rings gets you a set bonus of CRIT RTE +2. Finally, Bres drops a scroll, Stylish, which is for hand and feet armor. They also gave another scroll drop to Jarnir. It's called Adversarial and it's for rings.

2. One of Sou's attacks has a higher range. That's it.

3. If you have Full Force on a character, it won't trigger when fighting minibosses. This is primarily to keep you from wasting it on the midboss in Red Moon dungeons.

105 raid bosses, from Cesar to Tarathan, have 10% less HP. Devs say they worry that these battles are too hard for newbies. They aren't going to make any other changes yet because these bosses are still supposed to be a challenge. In lieu of a damage nerf, they're boosting the DEF bonus from Goddess Guidance.

4. Skill Reset Capsules now make you completely unlearn a skill, if the skill didn't come free with your character. People asked for this. I don't know why.

5. The game will now warn you if you try to solo depart for a raid and you're not max level. Turns out it's a thing for newbies to ignore the "this content is meant for parties" message you get when you start doing real raids. Now there's a second "this content is meant for parties" message for them to ignore.

In the hall of the vampire king

quote:

Sidhe Palace: Bres

Today we would like to introduce our new raid, "Sidhe Palace."

You can depart for Sidhe Palace in Toward Taratha, through the Sen Mag Forest region.

The hero's party explores deeper into those woods following Seanna, who experienced a prophetic vision.

As they emerge the party discovers Sidhe Palace, the resting place of an incarcerated king who spent the final years of his life alone.

Entering a garden full of red roses, the hero encounters the new master of this previously abandoned palace.

Bres is the commander of a vampire army... and revels in sadistic slaughter.

With powerful attacks harnessing blood, Bres intends to force the party into a desperate situation.
She looks like Tessa but with blood magic instead of gem magic. Pretty good idea to go and check the description of her big moves before trying to fight her. Or you can watch a video. Videos are good too. As you might expect, there's an additional departure event.

The other obligatory raid event

quote:

Goddess Gift Raid Event

Event Period: 2/27/2024 (Tue) - 3/26/2024 (Tue)
Win normal or [Special] raids to earn Goddess Coins, limit 25 per character per week. Coins can be exchanged for goodies like Mysterious/Abyssal Shards, unstable runes, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, dye ampoules, and Golden Ein Lacher Destiny Boxes. Not a great event but if you're already raiding for Golden Time Coupons then it's a nice bonus.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TgYgJ1_r4

Maintenance happened two nights ago and we have... a new game?!

Do you love Vindictus? Do you think hell is other people? I have great news!

quote:

Message from the Dev Team Regarding a New Game Using the Vindictus IP

Hello. This is DEV Allanon, the Director of Vindictus.

I would like to deliver the official statement from the dev team to our players following the announcement that Nexon's newly developed game using the Vindictus IP, "Vindictus: Defying Fate," will be entering a pre-alpha test on Steam.

"Vindictus: Defying Fate" is a brand-new game that is being developed.

Due to its use of the Vindictus IP, the game will contain familiar characters, NPCs, region names, monsters, and certain outfits.

However, "Vindictus: Defying Fate" is being developed as a single-player focused game, aiming to be released on console and PC platforms, which moves it in a very different direction from the original Vindictus.

Since their gameplay differs this will have no impact on the service of Vindictus during the development of "Vindictus: Defying Fate," both now and in the future when it is released.

Vindictus is still planning to provide content for both short and long-term play, starting with our upcoming progression structure improvements in April and soon followed by our max level expansion this May.

We will continue to actively deliver our updates and our talks with you, like we have been doing, and as ever we'll do our best to include what you players want to see.

We anticipate that "Vindictus: Defying Fate" will be an opportunity to spread the IP even further out while we continue to maintain Vindictus as the original, and we will work hard to maintain the charm of the original Vindictus that we have built alongside our players.

We hope to get your continued support for our franchise.

I would like to thank all of our Vindictus players, and I wish nothing but happiness and health for you all.

Thank you!

(Any and all update schedule on the notice is based on KR Service)
I think I would be more impressed by the trailer if it showed more than one playable character, or any other enemy type besides gnolls. But it still looks neat.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 28, 2024

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
Color me curious. I've tried a couple times to get into Vindictus and the combat is fun enough, but the MMO-ness of it eventually always puts me off (plus all the cruft of a game that's been iterated on for a decade and a half).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Ah poo poo, something else happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWNMTbPWDtI

Dev Talk 7. First half of the video is about what's coming in the next several months, but it's light on details.
  • March: Character Balance patch is on schedule. The focus on this one is "damage". They also want to improve the leveling experience around the same time.
  • April: Wardrobe skills will be updated. Clone outfit boxes will be easier to get and outfit items will get five dye preset slots instead of three. There will also be more emotes and emblems and such.
  • May: KR should get the level cap increase, along with a new story raid. They also want to revamp Ein Lacher around this time.
  • June: Follow-up character balance patch. This one focuses on utility. They also intend to add the house name system and revamp the mood system around this time.
  • July: A new character is coming. It's a female character and Allanon says this character will be someone we've seen before.
The second half of the video is specifically about what's going to happen when the 120 update comes. They intend to make level 120 equipment really hard to craft; they're going to increase the Expertise caps and make you hit that new cap on a level 120 character. This level of Expertise will not be account-shareable. You will also need to have fully-matsynthed +15 Orna gear to use as ingredients. Apparently they think the compass upgrade system for Space Time Distortion is really popular and fun so it's going to resemble that. I recommend watching the Dev Talk vid yourself because I don't think I can summarize it accurately. Because it's crazy.

Allanon promises that even though it sounds crazy, it's addressing a common complaint and is therefore good. This is all part of a plan to deal with the problem of crafting new gear and finding that it sucks compared to the lower-level gear you'd been upgrading up to that point. He also wants everyone to remember that this poo poo is designed to torture the worst people you know: whales who spend lots of money on giving their characters the biggest numbers and fattest asses. So, you know, normal people shouldn't panic yet.

All this is also part of an Expertise revamp. Allanon wants to make Expertise more useful. Making it necessary for crafting the latest gear is one part of it. They're are also going to make it possible to use Expertise to turn equipment into outfit items. Holy poo poo it's finally happening. Man, talk about burying the lede.

Finally, there's the obligatory giveaway coupon: READYFOR120. It's a box. It contains a dye ampoule, a quality boost coupon, Superior Enhancement Elixirs, and New Era mats. What, no VVIP?

Noper Q posted:

Color me curious. I've tried a couple times to get into Vindictus and the combat is fun enough, but the MMO-ness of it eventually always puts me off (plus all the cruft of a game that's been iterated on for a decade and a half).
I like Vindictus, the MMO, because I like raiding with people. I don't like the idea of playing "Vindictus but it's all solo boss fights", because that's stressful to me.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 29, 2024

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah a single player Vindictus doesn't sound like fun to me, was hoping it was a big revamp to the main game instead or hell just a sequel mmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Allanon's Dev Talk got people asking a lot of questions already answered by his Dev Talk, because he explained things poorly. Thus, an update:

The dev talks and explains the Dev Talk

quote:

[DevTalk] DevTalk Afterwords

Hello. This is DEV Allanon, the Director of Vindictus.

First, I'd like to apologize for the late Dev Talk.
I've promised earlier that it'll be revealed by the end of the month.

In fact, it was originally planned to be disclosed on the 23rd.

But due to unexpected internal reasons, we had to delay the release by a week.
If further explanation is needed like this time, I will endeavor to expand our communication channels as much as possible.

In response to feedback from many of our players who felt burdened by the Expertise Proficiency, I've decided to double the Proficiency and Crafting Speed until the Max Level Update.

Additionally, to build anticipation for the new female character, I dropped a hint during the Dev Talk.
Another clue: she is related to a specific character.

Although it was unintentional, I inadvertently spoiled a recently updated storyline.

I will take greater care to prevent such situations from occurring in the future.

Here are some of the inquiries we've received in a Q&A format.

Q: Would LV.120 equipment only be craftable through Expertise?
A: Yes, LV.120 equipment is planned to be exclusively crafted through Expertise.

This includes weapons, armor, totems, and accessories.

To avoid any confusion, there will be no changes in the equipment available for crafting through each Expertise.

Q: Is maximizing Expertise Proficiency mandatory?
A: No, it is not mandatory to have maximum Expertise Proficiency to obtain LV.120 equipment.

Alternatively, you can request assistance from other players with the required Expertise level to craft the equipment for you.

You may also use binded materials and items when requesting the craft from others.

Q: When crafting LV.120 equipment, will Power Infusion and Quality be transferred?
A: We do not plan to transfer Power Infusion and Quality when crafting LV.120 equipment.

However, enchants will be transferred when using the Extraction Rune during the crafting process.

Q: Will LV.120 Armor be updated in the order of [Head – Chest – Leg – Hand – Foot]?
A: The plan for updating LV120 equipment is as follows:

[There's a table here. Go to the page if you want to see it.]

Q: Will LV.120 equipment require no enhancement? Does this mean Superior Enhancement Elixir, Enhancement Rune, and Premium Enhancement Rune will no longer be needed?
A: Even after reaching LV120, our plan is to retain the necessity of these items when upgrading the item tier.

Q: Will there be a success rate for the LV.120 equipment upgrade?
A: We intend to remove any possibility aspects from the upgrade process.

Players will only need the required materials for the upgrade.We'll monitor closely to determine if further explanation is necessary.

The next Dev Talk is scheduled for April.

Until then, take care.

Thank you.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Yeah a single player Vindictus doesn't sound like fun to me, was hoping it was a big revamp to the main game instead or hell just a sequel mmo.
I hope that the knowledge gained from this project can somehow be translated into a decent Vindi sequel. But that would require this spinoff to be successful. I'm not really hopeful, given what's happened to the other Vindi spinoff.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 29, 2024