Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Stopped playing shortly after the Evie revamp. Now with two more episodes and a shitton of events perhaps it is time to come back. Time to decide between Vella/Evie...

Vella and Kai are getting a revamp in Nov 2015 btw.

Yeah the endgame grind is real but all the cheap purple Lvl 90 stuff helps alot. Sadly, paradise stones are back to 400k each :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Alder posted:

Vella and Kai are getting a revamp in Nov 2015 btw.

Yeah the endgame grind is real but all the cheap purple Lvl 90 stuff helps alot. Sadly, paradise stones are back to 400k each :ghost:
And yet, somehow, people aren't running Ben Chenner Entrance or Trailhead to farm them :smith:

I thought Karok was next in line for a revamp? I mean, I know for sure he's getting a revamp, but shouldn't his come out before anyone else's?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

And yet, somehow, people aren't running Ben Chenner Entrance or Trailhead to farm them :smith:

I thought Karok was next in line for a revamp? I mean, I know for sure he's getting a revamp, but shouldn't his come out before anyone else's?

I thought his revamp was already announced?

Edit: next month is Kai/Vella just for korea we still get to wait 2 more years.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 27, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I thought the best place to get paradise stones is Miur? I think I got 2-3 paradise stones but BCE/TH take much longer and I can't solo them.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah Muir is by far the best source of paradise stones, I'm surprised few people seem to realise this. Often he drops me 3-4 stones each run(without lucky cores), make sure to go for his break off too since like all other s3 bosses his BO core count as a regular core which includes all drops on his loot table.
On top of that its a fast fight(5min with par time counted in, battle itself takes like 3-4min), only downside is that its a once per day fight, but hey that just means a reason to dust off some alts!

And about Evie sucking, I don't know how people play her, but she is by far one of the strongest chars in game atm especially with scythe, it is true that you do need to invest in some att spd for her(30+ at least) but way less so now then pre revamp where she was unplayable at low speed.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Choyi posted:

And about Evie sucking, I don't know how people play her, but she is by far one of the strongest chars in game atm especially with scythe, it is true that you do need to invest in some att spd for her(30+ at least) but way less so now then pre revamp where she was unplayable at low speed.

Maybe because my baseline is Vella... I fought story Regina as my first fight back in a couple months on my scythe Evie yesterday, never having fought Regina as a scythe before, and managed to only die once from a grab (she can grab you mid blink?? I guess my timing was off) and came in at 25% damage with my full-purple welfare Regina gear, which is better than I ever managed on my Vella with a bunch of practice.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number (2) comes from Controlled Black Hammer. Looks like we need to... Stop Hammer Time.

Choyi posted:

Yeah Muir is by far the best source of paradise stones, I'm surprised few people seem to realise this. Often he drops me 3-4 stones each run(without lucky cores), make sure to go for his break off too since like all other s3 bosses his BO core count as a regular core which includes all drops on his loot table.
On top of that its a fast fight(5min with par time counted in, battle itself takes like 3-4min), only downside is that its a once per day fight, but hey that just means a reason to dust off some alts!

Muir is the "best" source of stones if you're great at soloing. I'm not. I'm bad at soloing and Muir is a special kind of bullshit solo boss because of how easy it is to accidentally die and it takes me 15 minutes on any of my Muir-capable characters. And, as noted, you can only fight him 1/2 times per day per character.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Still, farming ben dungeons for paradise stones is terribly inefficient way to get them, since they are very rare to drop in there over awakening stones/secondary crafting materials. You are probably way better off farming s1 stuff for empowered stones and upgrading those into paradise ones instead.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Choyi posted:

Still, farming ben dungeons for paradise stones is terribly inefficient way to get them, since they are very rare to drop in there over awakening stones/secondary crafting materials. You are probably way better off farming s1 stuff for empowered stones and upgrading those into paradise ones instead.
I considered that, but it's ten empowered stones to a paradise stone and by this point you're really better off farming more valuable things, selling them, and then buying either type of stone.

EDIT: Actually, no, Colhen in Flames should still be a good way to farm empowered stones efficiently. It might even be better than Ben Chenner runs because that really does drop a lot of crap, doesn't it? You'd get maybe one paradise stone in twenty minutes.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 27, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Choyi posted:

Evie got better but I still find scythe to be overly clunky even with the 24h +15 weps. Staff improved a lot though since the last revamp. My motivation to get to Lvl 90 again is low until they release Sylas too.

Despite the lackaluster Halloween event I liked the Anniversary sales and bingo board even though the best thing I got from the boxes were unbinds :arghfist:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Lakoria. Do you know where Snakes go when they die?

Outer Heaven

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
How do you not like miur? I think he's one of the perfect fights in the game. I think he's super fun to fight along with the lionhead guy, but I can actually solo miur within reasonable time.

What I do to make money is buy cheap ingredients for empowered stones. Paradise stones are too expensive to make and people actually use the ingredients for decently high end equipment so it's a waste to make them rather than farm them.

I also go through like 50-60 clothe equipment and dismantle it, because that part, spirit water?, jumps up in price pretty often into 500k territory. Buy anything under 100k is a good price point I think. If you can get dozens of lvl40ish (the middle level element stones breakpoint) for under 20k you can build those up too.

You can make a lot of money buying and selling ingredients for: empowered stones, element stones, magic powders. Especially if you buy during the week and sell during weekend.

Snatch up cheap mana reformers, epic stones, blessed magic powder, average spirit water, and 60ish cheap cloth and bow/gun equipment to dismantle.

(MGS5 is Really Good)

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 28, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

darkhand posted:

How do you not like miur? I think he's one of the perfect fights in the game. I think he's super fun to fight along with the lionhead guy, but I can actually solo miur within reasonable time.
I have several complaints, but I think the most damning one is that you need to knock him off a ledge to win. The game implies that it's just a way to win early, but since you have to do it, it can prolong the fight past the point where it would have ended if you could just beat Muir into submission like every other boss in the game. However, the mechanic is fickle enough that you can spend a few minute hitting him for 1's because he refuses to end up at just the right spot to knock him off after his attack makes him vulnerable, or because you're on a character who's not mobile enough to easily take advantage of his vulnerability, or because the game straight-up refuses to acknowledge that you smashed him in the back.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 28, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah that's fair, I forget how frustrating that part is sometimes.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

darkhand posted:

Yeah that's fair, I forget how frustrating that part is sometimes.

It's trivial for me when I play Vella or Evie because chains can hit his back from the front, and blink-blade shift does it immediately, so on either I just stand by the end and wait for him to walk towards me. I imagine it would suck on a Fiona or something like that.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I have several complaints, but I think the most damning one is that you need to knock him off a ledge to win.

:agreed:

I can kill him but sometimes he just won't fall off the side. Right now, I'm really regretting adding awakenings on all my skills since I didn't realize how fast Ari burns through them all.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

:agreed:

I can kill him but sometimes he just won't fall off the side. Right now, I'm really regretting adding awakenings on all my skills since I didn't realize how fast Ari burns through them all.
I've only gotten two awakening on my Vella and I've already realized that oh hey I really shouldn't have vended all of those E- and F-rank awakening stones.

Speaking of stones, I have a question about fusing S3 gear: If I fuse a piece of gear to something, am I now limited in what I can do with the equipment's parts to upgrade it? Does fusing make it impossible to replace the main component or the stones? Can I, say, replace a Regina feather with a Braha essence without losing the fusion? You know, stuff like that.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
The only thing that resets is the enhancement rank when you change materials, and that only resets when you swap out the main core, secondary cores shouldn't reset anything.
So you can have a blue Regina chest armor fused with something, replace the core, and it will retain the fused look, unbind counts, dyes and scrolls, unless the core u replace it with can't have that rank scrolls(not likely to happen).

You can't switch main cores tho, like something made with Regina feather can't use a Braha essence, it will always be a Regina armor piece no matter what you change on it only its stats can be modified. But secondary materials can be changed nilly willy long as you have the ore, leather cloths etc for the replacement fee.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's bingo number comes from Lavasat. Remember to bring a cask of Amontillado for the lava god, Monstresor.

Choyi posted:

The only thing that resets is the enhancement rank when you change materials, and that only resets when you swap out the main core, secondary cores shouldn't reset anything.
So you can have a blue Regina chest armor fused with something, replace the core, and it will retain the fused look, unbind counts, dyes and scrolls, unless the core u replace it with can't have that rank scrolls(not likely to happen).

You can't switch main cores tho, like something made with Regina feather can't use a Braha essence, it will always be a Regina armor piece no matter what you change on it only its stats can be modified. But secondary materials can be changed nilly willy long as you have the ore, leather cloths etc for the replacement fee.
That lines up with what I've heard so far, but I wanted to confirm because none of the discussions I've seen have mentioned fusion. Too bad I just realized that I should hold off on fusion because switching any component is so expensive that I'm better off crafting new gear instead.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 29, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Ulchas and Thorn Laghodessa. I found out that the non-raid boss alternative drops numbers reliably this time around, so I'll mention them from now on.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I'm playing this game in the slowest manner possible. It is a good game imo to play in half hour to an hour chunks after work when I can't be bothered to play anything heavier, I get a bit bored playing for long stretches though. Basically every 3 days or so I run a dungeon a couple of times to clear all the objectives and oaths and get stuff, stop for half a week then repeat with the next dungeon. I'll probably reach the level cap in 10 years at this rate. It's fun though, very casual game to play. At least for leveling, I'm sure the endgame is a grindy pain in the arse.

Anyway, this is all fine and good but I loving hate the break off mechanic. I'm real bad at it. It is hard to do solo, which is basically how I have played the game 90% of the time and trying to do it with other people is a real crapshoot, with people who either don't care and just want to kill the boss as fast as possible or people who try, but are even shittier than me at it. Is there some way to trivialise them because I am poo poo at aiming spears.

Also, is the second and third season stuff you do after finishing the first season storyline or have I been missing things?

Speaking of missing things what is the point of the city? I went there once and it seemed kind of empty, and almost completely depopulated compared to the starting village which is always packed with people running around in their underwear.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuno posted:

I'm playing this game in the slowest manner possible. It is a good game imo to play in half hour to an hour chunks after work when I can't be bothered to play anything heavier, I get a bit bored playing for long stretches though. Basically every 3 days or so I run a dungeon a couple of times to clear all the objectives and oaths and get stuff, stop for half a week then repeat with the next dungeon. I'll probably reach the level cap in 10 years at this rate. It's fun though, very casual game to play. At least for leveling, I'm sure the endgame is a grindy pain in the arse.

Anyway, this is all fine and good but I loving hate the break off mechanic. I'm real bad at it. It is hard to do solo, which is basically how I have played the game 90% of the time and trying to do it with other people is a real crapshoot, with people who either don't care and just want to kill the boss as fast as possible or people who try, but are even shittier than me at it. Is there some way to trivialise them because I am poo poo at aiming spears.

Also, is the second and third season stuff you do after finishing the first season storyline or have I been missing things?

Speaking of missing things what is the point of the city? I went there once and it seemed kind of empty, and almost completely depopulated compared to the starting village which is always packed with people running around in their underwear.
The city you go to for quests starting in the late 50s. Breakoffs for the most part don't really matter, but you can make them easier with Sticky Bombs or by being a Kai (and to a lesser extent Chainblade Vella). You have to finish Season 1 and 2 before you can start Season 3 (which has a minimum level of 75 anyway).

The endgame is still good for short chunks of playtime. You can do a raid or two in that time since this game's raids are just "walk in and murder the boss" instead of hours-long trash clearing messes.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Titan and Slithering Mare. There seems to be some confusion as to whether there are two numbers, since it's the weekend and you're supposed to get two numbers on weekends. I'll keep an eye on the situation.

Bakalakadaka posted:

The city you go to for quests starting in the late 50s. Breakoffs for the most part don't really matter, but you can make them easier with Sticky Bombs or by being a Kai (and to a lesser extent Chainblade Vella). You have to finish Season 1 and 2 before you can start Season 3 (which has a minimum level of 75 anyway).

The endgame is still good for short chunks of playtime. You can do a raid or two in that time since this game's raids are just "walk in and murder the boss" instead of hours-long trash clearing messes.
Since you don't have to do any quests to run S2 and S3 raids, you can try to do them as soon as you reach the minimum level. Meanwhile, pubbies are so swole that they can paste any S3 bosses in twenty minutes or less and will do so without complaint if you can host without making them lag.

UPDATE: I found an explanation.

quote:

OneLetter said it changed to be only one number on Saturdays and two on Sundays, but the final Saturday of the event will have two numbers. The event page was changed to reflect this, although with more slightly confusing wording.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 31, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Since you don't have to do any quests to run S2 and S3 raids, you can try to do them as soon as you reach the minimum level. Meanwhile, pubbies are so swole that they can paste any S3 bosses in twenty minutes or less and will do so without complaint if you can host without making them lag.

I've been pleasantly surprised about this for everything except Regina. When I host pubbies they still manage to wipe on Regina if I've already used my party feathers.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today is Sunday. There are two numbers. Number 7 comes from Ahglan and Advisor Shamir. Number 8 comes from Longboot Matty and Bark No. 1. Do you know why 7 is afraid of 8? It's because 8 is dropped by the worst bosses ever.

UPDATE: The two babby stimulants, Dead Run and Lion's Roar, are incredibly good for Bark. If you're playing on Easy, you can cross the map in a few seconds with Dead Run, then one-shot all of the components with Lion's Roar. If you're not playing on easy, Dead Run will still let you cross the map incredibly quickly and it even lets you outrun explosions.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 2, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJeqOoc4HmI

Today's number comes from Siglint (the 8-man version) and the Giant Polar Bear (the Dethrone the White Tyrant version).

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I'm starting up, and since it sounds like there is no goon presence on the west server, I'm making a character on east, even though I live in the west. I play at odd hours for my timezone most of the time, but I'm not really worried about being able to group with people all the time, just would like the benefits of a guild. Which guild should I send an app to? I'd also welcome any tips or suggestions on what to focus on, like what skills I should pick up first and learn to use, etc. Playing as Hurk cause I love me some big fuckoff swords and it sounds like hes a pretty good solo character, since most of my time playing will probably be solo.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ougher posted:

I'm starting up, and since it sounds like there is no goon presence on the west server, I'm making a character on east, even though I live in the west. I play at odd hours for my timezone most of the time, but I'm not really worried about being able to group with people all the time, just would like the benefits of a guild. Which guild should I send an app to? I'd also welcome any tips or suggestions on what to focus on, like what skills I should pick up first and learn to use, etc. Playing as Hurk cause I love me some big fuckoff swords and it sounds like hes a pretty good solo character, since most of my time playing will probably be solo.

Not really, as East is slightly more populated than West. I'm also on East as Lexane so that's always a bonus. There's no official SA guild AFAIK though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Alder posted:

Not really, as East is slightly more populated than West. I'm also on East as Lexane so that's always a bonus. There's no official SA guild AFAIK though.

There isn't, though a good number of us are in Lion Heart, land of OP Fiona's.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hey man, I came in (a distant, distant) second in damage in a couple raids this weekend (to an OP Fiona).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Hey man, I came in (a distant, distant) second in damage in a couple raids this weekend (to an OP Fiona).

In most s2 stuff I can keep up with Tree and Aldice, but s3 I fall behind since I am not at damage cap for it.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Colru the Golem and Barnacle Bill the non-golem. Unless you think zombies are golems. Why would you, anyway?

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I saw this guild mentioned in the OP, and went ahead and sent a request. My IGN is the same as here, so if any of you cool dudes want to let someone who can approve it know that I too am a cool dude, that would be swell.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Ougher posted:

I saw this guild mentioned in the OP, and went ahead and sent a request. My IGN is the same as here, so if any of you cool dudes want to let someone who can approve it know that I too am a cool dude, that would be swell.

Taken care of :getin:

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Bakalakadaka posted:

Taken care of :getin:

Who do I have to bribe, and how much, to get to use all of those sweet sweet title armorsets?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Who do I have to bribe, and how much, to get to use all of those sweet sweet title armorsets?

Just beg admins until one of them has nothing better to do than shuffle items around.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

NEVERMIND

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 4, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmWYVdN8ug

Today's number comes from Lionotus and Earthshaker Zaka. I have no jokes to make about these bosses. They're ridiculous. They're not even fun.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmWYVdN8ug

Today's number comes from Lionotus and Earthshaker Zaka. I have no jokes to make about these bosses. They're ridiculous. They're not even fun.

Zaka is easy and Lionotus was a cool fight with the bombing gimmick that doesn't really matter now that he's easily out-geared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Zaka is easy and Lionotus was a cool fight with the bombing gimmick that doesn't really matter now that he's easily out-geared.

Just brute forcing Lio is kind of cathartic.