Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Today's number comes from Irukul. For some reason, people on the forums are having trouble finding the second source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today is Friday and the number is 13. Too spoopy, or just spoopy enough? Well, that's all beside the point, which is that today's number comes from Keaghan and Slithering Mare. Did you know they recently redubbed all of Keaghan's dialogue for some reason? Somehow they made some of the cutscenes worse.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Pantheum and Succubus. I just realized they both fight with scythes. Maybe they're related.

UPDATE: gently caress running Hero Succubus

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 7, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It's Sunday. Did you go to church today? Did you call your grandma? I didn't. My grandmas are dead and so is God.

Number 15:
- Combat Master Kickkich (Strong Drink, Rocheste)
- Blood Prince (Blood Prince, Colhen)

Number 16:
- Kraken (From The Depths/Devil in the Water, Malina)
- Rampage (Ruins of Sanctity, Colhen)

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emAe6IClGys

Today's number comes from Red Ruins and Silent Blade. This is one time the raid is easier than the non-raid.

Also: After fighting Keaghan with a scythe Evie, I've decided Evie isn't so bad. She's still not great, but she definitely has moments where she's more fun than my other characters.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 9, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Number 18 comes from Ingkells (Central Garden, Rocheste) and Kamina (Ship Graveyard, Malina). Ingkells. Kamina. Ingkells. Kamina...

P.S. Loool

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Number 19 comes from Excavator Gianoo (Misty Moonlight, Malina). No one knows what the raid is yet.

There's a Nexon Player Appreciation Event starting tomorrow and it seems pretty crappy. Graces, blessing stones, seven days of VVIP, and a seven-day Cadet Badge. Woo. Cool. And it's one character per account.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Number 19 comes from Excavator Gianoo (Misty Moonlight, Malina). No one knows what the raid is yet.

There's a Nexon Player Appreciation Event starting tomorrow and it seems pretty crappy. Graces, blessing stones, seven days of VVIP, and a seven-day Cadet Badge. Woo. Cool. And it's one character per account.

I lost interest in bingo after missing 2x numbers but lol divine stones all over again. I guess I'll just stack the LUK badge with the Devotion ring for 3x the junk drops :v:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

I lost interest in bingo after missing 2x numbers but lol divine stones all over again. I guess I'll just stack the LUK badge with the Devotion ring for 3x the junk drops :v:
Somehow my Lynn and Evie missed number 9 and I'm mad because I know I fought that bear on all of my characters goddammit. Still, I'm on track to get three gatchapons so I won't give up. Though I do wonder how I'm supposed to get today's bingo number (which is from Titan, in case anyone cares) when they keep extending maintenance... :gonk:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's number comes from Desert Roc and Regina. I don't have any new jokes prepared for these bosses. Desert The Roc? Can you loot what he's cooking? gently caress...

Don't forget that there will be two numbers Saturday (that's tomorrow) and not just on Sunday.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 13, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

UPDATE: gently caress running Hero Succubus

It's what she wants :shepface:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Number 22:
- Cromm Cruaich (God of Death, Malina)
- Shining Shakarr (The Fomorian Leader, Colhen)

Number 23:
- Brahae (Island Ruins/Twists in Time, Ben Chenner)
- Succubus Queen (Queen of the Cursed, Niflheim)

People are losing their poo poo over a number requiring you to be 80+ and geared to heck. They're perfectly right to do so.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 14, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Number 24:
- Havan (Guardian, Malina)
- Zecallion (Requiem of the Lost One, Niflheim)

Number 25:
- Lord Glas (Temple of the Fallen Moon/Light and Shadows, Ben Chenner)
- Blood Lord Reborn (Refuge of the Dead, Niflheim)

Oh boy, it's another number that you need to be 80+ to get. People have suggested this is a ham-handed way to get people to buy bingo numbers, but:

- Most players are missing the numbers on their alts, not their mains
- Most players would rather buy the commander's package because it's cheaper than two bingo pouches
- This whole thing is pissing people off so they refuse to buy anything

I wonder how this is all going to wash out.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 15, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I always have to question when people are trying to debate whether or not buying a $3 pouch for $4 is worth it. Welp, I hope everyone enjoys their scrolls.

There's still S3 Episode 4 and a new chara launch to look forward to in the next few months.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Number 24:
- Havan (Guardian, Malina)
- Zecallion (Requiem of the Lost One, Niflheim)

Number 25:
- Lord Glas (Temple of the Fallen Moon/Light and Shadows, Ben Chenner)
- Blood Lord Reborn (Refuge of the Dead, Niflheim)

Oh boy, it's another number that you need to be 80+ to get. People have suggested this is a ham-handed way to get people to buy bingo numbers, but:

- Most players are missing the numbers on their alts, not their mains
- Most players would rather buy the commander's package because it's cheaper than two bingo pouches

I waded into that debate in the forums and had some fun pointing out that they're getting up in arms about their alts.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

If they really cared about their alts then they would also be level 90 and geared and have 400+ titles. Then this wouldn't be a problem.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

If they really cared about their alts then they would also be level 90 and geared and have 400+ titles. Then this wouldn't be a problem.
They don't care about the alts; they care about ~Free Stuff~

Also, there's a "new" event. It's that stupid Gold Junior Chieftain upgrade event so it's not new. It's also completely irrelevant to your life if you don't already have a junior chieftain pet now or in the near future. This is arguably better than an event that encourages you to play on alts you don't like.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

thats what i said

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

also, holding onto that G has finally payed off!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

They don't care about the alts; they care about ~Free Stuff~

Also, there's a "new" event. It's that stupid Gold Junior Chieftain upgrade event so it's not new. It's also completely irrelevant to your life if you don't already have a junior chieftain pet now or in the near future. This is arguably better than an event that encourages you to play on alts you don't like.

I like free stuff. Also, the boxes have enhance/enchant runes which is always nice. Not going to farm because farming is terrible but I'd be happy if I got another free rune.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

I like free stuff. Also, the boxes have enhance/enchant runes which is always nice. Not going to farm because farming is terrible but I'd be happy if I got another free rune.

stack of 3 enhance runes was nice to stash away from hoagie

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hagie is coming eventually I guess I don't see what this event has to do with him but whatever

quote:

A mysterious visitor has ventured into the town of Colhen, and rumors fly between the townspeople, voices whispering in hushed alarm as Fergus is suddenly giving far better deals than normal on his repairs, and now powerful items are just appearing out of nowhere as others wake in the morning. Whatever is happening, some speculate that this traveler is somehow responsible.

Over the next five weeks, ending Sunday, December 27th, weekly bonuses and a massive attendance event are coming to Vindictus as a new player makes his way into town, and our new friend is just warming up...

Phantom Mage Attendance Event

Rewards are coming for every day for the next five weeks! This Attendance Event works the same as the ones in the past: Every day you login to Vindictus you'll get a new prize down the list automatically rewarded. If you miss a day, you won't miss the next day's prize or have to start over, you'll keep going down the list next time you login. You can't miss too many days, however: you have 35 days to claim 28 days worth of prizes if you want the big rewards at the end of the list!

code:
Event Name 	Phantom Mage Attendance Event
Event Start 	Monday, November 23rd, 2015
Event End 	Sunday, December 27th, 2015
What 	Login Every Day to claim your prizes
Rewards 	

Day 1: 1x AP 100 Capsule
    Day 2: 2x SP Recovery Potions
    Day 3: 2x Goddess Graces
    Day 4: 10x Merc Recovery Potions
    Day 5: 1x AP 200 Capsule
    Day 6: 3 Day VIP Service
    Day 7: 15x Merc Recovery Potions
    Day 8: 3x Divine Blessing Stones
    Day 9: 3x Goddess Graces
    Day 10: 10x Merc Recovery Potions
    Day 11: 1x AP 200 Capsule
    Day 12: 2x SP Recovery Potions
    Day 13: 3x Divine Blessing Stones
    Day 14: 3 Day VIP Service
    Day 15: 1x Goddess Grace (Party)
    Day 16: 1x Enhancement Rune
    Day 17: 2x SP Recovery Potions
    Day 18: 1x AP 300 Capsule
    Day 19: 5x Party Merc Recovery Potions
    Day 20: 5x Divine Blessing Stones
    Day 21: 5x Unbind Potions
    Day 22: Gold Star AP Attendance Box 
        Contains an AP Capsule with between 1000 and 10000 AP
    Day 23: 15x Merc Recovery Potions
    Day 24: 3x Divine Blessing Stones
    Day 25: 3x Goddess Graces
    Day 26: 1x Premium Enhancement Rune
    Day 27: 1x AP 200 Capsule
    Day 28: 1x Skill Reset Capsule

Notes 	

Missing a day will not cause you to skip a prize or restart from Day 1.
    Each Day starts at 10:00 AM PST.
Phantom Mage Boost Event

Boosts are also coming over the next five weeks, making the war against the Fomors just a little easier. Each week will alternate between making your gear cheaper to repair, so that it stops being in danger of falling off after a stiff breeze, and making the Random Dye system's fees cheaper, so your armor can look its best before it gets torn to shreds. The final two weeks will have a special bonus as well, giving double EXP and AP between the hours of 5 PM and 9 PM PST!
code:
Event Name 	Phantom Mage Boost Event
Event Start 	Monday, November 23rd, 2015
Event End 	Sunday, December 27th, 2015
2x EXP/AP
5:00 PM - 9:00 PM PST 	

Monday, December 14th - Sunday, December 27th

Weekly Boosts 	

Monday, November 23rd - Sunday, November 29th: 50% Repair Fee Discount
    Monday, November 30th - Sunday, December 6th: 50% Dye Fee Discount
    Monday, December 7th - Sunday, December 13th: 50% Repair Fee Discount
    Monday, December 14th - Sunday, December 20th: 50% Dye Fee Discount
    Monday, December 21st - Sunday, December 27th: 50% Repair Fee Discount
I like that you can miss several days without missing out on prizes. I also like that you don't have to do any work to get the prizes. I only have to log in the characters that I want to play!

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 24, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am OK with logging in for free garbage.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

I like that you can miss several days without missing out on prizes. I also like that you don't have to do any work to get the prizes. I only have to log in the characters that I want to play!

Is the Premium Enhancement Rune the +11 rune? I don't remember ever getting one of those free before. Maybe that is something else like a never-fail up to +10 run.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Is the Premium Enhancement Rune the +11 rune? I don't remember ever getting one of those free before. Maybe that is something else like a never-fail up to +10 run.

Premium is the +11 rune.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

This mis-reading of the event tricked the poo poo out of me and I didn't bother to log in while I was out of town. It's just a normal attendance event and you miss out on later items for each day you miss. Goodbye sweet premium rune.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

This mis-reading of the event tricked the poo poo out of me and I didn't bother to log in while I was out of town. It's just a normal attendance event and you miss out on later items for each day you miss. Goodbye sweet premium rune.
My interpretation was based on this passage, particularly the bolded bit:

quote:

Rewards are coming for every day for the next five weeks! This Attendance Event works the same as the ones in the past: Every day you login to Vindictus you'll get a new prize down the list automatically rewarded. If you miss a day, you won't miss the next day's prize or have to start over, you'll keep going down the list next time you login. You can't miss too many days, however: you have 35 days to claim 28 days worth of prizes if you want the big rewards at the end of the list!
I don't know what else they could be saying besides "you can miss several days without losing out on any rewards."

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Oh hmm, maybe I should read the whole thing...

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you want to make a hoagie, click here to register for a free thing:

quote:

Finally stepping out of the shadows is Sylas, a master of magic and illusions and the latest mercenary to join the ranks of Vindictus!

With his phantom daggers ready to pierce through the heart of his enemies, Sylas will be a force unlike never before in Vindictus. In preparation for the introduction of Sylas, we're letting players register for a special pack to help jumpstart their adventures with Sylas. Register for the launch of Sylas before December 8th with an account that includes a character that is level 20 or higher. When you log in to Vindictus after the update goes live the FREE Sylas Starter Pack will be sent to the highest level character on your account. If there are multiple high level characters, the pack will be sent to the oldest character on your account. The FREE Sylas Starter Pack is tradeable and can be sent to your new Sylas character immediately!

Just remember to register before December 8th and login before December 31st to receive your FREE Sylas Starter Pack!
Also: Is this the next character?!??!?!?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Those of us who aren't making a Sylas are also getting something for free:

quote:

Additional Character Slots

We understand that many of our players have several characters already, and thus might not have room for Sylas. Well, no need to shell out for a Premium Character Slot or agonize over what character to delete: With the Sylas Update, all accounts will have an extra Character Slot to use, a total of 6 free character slots!

We've also expanded the number of character slots per account as well. With the Sylas Update, you can purchase up to 14 Premium Character Slots, granting up to 100% bonus Battle EXP, a total of 20 characters possible per account.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

why aren't you making a cute magical twink

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

why aren't you making a cute magical twink
Because I stopped playing MMOs as myself a long time ago :colbert:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Too late already married Sylas in-game. I can't wait for another doll for my collection.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There is a new gear restoration calculator available at http://coronaplease.tumblr.com/aprestore. I don't like it because it's not obvious where the drop-down boxes are, but at least it's up to date.

Also, I finally found out that the next character after Sylas MacHagie is named Delia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3m1kna8uj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYSVLtQneU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

There is a new gear restoration calculator available at http://coronaplease.tumblr.com/aprestore. I don't like it because it's not obvious where the drop-down boxes are, but at least it's up to date.

Also, I finally found out that the next character after Sylas MacHagie is named Delia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3m1kna8uj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYSVLtQneU

is that just fiona with hurk's sword

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

is that just fiona with hurk's sword

It sounded better on paper. So I heard a few Fiona players jumped ship and now moving on to the next chara.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The devs actually remembered that "Vindictus humans live under a monarchy" thing when designing Delia:

quote:

Mabinogi Heroes Developer’s Note : The princess embarking on the path of Knighthood

Introducing the 11th character of Mabinogi Heroes (aka Vindictus), Delia.

She is a character who uses a massive Bastard Sword the size of her height and focuses on delivering crushing physical blows.

So the Bastard Sword, which Delia uses for both attacking and defending, can be seen as a representation of her combat style.

Delia’s general combat is designed around [basic attack + smash] + basic add-on smash + enhanced add-on smash.

To provide more detail, her add-on smash changes depending on the timing her smash key is pressed.

She will use her basic add-on smash on a quick keystroke.

She will use her enhanced add-on smash on a delayed keystroke.

Delia’s basic add-on smash can be used to quickly attack an active opponent and immediately avoid any retaliation and her enhanced add-on smash is slow but can be used to deliver a powerful blow against an enemy with an opening.

So these two smashes are her key feature which are chosen depending on the situation.

Delia’s basic add-on smash comes with additional effects that aid her in battle. On-hit, she will gain a stamina recovery effect and an effect that increases the damage of her enhanced add-on smash.

Meanwhile her enhanced add-on smash has multiple hits on it to increase the feeling of impact of the attack and to provide a way to maximize her dps by timing enhanced add-on smashes correctly so that all hits, maxed at 3 hits, connect.

The keyword for developing Delia was ‘strike’.

We tried to design a character that players could enjoy purely centered around powerful physical blows. Wild Star is a skill that exemplifies this concept.

Wild Star unleashes a different attack depending on how much it is charged; starting from a flinch to initiate a combo to an attack that sends her opponent flying.

A full charged Wild Star causes Delia to pursue her enemy to deliver a powerful strike. If this attack is delivered to a groggy opponent then it will be followed by a powerful skill named Queen’s Grace.

Queen’s Grace is a devastating attack that also locks down an enemy for a long time.

One more thing about Queen’s Grace. Delia has a special connection with Karok and Queen’s Grace can be used more effectively when teamed with Karok.
Is there anything here that makes her more than a sexy Hurk?

Also lol

quote:

The final skill to introduce in this note is Rose Crush.

Rose Crush is a skill that greatly increases Delia’s combat ability for a short duration in exchange for destroying her armor. Since the duration of this effect is limited, it should be used with caution. Preferably when the battle is about to end.
Is there anything here that makes Rose Crush more than a second, worse transformation?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Is there anything here that makes her more than a sexy Hurk?

I can't say if I'm surprised and I'd rather have a new wep than a remake of Greatsword.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

I can't say if I'm surprised and I'd rather have a new wep than a remake of Greatsword.
They should probably give any new weapons to the characters who already exist. How long has it been since non-sexy Hurk was added? He's the oldest character who still only has one weapon, right?

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuai
May 25, 2004
why make new weapons when they can just use that weapon on a brand new character to have people shell out NX for hair/inners/leveling poo poo