Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Vindictus. Fatigue sucks but I've found ways to deal with it. I average one raid every hour or so because I like to take it easy. Nexon is somewhat generous with VVIP giveaways so I feel comfortable cracking one open when I intend to play more vigorously. Otherwise, VIP from the AP shop cuts Fatigue costs enough. I tend to switch characters when I finish their daily missions, which puts a natural curb on how much Fatigue I use in a day. I use the guild house bed, which restores 30% + 3% for every Bonus Object FP skill you've purchased from the wardrobe shop. Characters who have an object can restore another 30 + 3x% Fatigue. So, it's really not as dire as it looked when they first (re)introduced Fatigue. I don't like that I have to worry about Fatigue all the time but it has never been an obstacle for me.

As for other games: I play Genshin Impact, which you all may have figured out because I reference it sometimes. I like the big open world and the plot and a lot of the characters and the music, but I don't actually like the multiplayer aspect and the combat is just the right amount of "not as good as vindi" to piss me off on a regular basis. Plus, the farming is bad. The bosses are almost all annoying and the domains range from tiring to infuriating. I wanted to believe that having friends to play with would improve that part of the game, but when I tried co-oping with goons they either didn't change the flow of battle or completely broke the difficulty. Maybe you'll get different results with your crew but oh, genshin has an energy system that limits how much you can farm bosses and domains. If you're serious about hating energy systems then don't even bother.

Yah they tried out Genshin but the combat is so dull. Personally, we enjoyed Honkai much more.

I'm keeping an eye out on the new DFO game (both of them, but specifically Project BBQ) crossing my fingers it's going to be fun. One worry is that it is also going to be published by Nexon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

the good news is that vindictus will live forever on the money they make from the continued fat titty outfits

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Hy_C posted:

I'm keeping an eye out on the new DFO game (both of them, but specifically Project BBQ) crossing my fingers it's going to be fun. One worry is that it is also going to be published by Nexon.
Word is that Nexon's going to publish a Warhammer game soon and I want to try that one. But why is the team that made DFO letting Nexon publish another game? They did a lousy job running DFO.

Bakalakadaka posted:

the good news is that vindictus will live forever on the money they make from the continued fat titty outfits
At least the whales are only enabling the sexual harassment of virtual women, unlike people who are still subbed to WoW :colbert:

I did the Naberius raid a couple of days ago. I hate him. Quite a few people hate him. His normal attacks aren't that hard to dodge but the chain hook gimmick sucks poo poo because he spams the attacks and you'll screw up a lot before you figure out what to do. You will die a bunch because one of the moves is a one-hit kill attack that can wipe an entire party. Naberius also spams his petrify attack and it's extremely dangerous because it's hard to dodge the projectiles, you cannot use potions while petrified, and you can still take damage while petrified. So, if he freezes you and then attacks you some more, you're going to have a bad time. I'm not saying he's a bad boss, but the learning curve seems pretty harsh.

Finally, in better news: Someone posted the cutscene that plays after you beat Milo (YouTube captions are in English; turn them on if they're aren't automatically on for you).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHPsPK3BloE

Milo is okay, folks. Iset's going to take him to a nice farm out in the countryside for a while. He's going to rest and pet the sheep and he'll get better.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I thought you said good news :gbsmith:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Man i wish Naberius would stop objectifying me!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Surprise coupon time from the Vindictus GMs. It's GM0129 and it gives a 7-day VVIP capsule that doesn't expire until mid-April. Pretty good.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Man i wish Naberius would stop objectifying me!
I follow you on Twitter. I see your retweets. You're just as bad as he is :colbert:

UPDATE: Another coupon was just given out. Redeem GIFT0130 to get three Choice Dye Ampoule Destiny Boxes. Not as good as the last reward but still nice if you care about appearances.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 30, 2022

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I follow you on Twitter. I see your retweets. You're just as bad as he is :colbert:

I have never turned someone to stone in my life :colbert:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Word is that Nexon's going to publish a Warhammer game soon and I want to try that one. But why is the team that made DFO letting Nexon publish another game? They did a lousy job running DFO.

I completely forgot Nexon published DFO the first time lol. I thought it was just Nexon NA was just more poo poo than Nexon JP/KR or something along those lines.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

I completely forgot Nexon published DFO the first time lol. I thought it was just Nexon NA was just more poo poo than Nexon JP/KR or something along those lines.
I checked and Neople is a subsidiary studio owned by Nexon, like Devcat. I also found the shutdown announcement FAQ where Nexon NA said they simply didn't want to deal with publishing the game anymore. So you're right, it was a problem with Nexon America specifically.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RlmzULjaTE

Maintenance happened and we have more events.

Bonbon of Love, blue skies above

quote:

Bonbon of Love Event

Event Period: 02/01 - 02/22 (3 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 02/01 - 03/01 (4 weeks)

The dice game returns for Valentine's Day! We would like to give you Valentine's treats through the dice game. Share chocolates with other mercs and increase your closeness with them!
It's Gallagher's dice game but with three unusual rewards. You can get 30 AP capsules, graces, and fatigue potions, which is fine and normal. You can also get Friendship Gift Destiny Boxes, Surprise Suspicious Bonbons (just reskinned Suspicious Potions), and Sweet Chocolates. Sweet Chocolates are a dock food that boosts ATT and DEF by 300 and SPD and BAL by 2 for an hour. This is actually not a new event reward per se, but the version being given away this time around expires at the end of February. Completing a lap around the board gets you 2 Bonbon of Love Coupons. Coupons can be exchanged for goodies: A gremlin cinch bag (9 coupons), a new title (3 coupons), and a 10 AP capsule (1 coupon). As for the dice themselves: You get one per character per day just by logging in and three more by completing your daily temporal missions.

Not sure I like this one. Too much effort and RNG involved in getting the good reward (by which I mean the title. I always mean the title.)

More like Abysmal Arena heh

quote:

Abyssal Arena Festival

Event Period: 02/01 - 02/15 (2 weeks)

During the event, complete Abyssal Arena I and II battles up to the 10th floor and you'll be granted an additional core effect.
In theory, an extra core means an additional chance to get an Abyssal Shard. In practice it's going to be just one more Bravery Seal. Meh. I guess if you were already spamming AA or AA2 it's a nice little bonus. Extremely tiny bonus. H*ckin' smol bonus.

There are Gold Medals and there are Old Medals, or something like that

quote:

Ein Lacher Gold Medal Achievement Event

Event Period: 02/01 - 02/15 (2 weeks)

During the event, the condition to earn Gold Medals is eased from getting hit no more than 3 times to getting hit no more than 4 times.
For a while it will be slightly easier to get gold medals in Ein Lacher. I'm not going to talk poo poo about this because I have been cheated of a few gold medals in Ein Lacher by getting hit exactly four times, usually because I couldn't dodge correctly. Yo, gently caress getting stuck on invisible obstacles, and gently caress getting stuck on a boss's hitbox.

No surprises here

quote:

Weekend Surprise Coupon Event from Vindictus GM

Event Period: 01/29 ~ 02/13 (Every Weekend)

Vindictus has prepared a special present for you!

Enter the coupon code during every weekend and receive the surprise present GM has prepared for you.
A page for those "surprise" codes they started releasing. Not really a surprise if you tell us in advance what we're going to get and when, but whatever. Giveaways include a Fine Pet Destiny Box and a Clone Outfit Box. Not bad.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 2, 2022

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFBxXO0XHk

The devs have released their first Dev Talks video. They have a few plans coming to fruition and a bunch more in the planning stages. I'm especially pleased with what they're doing for Redeemers. They noted that 90% of KR players don't bother doing more than eight Redeemer raids per week out of a possible sixteen wins, so they're halving the number of wins allowed per week and adjusting rewards to more than make up for it. And also, thank gently caress, they respond directly to specific observations and complaints about Naberius and promise that they fully intend to make him not suck... right after they finish their other important task: adding less tiddy. No, seriously: the modelers realized they were going too far with the All Curves stuff and made a policy to rein it in and make sure that people who don't want enormous boobs have something to buy for their characters.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 10, 2022

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFBxXO0XHk

The devs have released their first Dev Talks video. They have a few plans coming to fruition and a bunch more in the planning stages. I'm especially pleased with what they're doing for Redeemers. They noted that 90% of KR players don't bother doing more than eight Redeemer raids per week out of a possible sixteen wins, so they're halving the number of wins allowed per week and adjusting rewards to more than make up for it. And also, thank gently caress, they respond directly to specific observations and complaints about Naberius and promise that they fully intend to make him not suck... right after they finish their other important task: adding less tiddy. No, seriously: the modelers realized they were going too far with the All Curves stuff and made a policy to rein it in and make sure that people who don't want enormous boobs have something to buy for their characters.

I'll believe it when I see it for that last part :v:

I'm still waiting for better male outfits too.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R42nlCEllzo

Maintenance happened and we got an actual new thing.

Version 2.85 notes

quote:

UPDATES
Ver. 2.85 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. Royal Army Total War Update
2. Friendship Skills
3. Character Balance Changes
4. Play Guide System
5. Enhancement Failure Improvements
6. Power Infusion Slot System
7. Transform Auxiliary Equipment
8. Miscellaneous Changes
9. Convenience Improvements

1. There is a new 12-man battle mode called Royal Army Total War for characters who are level 90 or higher. Everybody has to fight a bunch of Fomor bosses, leading up to Shakarr. The good news is that stats are equalized on entry so everybody can, in theory, contribute based on personal skill instead of gearscore. Every time you complete the battle you get an Army Loot Box and a certain number of Army Seals based on how much you contribute. Seals can be exchanged for goodies like Mysterious/Abyssal Shards and TP Potions. Army Loot Boxes contain random items, including the new A Rank skill awakening stones.

The battle is only open on weekends because people who have played it say it's tiring and the devs don't want to burn people out. Cool, great, it's already hard enough finding raid boats on Sunday nights.

2. Two new dual techs are in: Evie & Grimden and Delia & Kael.

3. "The boss monster's standard for character aggro detection has been increased." Devs say this is so bosses spread out their attacks more evenly.
Character-specific changes:
- Hammer Fiona does 9% more damage with normal attacks and smashes
- Chainblade Vella does 8% more damage with smashes oh hell yes
- Greatsword Hurk does 12% more damage with most attacks
- Sylas does 4-6% more damage with a bunch of his attacks
- Most of Belle's attacks do 10% more damage
- Umbrella Lynn's active block move, Flora Break, now costs more SP and has a 1-second cooldown. Meh, never used it much anyway.

Nice boosts for the most part, but drat is this game turning into Fire Emblem 7? Because it seems like lately the patches have been all about the Lynn diss.

4. There is now a "Play Guide System," which is a formalization and expansion of the character growth goals thing we've had for a while. There are now a shitload of goals and everybody has new goals to achieve for tasty rewards. If you have a character between 105 and 109, expect to gain a level or two just from story rewards. You can also see all of the goals they'll throw at you and prepare accordingly.

There's also this:

quote:

The Continuous Story Scroll will be added as a story mission reward. When progressing with the [Main Story] that's included into the Story Continuous Scroll's description, you can use this item while in town to skip through the story without battling.
As you complete main story goals in the Play Guide System, you'll get these scrolls that let you skip story battles. Pretty neat.

5. Equipment no longer explodes into dust when you fail to enhance it. It still becomes un-upgradeable, but it no longer disappears and requires you to spend AP to restore it. Instead, it's instantly "restored" for free. You still need to go through the Reforging process and you still spend the AP you would when you actually manage to complete the Reforge process.

Alas, they have not fixed the other big problem with enhancing new equipment: It's really hard to get equipment to +10 without chewing through enhancement runes. And if your only runes are the unstable runes from the bravery seal shop then hoo boy, you are not going to progress quickly. Maybe they'll address this some day.

In less convoluted news: The enhancement success bonus from repeated failures has been increased considerably. It now tops out at 90%. They also drastically reduced the Steel needed to reforge a piece of equipment that's failed to enhance more than four times in a row. There's a chart in that page if you want to see the details on these changes.

6. The Power Infusion Slot system is here and the page doesn't really explain it that clearly but Videk has a quest where he explains it pretty well. It's a way to set up an alternate Power Infusion on a piece of equipment. Then, depending on what stats you want to boost for a given battle, you can switch between them in town. It is not, unfortunately, a way to double up on Power Infusion bonuses, which would be really good. But it's a way to avoid screwing yourself by having the wrong "good" bonuses on your equipment, like if you went all out on CRIT RTE but found out you need BAL to do the newest raid.

7. Offhand equipment that's level 105 or higher can now be "transformed" into another counterpart. So you can take a Milletian Small Shield and turn it into a Milletian Focus or what have you. In case you want to buy something in particular but can't find it, you can turn it into what you can use.

8. Massive list of bugfixes here. They also made it so Rupacitus will never do the water phase. Oh well.

9. It's now much easier to look at a piece of gear and see how fully upgraded its component materials are. You can now have two inventory chests open at the same time to make moving items between them easier. The chat block list is now account-wide. You can now End Conversations with NPCs using the Tab key.

It's the Final Fortress doo-do doooo doo

quote:

Royal Army Total War, the Final Fortress
This is presented as a letter directly from the dev team to us, the players. They explain that Total War is a type of Royal Army Raid (hence why it takes twelve players), but the gameplay is drastically different. This battle is defensive in nature, with the party enduring continuous boss rushes. Also, the party will start out split into smaller sub-parties a la Colru. If one sub-party defeats its allotted bosses early, it can man nearby catapults and fire on the bosses in other arenas. If you die, you can't be revived until a round ends. If you die in the final round, when everybody is united and fighting Shakarr, you get shunted over to the catapults and can continue to assist. No loafing!

Hearty machine thinks it's fair to me / But it only sees what it wants to see

quote:

Hearty Machine Event

Event Period: 2/15 - 3/22 (5 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 2/15 - 3/29 (6 weeks)
We've had this event a couple of times before. Every week, each character who logs in gets 20 Hearty Machine Tokens. Go to the vending machine and "buy" missions to complete in exchange for coupons and limited reward boxes. Coupons can be exchanged for a variety of runes, a "Heart Wings Destiny Box," Abyssal/Mysterious Shard Grade 2 boxes, Milletian Reforge Item Destiny Boxes, the Rune Rune! box, a Steel Destiny Box, a Redeemers Seal Box, and then some lame-o junk items like graces and equipment durability potions.

A check-in event has sprung

quote:

Lovely Spring Day Check-In

Event Period: 2/15 - 3/22 (5 weeks)

Event Details

A romantic spring will soon blossom! As we wait for spring with great excitement, let's check in at Colhen!

Check in for 1 hour with Lv. 1+ character and you can receive the item for that day!
Log in every day for an hour to get a reward. You know, in addition to the four Damascus Steels you're already getting by staying logged in for an hour. Some notable rewards:
- +1 Quality Boost coupon
- Steel Destiny Box
- Runes of varying usefulness
- 200 million exp capsule
- Premium bath soap
- Grade 2 Shards
- Goib stones
- A +12 Ferghus's Stone for level 105 gear
- A 100% Success Rank 6 Enchant Destiny Box
- A clone object box

This is being billed as a lead-up event to the release of Letty. Nexon may very well keep its promise to bring us Letty by the end of the first quarter. Oh boy.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened last night and now we have a Letty teaser page. So far, it has this video—

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE7C0UNRYZc

—and a countdown to more content. Fourteen days from now we learn more about her backstory. But do we need to? We know she loves cannons and wants to have sex with them. Wouldn't it be nice if we stopped there instead of giving her a sob story to dump on us like all of the other mercs?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have a new event.

Another login event

quote:

Lovely Spring Event

Event Period: 3/1 - 3/22 (3 weeks)

Event Details

※ per-account event (Lv. 50 or higher)

1) Every 30 minutes after you log in, you will receive one [Lovely Spring] item via mail.

* [Lovely Spring] items are given up to 5 times a day.

* [Lovely Spring] items can be shared within account and opened by 4/26 7AM UTC.
Log in and stay logged in to receive boxes every thirty minutes, up to five per day. Boxes can contain any of these possible goodies: VVIP capsules, unstable enhancement runes, element stones, blessing stones, dye ampoules and extractors, New Era mats, and filler consumables like party merc pots and graces. It's somewhat important to note that this page has errors on it: This is called the "Awaiting Spring" event in-game and the boxes are simply called "Awaiting Spring" as well.

If you're thinking of coming back when Letty is released, it may be worth it to show up and hope to grab some VVIP in preparation.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENk5sYhoW50

Still not convinced Letty doesn't want to gently caress the cannon. She has a sad past like the other characters but she doesn't seem to make a big deal out of it. The most similar character I can think of is Vella, but Vella hides her tragic backstory for reasons while Letty just seems to be a sociopath. Gonna guess they made Letty cute as heck because she'd be difficult to like if she looked like she posts in TFR or GiP. Or the MMO HMO.

There was a maintenance and we have more events. They're good events because they demand no grinding.

Patrick S.T. - Ready to Dye

quote:

Are You Ready to be Dyed in Green? Event

Event Period: 3/8 - 3/22 (2 weeks)

Happy St. Patrick's Day.Ready to turn Green?
Each day, every level 50+ character that logs in gets a Green 1 Day Outfit Destiny Box token thing. As the name suggests, you can open the box to get your choice of one of three green-colored gacha outfits that lasts for 24 hours. As a nice bonus, the outfits give +2 to BAL, which is very useful for raiding. The tokens themselves don't expire until the end of the month, so you don't have to feel compelled to use them as soon as you get them.

You know, this is a pretty neat way to spread that holiday feeling, just give people free gacha outfits for a limited time so we're all festively dressed. They should do this more often.

There's another half to this event. The first character on your account who logs in during the event period gets a Green Yearning Box that's account-shareable. It contains a green dye destiny box, a new title, and twenty clover juices.

You can be the Green Giant or Incredible Hulk now

quote:

St. Patrick's Day Color Event

Event Period: 3/8 - 3/22

Event Details

* Per-character event

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, greenish hair and body colors are available during the event.
What it says. You can get green hair or skin this month. Not that important to F2P players unless you want to use an Unlimited Hair Pass.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Letty looks cool and so do those enhancement changes, I only wish these changes came like 5 years ago instead. :negative:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLX-pQmaVCg

They say that Letty is coming in one week. We have a new event:

quote:

Letty's Celebratory Package Event

Event Period: 3/15 (Tue.) - 4/26 (Tue.)

We've prepared a celebratory outfit for our new character, Letty. Log in and receive your celebratory outfit for Letty!
Pretty similar to the giveaway events we've been having since what, Grimden's release? Log in to receive an account-shareable box containing an outfit destiny box, a title, a 30-day Inner Armor pass, and a permanent inventory slot ticket. As usual, one of the available outfits is the mini wedding dress. This time around the non-mini wedding dress outfit is Mystic Lady. It's a good outfit. For a clown to wear. To the circus.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there a gameplay video of Letty in action? Is she actually shooting with the cannon?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Is there a gameplay video of Letty in action? Is she actually shooting with the cannon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bag3DXLPbho

From the outside looking in, her gameplay seems fairly basic.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpc1lEJ-SRc

Letty is finally here. If you want to see the official run-down you can go to the Vindictus website. You can also read this horribly engrishy page.

Short version: She's a true ranged attacker and a lot of her smashes are designed to move her around so you can fight and evade at the same time. It's important to master this because her defensive kit is a bit lacking. She has a "Thrill" gauge that fills up as she attacks. Thrill can, in turn, be consumed to perform a rapid-fire attack.

It's not mentioned anywhere, but if you're doing the merc lounge stuff Letty's favorite gifts are Metal Polish and Strawberry Cake.

I've got a fever, etc.

quote:

Level-Up Fever! Event

Event Period: 3/22 - 4/26 (5 weeks)

Event Details

We are having a level-up event in order to celebrate our new character, Letty, joining us!

Please note that there are additional benefits if you participate as Letty!
Log in with any character who's level 30 or less to get a Level Up! Fever box. It's a nesting box that contains AP capsules, fatigue pots, merc pots, graces, and other such things. Rewards that are worth looking forward to: A permanent storage expansion ticket at level 30, a +13 armor rune at level 105 for milletian gear, and another title exclusively for Letty at 110.

The usual level-up title event

quote:

Letty to the Max! Level-Up Event

Log in and talk to the Strange Traveler to get a box that can be opened by a level 110 Letty. It contains a title. That's all.

The usual hot time event

quote:

Letty's Celebratory Hot Time Event

Event Details

To celebrate the arrival of our new hero Letty, we are having an eventful, 24-hour Hot Time during the event!

You even get Extra Core +1 during the weekend, so don't miss out!
It's Hot Time. Get 1.5x completion exp, 2x AP, and 2x expertise 24/7, and +1 drops on weekends on top of that.

The usual gathering dungeon event

quote:

Welcome, Letty! Gathering Dungeon Event

Each day, every level 70+ character who logs in will get a gathering dungeon entry ticket. I did a cursory check of Shayla's shop and it looks like they added a few things since I last checked. The Elchulus hat is here. You can get heart glasses, too. And an american football helmet, though I think it's a bit late to be wanting one of those.

Earning coins, chasing clout

quote:

GM Coin Collection Event: Season1

Event Period: 03/22 ~ 09/20

We are starting a GM Coin Collection in order to provide more variety of rewards from the community events.

Participate in the community events and collect GM coins, you will be able to exchange the coins to various rewards such as Special Outfit Set Destiny Box and many more!

So we hope many of our mercenaries to participate in the community events during the Season1.
Go to Discord and perform degrading tasks for the amusement of the mods. Many of the genuinely good rewards come from this event. Permanent Inner/Hair Coupons, a couple of outfit destiny boxes, a new title, and Steels.

I don't like short shorts

quote:

Short Shorts Community Event

Event Period: 3/22 ~ 4/26

Celebrating Letty's arrival to Vindictus, a new community event <Short Shorts Event> will be starting during the event period.

Please post short clips related to Letty on Youtube.

GM coin shall be provided just by participating.
Degrading task number one: Make a Letty video. Maybe if I were twenty years younger I'd be making MMO gameplay videos set to butt rock, but I'm not and I won't.

Redeemers has been redone. Redesigned. Re-something.

quote:

Redeemers Revamp Celebration Event

I mentioned this a while ago, when I posted that dev talk video. Most people don't do a lot of Redeemers. It's stressful and time-consuming and the rewards tend to suck. So, the devs halved the number of possible wins per week to two per boss. To compensate, just about every progression reward you can unlock is now twice as easy to get. Free stats, Full Force, and you only need fifty wins in a raid to cross the "you actually get redeemer seals from this" threshold. And now there's a Redeemers daily, where running the chosen raid of the day gets you a bonus box. The bonus box contains good stuff, like grade 2 shards, both types of Steels, Intermediate Element Stones, and unstable enhance runes. For the duration of the event, all Redeemer raids will give bonus boxes regardless of what day it is.

I'm going to call you Little Green

quote:

Leafy Green Vending Machine Event

Exchange Shop: 03/22 - 05/03 (6 Weeks)

Event Details

Receive Leafy Green Tokens, which are delivered to your mail during the event period.

You can use them to get the missions of your choice from the vending machine on Colhen Dock.
Jesus loving christ we literally just did this and now we're doing it again. Same missions as before, though they're giving away fewer tokens this time around. The top-tier rewards are also different. You can get a Silver Bracelet Destiny Box, which is great. Getting good bracelets is extremely difficult normally. You can also get a +13 restorative enhancement rune for milletian armor.

I've got runs of steel, again

quote:

Damascus Steel (Lv. 105) 3rd Run

Event Period: 3/22 - 08/23

Event Details

Claim 1 Damascus Steel to use on Lv. 105 or below items for every 15 minutes logged in each day.

Earn up to 4 pieces of Damascus Steel per day, and up to 300 in total, over the 3rd event period.
The steel from the last run expired last night, so they're giving away more level 105 steel. It's good.

FALSE EDIT: There is an unannounced event going on and it's good. Gremlin Race is back again. 154 days of waiting around and you can get cool stuff like VVIP, runes, storage expansion tickets, Grade 2 Shards, Permanent Inner/Hair coupons, and pet destiny boxes. The best rewards are a Regina's Flowerbed object and a Legendary Outfit Box. You can choose character-specific outfits or one of the nicer outfits like Bunny Babe or Rock Star.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 23, 2022

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

But you kept persisting that I meet your parents / Huh, they're going to love my appearance

quote:

Styling with the Suave Traveler Event

Event Period: 3/29 - 4/12

Event Details

* Per-character event

- The Strange Traveler's portrait will become very suave during the event period.

• Each day you log in with a Lv. 30+ character during the event period, you'll receive [The Suave Traveler's Bold Fashion Box] x1 in the mail.

* The Suave Traveler's Bold Fashion Box expires: 04/19/2022 at 07:00 UTC

• You'll earn a [Flashy Fashion 1 Day Outfit Destiny Box] and a [Full Power Buff Scroll] upon opening the box.

Flashy Fashion Outfit Destiny Box

- This item allows you to choose an outfit for your you can equip for 1 day based on your character's gender.

- The stats are equal to the existing gacha sale items, and as a limited-item, it doesn't provide Wardrobe Points.

Full Power Buff Scroll

- Lasts 1 hour upon using the scroll.

- Provides ATT & M. ATT +100, DEF +1000, Balance +3, Critical +3

- A disco ball visual and exciting music can be enjoyed during the event period.
Remember when I said Nexon should do more giveaways of time-limited gacha outfits? They listened. Somehow. I don't know how they know we're here. But anyway: Every day, any character who logs in will receive a box containing a 24-hour outfit and a 1-hour buff scroll. The outfit box contains eight outfits per gender, which is an impressive assortment. The buff scroll gives respectable boosts to the numbers you need to get into raids, which is nice. Also note that the scroll's effects last for an hour; the scroll itself has the same 24-hour time limit as the outfit.

There's one other matter and it appears to be unannounced: they're doing an April Fool's thing in the merc lounge.

UPDATE: Oh my god

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 30, 2022

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Dyes for the dye god, eggs for the egg throne

quote:

Easter Eggs for the Easter Bunny! Event

Event Period: 04/12 - 04/26 (2 weeks)
You have a bunny jpeg on your screen and it's much cuter than a bored ape. Do all of your daily missions to get eggs and feed them to the bunny to level it up. Notable rewards include an Experimental Outfit Dye Ampoule (fourth level-up), a new title (fifth level-up), an emblem destiny box (sixth level-up), and a bun-bun hairband (final level-up). You can get five eggs every day and it takes a total of 45 eggs to get all of the rewards, for a grand total of 9 days of work. It's a fair amount of effort for stuff that's almost all cosmetic, but if you're playing anyway then it's bonus goodies.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Delia's Karok impression is so good

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzmidXmHqAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTvjD0F21M

The Milo raid is finally here.

Update 2.87

quote:

V2.87 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. Season 4 Episode 5: "The Sun's Wish" Update
2. Special Dungeon Update
3. Character Balance Changes
4. Letty Friendship Content
5. Other Convenience Updates
6. Miscellaneous Changes
1. Milo is here. I just said that. His raid is called Dialectic of Death. I didn't say that. The dictionary has said that dialectic is "the Marxian process of change through the conflict of opposing forces, whereby a given contradiction is characterized by a primary and a secondary aspect, the secondary succumbing to the primary, which is then transformed into an aspect of a new contradiction." I will say that makes perfect sense if you think about it.

2. They have removed Nu-Glas from the [S] dungeon rotation. [S] Colru is back, baby. They've added Meaningful and Truth scrolls to the enchant pouch, bumped up the drop rates for a lot of good scrolls, and reduced the rate for a lot of merely okay scrolls. Which will all make it that much more frustrating when you open a pouch and get a Fresh ES.

3. Character changes. Scythe Evie gets 8% more damage to a lot of smashes and snaps. Sword Vella gets a 7% damage nerf to normal attacks and a bunch of smashes. Teide Hurk does 10% more damage when shooting things. Grimden gets an 8% damage boost to several of his smashes and active skills. Letty got a 6% damage increase to most of her attacks, including all of her actives.

4. You can now reach "Ally" and "Close Ally"-level friendship with Letty.

5. Convenience changes, mostly to stuff that's cosmetic. Meh.

6. Naberius now drops a rank 5 scroll, Chaser. It's for rings. They fixed a bunch of minor bugs, also mostly cosmetic. They did, however, fix a chain Vella bug with Biting Cold (the skill that lets Vella keep her smash combo after dodging). Of special interest is that they say DX11 support is out of beta. Actually, I don't know what that means.

There goes the sun

quote:

[Intro] Episode 5: "The Sun's Wish"

Developer's Note:

Greetings from the Vindictus team!

Our newest raid is called the "Dialectic of Death."

After a hard-fought battle against Romel in Topaz Hall,

Milo, the King of Erinn, blocks the heroes before they can reach Taratha Cathedral.

Through the goddess Macha, Milo gained a forgotten - and forbidden - power.

This made him far stronger than any human... but corrupted his mind along with his body.

In order to complete his contract with Macha, Milo makes a request of the heroes.

When they can't see eye to eye with their friend, they are forced to face off against him as the new raid boss!
Man, the devs sure love making us fight people we should be able to talk to about stuff. Like Aodhan, or Cesar, or Romel. Men will literally take the bloody shade/worship a false goddess/embrace the power of the god of death rather than go to therapy.

quote:

With devastating claws on his right hand and an arcane staff in his left, the King of Erinn wages war through overwhelming force and insidious sorcery.

The King fights like an army unto himself, ruling the battlefield if the party isn't working together. His numerous attacks require adapting to his tactics.
The first line is a warning that Milo fights a lot like Cromm Cruaich. The second line describes every raid boss who isn't a pushover.

quote:

When the battle reaches its midpoint, Milo harnesses the power of a fallen god to force open the door to the Other World.

The ominous flames that burst forth from that gateway present seemingly inescapable death to the heroes.

Yet, they can evade this inferno by sheltering in sudden magical Rifts, created by a Mysterious Power...

(...whose identity you will discover during the course of the story!)
Going to assume it's Iset in the hope that's it not Iset and then I can post the dril tweet.

quote:

As the battle with the heroes continue, Milo unleashes a surge of divine power and mutates into a powerful form.

This transformation also summons a flaming stele to incinerate his opposition. The heroes must cooperate if they hope to survive this final onslaught.
Remember the statues that Cromm Cruaich could bring in? The ones people hated so much that we got into the habit of reserving hold skills just to interrupt Cromm's summoning of them? They're back. gently caress you, Milo.

quote:

Season 4, Episode 5 Story
The Sun's Wish

After defeating Romel, the heroes move onward towards Macha.

Yet none other than King Milo, their former ally, stands in their way.

In order to complete his contract with Macha, Milo sought a power far exceeding human potential.

Pointing his staff menacingly towards the heroes, they all realize this clash was inevitable.

Meanwhile, Spinos and Iset are preoccupied with thoughts of what once was...

A past awaiting to be unearthed from beneath setting sun and windswept sand.
It's been mentioned before that Spinos, the weird priest dude whose face is wrapped in bandages, is from the same kingdom as Iset. I'm not sure I like this talk of a past waiting to be unearthed. I don't want to return to Twilight Desert because it wasn't very fun the first time around.

quote:

New Raid: Dialectic of Death

Milo finally reveals himself upon the throne.

His throne, his domain... and he has been watching all along.

He summons a power wrought by divinity,

to take what he desires by birthright and blood.

He has shown himself willing to destroy any who dare interfere.

A newly empowered King Milo faces off against the heroes.
Reminder that Milo is a king AND a god, in case you were thinking of feeling bad about having to beat the poo poo out of him.

Diligence, diligence!

quote:

Due for Diligent Mercenaries! Raid Event

Event Period: 4/26 - 5/24 (4 weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 4/26 - 5/31 (5 weeks)
Run normal raids from Claire to Milo to get Diligent Mercenary Coupons (limit 40 per character per week). Coupons can be exchanged for goodies. There's a 100% Success enchant box (40 coupons, limit one per account but it's account-shareable). There's a +13 millet armor enhance rune (25 coupons, 1 per account, not shareable). There are Milletian Reforge Boxes (25 coupons each, 2 per character). There are grade 2 shards (15 coupons each, 3 of each per character). There's a Jardin Steel Destiny Box (8 coupons each, 8 boxes per character). There are Intermediate Element Stones (5 coupons each, 5 per character). Then the usual graces and merc pots. Sheesh, not even fatigue potions.

In addition to all that junk, there's something special in the mix: Resenlian's Battle Completion Scroll [AS]. 5 coupons each, four per account, and as the [AS] indicates they're account-shareable. They do something completely new: If you run a raid and win, you can pop one of these to essentially receive the rewards for running it again. The description's a bit vague, but the main point is that you get another round of drops from it. However, you don't get the extra cores from the Superior Guild Campfire buff or Goddess Guidance. And you had to have run the raid already. And it still counts against the departure limit. So it seems like a nice time-saver, or a way to get extra drops if you can't find enough raid parties maybe I dunno I guess I'm just spitballing here. It's a weird item.

Vindi Souls: Prepare to Dye Edition. I think I've made that joke before.

quote:

Springtime Sweets from Dyewood

Event Period: 4/26 - 5/17 (3 weeks)
I'm repeating a bad joke because they're rerunning a bad event. Now you can fight Dyewood by running level 60+ normal battles. Maybe. Click on that link up there and you'll see there are two long lists: one for battles that drop dyes and one for battles that don't. Beating the dyewood gets you a Sweet Dye and a candy pouch containing a candy. You need a shitload of sweet dyes and a crapton of gold to craft any ampoules. 30 dyes and 50k gold for a basic Clodagh ampoule, up to 50 dyes and 650k gold for a "[Rare] Specially Selected Dyewood Outfit Dye Ampoule Destiny Box" (whew). The spillover rewards aren't good either: 10 dyes and 20k gold to make 5 party merc potions, or 1 dye to make one Superior HP Potion.

I would say it's great that they tried to make this event better but I don't believe they tried. Who's running dozens of normal battles to craft a dye ampoule that you can buy from Ernmass for a thousand AP? Before, you could only find Dyewood in Red Moon battles and the dye quantities needed to craft ampoules was balanced for that. Now you're not likely to pick up enough sweet dyes to do anything meaningful with them if Red Moon's the only battle you tend to run.

FLIM SPRING FIELDS

quote:

Spring Screenshot Event

Event Period: 4/26 - 5/24 (4 weeks)

Event Details

To commemorate the warm spring, take screenshots in Vindictus where you can practically feel the spring breeze, and register them on our Discord channel.

If more than 50 registrations are made during the event period, we will provide an event reward for all!

However, you cannot participate multiple times, and only your screenshot shared most recently will count.

We are distributing special event rewards by selecting five of the best screenshots.
It's the next GM Coin event. Abase yourselves once again by posting on the Discord. Post screenshots that communicate the essence of spring. Colhen is decorated for Spring and aside from taking a picture of that, I don't know how one would even communicate the essence of spring.

Speaking of GM Coins: the rewards for the Short Shorts event are obtainable now. Everybody can get ten coins by using the code SHORTSEVENT. This works whether you personally participated or not.

UPDATE: Bad news, folks. After you beat up Milo, Iset tries to get the evil out of him. But then his appearance becomes even more repellent:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 27, 2022

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

For baka:

Whoever made this posted a bunch of their Genshin in-game cosplays on the vindi forums but no Beidou, Ningguang, or Yae Miko. Oh well.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:59 on May 1, 2022

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

For baka:

Whoever made this posted a bunch of their Genshin in-game cosplays on the vindi forums but no Beidou, Ningguang, or Yae Miko. Oh well.

Oh yeah I've seen them a few times it's a dang good Ayaka

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Welp, found out project BBQ is dead and they've now transitioned the game to a souls like instead. There goes my hopes for something similar to Vindictus to ever come out. :negative:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8S3-ydFNdY

Maintenance happened last night and we have a new event.

Snow can burn your eyes but only drop rates make you cry

quote:

Special Dungeon Gold Chest Event

Event Period: 5/03 - 5/17 (2 weeks)

Event Details

* Per-character event

If you complete Special Dungeon during the event period, you obtain Special Dungeon Gold Chest x1.

These Special Dungeon Gold Chests expire on 5/31/2022 at 7AM UTC.

You can obtain up to 10 Special Dungeon Gold Chests in a week.
Run [S] dungeons and get a Gold Chest, limit 10 per character per week. Open the chest for goodies. Goodies include bracelets, 30/50/100 Brynn Elixirs, ampoules+extractors, 50 AP capsules, blessing stones, and the usual gang of consumables. If you want more chances at getting silver or gold bracelets, this is an okay event. If you want more chances at enchant pouches, this event doesn't have much to offer. Oh well. At least gold chests don't contain leather bracelets.

Hy_C posted:

Welp, found out project BBQ is dead and they've now transitioned the game to a souls like instead. There goes my hopes for something similar to Vindictus to ever come out. :negative:
I would be willing to try a F2P soulslike game. After all, Vindi has some soulslike characteristics (tough boss fights, grim and depressing fantasy world, ladies with big boobs showing up unexpectedly). My real concern is that the article I found about the change says they're only planning to release it on consoles. I don't own any consoles. I'm not going to buy a console for just one game.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 28, 2022

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does anyone see themselves playing this game in 5 years? I realize I hit the complete stop at the wall and I just lost motivation other than logging for free stuff for over 1 year now :v:

It's the drop rate and then the realization that gearing is so much suffering compared to FFXIV.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alder posted:

Does anyone see themselves playing this game in 5 years? I realize I hit the complete stop at the wall and I just lost motivation other than logging for free stuff for over 1 year now :v:

It's the drop rate and then the realization that gearing is so much suffering compared to FFXIV.
Don't know why you'd plan so far ahead. When FF14 first came out, some people who tried it couldn't imagine wanting to play the next day, much less in five years. Games change, sometimes. Maybe. Perhaps?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I stopped playing for about 5 years and recently started again and the game has improved so who knows.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

I would be willing to try a F2P soulslike game. After all, Vindi has some soulslike characteristics (tough boss fights, grim and depressing fantasy world, ladies with big boobs showing up unexpectedly). My real concern is that the article I found about the change says they're only planning to release it on consoles. I don't own any consoles. I'm not going to buy a console for just one game.

Ah drat I missed that it said for consoles.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Another maintenance, another batch of events.

Return of the dice event

quote:

Roll the On-time Dice Game Event

Event Period: 05/10 - 06/07 (4 weeks)

Dice Board Usage Period: 05/10 - 06/14

Event Details

※ Per-account event (able to participate with characters Lv. 50 and higher)

1) When you log into the game during the event period, you receive dice every 30 minutes.

You can obtain up to 64 dice during the Roll the On-time Dice Game event period.

※ You can check this progress from the On-Time menu, near the top of your game screen.

※ You can earn up to 4 dice each day, which reset at 7AM UTC.

※ Timed progress towards received dice is shared by your account, and is sent to the ID mail.
Log in and stay logged in to collect dice. Roll the dice to get goodies. They made the rewards pretty good, potentially. There are junky rewards like AP capsules and merc pots, but there are also Jardin Steel Destiny Boxes, New Era Material Boxes, and Unstable Enhance Runes. The best reward is a box containing a Grade 2 Mysterious/Abyssal Shard (your choice). Finally, every time you round the board, you get a Resenlian's Battle Completion Scroll.

It's good to note that the dice and the rewards are Account Shareable, so it's fine to give all of your dice to the same character and then portion out winnings to whichever characters you want having them. It's cool, Nexon is learning.

Gold Fever (reprise)

quote:

Ein Lacher Gold Medal Achievement Event!

Event Period: 5/10 - 5/24 (2 weeks)

During the event period, the condition to earn the Ein Lacher Gold Medal is changing from getting hit no more than 3 times, to getting hit no more than 4 times.

- Able to get Gold Medal: Hit less than 5 times.

- Able to get Silver Medal: Hit less than 5 times.
It's this event again. Gold medals are a little easier to obtain from Ein Lacher. Might be a good time to do runs on characters who are difficult to play safely.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwTunB4lvJ0

We got another dev talk. The highlights:

- No more new Redeemers raids. Ever. Instead, they're working on an even worse mode called Time Distortion Raids that are supposed to be even harder. The stat requirements are going to be completely bonkers (one of the devs states that you might need to have full +15 Ardri when the first raid debuts). They're also adding a new type of equipment that only drops from Time Distortion Raids. If you're rocking full +15 Ardri then why do you need that? Anyway, they don't expect to get the first TDR out until next year so they might rethink things.

- Next character's coming along and they expect to release her in KR in July. She's yet another lady character and she fights with a slashing lance and also a grappling hook.

- They've got another raid in the works that they intend to release in KR in August. Its name starts with E. It's a beast-type boss and it's meant to be similar to Marject or Tarathan.

- Simulation mode: A powerful interface for exploring equipment options. It'll help players figure out what's possible and how much they can expect to see their numbers change when they try different upgrades.

- Emblem revamp: Emblems are fun but they're tiny and the menu for browsing or selecting an emblem is lousy. They want to make emblems bigger and allow animated emblems.

- They're still working on the circuit (raid train) system. They expect to have it out in KR in autumn.

- Equipment sharing: Holy crap they want to make it possible to share equipment between characters on the same account. They're frustratingly vague about what it will entail,but any system that allows sharing has got to be better than what we have now.

- Minimum Battle Contribution Requirements: The devs finally got word that it's not fun to roll into a QB raid with three people who are so over-tuned that they obliterate the boss before you can do your 5% or 7% or whatever it is. So, the devs are bringing the standard minimum down to 3%. It's not as good as some ideas I've seen floating around, like measuring contributions to the battle that don't involve damage dealt to bosses, but it's a pleasant change nevertheless.

- Jumping potions: Devs are still trying to figure out a satisfactory way of letting old-timers instantly level and skip the early game rigmarole every time a new character comes out. The complicating factor is that they don't want to let new or returning players go straight to endgame without knowing how to fight. The devs say they're still working on this because lots of people want this. The devs go on to say that they take all player suggestions seriously, even the stupid ones. I feel like there's some kind of passive-aggressive thing going on here.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 12, 2022

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_pPpINZnvU

Maintenance happened and we have an update.

2.88 Patch Notes

quote:

V2.88 Update Note

Table of Contents
1. Friendship Skill (Tessa, Kai)
2. Enchant Slot Expansion System
3. Wallet System
4. Changes to the Item Specifications
5. Convenience Update
6. Other Changes

1. Kai and Tessa got their friendship skill. That's the second friendship skill for Kai.

Thinking back to when Tessa got added and I saw that she was going to have a friendship skill with Kai and I thought, "huh, it sure is funny that the two player characters who have canonically gotten laid have a dual tech" and then I read the description for the skill and that's literally why the devs did it. They don't even sleep with each other; they're just tapping into the power of having had sexytimes with other people at some point.

2. Enchant Slots! Power Infusion Slots must be pretty popular because they're expanding it to enchants. Same idea, same cost to unlock additional enchant slots. I'm not sure I see as much of a point here since there are relatively few options for enchants. It seems to be designed for high-tier players who want to be able to choose between pure number and something that provides utility, like Dash.

3. There is now a "Wallet" for characters over level 105. Open 'er up by clicking on the wallet icon next to your gold in the Inventory window. The wallet is, apparently, for trading on the marketplace. That's it. It's not anything good, like a way to share gold across your account. It's just there to circumvent a hard-coded limit on how much gold you can have on hand.

4. Necklaces such as Kitty Necklaces are now normal equipment. This means you no longer need to fumble around in your NX tab to find them.

You can now use fusion runes to remove the appearance from a piece of equipment. Effectively, you're using the rune to undo the effect of a previous fusion rune.

Junk drops from raids are now untradeable. It never made a ton of sense for them to be tradeable since they're literally useless. They can still be incinerated, though, unlike other untradeables.

5. The title interface has been vastly expanded and improved. Lately I'd been thinking about how bad it's gotten and it turns out the devs have felt the same way. You can search titles by keyword or bonus, you can set some titles as favorite titles, you can see cumulative stat bonuses from titles earned, and you can set the color of your displayed title. However, to preserve the prestige of having a shitload of titles, you can't pick colors reserved for high title counts if you don't have that many titles.

The search function is really, really good. It can tell you what battles to go to in order to earn titles, and the bookmark feature even works on unearned titles so it can remind you of what you're trying to get. Holy poo poo. We've had the same title window since the game debuted until now, and they did a fine job of updating it.

6. Mostly bugfixes here. A few battles got nerfed, too. One of Tarathan's attack combos is a little slower. One of Romel's combos is a little easier to handle, too. And, thank goodness, the Naberius nerf is here.
- Nab is 20% smaller
- The petrifying attack speed is reduced
- Petrification lasts one second less than before
- Fewer petrifying projectiles per salvo
- Players get more time to hook when Naberius is doing the thing

Overall, a pretty good update. And we're not even done!

Thinking about those beans

quote:

Jumping Bean Vending Machine Event

Event Period: 05/24 ~ 06/21 (5 weeks)

Exchange Shop 05/24 - 06/28 (6 Weeks)
Vending machine is back. Get tokens every week, use tokens to buy missions. They changed the missions a bit.
- There are five weekly missions. The first two are for AA and Redeemers. Three more are [Additional Goal] missions that are obtained incidentally. "Immortal!" is for completing two raids without being incapacitated. "Potion Saver!" is for completing three raids without using more than five potions per run. "Break Off King!" is for getting three breakoffs in raids (no cheating this by getting breakoffs in normal battles).
- That leaves four normal missions, which can be done for as long as you have tokens. The "Astera/Rocheste Raids" and "Tarathan Raids" missions got smushed into one mission. RAR and [S] got combined into one mission. Missions for Red Moon and Level 30+ normal battles are still each their own thing.

Now, let's talk rewards. Limited Reward Boxes contain 300 AP capsules, 5 Merc pots, and a grace. All missions give three Jumping Bean coupons and you can buy these goodies from the exchange shop:
- Clone Outfit Box (60 coupons, 1 per account, account-tradeable one time)
- LV100 Jumping Potion Box (50 coupons, 1 per account, account-shareable)
- Enchant Rune (50 coupons, 1 per account, account-shareable)
- Mysterious/Abyssal Grade 2 Shards (28 coupons each, 3 of each per account, account-shareable)
- Resenlian's Battle Complete Scroll (8 coupons, 3 per account)
- Rune Rune! Box (12 coupons, 3 per character, bind on acquire)
- Steel Destiny Box (8 coupons, 7 per character, bind on acquire)
- New Era Mats Box (8 coupons, 6 per character, bind on acquire)

Of special note is the jumping potion box. It's what it sounds like. It's a potion that immediately takes a char to level 100. The box also has a 5000 AP capsule in it. Kind of necessary if you're going to skip a lot of battles by not leveling the usual way.

Genshin Impact doesn't have a working battle pass system right now but Vindi does lol eat poo poo Mihoyo

quote:

Queens & Kings Hero Pass Event

Event Period: 05/24 - 07/05
It's this again. Do hero pass missions to get hero pass experience and earn hero pass rewards. This time around, there are a bunch of Resenlian Battle Completion Scrolls in the rewards list. There are also a couple of runes, some steels, and grade 2 shards in the mix. The ultimate reward on the free path is a sweet-rear end ruby crown head outfitter item. And these are all goodies you can get without spending money. If you do spend money on the hero pass, your reward is possibly getting to see me eat a sixer for calling you the r-word.

Eris Dies

quote:

Most Active Discordian Event

Event Period: 5/24 (Tue.) - 6/21 (Tue.)

Event Details

During the event period, the most active user from Vindictus Discord community shall be rewarded with additional GM Coins.
Another GM Coin event. Talk on Discord a lot and get coins. Baka is active on the discord so I say he's our champion. Make us proud, dogg.

Speaking of GM Coins, the code for the Spring Screenshot event is usable now: GMCOIN524

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 25, 2022

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am not I just joined it like 2 days ago lmao

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HpYkPHVwc4

Maintenance happened. The dice event ended and two more events spring from the grave.

In a tale of rookies and getting it together

quote:

Gallagher's Caliber! Rock, Paper, Scissors!

Event Period: 06/07 ~ 06/21 (2 weeks)

Exchange Shop 06/07 ~ 06/28 (3 Weeks)

Event Details

* Character-Based Event (Lv. 30+)

1) Every day upon logging in with a character Lv. 30 or higher, you will receive Rock, Paper, Scissors Challenge Ticket x2 via mail

2) During [Event: Gallagher's Caliber] story [Rock, Paper, Scissors Challenge Ticket] item can be used as participation ticket.

3) Depending on the result of Rock, Paper, Scissors Caliber with Gallagher the below item shall be provided.
Every day, each character that logs in gets two Challenge Tickets to play Rock, Paper, Scissors with Gallagher. There are three possible rewards for playing, one for each effective outcome. If you lose you get a box containing a participation coupon and three merc pots. If you tie you get a box with a coupon and a grace. If you win you get a box with a coupon and luck blessing stone. That's a maximum of 28 coupons over the course of the event.

Participation coupons can be traded for goodies. Goodies include:
- A "Prism Dye Ampoule Destiny Box" for outfits (8 coupons each, 3 per character, expires July 5)
- Experimental Outfit Dye Ampoule (6 coupons each, 3 per character)
- A new title (4 coupons)
- Merc pots (1 coupon each)

Not a terrible event. A bit time-consuming but you don't need to spend money or run a battle. The challenge tickets also don't expire until the end of the event period so you can wait to use them, too.

I'm here to catch fish and chew gum and gum has never been in the game

quote:

Hail to the Fisher King

Rod Sale and Fishing Event Period: 06/07 ~ 06/21 (2weeks)

Exchange Shop Period: 06/07 ~ 06/28 (3weeks)

Event Details

1) During the event period, the [Bo-Neat-O Rod] item will be sold at the fishing shop.

* You can buy the [Bo-Neat-O Rod] item once a day for 50,000 gold, sold in a bundle of 50.

* [Bo-Neat-O Rod] expiration: June 21st 2022 /07/2021 at 7AM UTC

2) 100% chance to earn a [Feel of the Fisher King] when fishing with [Bo-Neat-O Rod].

3) Collect [Feel of the Fisher King] x5 and right-click to quick-craft the Fisher King Box.

* [Feel of the Fisher King], [Fisher King Box] expiration: June 28th at 7AM UTC

4) Open the Fisher King Box to get a Golden Carp, along with 1 of the items below. Each item has a different probability of obtaining.
It's this event again. Enter a fishing boat, buy Bo-Neat-O Rods in packs of 50, and fish to catch "Feel of the Fisher King". Use quick crafting to mash five of those together to get a Fisher King Box. The box contains a Golden Carp and one of the following: a grace, an empty dye ampoule, an ampoule extractor, a blessing stone, a New Era material, a Godly material, a Fishy Recovery Potion, a fatigue potion, or a 30/50 AP capsule. Then, you can exchange Golden Carp for goodies. The best goodies include:
- Premium Bath Soap (40 carp, 2 per account, expires July 5)
- Premium Armor Enhancement Rune (40 carp, 1 per account, expires August 23)
- A new title (30 carp)
- A Goib Stone (25 carp, 2 per account, expires August 23)

It's an alright event if you don't mind AFKing and spending way too much gold on fishing rods, but this event is in conflict with the ongoing Vending Machine event. But this event has a title to get... :ohdear:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance happened and we have no new events. However, we did get a new announcement.

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/1536613619697590273

I looked him up and he had a lot of big roles. I hope he regarded his work as Lann as being a relatively good use of his brief time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

For reasons unknown, they decided to give us advance warning of the next set of events.

Sneak a pique

quote:

[Sneak Peek] Summer Event 1, 2, 3
Event 1: Log in and get a free outfit
Event 2: Everybody gets a free set of +13 Milletian gear that lasts until the end of September
Event 3: GM Raids. GMs host raid trains? I think? I never participated so I don't remember what they are.

Event 2 seems pretty substantial. A huge boost to power and gear hopefully good enough to get you into most QB parties. I mean, once the gear goes away you'll only be barely better off than you were before on account of drop rates being poo poo, but at least you'll be able to hop on alts and enjoy content that was released only a year ago.