Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Morglon posted:

So if you're playing the Korean thing are there any changes to make Arisha's block not worthless?

Yeah gonna agree with Alder here, Arisha's block is really good and gives her so much safety to fall back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
If you time it right sure but that doesn't help with the fact that it catches one hit. Most interesting enemies hit two or even three times in a row which means that I pretty much eat at least two of them because it doesn't come up fast enought after the first hit. I pretty much always dodge which is mostly fine if I know the patterns but that still doesn't change the fact that it's barely more than just taking a step to the side and will never take you out of range of even the medium bosses. You do get kind of used to it but it still means I'm eating more damage than I should. Not to mention that even the slightest bit of lag completely kills my chances to not get hit and I'm not even asking for mana shield levels of keeping it up but some more tolerance than that quarter second would be nice.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Morglon posted:

If you time it right sure but that doesn't help with the fact that it catches one hit. Most interesting enemies hit two or even three times in a row which means that I pretty much eat at least two of them because it doesn't come up fast enought after the first hit. I pretty much always dodge which is mostly fine if I know the patterns but that still doesn't change the fact that it's barely more than just taking a step to the side and will never take you out of range of even the medium bosses. You do get kind of used to it but it still means I'm eating more damage than I should. Not to mention that even the slightest bit of lag completely kills my chances to not get hit and I'm not even asking for mana shield levels of keeping it up but some more tolerance than that quarter second would be nice.

Arisha block will block multi hit attacks if timed correctly.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Arisha block will block multi hit attacks if timed correctly.

I wish my connection were this forgiving. I feel like maybe I chose the wrong character....

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

I wish my connection were this forgiving. I feel like maybe I chose the wrong character....

I play on at best a 2 bar connection and I can manage, are you playing through like 5 proxies or something?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The bars don't seem to mean anything though, I've played on two and was perfectly fine and on four and it turned into a slide show. Also funny that you mentioned how it could block several attacks and I manage to get that done for the first time today, I've never seen it do that before.

Connection speeds are a huge problem though but that's more a community thing. You've got people with crap connections hosting because well, it never lags for them! Actually had a guy yell at the party when everybody complained that his connection was poo poo. Then you get plenty of we're gonna short man this with mostly 60s or 70s because I can only host for so many people which I will tell you the literal second before I start instead of asking someone else to host or people hosting anyway and telling the group they know they have a lovely connection as soon as the quest starts but of course they couldn't just ask anybody else to host.

Also while I'm ranting what is it about Sylas that makes people who play him so obnoxious? I mean the community in general is pretty poo poo but I've had tons of problems with Sylas players lately like them failing trials of Macha on purpose, opening doors with normal boxes and just generally demanding everything be done their way instead of just playing.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

I play on at best a 2 bar connection and I can manage, are you playing through like 5 proxies or something?

Playing on East while living on the west coast with a satellite connection. So.....close?

e: I manage a lot better when solo or hosting, since a lot more stuff is client-side, but that just means whoever tags along feels that pain instead.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

Playing on East while living on the west coast with a satellite connection. So.....close?

e: I manage a lot better when solo or hosting, since a lot more stuff is client-side, but that just means whoever tags along feels that pain instead.

My condolences, how much complaining do you get when hosting?

Morglon posted:

The bars don't seem to mean anything though, I've played on two and was perfectly fine and on four and it turned into a slide show. Also funny that you mentioned how it could block several attacks and I manage to get that done for the first time today, I've never seen it do that before.

Connection speeds are a huge problem though but that's more a community thing. You've got people with crap connections hosting because well, it never lags for them! Actually had a guy yell at the party when everybody complained that his connection was poo poo. Then you get plenty of we're gonna short man this with mostly 60s or 70s because I can only host for so many people which I will tell you the literal second before I start instead of asking someone else to host or people hosting anyway and telling the group they know they have a lovely connection as soon as the quest starts but of course they couldn't just ask anybody else to host.

Also while I'm ranting what is it about Sylas that makes people who play him so obnoxious? I mean the community in general is pretty poo poo but I've had tons of problems with Sylas players lately like them failing trials of Macha on purpose, opening doors with normal boxes and just generally demanding everything be done their way instead of just playing.

The connection speeds are usually pretty accurate to the bars for me whenever I'm playing, for Arisha if you weave block and dodge together it should give you a very long period of i-frames with no down time and that should be enough to block anything thrown at you when done correctly, if you're stuck being too close to a boss use diffusion warp in mana blade mode to get some distance if you need it and don't forget counter drain and ruin blade both also give you ways to avoid damage.

With people being crappy hosts the only thing you can really do is host yourself sadly or just solo everything.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Morglon posted:

Honestly that's pretty much every character in the entire game. A lot of lower level player are going die a lot due to low stats in the beginning. I don't think most people fail runs on purpose unless you mean the don't break armor/revive oaths.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
No he literally went after the ones we had turned a certain color and turned them a different color and opened doors even after someone announced which door the good box was behind. I mean playing poorly I get and don't mind but when you keep doing it after being asked not to by the entire party that's just a dick move. Don't even get why either you're kind of loving yourself since you're not getting good loot either. And honestly it's always a Sylas but I only noticed it because I've been chaining Malina for the enchantments so it's annoying to me. Sure I can solo the things but it takes more time and is tedious.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 19, 2015

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hey Arch are you going to put Delia info into the OP or are you going to wait till she's actually out?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Hey Arch are you going to put Delia info into the OP or are you going to wait till she's actually out?
I'll wait until she's out because why tell players about a character they can't play?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

I'll wait until she's out because why tell players about a character they can't play?

So people who don't know about her have something to maybe look forward to and can prep for leveling her if they want to, though on the flip side I doubt anyone here doesn't already know so its w/e.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The latest event looks lame :catbert:

Also return of the gatchapon outfitters. Really?! I just wanted some new clothes not RNG.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Alder posted:

The latest event looks lame :catbert:

Also return of the gatchapon outfitters. Really?! I just wanted some new clothes not RNG.

Care to elaborate and/or link? The European thing barely has any information at all ever and when it does it's hard to find.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Yet they still won't release my fukken priest outfit ugh.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Morglon posted:

Care to elaborate and/or link? The European thing barely has any information at all ever and when it does it's hard to find.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/5585/coming-soon-violet-witch

it's similar to the flute's or whatever they did this summer.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Yeah that's on EU too, just got a notification someone won it. gently caress you Nexon, would've dropped some money one that but no. Not gonna deal with gambling boxes, just gently caress off.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Morglon posted:

Yeah that's on EU too, just got a notification someone won it. gently caress you Nexon, would've dropped some money one that but no. Not gonna deal with gambling boxes, just gently caress off.

Eh, there's decently good stuff in the side rewards.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am gonna be mad if my priest outfit is in an rng box and buy 500 of them anyway.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I am gonna be mad if my priest outfit is in an rng box and buy 500 of them anyway.

It is not. RNG Box outfitter rewards are:

Special Trivene Witch Set
Special Tieve Set
Special Captain Keaghan Set
Special Stadium Set
Special Field Set
Twinkling Armor
Twinkling Earrings
Twinkling Leggings
Twinkling Bracelet
Twinkling Shoes

You can also get them just by buying enough boxes.

50x Witch's Tears: Field Set
50x Witch's Tears: Stadium Set
100x Witch's Tears: Special Field Set
100x Witch's Tears: Special Stadium Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Trivene Witch Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Captain Keaghan Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Tieve Se

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 23, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The things I do for hats :sigh:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well we don't even get tears in the box, just on the forums. I picked up two with some NX I had left over and got bath soap and a fishing rod you can buy in game that's worth 200 gold. So no, not worth it.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Meh, just got XCom 2 and the new Homeworld instead.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Morglon posted:

Well we don't even get tears in the box, just on the forums. I picked up two with some NX I had left over and got bath soap and a fishing rod you can buy in game that's worth 200 gold. So no, not worth it.

Huh? Bath soaps?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
What you don't have those? It's a thing you drop into the hot spring like whatever and get a buff for like an hour and nobody uses them since it's incredibly minor like 100 extra HP or some def or attack and it's not cheap, some even cost NX.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Morglon posted:

Meh, just got XCom 2 and the new Homeworld instead.

I only have to last a few more weeks to dragon's dogma PC. Also I know priest isn't in this box but it could be if we ever get it and ugh.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Bakalakadaka posted:

I only have to last a few more weeks to dragon's dogma PC. Also I know priest isn't in this box but it could be if we ever get it and ugh.

Yeah how's that game anyway, it looks like something I might be interested in but if it's too Dark Souls I'm gonna pass.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

I still think it won't be a gachapon for the battle priest/nun outfitter mostly b/c why :catbert:

Also, the chances for this particular item is just horribly low and I haven't seen anyone on mega win it online.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Morglon posted:

Yeah how's that game anyway, it looks like something I might be interested in but if it's too Dark Souls I'm gonna pass.

It's a far more forgiving game than Dark Souls and one of the main features is being able to climb all over large monsters.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

It's a far more forgiving game than Dark Souls and one of the main features is being able to climb all over large monsters.

Spoiler: there's only like three you get to do that.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Spoiler: there's only like three you get to do that.

No there's a whole bunch of monsters you can climb on. Whether or not you should climb it is a different story, but just about everything bigger than you can be climbed.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Dogma looks pretty "Arcadey" compared to like Vindictus or Monster Hunter. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Maybe the broadcasters I saw playing it were just good or something, but the enemies didn't seem to put out a lot of damage, like MH monsters can.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

A couple of events are happening soon:

quote:

New Year Ultimate Objective Event

The Ultimate Objective Event is back for the new year! Starting on Wednesday, December 30th, this server-wide event is all about teamwork and everyone joining together to give the Fomors a well-deserved beatdown.

The Ultimate Objective Event section details a list of daily Objectives to complete, be it defeating bosses or completing Battle Quests. Whenever the server as a whole completes an Objective, everyone that helped contribute, and anyone else logged on when the Objective is finished, will be rewarded with between 4 - 12 Ultimate Objective Packages.

When opened, Ultimate Objective Packages will reward you with an Ultimate Objective Footprint Ticket and Merc Potions, Goddess Graces or Dye Ampoules. Gather enough tickets, and you'll be able to take them to the Exchange Shop and purchase special Enchant scrolls, a Max Awakening Increase Potion, exclusive Panda Headpieces or the new Forgemaster or Forgemistress Outfitter!

Help complete every Challenge or stick around to cheer your allies on and you'll be able to earn up to 220 Ultimate Objective Footprint Tickets, not to mention the massive pile of Potions, Graces and Ampoules!
code:
Event Name 	New Year Ultimate Objective Event
Event Start 	Wednesday, December 30, 2015 (9:00 AM PST, 12:00 PM EST, 4:00 AM AEDT 12/31)
Event End 	Wednesday, January 27, 2016 (9:00 AM PST, 12:00 PM EST, 4:00 PM AEDT 12/31)
What 	

Help your server complete Objectives to claim Ultimate Objective Footprint Tickets.
    Trade Tickets in for event-exclusive items

Rewards 	

Ultimate Objective Packages: 1x Ticket + One of:

1x Avatar Dye Ampoule
    1x Clodagh's Dye Ampoule
    1x Goddess Grace (Party)
    1x Goddess Grace
    4x Party Merc Recovery Potion
    4x Merc Recovery Potion Plus
    4x Merc Recovery Potion

Ultimate Objective Footprint Tickets:

40x Tickets: 1x Panda Headpiece
    30x Tickets: 1x Sealed Ultimate Objective Enchant Scroll
    22x Tickets: 1x Max Awakening Increase Potion
    20x Tickets: 1x Forgemaster/Forgemistress Helm
    24x Tickets: 1x Forgemaster Overalls/Forgemistress Tank Top
    24x Tickets: 1x Forgemaster Work Pants/Forgemistress Overalls
    14x Tickets: 1x Forgemaster Gauntlets/Forgemistress Gloves
    14x Tickets: 1x Forgemaster/Forgemistress Steel Boots

Notes 	

Players that contribute to an Objective by defeating the targeted boss, or are online when the Objective is completed, will receive the rewards.
    Objective progress is independent to each server (East, West, Australia).
    Each Objective will only reward once per account.
    Prizes will be automatically rewarded to participating accounts, once the Objective is completed, to the current character if the player is online,
    or to the last character that contributed to the Objective if the player is offline.
    Ultimate Objective Packages and Tickets can be sent to other characters on the same account, either via Shared Storage or through mail.
    Ultimate Objective Footprint Tickets can be redeemed until the maintenance on Wednesday, January 27th, 2016.
Pay attention to that requirement: For best results, either contribute to every objective with at least one character. Or, you can just stay logged on.

quote:

Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016 Event

We're inviting everyone along as we say goodbye to 2015 and usher in 2016 in style. All day New Years Eve, fireworks will fire off with every boat departing for battle, while those warriors that stick around to the stroke of midnight will be rewarded with an exclusive title.
code:
Event Name 	Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016 Event
Event Start 	Thursday, December 31, 2015 (12:00 AM PST, 3:00 AM EST, 7:00 PM AEDT)
Event End 	Friday, January 1, 2016 (12:00 AM PST, 3:00 AM EST, 7:00 PM AEDT)
Event Details 	

All day, Fireworks will accompany the departure of all boats
    Those online just before the New Year, Pacific time, on December 31st, 2015 will receive the "Sweet 2016!" Title:
        Pacific: 11:50 PM PST
        Eastern: 2:50 AM EST, January 1st, 2016
        Sydney: 6:50 PM AEST, January 1st, 2016

Notes 	

Title rewards no stats
It's a free title. I like titles.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 28, 2015

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

:shittypop: at this Vindictus 2016 calendar

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Y'all wanna have some fun by idling for several days?!??!

quote:

For the month of January, we're unleashing a simple little event, but one that holds a wealth of prizes. During the Login Appreciation Event, every 10 minutes you spend logged in to Vindictus will earn you a "Login Appreciation Ticket". These tickets can be traded into the Exchange Shop for a selection of prizes, including Premium Armor Fusion Runes, Server Megaphones, Bunny Ear Headbands or a new set of Inner Armors, the Strawberry Inner Armor!
code:
Event Name 	Login Appreciation Event
Event Start 	Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 (End of Weekly Maintenance)
Event End 	Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 (Beginning of Weekly Maintenance)
Event Details 	

While logged onto a character in Vindictus, automatically receive a Login Appreciation Ticket every 10 minutes
    Turn in Login Appreciation Tickets in the Exchange Shop for a variety of prizes

Event Rewards 	

24x Login Appreciation Tickets: Server Megaphone
    120x Login Appreciation Tickets: Panda Costume Head
    120x Login Appreciation Tickets: Panda Costume Body
    120x Login Appreciation Tickets: Prime Bunny Ear Headband
    120x Login Appreciation Tickets: Armor Fusion Rune
    200x Login Appreciation Tickets: Premium Armor Fusion Rune (max of three per account)
    200x Login Appreciation Tickets: Enhancement Rune (once per account)
    200x Login Appreciation Tickets: Enchant Rune (once per account)
    600x Login Appreciation Tickets: Strawberry Inner Armor Coupon

Notes 	

The Strawberry Inner Armor coupon can be redeemed for a set of Permanent Strawberry Inner Armor in the Avatar Shop
    The color of the Strawberry Inner Armor cannot be changed
    Panda Costume Head and Body and Prime Bunny Ear Headband are equipment items
    Event Rewards cannot be traded to other accounts
        Panda Costume Items can be traded to other accounts, but only after applying an Unbind Potion to them
    Login Appreciation Tickets can be traded between characters on the same account, but not between separate accounts
    Login Appreciation Tickets will become unusable once the Login Appreciation Event is completed
    Login Appreciation Tickets are placed in the NX Tab of a character's Inventory
If you just want a free permanent inner armor for one of your less-favorite characters, that's slightly over four straight days online. That's not too bad, I guess.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

If you just want a free permanent inner armor for one of your less-favorite characters, that's slightly over four straight days online. That's not too bad, I guess.

Worth it for more kawaii clothes for Evie. Also, free runes.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Man they really want their "people online" metrics to look good. I guess someone important at nexon just thinks "more people online = better" and attendance events weren't enough. I guess I can afk all day for some free garbage though, hooray employment.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today is a good day to die and then grace for free and then die and so on and forth:

quote:

Take your best shot against Vindictus’ powerful bosses during the Ultimate Objective event, with the ability to resurrect yourself for free! The Unlimited Resurrection event allows you to resurrect in a dungeon without using a Goddess Grace item. Make the most of your dungeon run from 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM (server time)! In addition, the Repair Discount will be 50% for the duration of the event. This is the best time to take on those tough bosses!
code:
Event Name 	Unlimited Resurrection Event
Event Times 	

West Server:

Friday, January 8, 2016 (5 PM PST - 10 PM PST)
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 (5 PM PST - 10 PM PST)

East Server:

Friday, January 8, 2016 (5 PM EST- 10 PM EST)
    Saturday, January 9, 2016 (5 PM EST- 10 PM EST)

AUS Server:

Saturday, January 9, 2016 (5 PM AEDT - 10 PM AEDT)
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 (5 PM AEDT - 10 PM AEDT)

Event Details 	

During the event period, resurrect in a dungeon without using a Goddess Grace
    50% Repair Discount during the event duration
Free grace events are the best because you can just go nuts on a boss without worrying about staying alive.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also starting today, you can buy Equis Runes (100% success) and Equis Enchant (bullshit) in the depot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Also starting today, you can buy Equis Runes (100% success) and Equis Enchant (bullshit) in the depot.

Dos Equis runes?!?!?!