Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Has the grind factor changed much in say, the last 2 years or so? Haven't played since before GW2 came out but I felt like this got pretty intensely grindy even by the 30's.

They shortened all of the S1 boats significantly and dramatically increased the XP you get from the story missions and some side missions. The end result is that playing through the story and doing the easy, valuable side stories for S1 and S2 gets you up past level 80 without any additional grind.

edit: Almost all S1 boats, the castle levels are all still really long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

That sounds really good. When I was playing last, basically I hit a point in the 30s where I would rapidly run out of level appropriate quests each level and so it was just raw grinding most of the time.

By 'shortened all of the boats' you mean the actual levels themselves got a lot shorter? I was trying to remember if there was any way to skip those boat introductions when entering/reentering dungeons or not. :v:

They basically lopped off one loading screen from every boat, so that they have 2/3 sections instead of 3/4, and the generated maps are somewhat shorter as well. The introductions are still there afaik. The lull at the end of Ainle where people would have to grind Blood Prince forever to get to the next stories is pretty much gone, completely gone if you do side missions and hard mode/macha most of the time.

Also when you hit 20/30/40 there are the 20-person raids you can do 3x/week each that give a ton of experience and let you get a big boost that will take you over any xp lull that might be left.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ShadowMoo posted:

At around what level will I start to see other boats?

edit: Welp.

OnceIWasAnOstrich fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 22, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Welp, so much for upgrading.

Welp, so much for Vindictus in the near future.

(Not downgrading just for this softcore grinding simulator)

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

darkhand posted:

I think snaps are passive(?).

Scythe will probably still be very much a richman's class cuz the animations will be the same, but that's the price you pay for her potential for max anime princess.

Snaps are the same, they just don't stack now, back to invisible loom only forever and always probably.

Still will probably need 50-60 aspd minimum. Time to sell everything I own for a set of WB CBP.

Have we been getting any skill reset caps for revamps? I could probably my tens of thousands of AP from scythe into staff and see what the shiny side is like.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Stopped playing shortly after the Evie revamp. Now with two more episodes and a shitton of events perhaps it is time to come back. Time to decide between Vella/Evie...

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Choyi posted:

And about Evie sucking, I don't know how people play her, but she is by far one of the strongest chars in game atm especially with scythe, it is true that you do need to invest in some att spd for her(30+ at least) but way less so now then pre revamp where she was unplayable at low speed.

Maybe because my baseline is Vella... I fought story Regina as my first fight back in a couple months on my scythe Evie yesterday, never having fought Regina as a scythe before, and managed to only die once from a grab (she can grab you mid blink?? I guess my timing was off) and came in at 25% damage with my full-purple welfare Regina gear, which is better than I ever managed on my Vella with a bunch of practice.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

darkhand posted:

Yeah that's fair, I forget how frustrating that part is sometimes.

It's trivial for me when I play Vella or Evie because chains can hit his back from the front, and blink-blade shift does it immediately, so on either I just stand by the end and wait for him to walk towards me. I imagine it would suck on a Fiona or something like that.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Since you don't have to do any quests to run S2 and S3 raids, you can try to do them as soon as you reach the minimum level. Meanwhile, pubbies are so swole that they can paste any S3 bosses in twenty minutes or less and will do so without complaint if you can host without making them lag.

I've been pleasantly surprised about this for everything except Regina. When I host pubbies they still manage to wipe on Regina if I've already used my party feathers.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There isn't, though a good number of us are in Lion Heart, land of OP Fiona's.

Hey man, I came in (a distant, distant) second in damage in a couple raids this weekend (to an OP Fiona).

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Bakalakadaka posted:

Taken care of :getin:

Who do I have to bribe, and how much, to get to use all of those sweet sweet title armorsets?

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

I like that you can miss several days without missing out on prizes. I also like that you don't have to do any work to get the prizes. I only have to log in the characters that I want to play!

Is the Premium Enhancement Rune the +11 rune? I don't remember ever getting one of those free before. Maybe that is something else like a never-fail up to +10 run.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

I like that you can miss several days without missing out on prizes. I also like that you don't have to do any work to get the prizes. I only have to log in the characters that I want to play!

This mis-reading of the event tricked the poo poo out of me and I didn't bother to log in while I was out of town. It's just a normal attendance event and you miss out on later items for each day you miss. Goodbye sweet premium rune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Oh hmm, maybe I should read the whole thing...