Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ShadowMoo posted:

How horribly P2W is this Nexon game?

Not much at all, especially with the latest round of updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Yeah the game is a billion times better than it was even a year ago.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

East has cleared both event sets in a week. How far is west towards Reggie?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

A high enhanced 80 weapon is probably your best bet at this point unless you are loaded and can go for a full orange 90. And it's really easy to restore 80s now as well, between the lowered cost, raid ap bottoming out at 50, and the 50% VIP bonus that stacks with everything.

Basically this. +10 80 with scrolls will get you over the damage cap for the majority of the game you're going to be playing.

darkhand posted:

Yeah I'm glad for VIP. I always hated leveling with VIP and never having ap. The Regina's look like digshit anyways.

I'm extremely jealous of how people have +15 Regina's already or even armas though.

With some enchants I should be near 20k atk. Just my small upgrade of 1k made a huge difference in Ben chennar. So that definitely breathed some more life into the game for me.

TBH, unless you go all orange parts, purple regina weps generally give up a bunch of stats on 80's.

Which class do you play as again?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

I play sword lann. Just running around in pirate gear with no enchants. Getting wep enchant and wb/enthu should get me like 1500 more atk, then I'll be in a pretty good spot.

Mostly working on atk first then speed/crit. Then probably balance and def.

S3 kinda widens the gap between poo poo geared and well geared lanns since crit/gliding is such a huge portion of dps. 80crit res is no joke.

For Sword Lann, I really think skipping reginas unless you have all orange is completely viable. Like I said, 95% of the game is still being played at s2/s1 so you don't need to switch to lovely regina stuff.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Karok's clash is more appreciated than ever now that it's one of the few lockdown skills that doesn't have a 20 minute cooldown.

It's the poo poo in Regina. EVERYBODY HOLD HANDS

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

Well Vindictus really broke out of the mold of MMO archetypes, and each weapon has a pretty unique styling. Like sword and shield in most MMOs is clunky and slow and really just a graphically representation of +block percentage or some nonsense, but fiona is pretty fast now-a-days and hits hard as hell. Or you would think the greatsword guy would be slow, and maybe setup big charge attacks to do damage, but he really has a crazy chain combo system. So definitely don't be afraid to explore other classes to their potential.

And yeah most dungeons are shortened by 1-2 stages.

Unless you're hammer fifi and then you die a little inside.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Patch Notes from EU: http://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1502428-Update-1-62-Season-3-Episode-2-Patch-Notes&p=7255089&viewfull=1#post7255089

It does not look like we're getting Priest Outfitters. Lion Heart is going to be very sad.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Jesselyin will hopefully be donning Wonderlann soon. :getin:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Not really, as East is slightly more populated than West. I'm also on East as Lexane so that's always a bonus. There's no official SA guild AFAIK though.

There isn't, though a good number of us are in Lion Heart, land of OP Fiona's.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Hey man, I came in (a distant, distant) second in damage in a couple raids this weekend (to an OP Fiona).

In most s2 stuff I can keep up with Tree and Aldice, but s3 I fall behind since I am not at damage cap for it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

NEVERMIND

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 4, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Zaka is easy and Lionotus was a cool fight with the bombing gimmick that doesn't really matter now that he's easily out-geared.

Just brute forcing Lio is kind of cathartic.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Number 24:
- Havan (Guardian, Malina)
- Zecallion (Requiem of the Lost One, Niflheim)

Number 25:
- Lord Glas (Temple of the Fallen Moon/Light and Shadows, Ben Chenner)
- Blood Lord Reborn (Refuge of the Dead, Niflheim)

Oh boy, it's another number that you need to be 80+ to get. People have suggested this is a ham-handed way to get people to buy bingo numbers, but:

- Most players are missing the numbers on their alts, not their mains
- Most players would rather buy the commander's package because it's cheaper than two bingo pouches
- This whole thing is pissing people off so they refuse to buy anything

I wonder how this is all going to wash out.

I waded into that debate in the forums and had some fun pointing out that they're getting up in arms about their alts.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

If they really cared about their alts then they would also be level 90 and geared and have 400+ titles. Then this wouldn't be a problem.

thats what i said

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

also, holding onto that G has finally payed off!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

I like free stuff. Also, the boxes have enhance/enchant runes which is always nice. Not going to farm because farming is terrible but I'd be happy if I got another free rune.

stack of 3 enhance runes was nice to stash away from hoagie

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

why aren't you making a cute magical twink

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

There is a new gear restoration calculator available at http://coronaplease.tumblr.com/aprestore. I don't like it because it's not obvious where the drop-down boxes are, but at least it's up to date.

Also, I finally found out that the next character after Sylas MacHagie is named Delia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3m1kna8uj4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYSVLtQneU

is that just fiona with hurk's sword

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Eh I can't wait :3:

Typically I will host all my runs so I don't mind a harem of Slyas with my Ari.

:3:

i named my grindr lmao

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Somehow I knew that was you when I saw it last night.

Tree had to ask! :downs:

Anyway: Hoagie is really fun and I am going to end up spending out some of my warchest on him.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

GaylordButts posted:

There's not enough goons on East for FartLords to be worthwhile right now. There are a few goons who are in pubbie guilds, or I can accept you into FartLords if you just want to wear that title proudly.

I think almost all of us are in Lion Heart now.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Also sometimes referred to as Lion Fart in case you really need your fart fix.

Where have you been Hulu? You just drop in, call me names and disappear. It's very sad.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm on hiatus until I get my revamp and god drat priest outfit and I'm playing xcom instead.

:rip:

I got Grindr to 61. But he's so screwed by me not hvaing a bunch of high level INT gear laying around.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

That reminds me I need to sell my int rings.

You should loan them to me. Because I am so cute. And cool.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The nerf bat update is live on Korean servers. I'll see if I can get a better update for y'all but uh, RIP Sword Lann

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Morglon posted:

Care to elaborate and/or link? The European thing barely has any information at all ever and when it does it's hard to find.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/5585/coming-soon-violet-witch

it's similar to the flute's or whatever they did this summer.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Morglon posted:

Yeah that's on EU too, just got a notification someone won it. gently caress you Nexon, would've dropped some money one that but no. Not gonna deal with gambling boxes, just gently caress off.

Eh, there's decently good stuff in the side rewards.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I am gonna be mad if my priest outfit is in an rng box and buy 500 of them anyway.

It is not. RNG Box outfitter rewards are:

Special Trivene Witch Set
Special Tieve Set
Special Captain Keaghan Set
Special Stadium Set
Special Field Set
Twinkling Armor
Twinkling Earrings
Twinkling Leggings
Twinkling Bracelet
Twinkling Shoes

You can also get them just by buying enough boxes.

50x Witch's Tears: Field Set
50x Witch's Tears: Stadium Set
100x Witch's Tears: Special Field Set
100x Witch's Tears: Special Stadium Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Trivene Witch Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Captain Keaghan Set
250x Witch's Tears: Special Tieve Se

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Dec 23, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Morglon posted:

Well we don't even get tears in the box, just on the forums. I picked up two with some NX I had left over and got bath soap and a fishing rod you can buy in game that's worth 200 gold. So no, not worth it.

Huh? Bath soaps?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

It's a far more forgiving game than Dark Souls and one of the main features is being able to climb all over large monsters.

Spoiler: there's only like three you get to do that.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Also starting today, you can buy Equis Runes (100% success) and Equis Enchant (bullshit) in the depot.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Dos Equis runes?!?!?!

Yes, you get a free beer.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

I'm starting to get a little pissed off in S2 raids. These loving asswipes that are booting people off the boats because they're not a level 90 with 30k attack. Three different times I jumped on a boat for story mode Bark#1 and was kicked( repeatedly on one) for no goddamned reason.

You know we were just talking about how on EAST we never see this anymore. Are you on EAST? If so let me know cause I am sure I can round up some people to run S2 Raid train. ::)

ArchWizard posted:

Since it's free grace time, I decided to make some progress on my Evie and fought Muir for the first time. Holy crap I cannot believe how fun it is to zip around with Blink and keep smacking him while he can barely touch me. It took a while because of my crappy gear, but I managed to beat him without even using any pots or graces. Then I got to the point where I had to knock him off the ledge and it only took three tries. It felt really drat good to finish him off with so little fuss.

In conclusion: Wizards are actually... good?!?!?!?!?

I am minorly bitter that Lawn is about to get nerfed back to earth, while Scythie will remain king-poo poo DPS

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

No you won't find anyone we're all busy afking for free garbage.

Hey now -- I can sweet talk Henne, Teeth, Koffee and usually Bread into almost anything.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

I am on east. Alkiehaulic

I will never remember that so send a friend request to: Jesselyin and Grindr

I am prolly gonna be on my Hoagie more, RIP Lawn.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

And also use Multicore.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

What the entire gently caress? So new players are stuck with Season 1 content all the way until they hit 70? gently caress that noise.

You can easily hit 70 just finishing S1.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BUnch of sammich buffs too. I am so happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

From this I'm guessing they changed absolutely nothing except the level brackets for 5069 and 7080 which sounds like exactly what I would expect from nexon lmfao.

They made a whole bunch of changes to the bosses, and it seems like they reduced the overall HP for most of them, but yes, it does not appear that they made any changes to drop tables, and that 70-79 is just 50-69 and 80-89 is 70-80