Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I played this game a long rear end time ago but burnt out somewhere in the ice caves because every mission had a million sub objectives, some of which relied on random drops and my OCD compelled me to get all the points in a level before moving on to the next which meant I got super over-leveled and bored.

I thought I might come back since apparently progression has been smoothed out and there are new characters to try. Its been so long since I last played that I can't really remember how it used to be but things do seem fairly fast.

I'm playing as the spear woman, she is pretty cool but her town walking animation is a loving travesty. What kind of armour is she supposed to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Thanks that's what I figured.

I'll probably go for heavy rather than plate. I could be wrong, but looking at the heavy armour sets vs the plate armour sets in the marketplace it makes me laugh that it seems like all the female plate armours feature more or less zero plate, but for some reason the heavy armours are fairly reasonably armoured (if a little anime) and feature actually quite a lot of... well plate. Some of the light armours even seem a lot more protective than the plate sets.

I've still been getting all the oaths and bonus missions in each level but it seems to be going through a lot quicker, I don't know if they upped the amount of drops or something, also it feels like each dungeon is shorter maybe?

I think spear lady is more fun than the sword dude I used however many years ago. I'm a sucker for polearms in games though, they are so under used compared to swords, sword and shield, really loving big sword and Japanese 1000 times folded hanzo steel sword.

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
I'm playing this game in the slowest manner possible. It is a good game imo to play in half hour to an hour chunks after work when I can't be bothered to play anything heavier, I get a bit bored playing for long stretches though. Basically every 3 days or so I run a dungeon a couple of times to clear all the objectives and oaths and get stuff, stop for half a week then repeat with the next dungeon. I'll probably reach the level cap in 10 years at this rate. It's fun though, very casual game to play. At least for leveling, I'm sure the endgame is a grindy pain in the arse.

Anyway, this is all fine and good but I loving hate the break off mechanic. I'm real bad at it. It is hard to do solo, which is basically how I have played the game 90% of the time and trying to do it with other people is a real crapshoot, with people who either don't care and just want to kill the boss as fast as possible or people who try, but are even shittier than me at it. Is there some way to trivialise them because I am poo poo at aiming spears.

Also, is the second and third season stuff you do after finishing the first season storyline or have I been missing things?

Speaking of missing things what is the point of the city? I went there once and it seemed kind of empty, and almost completely depopulated compared to the starting village which is always packed with people running around in their underwear.