Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I haven't used the new system yet, but the cheapness of the older stuff has let me upgrade all my visible pieces for practically free. I had saved up a ton of junky dragon parts, they jumped up 100x over on release and I dumped them for millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Sometimes you'll even outlevel the boats before finishing all the episode. You don't run out of stories until about level 60s because you need levels or season2 boats will take a giant poo poo on you. But rocheste stories can get you pretty high if you do all the side stuff, and with the new newbie armor boxes you should be able to break into season2 really easy. The level 60 raids are pretty much the most fun anyways imo.

P2W is kinda goofy because as long as you don't die a ton no one really knows how awful you are. Season3 atk caps haven't changed at all; kraken still has the highest defense in the game. And with all the new weapons, the level 80 weapons are cheap as heck right now. I'm sure you could grind some money for someone's +10 weapon decently easy.

Enchanted armor is the real divider, but honestly I doubt most players have them. Even if you buy or grind the scroll, they have like 60% chance to fail, and they break your armor. It's a hosed up system, but not 100% necessary to care about.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 20, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

CRIT and gliding first imo.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Couple screenshots I think sum up this week

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Hahahaha jesus christ. I just found out you can get NX officially from Nexon using Dogecoin.

Also you should play on East if you can. I don't think West even finished the first ultimate objective event yet which is quite telling of their population.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 25, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

To be honest I think vella is kinda janky now adays. Her dodge is tied to backlash, which is horrible, so anytime you want to double dodge you have to try not to accidentally backlash and move the wrong direction. But otherwise she is pretty decent, and a great soloer.

Sword Lann has a cool counter now, anytime he dodges his next smash is free stamina and gets increased crit chance and damage. Lynn has a ton of really good dodges and invulns too. Spear lann dodge is actually good now, and dead simple: Whenever you push space you dodge, no roll/block/heavy stander/backlash bullshit. It's always dodge.

I'm in Texas and play on East. It's mostly to do with the Peer2Peer rather than the servers. A LOT of hosts are just horrible and shouldn't be hosting at all. Once you figure out the raids, you should host as often as you can, if you can.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jul 28, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can block 95% of the game with "perfect" small shield guards. I played through all of Season2 without touching a large shield at all. And Season3 is "easier" pattern-wise, just harder hitting.
Some stuff you can't block: The pirate red blade bullshit in the Ship Graveyard, it's a ranged attack that spins on the ground. Beokros ice crystals, they're either really hard to perfect guard or you need heavy stander, same for Siglint lightning circles.

Don't forget that shield dash has full invulnerability AND gives you slashing high. You just need more experience. I don't know where you are in progression wise, but I remember when I first did unknown area raids I thought they were impossible. Now it's like cruise control and you end up taking 0-3 hits total. Fiona takes a giant poo poo all over a ton of bosses in her own way. You're not going to be zooming across the map like lynn or arisha, but you're going to be an immovable object covered in razor wire and you have a ton of knockdown potential. Havan and Lavasat are especially fun imo.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 28, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I did something dumb yesterday I guess. I made a pretty average Regina weapon because I was tired of sitting at 17k attack. Built it pretty cheap then spent 30mil on enhancement stones and couldn't get it past +5 before running out of money :(

I had a bunch of skill reset caps so I risked my +10 arma ts and got it to +12. Pretty happy with it.

Lately I was buying infinities trying to get them close to +15. But I think the arma ts should hold over a while.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah I'm glad for VIP. I always hated leveling with VIP and never having ap. The Regina's look like digshit anyways.

I'm extremely jealous of how people have +15 Regina's already or even armas though.

With some enchants I should be near 20k atk. Just my small upgrade of 1k made a huge difference in Ben chennar. So that definitely breathed some more life into the game for me.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I play sword lann. Just running around in pirate gear with no enchants. Getting wep enchant and wb/enthu should get me like 1500 more atk, then I'll be in a pretty good spot.

Mostly working on atk first then speed/crit. Then probably balance and def.

S3 kinda widens the gap between poo poo geared and well geared lanns since crit/gliding is such a huge portion of dps. 80crit res is no joke.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 29, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Does anyone know for sure whether shard replacements will reset the enhancement level on a piece of gear? It turns out a +10 3* full purple Regina chainblade (albeit without any enchants) is not that great compared to what I had, but I don't want to lose the enchant level on it by subbing in those orange shards I found.

Only changing the main shard colors will mess it up, there is some confusion between people on the intricacies of that though. But Changing the secondaries is always fine.

Karok is really fun and good. He's really fun to probe how hard a new dungeon is too since he's pretty hard to die with. A lot of people will say his dps is not good. But you probably won't ever group with supremely good players for it to matter. And his utility with boss clash is insane.

I think swordlann is still the hardest "top dps" to be good at because he has traditional smash combos. Where as arisha and hurk just chain smash forever and their defensive stuff doesn't hinder them.

If you ever looking into an alt from karok I would try hurk, his gameplay style is pretty similar.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 31, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

It's pretty much like Dodge frames. If you have "display when attacks are available" it pops up when he's doing a clashable move. There's also the tab key that supposedly autograbs, but it's pretty buggy. Beokros is probably the easiest to grab

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Sacrifice is passive, drains are passive but can be done manually for enhanced damage, I think snaps are passive(?). Scythe ultimate also stacks the drains with each combo too. Looks like a good change, she was already kinda smash-and-run-away, and her new stuff just enhances that kind of playstyle for scythes.

Scythe will probably still be very much a richman's class cuz the animations will be the same, but that's the price you pay for her potential for max anime princess.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Aug 17, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can join my solo guild Dopethrone, get a few hundred ap in capsules

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well Vindictus really broke out of the mold of MMO archetypes, and each weapon has a pretty unique styling. Like sword and shield in most MMOs is clunky and slow and really just a graphically representation of +block percentage or some nonsense, but fiona is pretty fast now-a-days and hits hard as hell. Or you would think the greatsword guy would be slow, and maybe setup big charge attacks to do damage, but he really has a crazy chain combo system. So definitely don't be afraid to explore other classes to their potential.

And yeah most dungeons are shortened by 1-2 stages.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Does she still stuck? I thought Korea holds her pretty high up, that's probably assuming high attack speed; she's a huge money sink.

I don't like season 3 too much and I didn't like the end of season 2. Regina takes a huge poo poo on me constantly, so I don't really enjoy fighting her. I still think season 1 is the funnest, but I can see why keagan and lionus would be huge assholes in-era too

darkhand fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 26, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah the forest is pretty well balanced and those bosses are fun to slice in half.

The game only really sucks because of elitism imo. Like if you're not with the in crowd of beating brand new stuff as it comes out you'll never get to. Like cromm as you said, no one is going to run that poo poo for some random newbies, hell I only beat it because of goddess grace events. And with instant death mechanics you can't even just power level past it like season 1. I haven't even beat r blood lord or succ queen.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 26, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

How do you not like miur? I think he's one of the perfect fights in the game. I think he's super fun to fight along with the lionhead guy, but I can actually solo miur within reasonable time.

What I do to make money is buy cheap ingredients for empowered stones. Paradise stones are too expensive to make and people actually use the ingredients for decently high end equipment so it's a waste to make them rather than farm them.

I also go through like 50-60 clothe equipment and dismantle it, because that part, spirit water?, jumps up in price pretty often into 500k territory. Buy anything under 100k is a good price point I think. If you can get dozens of lvl40ish (the middle level element stones breakpoint) for under 20k you can build those up too.

You can make a lot of money buying and selling ingredients for: empowered stones, element stones, magic powders. Especially if you buy during the week and sell during weekend.

Snatch up cheap mana reformers, epic stones, blessed magic powder, average spirit water, and 60ish cheap cloth and bow/gun equipment to dismantle.

(MGS5 is Really Good)

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 28, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah that's fair, I forget how frustrating that part is sometimes.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah you don't ever need to loot bosses

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Dogma looks pretty "Arcadey" compared to like Vindictus or Monster Hunter. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Maybe the broadcasters I saw playing it were just good or something, but the enemies didn't seem to put out a lot of damage, like MH monsters can.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I don't know how well the new greatsword lady will actually play, but she is the first new character I'm excited about.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Don't be ashamed to hit ship graveyard or TD and drop out half way through when you solo. It's still a lot of exp and stuff. Check the boards for people running the quest version of the dungeons, they are much shorter, but the bosses I think are slightly harder, they give a ton of exp.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I like Lynn, spinning around, shlonging through chumps like "heh naw kid, can't hit me" *flying guillotine on your face*

Her rotation feels a little long to me though, it's easy to get sidetracked and lose what you're doing and become reactive to the boss instead of proactive. Her actives are/were real dumb though.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah there's not any good grind missions till 50 anyways. Even then it's easier and funner to just do story. You get most things way earlier than you used to, so by 40ish you should have a huge majority of your kit to see if you actually like the character.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Finish any Rocheste stuff, it's insane exp most the time. Also check the board in S2 for quest dungeons if you're strong enough, they are fast and give a big exp. The boats for stuff like "treasure hunt", "underground city" is what you want.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah s2 is really good, except the druid guy, that part sucks. Lavaset and havan are super fun. The story boats are really fast and a ton of xp.

S3 is pretty hard, poo poo will wreck you with unblockables. Plus I'm pretty bad.

It's a lot easier to catch up now, but still hard to be anywhere near the top. It's hard compete with people that have 40atkspeed. And there's no way to get it without spending a lot in game gold or real dollars.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 6, 2016

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Your DPS drops a lot when you're not crosscutting, which is a lot times in a group. And your non cross cutting rotation is really boring. I think she also still has this weird janky dodge where you want to double dodge and end up doing backlash and it makes you get hit. I don't think any character is bad though.

I been playing black desert lately, it's pretty cool and actiony.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Slashing high is counter-intiutive. You don't use to for the super armor, you use it for the massive speed boost (gives you more dmg, lets you use more moves between windows), and at high levels you actually outpace the cost of it. It's extremely good. Attack speed is a total game changer in this because it improves every aspect of your character(dodging, cancels). Slashing high even more so because it also speeds up potions, running, everything.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Is the new enchants for plate something someone should be working towards or is it too cost intensive to be worth it? In comparison to say enchanted light set

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Anyone running around in this game? There's a lot of bonuses for having a static group right now while leveling. Add me on east@ 'Swon' I have all kinds of characters at different levels to do poo poo.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Man this update is crazy. Sucks I'm stuck in Rocheste on like every char except my lann though

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Superschaf posted:

Yeah I stuck with Delia for now and got her up to level 30 today. I watched some youtube videos to figure out that you sometimes just have to start your long attack combo away from the boss and time it so you land the big hits at the end without getting pummeled. Simple plan but not trivial to pull off.

I'll slowly work my way through the story and see where it takes me. The combat has been pretty enjoyable so far.
i don't remember the names of her abilities so this is a mess but:
both of her actives that you charge towards the boss with also let you use her big comet smash right afterwords too, and her right-click after big combos where she slides through the boss also lets you start your combo 1 l-click faster.
so you can air-click 3 times, then smash-delay-comet smash; them smash again for slide, then l-click only 2 times, to smash-delay comet smash; repeat.
I think delia is a great character, simple design and big hits and her actives aren't too messy.

lynn is also really good and her combos flow really well, her actives are a mess though.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 4, 2017

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah there's a lot of QoL stuff
Like the paladin/dk questline is smashed into like 1 quest now, rather than running back and forth to rochester and doing like 4 dungeons.

The only really lovely part of vindictus now is grinding out rochester before you get S2 quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The corruption gets on you when you walk around in the dark part of the grass. If it goes to 100 you die.
At her last phase she only takes damage if you're above like 40% corruption so you have to balance attacking her and running to the light grass.

for weapons you want an orange main essence, then you can enhance it and swap out the other peices for better stuff if you get any. It won't reset the enhancement, unless you swap out the main one.

I think you can even swap an orange main with another orange and still keep enhancement.