Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Arch we should go duo Blood Lord 2 :kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Morglon posted:

So apparently they have this contest where you get a thing when you're the first one with him to 90. I just did a Crescent Moon Island with one and I'm jealous as Arisha. He gets a much better teleport so he's much faster and also he gets to heal. That guy was super pushy though which I guess is understandable when you want to win the thing but drat it man let me grab my loot. Also I hate that place, everything flies and is poisoned.

Wait a Sylas in Crescent Moon already? is this on the EU server?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Welp there's the level 90 Haggie on west, and here I thought I might have a shot at it.

I can't nolife hard enough I guess.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Sylas is a mid to long range character that excels in mobility and relies on not getting hit to keep up his self buffs which allow him to gain extra damage on his attacks and can also offer support with active skills that give others life steal, a healing shield and an attack and stamina regen buff which is laid in an area and effects those who stay in the zone.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Morglon posted:

So if you're playing the Korean thing are there any changes to make Arisha's block not worthless?

Yeah gonna agree with Alder here, Arisha's block is really good and gives her so much safety to fall back.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Morglon posted:

If you time it right sure but that doesn't help with the fact that it catches one hit. Most interesting enemies hit two or even three times in a row which means that I pretty much eat at least two of them because it doesn't come up fast enought after the first hit. I pretty much always dodge which is mostly fine if I know the patterns but that still doesn't change the fact that it's barely more than just taking a step to the side and will never take you out of range of even the medium bosses. You do get kind of used to it but it still means I'm eating more damage than I should. Not to mention that even the slightest bit of lag completely kills my chances to not get hit and I'm not even asking for mana shield levels of keeping it up but some more tolerance than that quarter second would be nice.

Arisha block will block multi hit attacks if timed correctly.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

I wish my connection were this forgiving. I feel like maybe I chose the wrong character....

I play on at best a 2 bar connection and I can manage, are you playing through like 5 proxies or something?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

Playing on East while living on the west coast with a satellite connection. So.....close?

e: I manage a lot better when solo or hosting, since a lot more stuff is client-side, but that just means whoever tags along feels that pain instead.

My condolences, how much complaining do you get when hosting?

Morglon posted:

The bars don't seem to mean anything though, I've played on two and was perfectly fine and on four and it turned into a slide show. Also funny that you mentioned how it could block several attacks and I manage to get that done for the first time today, I've never seen it do that before.

Connection speeds are a huge problem though but that's more a community thing. You've got people with crap connections hosting because well, it never lags for them! Actually had a guy yell at the party when everybody complained that his connection was poo poo. Then you get plenty of we're gonna short man this with mostly 60s or 70s because I can only host for so many people which I will tell you the literal second before I start instead of asking someone else to host or people hosting anyway and telling the group they know they have a lovely connection as soon as the quest starts but of course they couldn't just ask anybody else to host.

Also while I'm ranting what is it about Sylas that makes people who play him so obnoxious? I mean the community in general is pretty poo poo but I've had tons of problems with Sylas players lately like them failing trials of Macha on purpose, opening doors with normal boxes and just generally demanding everything be done their way instead of just playing.

The connection speeds are usually pretty accurate to the bars for me whenever I'm playing, for Arisha if you weave block and dodge together it should give you a very long period of i-frames with no down time and that should be enough to block anything thrown at you when done correctly, if you're stuck being too close to a boss use diffusion warp in mana blade mode to get some distance if you need it and don't forget counter drain and ruin blade both also give you ways to avoid damage.

With people being crappy hosts the only thing you can really do is host yourself sadly or just solo everything.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hey Arch are you going to put Delia info into the OP or are you going to wait till she's actually out?

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

ArchWizard posted:

I'll wait until she's out because why tell players about a character they can't play?

So people who don't know about her have something to maybe look forward to and can prep for leveling her if they want to, though on the flip side I doubt anyone here doesn't already know so its w/e.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I pray they give us Lyn and Hurk's second weapons by December, it'd actually make me play again.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hello person who reads thread but doesn't post reporting in, I appreciate the updates on what's going even though I don't play much anymore so thanks Arch for the dedication. :cheers:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

This whole mess makes me very sad, I was actually thinking of coming back for Lethor too since she looks really cool to me but now it's a way tougher sell. :smith:

Also I find it kinda amusing Vindi still has enough of a population to shrink over this, I thought the only people left were the diehards who would never leave at this point.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Bah I uninstalled this to make space for PSO2 but a unique title and golden time makes me at least a little tempted to come level a Lethor till I get sick of dealing with fatigue.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

All those character buffs and not a single thing for Lynn, what the gently caress! :argh:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Ah well poo poo monkey paw I guess. :doh:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Oh what the heck they're moving away from source? Crazy if true.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Hot drat they really dropped the Source engine? Also the game only used 4gb of ram before??? Wonder if this means it'll run a lot better for me now. :thunk:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I just wanted to say I hate how that name is pronounced. :colbert:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Letty looks cool and so do those enhancement changes, I only wish these changes came like 5 years ago instead. :negative:

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Yeah a single player Vindictus doesn't sound like fun to me, was hoping it was a big revamp to the main game instead or hell just a sequel mmo.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

We need the javelins back at least, those were important raid mechanics!

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

drat that Lann buff sounds crazy, aren't those also his main dps tools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Nerfing counter attacks suckssss that's some of the most fun poo poo to do.