Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

phourniner posted:

EDIT: nevermind, uninstalled the game, it's just not that fun :/ I just spent 10 minutes running back and forth in the town from the same places talking to bland people where I just click through the story, battles aren't interesting enough to be worth the time I spend in them, which is all of five minutes. Please disregard my application, thanks!

It's OK the game is fashion sim with RNG elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Welp, I was thinking of checking this out again (I looked at it briefly a few years ago) but the client whines at me about some secondary password... that can't actually be set through the Nexon website, and 5 minutes of googling fails to show the solution.

Basically you click on the secondary password button and it'll let you set it after the prompt.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

kaempfer0080 posted:

Is the OP still accurate in terms of Guilds on East? Haven't played this game in so long, checking out Arisha now. Anyone play on East or is everyone in Diabetic Dogs?

Yes as in there's no SA-affiliated guild on east. I play there but mostly logging for the afk events.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

It turns out there's a nice bug/exploit with fishing that allows you to use the event fishing poles indefinitely to get a billion event boxes of garbage.

You know, in case you don't want to actually play the game.

Title change requested to Fishing sim.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

The event is worth doing if you want a cat hat (hat cat?)

The amount of suffering for a enchant rune is not really worth it but my friend tells me the cat hat falls under Not Too Rare in the greater scheme of Vin. Meanwhile I'll sit in town and buy some hats once the price drop hits.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zaras posted:

Thinking of getting into this again, is West still as dead as it was a yearish ago?

It's not dead. It's sleeping.

Anyways, East is the same.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think it's safe to say that they forgot about this holiday.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

welp thanks for keeping us up to date all these years and I returned with no idea how to progress.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

So what's everyone doing since they removed the 100% and +13 runes? I'm just wondering if I'm just as lost on wep progression :thunk:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The missing +12 gear gift is a huge slap in the face all the returners who came back a few days ago and missed it. I'm back on hiatus since I'm stat-gated from raids again.

Welp, cya everyone in 30 days.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think the worst part is that they tied it to the Lvl 90 gift box so now everyone OTHER than my main PC will get it :thunk:

Nx even their free events are disappointing.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think I'm going mad but actually interested in the Grimden launch with the free rewards. That +12 flawless stone is mocking me as I failed +11 twice today. I've been wanting a decent male PC for ages so here's to hoping.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

How much of a pain is going to be to regear for lvl 100?

Depends. The wep itself is approximately 70m and armor is lower. Ummm accessories will cost like 300m all said and done. I'm reminded why I quit this game the longer in back often.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Easier said than done :ghost:

I'm just sitting here with my purple gears and failing enhancements left and right.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tiny fox charm :v:

Alder fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 29, 2018

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I waited 30 min for neam boat to fill and immediately followed by a game crash :,)

What do at lvl 100?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Grimden event ended and back to login events forever.

e: did redeemers and wow endgame is :thunk:

Alder fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 9, 2018

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Don't feel bad about dying a bunch and getting carried. You'll keep your dignity so long as you try your best and don't whine too much (a little whining is permitted because everybody knows Redeemers is bullshit). If it makes you feel any better, Redeemers isn't really endgame because the rewards not only are bad, but are horribly out of date besides. Oh boy, a 3* level 70 ring. That sure makes up for getting horsemurdered.

Really, Neam and Balor are the Shinryu and Omega to Macha's Exdeath. This analogy is even better when you consider how important Butz are to the game's character designs :v:

Ugh, I can live with dying a bunch but watching an entire highly ranked +16 party die in 30 min is depressing af and we lost at 3 bars. Also it's weird how it's not even in QB so you never know if there's a boat up other than mega. Agreed how rewards are strange due to its difficulty and all.

I'm hyped for Miul too but that's another 6 months away. Time to reserve IGNs.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hats are clearly the best xmas gifts NX can offer and they're right.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

upon further review of how comrades work comrades are trash nm

comrades are a good indicitor on how rich the owner is though and poor decsision makers.

How's grimden? I'm still waiting and saw a few 95+ grims around.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am extremely salty about regearing

embrace mediocrity

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

NX release miul first before the returners leave v:v:v

I guess that's it for the new event and time for another hiatus.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Guess which guild mission I have for today :ghost:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Regarding Guild Campfire Gold Abuse

They're being quiet about the bug on the forums. Does anyone here know what this was about?

Players getting refunds from the guild campfires and keeping the buff. Imagine losing your entire acc for 65k.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Control Volume posted:

I remember playing this back in the day and my memories are basically that it was monster hunter but not quite as good, is that still the case? Does it offer anything over just restarting MH:W?

1. it's free
2. u will die before you make any real progress in gears due to the hell grind

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

UPDATE:

THE SEX DUNGEON ISN'T INCLUDED IN THE PURCHASE PRICE

Yeah all the extras not included and I've always felt 10m was expensive for monthly rent. Also, I think I've run into you during QB raids.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

tentatively waiting for miul update before summer.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eira coming to NA next month and only took 4 months :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

the best items are the free avatar stuff imho now there's no reason to spend :20bux: for customization

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Unrelated: We should probably come up with a new thread title because the devs removed dismemberment a long time ago. Any ideas?

vindictus: welcome to the grind

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

I want something that would distinguish us from other MMOs :colbert:

vindictus: best fashion sim 2012

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hyped for Eira and yet again another gacha sales :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Eira is p fun but I'm already suffering the gear grind once I hit endgame since even with all the freebies Evie can't hit QB reqs and she's been around forever.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

finally a proper set for eira

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm halfway with the collecting event and I just want to lie down forever. On one hand, I'm glad it's not RNG but drat 10 raids a day and I'm burned out after Eira's launch.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Don't you need outfit points to unlock the dye part? I've only managed to unlock 2 slots on 2 PC since AP.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Yes, you need quite a few points. You have to be a whale to unlock enough slots to really play around with this stuff. I've got eight characters and have been playing more or less since the game left open beta, accruing freebies all the while, and I've only earned enough wardrobe points to unlock four outfit slots and one dye slot. It's not great.

welp, I never buy outfitters so this update is p meh for avg players. I guess, new avatar stuff :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Schubalts posted:

Doesn't help that there hasn't been a new set in the outfitters in a long long time.

the last direct sale iirc was back in 2017 :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

New outfits come out pretty often, but having them come from gacha boxes dampens any enthusiasm I might have for buying more NX to get them. The game has enough RNG; I don't want to gamble with real money, too, you fuckers :catstare:

i feel like it's too late at this point too. everything is gacha boxes down. also there's no real community other than this thread and discord full of whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Is this game still a massive grind?
I had a ton of fun with it but hit a wall where everything was millions of gold without a decent way to make money.

yes, even with extra luk items and VVIP I just barely made enough for 1 wep for Eira. Mostly I feel like the only players left are whales and you can tell as they're ranked under top 10 players daily for their class. I took a break since the daily raid grind is depressing if you consider it the time/effort.