Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Has the grind factor changed much in say, the last 2 years or so? Haven't played since before GW2 came out but I felt like this got pretty intensely grindy even by the 30's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

ShadowMoo posted:

Apparently I had 5k NX in my old account that expired. Lovely. Never seen an MMO put an expiration date on their currency.

You are a fortunate person to have never played Wildstar.

E: Apparently they never went through with expiring Credd in that game? Initially they had said it would expire after 3 months but I guess they went back on that.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 20, 2015

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

They shortened all of the S1 boats significantly and dramatically increased the XP you get from the story missions and some side missions. The end result is that playing through the story and doing the easy, valuable side stories for S1 and S2 gets you up past level 80 without any additional grind.

edit: Almost all S1 boats, the castle levels are all still really long.

That sounds really good. When I was playing last, basically I hit a point in the 30s where I would rapidly run out of level appropriate quests each level and so it was just raw grinding most of the time.

By 'shortened all of the boats' you mean the actual levels themselves got a lot shorter? I was trying to remember if there was any way to skip those boat introductions when entering/reentering dungeons or not. :v: