Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

We need a gif of the bear decapitation/elf dismemberment because drat.

SO MUCH BLOOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Last night I was doing a Ben Chenner run and I turned around to see a party member cut a bear in half and send the front half flying across the map, blood spraying out of it like a rocket.

I guess he found our onslaught to be UNBEARABLE.

So anyway: I really like the new Regina gear system. If you're not rich as balls, you can easily/cheaply wrangle up a set of purple feathers that don't let you enhance past +10 or enchant past rank 8. Even if you do find an orange feather later, you can spend some Godly mats to switch it into the piece of equipment you already have. Of course, you lose any improvements you had in the first place, so you might be better off selling your orange feathers anyway :v:

This is my plan for my Arisha who's gear I sold for loads a money a few months before S3.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I need to correct my earlier self. I just checked the S3E1 announcement page and found out that replacing the feather or shards in a Regina item doesn't reset enchants or enhancement level. That's actually really generous.

It does replace it if you upgrade the level of it apparently though, like going from blue to purple. Not that it matters since it has to be orange to go past 10 anyway.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

You can play the game just fine without enchants and with minimal enhancement, plus you occasionally get free enchant/enhance stuff periodically. If you like the game enough to bother slogging through enchanting you will probably be willing to drop some dollars on runes and poo poo.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

A thread on the official forums pointed out that a +10 purple Regina weapon (which is cheap) hits the attack cap as easily as a +10 orange Regina weapon.

Worth nothing though that the orange weapons get higher crit/speed/bal and can actually go past 10 (rich people only zone). Although technically all you need to go past 10 is an orange feather.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ShadowMoo posted:

There any way I should be building my Lann? I'm kind of just putting in skills at randon.

There isn't really a 'wrong' way to build your character in this game since there's a hard cap for your skills (I think it's about 180k AP total for Lann). That said, putting AP in your actual combat skills is always a good choice, especially since they're much cheaper than mastery skills. You also want to make sure you level up your armor and weapon proficiencies so you can use new poo poo as you level.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Drakes posted:

Anyone on play east coast servers while from the west? Moved to the west a year ago but I got my stuff all over the eastern servers.

Wondering how the general experience is for someone playing on the other server.

I know several people who play in east from the west coast and even Australia and poo poo. I think as long as your connection is stable it's not too bad, you'll just have to learn the delay.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Drakes posted:

Yeah I tried some raids earlier and seemed alright, can be pretty hit/miss depending on who is hosting. I was pretty much at 3 bars/blue most of the fights.

And christ Fiona got really confusing when it came to her defensive options between the deflect and various counters with the small shield. Maybe I'll level up Vella for what seems to be simpler counter options.

As a career sword Vella, I say don't play sword Vella because she has lots of bugs and weirdness and really low damage. Fiona is much easier to counter with, and you could also try pillar Karok or Arisha for your countering needs.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I already tried windows 10 on my laptop and couldn't play Vindictus so I had to revert it to 7 so I can DUAL BOX. But hey they have a year after it releases to make Vindictus work with it!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

A high enhanced 80 weapon is probably your best bet at this point unless you are loaded and can go for a full orange 90. And it's really easy to restore 80s now as well, between the lowered cost, raid ap bottoming out at 50, and the 50% VIP bonus that stacks with everything.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Karok is a really cool and unique class that doesn't get played enough because he is a gigantic black dude instead of an anime waifu. I don't main Karok because Vella is my poo poo but he is my favorite alt.

Clash is one of the coolest skills in the game because you get to RULES OF NATURE most raid bosses. Also you get to hold hands with the newest boss all romantic like before you jump up and chaos dunk her face.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

SoggyGravy posted:

What guilds are you guys in now? Also are you lot in a mumble or anything?

No mumbles or anything I'm aware of. A number of goons on East are in Lion Heart.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

SoggyGravy posted:

wierd, when I search for guilds Lion Heart three come up as 1 member but there is no space in the name.

UPDATE: Found it and applied, had to search just for Heart for some reason...

Yeah the guild search is kind of bad and weird. Let me know what your ign is and I'll let you in. Can also whisper Holodeck/Hoiodeck/Sausages.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Snaps are the same, they just don't stack now, back to invisible loom only forever and always probably.

Still will probably need 50-60 aspd minimum. Time to sell everything I own for a set of WB CBP.

Have we been getting any skill reset caps for revamps? I could probably my tens of thousands of AP from scythe into staff and see what the shiny side is like.

I am reasonably certain class revamps come with a full reset capsule but this is nexon after all.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

It's nice that Fiona is getting her ultimate SP attack, but I think it would be better if Vella got her penultimate SP attack. Because gently caress Glacier Terminus what a piece of poo poo that is.

Lol Vella is never gonna get anything good GARBAGE TIER CLASS FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuno posted:

I'm playing as the spear woman, she is pretty cool but her town walking animation is a loving travesty. What kind of armour is she supposed to use?

You can pretty much use any armor you want, but for the most part while leveling anything but Evie and Arisha you want to use heavy and/or plate armor. At high levels it depends on whether you want to spend crazy amounts of money on enchanting but I wouldn't worry about that unless you get to 90.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So, from the sounds of it this game has gotten less grindy over time then? I played waaaay back when there was only like 3 or 4 characters and I remember the grind being kind of obnoxious.

It's less grindy in general. It's still pretty grindy if you want to go whole hog with enchanting and enhancing (because you have to grind for the money to afford that poo poo), but with the way new 90 gear works you can get passable gear pretty easily at level cap.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Eu already has it but I knew we would just get another garbage outfit anyway.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Vindictus S3EP2: two fat dudes in a hole

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Just lol if u don't have a 30+ character password that u type every time.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There will never be a dual shield guy. Only waifus.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

There's also Magical K-pop Husbando on the way, at some point.

I believe you mean a sandwich :colbert:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Akadus is actually a cool and fun fight IMO and I wish Kai was basically Akadus because he would be cool then.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

He is admittedly less of a piece of poo poo than Callidus, and his gimmick is funnier. Good job getting owned by sliding blocks.

If you have at least two people you can constantly lure him up to the blocks and knock him off (which you have to do to get a title anyway).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Cheap Shot posted:

You didn't miss too much. It was a bunch of rigged bullshit. Each rod let you catch 1 fishing trap which contained a "random" item that could be a good enchant scroll! (not random, and you never get the scrolls) The best thing I got was 1 merc potion.

I've gotten a bunch of element stones and element stone mats out of them, and you get fish eggs that you can use for pet food (if you ever use pets).

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Also, they're reworking armor and removing a lot of gender restrictions on gear:

I hope they're not saying that character-specific gear is no longer restricted. I don't want to see Lanns in White Shark :gonk:

On the other hand, I do want to see Lanns in white shark :getin:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

darkhand posted:

Yeah the forest is pretty well balanced and those bosses are fun to slice in half.

The game only really sucks because of elitism imo. Like if you're not with the in crowd of beating brand new stuff as it comes out you'll never get to. Like cromm as you said, no one is going to run that poo poo for some random newbies, hell I only beat it because of goddess grace events. I haven't even beat r blood lord or succ queen.

Blood Lord 2 is a lovely terrible fight so you aren't missing anything there at least. Also you can do those on normal where you can rez people.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

And yet, somehow, people aren't running Ben Chenner Entrance or Trailhead to farm them :smith:

I thought Karok was next in line for a revamp? I mean, I know for sure he's getting a revamp, but shouldn't his come out before anyone else's?

I thought his revamp was already announced?

Edit: next month is Kai/Vella just for korea we still get to wait 2 more years.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 27, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuno posted:

I'm playing this game in the slowest manner possible. It is a good game imo to play in half hour to an hour chunks after work when I can't be bothered to play anything heavier, I get a bit bored playing for long stretches though. Basically every 3 days or so I run a dungeon a couple of times to clear all the objectives and oaths and get stuff, stop for half a week then repeat with the next dungeon. I'll probably reach the level cap in 10 years at this rate. It's fun though, very casual game to play. At least for leveling, I'm sure the endgame is a grindy pain in the arse.

Anyway, this is all fine and good but I loving hate the break off mechanic. I'm real bad at it. It is hard to do solo, which is basically how I have played the game 90% of the time and trying to do it with other people is a real crapshoot, with people who either don't care and just want to kill the boss as fast as possible or people who try, but are even shittier than me at it. Is there some way to trivialise them because I am poo poo at aiming spears.

Also, is the second and third season stuff you do after finishing the first season storyline or have I been missing things?

Speaking of missing things what is the point of the city? I went there once and it seemed kind of empty, and almost completely depopulated compared to the starting village which is always packed with people running around in their underwear.
The city you go to for quests starting in the late 50s. Breakoffs for the most part don't really matter, but you can make them easier with Sticky Bombs or by being a Kai (and to a lesser extent Chainblade Vella). You have to finish Season 1 and 2 before you can start Season 3 (which has a minimum level of 75 anyway).

The endgame is still good for short chunks of playtime. You can do a raid or two in that time since this game's raids are just "walk in and murder the boss" instead of hours-long trash clearing messes.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Ougher posted:

I saw this guild mentioned in the OP, and went ahead and sent a request. My IGN is the same as here, so if any of you cool dudes want to let someone who can approve it know that I too am a cool dude, that would be swell.

Taken care of :getin:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Who do I have to bribe, and how much, to get to use all of those sweet sweet title armorsets?

Just beg admins until one of them has nothing better to do than shuffle items around.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmWYVdN8ug

Today's number comes from Lionotus and Earthshaker Zaka. I have no jokes to make about these bosses. They're ridiculous. They're not even fun.

Zaka is easy and Lionotus was a cool fight with the bombing gimmick that doesn't really matter now that he's easily out-geared.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

UPDATE: gently caress running Hero Succubus

It's what she wants :shepface:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

If they really cared about their alts then they would also be level 90 and geared and have 400+ titles. Then this wouldn't be a problem.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am OK with logging in for free garbage.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Is the Premium Enhancement Rune the +11 rune? I don't remember ever getting one of those free before. Maybe that is something else like a never-fail up to +10 run.

Premium is the +11 rune.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuai posted:

why make new weapons when they can just use that weapon on a brand new character to have people shell out NX for hair/inners/leveling poo poo

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

At first we thought Hurk didn't get a second weapon because he was already op. Now we know its just so they can make more waifus and husbandos and sell more underpants. We are trapped by this underpants economy. At least they are safe from Ferghus.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:3:

i named my grindr lmao

Somehow I knew that was you when I saw it last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think almost all of us are in Lion Heart now.

Also sometimes referred to as Lion Fart in case you really need your fart fix.