Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Today came with a surprise announcement regarding character slots.

No more will old-timers have to wonder if they'll need to pony up ten bucks every time a new character is released. Soon, every account gets twenty-eight character slots for free and Nexon will stop selling premium character slots. I wonder what led to this decision?

more underpants sales, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Honestly as someone who mained sword Vella I'd be happy with the random flinch/knockdown removal if it had been done like 5 years ago lmao.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

quote:

Sword Vella can chain Typhoon Slash off of more smashes. All of her attacks have better range. A lot of her moves got damage buffs. Cross Cut and Typhoon Slash are exceptions; they got a 5% reduction in damage, which is minor. And speaking of Cross Cut: They fixed a bunch of situations so you can actually, you know, use it. There's a big list of enemy attacks that you couldn't cross cut before but can now.

are they specifically trying to make me come back? lmfao

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

That's an awful lot of days I could be afking in FFXIV instead!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OK so I foolishly decided to give the game another shot and after making an Eira and breezing through the story through most of S3 (just past where you unlock neamhain) the "new player" experience is pretty dang good right now with all the free stuff you get while leveling. And there's 18 characters so honestly a lot of content even if you don't want to get involved in the endgame raid and gacha grind.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

oh boy all curves succubus queen and trivene witch sets time 4 whaling

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Danny next week and we gettin' some drop rate buffs and a big redeemer crit buff

quote:

The difficulty of earning Redeemers progress stats, which haven't been applied in NA and Europe, will be improved.

Adjustments have been made to the previous progress stats that were earned by progress so that players can gain CRIT RTE +4 upon reaching 5% progress in each Redeemers battle.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

the good news is that vindictus will live forever on the money they make from the continued fat titty outfits

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Man i wish Naberius would stop objectifying me!

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I follow you on Twitter. I see your retweets. You're just as bad as he is :colbert:

I have never turned someone to stone in my life :colbert:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Delia's Karok impression is so good

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

For baka:

Whoever made this posted a bunch of their Genshin in-game cosplays on the vindi forums but no Beidou, Ningguang, or Yae Miko. Oh well.

Oh yeah I've seen them a few times it's a dang good Ayaka

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I stopped playing for about 5 years and recently started again and the game has improved so who knows.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am not I just joined it like 2 days ago lmao

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Big fat content drop that most people can't do and yet still no blackwater outlaw outfit rerun

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Latiya is pretty cool and the Laura outfit somehow has even more tiddy than previous AC outfits.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

- You know those cool ornaments people get by farming Mag Mell? There's an option to turn off other players' ornaments during battle. Good.

thank fuckin god those things hurt my eyes

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

36 jardins from the attendance is pretty dang good if you have any ardri gear to enhance.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The wardrobe update is pretty rad

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

In closing:

same

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Thank you ArchWizard for your continued service updating us about this dead game more concisely than my guild discord does lmao. (I have never touched mag mell gently caress pvp I ain't here for that)

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Actual good news?????

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

They're working on adding Hero Plus Mode to battles, which is a new difficulty level designed for players who want skilled play instead of facetanking and mashing the dang ol' potion button and VVIP grace button. The idea is to let you do a harder version of a battle in exchange for higher drop rates. But you also have to spend two departures per win instead of one.

This is actually something I wanted even down to using 2 departures lmao. I'd rather do half as many fights that take twice as long.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I'm pretty sure they're removing it because they know people only do it to trade seals and it's not worth the upkeep.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

at least they didn't nerf vella's counterattacks (because those are 90% of her damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

[*]It will be possible to "craft avatar from previous equipment". I guess/hope that it means it'll be possible to turn certain cosmetic gear items into outfit items.

I'm guessing this means turning regular armor into outfits (like the character-specific armor set outfits that they hand out sparingly but for everything)