Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Welp, so much for Vindictus in the near future.

(Not downgrading just for this softcore grinding simulator)

Apparently the patch today has fixed Vindictus with Windows 10, and folks are reporting that all the wonky workarounds needed to get it to work previously are all unnecessary now - just launch it like normal and it works fine. In fact, people are saying the game runs even better than before, but until I upgrade to Win10 myself I'm going to take that with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

The deadline to turn in ultimate objective coupons is in a day or so. Also, the Vindictus Twitter has hinted that something good is in the works for Evie. I don't know what, though. I bet it's going to be a disappointment.

If you're a scythe user, it's okay. Can now double blink without the stupid hop meaning you have crazy mobility, drain is now a passive, and a new active attack called Arcane Gate that does a ton of damage and basically gives you 10 seconds of stealth/invuln on a 2:30 cooldown. We also get stamina skills, which will help scythies a lot.

If you're a staff user, this is basically the second coming of jesus. Mastery bonuses no longer cancel each other so we can cast spells in any order without losing bonuses, we can build focus now while moving, flying sparrow had it's range doubled so we can actually dodge stuff, all spells hit with an explosion now for AE damage, new ranks, etc. Oh yeah, and then there's Raze. Imagine for a moment your characters most powerful SP skill and the damage that it does. Take that damage times 2.5. Put it on a 2:30 cooldown. Now remove the SP cost entirely, and turn it into a gigantic 7-second long laser beam of death. That's the new Evie staff skill. This video isn't the best example around as it's a weak boss to start with, but, behold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkWW-mGRmM

If that's not enough, mana amber has been redone to a full shield that blocks everything without a chance to break or to throw us across the map, and mana shields now regen faster and take into account a players defense, meaning there's a decent shot at Evies tanking as well if not better than Fifis.

It's a nice revamp.

Nyfrin fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Aug 17, 2015