Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

spog posted:

1) Buy a handheld wire brush for $2.
2) Paint it with Hammerite (whatever the equivalent of a rust preventing paint)

Realise that you are trying to justify buying a new toy that you don't really need for this job by imagining that you will need it later.

This is a fundamental issue that you need to resolve to curb your spending.
In addition to this, a dremel isn't at all the right power tool. A angle grinder is probably correct, with the right grit sandpaper (fine) and then a buffing pad depending. I just use a fine grit sanding wheel when I grind my welding table to ensure I get a good contact under my ground clamp and also under my work.

Harbor fright has acceptable angle grinders, but their sanding disks are trash. For a single table Id say use a wire brush and a rust inhibitor or similar. Ask in DIY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Put an angle grinder and assortment of flap discs on your future wanted list :D

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
I think the hair expense is fine myself. My ex's hair cost $100 from a friend (professional) or $150-180 from a salon. Budget for it, you can count on it happening every 6-8wks (I realize your wife said otherwise, but usually it's a ~6wk thing no?)

The commute is insane to me. I was recently commuting 40-50min to my work and I frigging hated it. I live 15min from work without traffic or 20-30 with normal morning traffic and that's pushing it for me. But I don't want to live downtown so them's the breaks...

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

signalnoise posted:

I'll try to get a spending record together one of the next couple days. Been a hell of a month. I'll also get around to answering mindphlux's questions. Overall I have not been doing well on the budget, mostly due to eating out for lunch.
I thought you liked cooking? This doesn't reconcile. :doh:

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

signalnoise posted:

Shamefully we have managed to not be moved into the new house yet. We discovered a problem that will require an electrician plus we've been too busy to do the final push on moving. So I still don't have a kitchen. Womp womp
:bang: Yet you're already paying for your expensive Internet and mortgage and etc. Holy poo poo, lazy. Get on it.

CuteJen96 posted:

Just found out that I've got 24 hours of sick time, 12 hours of PTO, and 5 vacation days left for this year.
Wrong thread? But, I'm sorry, you need more PTO. Gettin' the shaft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

signalnoise posted:

Yeah poo poo keeps going wrong with the house. Should be moved in Wednesday. Also the reason I haven't posted the record yet is because I have actively been going to SA less (to my benefit I think, mostly) and it just never occurs to me to do it when I'm home. Blehhhhh

Why aren't you moved in? :choco:

• Locked thread