Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

signalnoise posted:

I have another idea. I'm going to use this thread as a sounding board. I will tell you the problem I'm trying to solve and you tell me the way to get it done without going overboard.

Problem 1: I have a steel table that I got with the house, and it's rusty as gently caress. I want to get rid of the rust and in general clean it up along with the rest of the garage workshop area.

Solution idea: Get some rust remover like CLR or something and work it in. I want to get a Dremel with a grinder/sander/polisher attachment (I already have the attachments and I want the Dremel for other stuff too) and use that to get rid of any rust and poo poo I can't work out with a scrub brush.

1) Buy a handheld wire brush for $2.
2) Paint it with Hammerite (whatever the equivalent of a rust preventing paint)

Realise that you are trying to justify buying a new toy that you don't really need for this job by imagining that you will need it later.

This is a fundamental issue that you need to resolve to curb your spending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread