Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

rudatron posted:

It's not a breakdown in gender roles that's leading to pop-decline, it's a society where both parents have to work, or the transition of jobs from full-time to part-time (and the destruction of job/income stability that brings), or the expense of childcare.

That's exactly the kind of society feminists wanted, though- a world where white upper class women could pay working class minorities to raise their kids for them while they went to work and participate as consumers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Yeah feminism is an ideology renowned for its racism.

What the gently caress are you babbling about?

This isn't the same thing as the social reforms that the Soviets attempted to institute with the NEP. Modern feminism has a distinctly western and distinctly capitalist in thought and ideology, and that's why it managed to cement itself into western society. How would the US even function now without a huge pool of day cares, nannies, and lower income individuals that are always present to take care of the kids of the middle and upper classes?

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Why are you equating feminism with the white privilege of the most prominent ideologues of the Second Wave, though? It sounds like you're saying feminism bad because white people bad.

Because I think it is an ideology wholly owned and subsidized by the bourgeoise. Rarely does it permeate into where it is needed the most: households with high birth rates and huge amounts of poverty- both only possible because of traditional gender roles. Post gender equality will only happen after it does reach the proletariat.

e: and yeah, white people owning an ideology tends to make it suck

Job Truniht fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jul 20, 2015

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

Ocrassus posted:

'Emotions are useless' is a terrible statement, and one that I believe contributes to a drab and repressive social environment.

You don't have to be emotional to be compassionate. There are a variety of perfectly rational reasons not to treat someone like poo poo.

• Locked thread