Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

afeelgoodpoop posted:

Hypothetically this happens and like some people who advocate for it theorize, a large portion of the population develops a fluid nongender specific sexuality. Do you think such a society would be able to keep itself from dieing out? I don't. Societys with merely greater liberation for women seem to be enough to put the majority of them on a death spiral. While I agree with you that it is ultimately a greater moral good to do so and would definitely help keep children from developing painful gender dysphoria, ultimately you have to weigh the costs. A more just society Isn't worth it if it's going to die out in five generations.

The desire to have children is not related to sexuality or gender identity, so unless a huge number of people choose to go on hormone treatments that render them infertile (which is really, really far-fetched), there will still be procreation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Men who have sex with men, and women who have sex with women, and transgender/genderfluid people all manage to have children and/or care for children, so this is a ridiculous argument.

Further, there's still going to be loads and loads of people who are cis, straight and loving each other without protection. Do you think the sole reason that people aren't coming out as gay, bi, trans or genderfluid is because it's not socially acceptable? Why in god's name would you assume that a loosening or elimination of gender roles would lead people to stop trying to get it on with each other? It's ridiculous.

• Locked thread