Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I really hope that kid dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Starts out with genuinely creepy, unsettling poo poo, to that stupid kid's dumb poo poo, to excellent auction scene, to complete schlock with the train sequence and subsequent electrocution which I was laughing extremely hard at, right into an Ed Wood monologue, holy poo poo.

I also wish the threat of the little worms being everywhere when you kill them - especially with massed gunfire - other than the token few times a main pointed down and says 'watch the worms'.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

B.H. Facials posted:

I haven't wanted a TV show character to die a more painful death in many, many years. The last time I felt like this?

Elizabeth Mitchell's son on V.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gordong Dongbay posted:

So how did that cholo firing squad not rip through the van while firing straight at it? Protag power to the rescue I guess.

I guess you can assume it was part of Fet armoring it up earlier. Like how the semi running into it gouged a hole in the side but didn't actually pierce the back area.

Also, is it me or did it seem like they cut something in that scene because when Gus went to check on stuff the door to the back compartment was all ruined and hanging off it's hinges.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

B.H. Facials posted:

I can't believe they have kept him around this long. Was so hoping that this episode was going to end with "and Zach got on a train to grandma's, and he was never heard from again".

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rick and Morty finale had more emotional impact.

Also, Palmer taking Coco's(?) heart was interesting because in the books it was Setrakian who kept his lovers infected heart in a jar.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ahaha, they really have no idea what they're doing with this stupid D-tier drama. The writers think viewers actually care about a terrible child actor as a leverage point and don't realize of all the retarded unbelievable non-human behavior in the plot the presence of a child actor central to their story will always be a guaranteed to collapse into rubble

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MariusLecter posted:

Rick and Morty finale had more emotional impact.

Also, Palmer taking Coco's(?) heart was interesting because in the books it was Setrakian who kept his lovers infected heart in a jar.

Setrakian kept his wife's heart in the show until Palmer stole it as a trophy, I guess it is meant as some symbolic expression of Palmer making a turn to see from Setrakian's point of view after mocking him for his sentimentality.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

that kid is such a little poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KatWithHands posted:

Well I guess that makes sense, even if it departs from the books. I read somewhere that Mia Maestro landed a major role in Scandal this season. Probably tripped over herself jumping from this ship.

Well good thing my girlfriend loves that show because without her on the Strain I have no real reason to continue.

Also how the gently caress are there still fires burning?

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
RIP in peace Nora, you were too good of a surrogate mom for this little piece of poo poo

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's Nora's fault anyways. Why in the hell did she even hesitate after Zach yelled "No"? She has no doubt that his mother is just another puppet from the master. She should have lopped that head off as soon as she had a chance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bull3964 posted:

It's Nora's fault anyways. Why in the hell did she even hesitate after Zach yelled "No"? She has no doubt that his mother is just another puppet from the master. She should have lopped that head off as soon as she had a chance.

She wanted to die just to get away from Zach.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

steinrokkan posted:

Setrakian kept his wife's heart in the show until Palmer stole it as a trophy, I guess it is meant as some symbolic expression of Palmer making a turn to see from Setrakian's point of view after mocking him for his sentimentality.

I think we're missing the point, he ripped her open with just his hands. Meh finale, super fast moving vampires are so dumb too, just use slow motion.

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014

WitchFetish posted:

RIP in peace Nora, you were too good of a surrogate mom for this little piece of poo poo

Yeah. I hate that kid so much. Well, at least all the characters I care about are together on the tugboat of awesomeness...

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

That, and it's a good way to deny The Master control over her body. When she died, Eichorst said "Now she has loyalty" or something like that, implying that The Master would keep her around as a slave to taunt Palmer.

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

I think we're missing the point, he ripped her open with just his hands.

Are you talking about Palmer? He puts down the surgical tools in the camera shot immediately preceding him picking up her heart.

steinrokkan posted:

Setrakian's wife's heart was also a lifetime supply of worms to drop in his eyeballs. Maybe Palmer is going to be grinding up Coco's worms as a replacement for Master blood? I dunno, this show is dumb.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WitchFetish posted:

I'm hoping it's because Mia Maestro got up fed with the show or landed a better gig on something else.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jesus Christ on a cracker zach

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
zach you stupid fucker you stupid little poo poo

Joachim1167
Feb 24, 2014
This was kind of...funny.

https://youtu.be/5aSs-2SzvSU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wait wait wait, was that last turd of an episode actually the finale? nothing fucing happened

sheesh they should have just made the finale a parody episode, I would actually watch this. it's genuinely funny.

to

"A clean soundproof respite from the urban hullabaloo"

"I offer all my guests the finest Californian wine"
'Do you have a crib??'
"oh poo poo."

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 6, 2015

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The pineapple is a great touch. :allears:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Astroman posted:

The pineapple is a great touch. :allears:

It's all a matter of taste. :D

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I love that they had that whole auction scene and at no time did the good guys think to mention that Eichorst is a vampire. Marlo from the Wire may well have reconsidered selling to a literal human-devouring monster, but Zetrakian didn't bother to bring it up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Comrade Fakename posted:

I love that they had that whole auction scene and at no time did the good guys think to mention that Eichorst is a vampire. Marlo from the Wire may well have reconsidered selling to a literal human-devouring monster, but Zetrakian didn't bother to bring it up.

He's told them Eichorst wanted the book to end the world and they didn't care. Why would they care about a nazi vampire?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

He's told them Eichorst wanted the book to end the world and they didn't care. Why would they care about a nazi vampire?

Still feels like something they should have mentioned. "Thought we were exaggerating before? That guy is literally a vampire."

Also:

"I'm a builder of abbatoirs who for some reason operates in the city limits of New York. I only find it a little strange that I'm called upon to build an abbatoir inside of a city, and one currently under quarantine. The abbatoir has oddly large, human-sized cages in it. There are currently vampires roaming the streets, eating people, a fact now obvious to everyone, and we were hired by an incredibly creepy German man. What could this abbatoir possibly be used for? I have no idea."

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I feel like Eichorst should be in charge of the apocalypse and things would go much smoother. This Master guy just isn't very competent. Really, neither are the Ancients.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This bonus webcontent is literally better than the actual show

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

wormil posted:

This Master guy just isn't very competent. Really, neither are the Ancients.

Who in this show would you consider competent in any way?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

NmareBfly posted:

Fet and only Fet.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Lady Mayor seems to be doing an okay job.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

DarklyDreaming posted:

Fet and only Fet.

Even after his "demolitions" job?

That Eichhorst bnb video is amazing though; magnitudes better than the actual series.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

NmareBfly posted:

That kid is more competent than the Master, sorry if the truth hurts.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Richard Sammel loving owns

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just cancel the whole loving plot arc and just make a spinoff about Eichhorst murdering AirBnB guests.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

etalian posted:

Just cancel the whole loving plot arc and just make a spinoff about Eichhorst murdering AirBnB guests.

I have more sympathy for him after watching this than I did after watching all that dumb vaccum salesman poo poo. That backstory probably cost so much

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Really lame Palmer is still alive, and the auction was a joke. Couldn't they just phone that in? 2 people could of just sent in their bank information.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I was hoping that Zach would hug mommy dearest and pull them both onto the third rail

god dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Anyone else think Palmer is going to secretly help the good guys to get revenge now? And goddamn I'm glad Coco bit the dust, their lovey-dovey scenes were gross and awkward and her trying to suddenly act like a badass negotiator was obnoxious.

• Locked thread