Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Season 2, first episode is free on Google Play right now:

https://play.google.com/store/tv/show?id=E21PWz5u1Ag&cdid=tvseason-Onbt_eBlh-NwPP_aS5x68w&gdid=tvepisode-zcsAjMINHgs&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

They're pretending colloidal silver is not a thing in this series. It's a shame, because I want blue-skinned vampire hunters.

the head hunter could be papa smurf

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

show is best for the body horror moments and worst for all the cheesy family drama/forced infighting moments.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

maybe Eph will be reverse Samson, he gets more powerful as he loses hair.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlackJosh posted:

Evil Nazi Vampire is a really fun bad guy to have

I like how the Master can't resist making the classic evil overlord mistake of leaving the plucky band of heroes alive.

Well they have no chance of beating me....

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

johntfs posted:

I've mostly been following this show through this thread. Is the kid really that bad? He sounds like he's somehow worse than King Joffrey.

You start to like the show for bit after scenes like the health club fight, then the lovely annoying kid shows up.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Yeah anytime a writer suggests a plot line for kids they should be beaten. The walking dead actually did that right for a change changing Coral from a little pain in the rear end to an actual poo poo wrecker was cool.

karl contributed to the plot like blasting away some annoying teenages with a shotgun.

the only point of the Strain kid is to constantly throw temper tantrums.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mars4523 posted:

Zach is the worst.

Also, why haven't Eph and Nora approached the government and gone like "Hey, give us money"?

because the evil billionaire is running a propaganda campaign and influencing government decisions.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

Have I mentioned lately that Fet is the best character?

he's coping pretty well with the end of the world

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The vampires killing wall street bankers made me question if they really are the bad guys?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

show likes showing you cool stuff then suddenly taking it away

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

whalesteak posted:

I hope the costume department uses Eph's need to disguise himself to introduce a series of ever more hilarious wigs.

two more weeeks!

Eph going bald as a disguise is one of the so bad it becomes good moments in this show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Can we at least agree that the indian girl who works at the restaurant is pretty smoking hot?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

spookygonk posted:

Not really, he'd want to keep Eichorst on as his #1 servant. No one does it better than Eichorst.

Eichorst is one of the few consistently good things about the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vodos posted:

I liked how the 2000+ year old hybrid killing machine was stopped from fulfilling his lifelong quest for vengeance by a few feet of rubble that a child could climb over within seconds.

the show loves showing you cool poo poo and taking it away from you a few minutes later.

Vampire dude killing and curbstomping annoying vampire kids with his bone sword awesome.

Now let's get back to some family infighting a few minutes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

It annoys me immensely that the city goes between straight chillin' and total panic apocalypse every other scene.

the show has a consistent tone problem

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

That intro credit sequence was the highlight of the episode.

looks like they took some inspiration from the Walking Dead's intro

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

for some reason power plant sabotage meant turning switch from on to off

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

plainswalker75 posted:

What, Lee Harvey Goodweather completely failing to hit his target and then hiding in the book depository wasn't comedy enough for you?

he has 0/100 skill with rifles but 95/100 with pistols

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Eichhorst getting shot while gloating about finally catching the pesky kids should be a running gag now. I half expected him to yell "Not again!" when it happened in this episode.

I like how the gang even have their own magic mystery machine van.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I love how their plan to cut power to the city was to turn off like 3 switches.

They even left the manual behind.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They don't notice anything since New Yorkers are used to be surrounded by blood sucking assholes

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Also someone should really take that rifle off of Eph.

you'll put your eye out!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Does anybody actually care about the characters/narrative at this point? I know I sure don't; I'm basically watching it because I like Eichorst and I hate myself.

I think all the non stop girl bickering with Dutch and also whiny kid really add to the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

This show is the most Toronto I've seen on TV. I guess this is what it was like for people from Vancouver watching The X-Files?

"Hey how are we gonna make Union Station look like NYC?"
"I know! Let's park an NYPD cruiser out front!"
"DONE! It's indistinguishable from NYC now!"

The show makes me feel good since it's Toronto not being NYC that's getting destroyed in a vampire plague.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 29, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

that kid is such a little poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WitchFetish posted:

RIP in peace Nora, you were too good of a surrogate mom for this little piece of poo poo

I'm hoping it's because Mia Maestro got up fed with the show or landed a better gig on something else.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Richard Sammel loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just cancel the whole loving plot arc and just make a spinoff about Eichhorst murdering AirBnB guests.

• Locked thread