Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

COOL CORN posted:

One of my favorite posters of all time and I haven't even seen the movie! Gonna remedy that soon.

edit-- YouTube has it for $2.99! Five minutes in and I'm fuckin' sold.

Not sure how experienced you are with Hammer, but Dracula Has Risen From the Grave is pretty representative of what you can expect. So if you dig it then there's about 30 more movies you should probably check out.

The Best of the Best were all directed by Terence Fisher though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Cushing definitely reaches peak rear end in a top hat in Frankenstein Created Woman. I was laughing my rear end off the whole time, he just fucks people over left and right.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Liberal Idiot posted:

For real - he rigs a murder trial just to get what he wants, and he still can't resist being a total bitch to everyone while he's on the stand.

Chief of Police: Do you expect us to believe this childish rubbish, sir? Do you take us for fools?
Baron Frankenstein: Yes.

Its just so great how he's not conflicted at all about what he's doing, at no point is there a moment where he thinks "what have I become" or any of that nonsense.

He's just like "yea, I'll need a fresh brain so lets make sure this innocent guy gets executed for murder. Ok, job done, but wait, you say that his girlfriend committed suicide in her grief? Well hey, we needed a fresh body anyway to complete the experiment! Things are really falling into place aren't they!"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

No love for THE DEVIL RIDES OUT? it's awesome and it afforded Lee one of his few heroic roles. He's great in it, which makes it a shame when he disappears for long stretches (to research magic spells).

The Devil Rides Out is one of the very few Lee/Fisher films I haven't seen yet, its been on my short list forever. I'd happily pay $5 to rent it but I've never seen it available for streaming anywhere.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

HannibalBarca posted:

I've just now started collecting some of these on DVD/Blu-Ray, but I've hit a snag where it's hard to get a hold of DVDs for the Frankenstein series between "Revenge" and "Must be Destroyed." Are those movies essential viewing in terms of having to bridge gaps between the films? If so, can you point a poor colonial towards a place to obtain these pieces of high culture from the Mother Country?

The Evil of Frankenstein is on this set: https://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Par...of+Frankenstein

Its a good set even aside from Frankenstein, it includes a very underrated Cushing role in Night Creatures, and there's also Curse of the Werewolf which is excellent.

Frankenstein Created Woman is tougher to track down, but unfortunately it is pretty essential. Some would argue that its the best of all the sequels. The only real option is paying $25 for an individual blu ray, I don't think its included in any DVD set that's currently in print.

• Locked thread